• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

HH at Dutch Springs

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#46 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:40 AM

Too many items for one reply so I'll pick a couple and work on those. First I have a house 20-25 minutes away that I can put some folks up in. Camping on the grounds is fun if you're into that sort of thing. I have a tent for borrow if some want to do that.

Dry suit hoses are no problem I have a tub full and DUI will provide them as well but if you're ready to go it's just easier.

There is a big air fill station on the premises. As well as canned nitrox (no special mixes) look at Dutch Springs for current rates. PIR8 has a dive shop he uses and mine will more than likely be there as well. Plus the mentioned Lehigh valley shop is very close. Any needs or wants in the rental category can be arraigned as well as a drysuit course over the weekend if you want.

There are many good eateries and watering holes in the ABE area. (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)

I just got off the phone with my dive shop and if I can come up with some idea of the gear people would like to rent he will tow his big gear trailer to the quarry that day. It is a very neat set up.

Umm.. a house is good. Perhaps a silly question, but is the air fill station free? My local DS charges $3 per tank, which is more than reasonable, but i'm unsure how other locations do it.

How much would the dry suit course be (and what agency provides it)?

I'll defer to the group with regards to eateries, but I put my vote in for a pub type set up. They're fun, always have decent food, and cheap.

No Dutch's air is not free, sorry that I don't know their prices, but I don't think they're cheap. I can do the course for $225 if you want it. Includes book and cert card. I usually do it threough PADI but can also do SDI if you prefer. I would say NAUI but I never sent that one in even though I am one of their Instructors also.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#47 BettyRubble

BettyRubble

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:145

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:46 AM

I'm a Dutch Springs frequent....count me in. I am usually with a group of divers known as DNY (Dive New York) and we do cookouts at dutch between dives and dinner at Gregory's Steak house in the evening. Everyone brings something for the cookout, a few bring grills, and we just throw it all in and chow.

Can someone update the first post with the dates...wasn't sure where this landed.

If we want to go the cookout route, we can start posting who is bringing what and capture that on the first post too.

Ok, taking off my Martha Stewart hat.

:-)

I've seen several people talk about Dutch Springs and that got me to thinking about a Happy Hour there on a Saturday later this spring. Let me know what you think.

Jerry

Interested List

1. Jerry aka Jerrymxz
2. Kate aka KateP
3. Pheniox
4. Bob aka pir8
5. Erica aka TXAggieDiver
6. Dave aka DaveL

Edited by BettyRubble, 26 April 2011 - 10:46 AM.

#48 TXAggieDiver

TXAggieDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:we're supposed to track of that @#!$ ?

Posted 26 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

I'm a Dutch Springs frequent....count me in. I am usually with a group of divers known as DNY (Dive New York) and we do cookouts at dutch between dives and dinner at Gregory's Steak house in the evening. Everyone brings something for the cookout, a few bring grills, and we just throw it all in and chow.

Can someone update the first post with the dates...wasn't sure where this landed.

If we want to go the cookout route, we can start posting who is bringing what and capture that on the first post too.

Ok, taking off my Martha Stewart hat.

:-)

:welcome: BettyRubble!
Great idea a cook out sounds good. We were planning on going for DUI dog days and they sponsor a cook out as well. I'm not sure if they'll feed everyone or just those that are trying out dry suits with them.

Jerrymxz will update it when he gets back form the Truk trip. Lucky him!!!
  • BettyRubble likes this
Make sure you never run out of Erica!

#49 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:20 AM

I have used my Great Gazoo powers, and put BettyRubble on the first post! :P
Posted Image

#50 TXAggieDiver

TXAggieDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 11:30 AM

Your awesome!! :cheerleader:

#51 BettyRubble

BettyRubble

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:13 PM

Wow....Thanks! BTW what does it take to obtain Great Gazoo powers??? I sure could use them!

#52 BettyRubble

BettyRubble

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 02:19 PM

:welcome: BettyRubble!
Great idea a cook out sounds good. We were planning on going for DUI dog days and they sponsor a cook out as well. I'm not sure if they'll feed everyone or just those that are trying out dry suits with them.

Jerrymxz will update it when he gets back form the Truk trip. Lucky him!!!

Truk ... yeah...I'm jealous!!!!

Well, heck, for a free hot dog I can slip out of my whites and into one of their fancy dancy duds...

#53 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

I just got off the boat (not the turnip truck) at The Blue Lagoon resort for a short day then off to Guam and on to Palau. The diving in Truk is un-real!!! I did 5 dives on Thursday 3 of them deco dives and Yesterday (Saturday) we did the San francisco Maru. 187 feet for 20 minutes!! YEA BABY!! :wakawaka:

Please keep this thread going and what ever the group wants to do is fine with me.

Lets see is it eating time sleeping time or diving time..... :cool2:

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#54 Dave L

Dave L

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:17 PM

Sounds like you are enjoying yourself Jerry. You will have internet at Palau so I'm sure you will be back with us shortly. Betty, it is my understanding that this is the weekend of May 21-22. I recognize you from the "other board". I'm Chief Dave L, also from Delaware. Welcome.

Dave

#55 BettyRubble

BettyRubble

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

Betty, it is my understanding that this is the weekend of May 21-22. I recognize you from the "other board". I'm Chief Dave L, also from Delaware. Welcome.

Dave

Hey Dave!

Hmmmm...I'm in Morehead through the 20th... a group of us is trying to decide whether to drive back Friday night or Saturday. I'll keep an eye on this thread and if you all decide on a Saturday night get together, I'll see if I can swing up. I can always stay over and dive Dutch Sunday.

#56 Dave L

Dave L

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 May 2011 - 09:13 AM

Betty, it is my understanding that this is the weekend of May 21-22. I recognize you from the "other board". I'm Chief Dave L, also from Delaware. Welcome.

Dave

Hey Dave!

Hmmmm...I'm in Morehead through the 20th... a group of us is trying to decide whether to drive back Friday night or Saturday. I'll keep an eye on this thread and if you all decide on a Saturday night get together, I'll see if I can swing up. I can always stay over and dive Dutch Sunday.

Hi Betty. At the moment it looks like I'll be at Dutch on Saturday with a local buddy for the day. Not sure if we would stay for night time festivities. He and I sometimes camp at Dutch but not this weekend.

Dave

#57 TXAggieDiver

TXAggieDiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 06:33 AM

Tankboy26 and I will be there on Saturday as well. I'll PM those I can with my phone number so we call all meet up or perhaps someone knows of a landmark there we can meet at? WE'll be arriving around 9 am.

#58 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 04:22 PM

Sorry I haven't been more up on this. Work has been a bit hectic since I’ve gotten back from Truk and Palau. I may have to work Saturday but if not I should be there. I'll try to post tomorrow or Friday at the latest whether I'm going to make it.

Dave L: I'll try to get a table near where we were before.

For those that are coming we meet up on the peninsula. Turn right as soon as you get inside the gate. Tell the parking Nazi you are going down to drop off gear. We’ll have a spot picked out and a couple tables staked out. See you all soon

PM me and I’ll give you my cell for those who don't have it already

Jerry

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   

#59 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:09 PM

Anyone else going to be at Dutch Tomorrow?

#60 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 07:08 PM

We ended up with three people for a bit of a get together on Saturday. We had a good time and the weather was great. Erica's first cold water dive. I love my Whites dry suit :cool2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users