• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

KC Happy Hour / Tailgate

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:16 AM

Wish I could make it again. Last year was great!

Have fun everyone!

Clint

#17 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Board Status:back on the short bus...
  • Cert Level:AOW - new diver
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:20 AM

Sounds like a plan Tammy - might try to bring stuffed Jalepenos...

#18 Soccerjeni

Soccerjeni

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:19

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:28 PM

I checked with a couple of my friends about the tailgate. They sounded interested, but unfortunately we play in a soccer league that is not organized at all. So they won't know the game time for that week until probably Thursday. I'm skipping the soccer game, but since they run the team they don't feel like they can. :/ If they do find out they can come, I'll bring extra food to cook for them.

Go ahead and put me down for the guacamole dip, potato salad and I'll bring brownies. The brownies are a whole sheet cake full, so there should be a lot!

#19 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 31 October 2011 - 12:48 PM

I picked up the tix today for Hawk, Tray, Nathan, Anita & me. Good news is, the tix are only $45 this year. Bad news? To sit together, I had to get tix in section 340 (row 19, seats 20-24). Not the best seats, but we'll be high enough to see the whole field. And the best part is the tailgating anyway, right? :teeth:

We'll try to meet up so we can minimize the vehicles we pay to park, and so we can park side by side. We'll try for Lot G again this year.

Jeni, if you and your friends want to convoy with us, you're more than welcome. Otherwise, try to park in Lot G and we can play Marco/Polo until you find us! :lmao:
Posted Image

#20 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 31 October 2011 - 04:02 PM

well after yesterday I there's a good chance that at least you will see your team win....

Frontier is offering $8 tickets, but even that couldn't get me to fly somewhere to see the Broncos play.

#21 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:19 PM

well after yesterday I there's a good chance that at least you will see your team win....

Frontier is offering $8 tickets, but even that couldn't get me to fly somewhere to see the Broncos play.

:lmao: Notice that nobody has flown in this year to watch the Chiefs, either! :teeth:
Posted Image

#22 No Nurse or Purse

No Nurse or Purse

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:100-150

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:59 PM

Hey LLDN, thanks for the invite but I will be in Roatan on 11/13. This will be my first SingleDivers.com trip and with the weather today, it can't get here too soon!

Have a great time and let me know what's up next. I travel with another SCUBA nut and I hope we can meet the KC people.

Jackie aka No Nurse or Purse

OK, since Hawk first mentioned 11/13 against the Broncos, let's go with that date -- unless someone speaks up ASAP!

I show the following so far:
eca

Who's Going:

Hawk aka ScubaHawk
Tammy aka LLDN
Anita aka Anita
Nathan (Anita's husband)
Jen aka Soccerjeni (has her own tickets)
Tray aka scrappykidz

If anyone is bringing a guest, let me know so I can get enough tickets. I will have to get them in the next week or so.

* If Hawk can bring his little grill & charcoal, that would be great.
* I will provide the food that needs cooking! (burgers, dawgs, beans & all associated fixin's)
* I have lots of beer left over from my party, so I can bring that, too (Bud, Bud Light, & Coors Light)

I'll let others volunteer for sodas, chips, plates/napkins, and dessert, and anything else they prefer.

#23 Soccerjeni

Soccerjeni

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:03 PM

I picked up the tix today for Hawk, Tray, Nathan, Anita & me. Good news is, the tix are only $45 this year. Bad news? To sit together, I had to get tix in section 340 (row 19, seats 20-24). Not the best seats, but we'll be high enough to see the whole field. And the best part is the tailgating anyway, right? :teeth:

We'll try to meet up so we can minimize the vehicles we pay to park, and so we can park side by side. We'll try for Lot G again this year.

Jeni, if you and your friends want to convoy with us, you're more than welcome. Otherwise, try to park in Lot G and we can play Marco/Polo until you find us! :lmao:

Awesome! Lot G is on the West side of the Stadium right? I think I would like to ride with at least to the stadium and possibly back. That way i get more of the single divers experience. :) As far as my 2 friends, I still am not sure if they are going to be able to make it, but if they can we can meet up and carpool with the group. But, definitley count me in for carpooling with you guys.

#24 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:53 AM

Yes, on the west side. I guess I better look to see what time the game starts, so we can plan what time to head to the stadium!
Posted Image

#25 Soccerjeni

Soccerjeni

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

I checked the schedule, we play at noon. Here's a link: http://www.kcchiefs....vents/home.html. Here's a link to the parking map: http://www.kcchiefs....tailgating.html. Parking is $27.

So what time do you think we should meet? Should I come to your house, or is there somewhere else you would like to meet?

#26 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 07:47 AM

OK, let's see. If the game starts at noon, we should be headed to the stadium by 9am or so. That will give us time to tailgate & have a good time before heading into the stadium at 11:30 to get through security & get to our seats.

We typically meet up at my house to consolidate vehicles & convoy to the stadium, but if anyone has a better meeting place speak up now! Jeni, I'll text you my address. Everybody else coming already know where I live.
Posted Image

#27 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Who's Going:

Hawk aka ScubaHawk
Tammy aka LLDN
Anita aka Anita
Nathan (Anita's husband)
Jeni aka Soccerjeni (has her own tickets)
Tray aka scrappykidz
Sabrina (diving friend of Jeni's)
Kathy (another friend of Jeni's)

* Hawk is bringing his little grill & charcoal
* I will provide the food that needs cooking! (burgers, dawgs, beans & all associated fixin's)
* Nathan & Anita are bringing the plates, napkins, flatware, cups, etc
* Jeni is bringing potato salad and brownies....and maybe some guacamole (mmmmm!!)
* Sabrina and Kathy are bringing the chips
* Everybody brings their own preferred beverages....I will have plenty of room in my 2 coolers!

Posted Image

#28 scrappykidz

scrappykidz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • Board Status:back on the short bus...
  • Cert Level:AOW - new diver
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 09 November 2011 - 04:07 PM

Tammy - pmed you with the new cel #
Will be there bright and early with bells... and maybe little else on ;)
Other than peppers... anything else I can bring???

#29 Soccerjeni

Soccerjeni

Getting started

• Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

Yay! I'm all ready! I think I will take you up on some space in your cooler.

See you tomorrow! :)

#30 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:57 PM

Tray, I texted you my address. Jeni, I'm bringing 2 coolers so there is plenty of room! Should be MUCH better weather this year for our annual event. Woot! See everybody at my house before nine am.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users