• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2005:April 16-23-St.Marteen/Saba/Statia/StKitts

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
648 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:17 PM

Is there somewhere I can get what you use so I can try them on dry land? I'm actually looking into accupuncture. I can use this trip to see if worked :wavey:

Go to Walmart or large drug store and ask the pharmacist for Meclizine. It is non-prescription but kept behind the counter! It will cost about $5-6 for 100 pills. Try them on land to see if they have a sleepy effect on you. They do not make me nor others who use them drowsy. You may however react differently to them.

As for non-drug remedies...ginger works well. Get the candied version at whole food stores and chew on that. Ginger ale also helps as does ginger snaps.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 08 October 2004 - 05:14 AM

Kamala, I may do this instead of Conzumel. I think its island fever and the call of the rainforest hitting me about now.

Also want to do Bali & Wakatobi in November. These might be the only two international trips the rest will have to do in my new back yard. :o

Sylvia.... too much work and not enough diving trips :wavey: Well, two international trips is great.. the more the better though. :lmao:
I've started working a couple of extra hours each week so I can build up some comp time. Two weeks worth and it's Fiji in November! :lmao:
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#18 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 12 October 2004 - 11:53 PM

Alright, my shopping has officially been curtailed and my penny jar opened - I have to figure out a way to be able to make it on this trip (I checked and the air fare is a killer from Vancouver though!)

Michelle

Its probably not much better from Hawaii. But, I figure, I pay for the trip now, and by the airline ticket can wait a few months. Not as hard on the bank account that way.
"

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 05:44 AM

Alright, my shopping has officially been curtailed and my penny jar opened - I have to figure out a way to be able to make it on this trip (I checked and the air fare is a killer from Vancouver though!)

Michelle

Its probably not much better from Hawaii. But, I figure, I pay for the trip now, and by the airline ticket can wait a few months. Not as hard on the bank account that way.

Great...plus you get more money off by paying early! Forces you to REALLY save for it as well!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 13 October 2004 - 06:43 AM

I've started working a couple of extra hours each week so I can build up some comp time. Two weeks worth and it's Fiji in November! :banghead:

NOTE:

I've had a number of people tell me that fall is too soon for a S. Pacific trip unless its the only trip they take all year and even then its still too soon.

SOOOOOOOOO I'm hoping to find a great deal at DEMA or I may need to push it out a bit to 2006 so people can adequately save for it. k

formerly...

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 07:07 AM

Hey gang...further clarification has been asked about the deposits so here goes...

Yes you'll need to be paid in full by the deadline which is Nov 1 in order to qualify for the early booking discount. (I offer the discount in order to generate the money I need for deposits and to make sure that we'll have enough interest in the trip and will not have to cancel it later.)

I will be also offering another incentive for paying your deposit early for this trip and that is a chance to win free nitrox. All deposits as well as bookings for the trip rec'd by Nov 1 will qualify for a chance to win FREE nitrox for the week. If there are only two deposits or payments rec'd then you'll have a 50/50 chance of winning free nitrox or the same amount off your nitrox certification if you are not certified yet.

formerly...

#22 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 08:50 AM

I've had a number of people tell me that fall is too soon for a S. Pacific trip unless its the only trip they take all year and even then its still too soon.

SOOOOOOOOO I'm hoping to find a great deal at DEMA or I may need to push it out a bit to 2006 so people can adequately save for it. k

If you push South Pacific back to 2006, any ideas on where to go to in the fall?
BVI's maybe... or if Grenada or the Caymans have recovered enough from Hurricane Ivan, do it then. Just some thoughts.

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:06 AM

If you push South Pacific back to 2006, any ideas on where to go to in the fall?
BVI's maybe... or if Grenada or the Caymans have recovered enough from Hurricane Ivan, do it then. Just some thoughts.

You are reading my mind....I am looking at Fiji...BVI...and Grenada for 2005 or early 2006!!! Too many cool choices! Got to grow membership so we can offer them ALL and still have enough people to make every trip a 'go'!!!! -ww

formerly...

#24 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 09:59 AM

I'm still in for Fiji in late 05/early 06.

What/where is BVI??
"

#25 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 October 2004 - 10:15 AM

BVI is British Virgin Islands

Kim

#26 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:20 AM

I'm definitely interested in this trip. Trying to talk a girlfriend of mine into going so that I have a roommate. Not up for paying the single supp! In the mean time, if anyone else is interested but holding back b/c of single supp/roommate dilemna, please let me know.

Also need to check on air fare and see if I can find any reasonable fares on CO. That may be a determining factor.

Will let you know asap.

#27 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 11:25 AM

I will be sending Kamala my check for this trip in time for the 01 Nov deadline. And I'm not looking to pay the single supplement. But then again, that is part of the beauty in this group. Kamala will pair us up with roommates.

Hope to meet you in April.

Ali

PS, I've found decent airfare from HNL on American. I have the best rates by going directly to the arilines web page.
"

#28 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 01:11 PM

OK, I will commit to this trip. I'll get that check to you by Nov 1st, I hope. And will share a room. :welcome:

#29 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 17 October 2004 - 08:34 PM

I got a copy of the CD they put out on this trip From Sunchaser at Dema, Looks Like a great boat and a Great Food, Wonderfull Diving!!!!!!.I'm thinking Really Hard about writing that Check, becuase after watching the CD I really ,Really want to go now :birthday:

:birthday:

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 07:55 AM

I got a copy of the CD they put out on this trip From Sunchaser at Dema, Looks Like a great boat and a Great Food, Wonderfull Diving!!!!!!.I'm thinking Really Hard about writing that Check, becuase after watching the CD I really ,Really want to go now :birthday:

:birthday:

I'm hoping to get some of that footage on the site for people to see as it is great! In the meantime...I'm glad to see so many people taking advantage of the discounts...I offer them so that we have enough money to pay the boat deposits needed to secure the trip! This particular trip had almost no vacancies so it must be a great boat and trip! -ww

P.S. don't forget to take advantage of this tremendous nitrox deal! I just added the bolded part below! -ww

Discounts:

Ø $50 discount for SD premier or charter membership
Ø $150 Nitrox credit for Early Bird Booking or $50 discount for early booking and payment in full before Nov.1 OR equivilent off the price of Nitrox instruction while on the trip!Ø Chance to win FREE Nitrox for the week ($150) for every person paid in full OR $300 deposit rec'd by Nov.1  (Winner will be announced on Nov 2)
Ø Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal. 

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users