• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Nikonos V - Broken, free to a good home

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BWChris

BWChris

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Open Water
  • Logged Dives:2

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

I have a 30 year old Nikonos V that just quit working @ 2 years ago. You have to send it to Texas to fix it and they'll charge you @ $100,000,000 just to look at it. I was going to throw it out but if anybody wants it they can have it. I am in Jupiter Fl, so I would prefer someone in S. Fla come and get it or if someone out of area wants it we can work out something about shipping. I don't really know whats wrong with it, but it wont wind after the picture. I'd take a picture of it but, wouldn't ya know it, my camera doesn't work.

Edited by BWChris, 18 February 2011 - 06:07 PM.

#2 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 19 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

You might be able to donate it to a museum or something like it and get a tax deduction for it.

Smithsonian might take it too if it has history.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#3 ScubaShafer

ScubaShafer

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT
  • Logged Dives:2460

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:34 AM

I know of people buying used/broken V's on eBay for parts.
It's a GR8 day to be alive!

"Good things come to those who wait." Heinz - 1980s
"Good things come to those who wait." Guinness - 1990s
"Good things come to those with weights." ScubaShafer - 2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users