• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Making a life long dream come true...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:26 PM

Gang by now many of you know that I leaving for Rome tomorrow returning the 24th in order to make my mother's life long dream come true. I've been promising her this dream since I was in college and studied abroad and had the chance to go there while in school. She has wanted to do the same well before I did ...yet she sacraficed everything so I could have opportunities she did not.

Now many many years later I'm sure she NEVER thought I'd make good on my promise. And I suppose I almost didn't. See her younger sister is dying of cancer and I suddenly realized that my window had almost closed.

And this year is no better than last... money is tight, time is tighter, and the timing never works out with all the other travel I do.

UNTIL this spring... AA.com ran a cruise special for the Med itinerary that she wanted to go on. I could get miles for the airline tickets and the only week in Oct that I could possibly do it was NOW on sale. We found a local hotel to spend extra days in Rome and everything fell into place. It was time to make it happen.

But how could I return from one dive trip the 9th and depart again the 13th to return the 24th late and depart again the 27th for Cozumel then direct to DEMA then onto Roatan?

I couldn't without letting a lot of clients down and dropping a lot of balls. And yet my gut told me NOW WAS THE TIME... do not wait...do not delay...you'll never forgive yourself if you missed the chance to do this.

So I'm asking for forgiveness from all of you...the ones I still need to do this or do that. I will get EVERYTHING DONE...just slower than I would like. And while this trip was planned a few months ago...it was never planned to be this year...but time moves too quickly and tomorrow may never come.

So please bear with me as I work very hard to get things caught up. YES I will try to work on the trip and access the internet as much as I can. I will eventually get everything done... I am just extremely thankful that our members for the most part will probably be forgiving and will bear with until I can do what they need.

:thankyou: all! What an amazing community! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 AnemoneAmy

AnemoneAmy

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:33 PM

Have a fantastic time!!! I took my mom on a safari a few years ago, which was her dream, and it was amazing. You will not regret it! Posted Image

#3 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 12 October 2011 - 12:37 AM

Have a great trip! :)
Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!
Jane Austen

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:54 AM

Kamala, you are as on top of your game as ever to discover and seize this opportunity on such short notice while keeping all your plates spinning on sticks.*** :cool1:

Yes it adds stress, yes you'll feel overwhelmed at times, and YES this is the chance of a lifetime to treat the most important woman in your life and a promise paid that was long overdue! :angel2: Of course you can rely on your loyal elves to keep the Keebler ovens baking in the big tree and otherwise help out where we can on trips, member requests and site maintenance / security. :bam: (Um... pay no attention to the smiley behind the curtain being pummeled by his PC.)

Please pass along hugs and best wishes to your Mom!

*** A regular event on the old Ed Sullivan Show, for those born after 1965. :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#5 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:44 AM

Have fun, and everyone going on these trips, remember that the Hurricane season doesn't end till the end of November..

Found this little nugget on Dr. Jeff Master's blog this morning..

http://www.wunderground.com/tropical/

The ECMWF and NOGAPS models continue to predict that a strong tropical disturbance capable of becoming a tropical depression could form in the Western Caribbean early next week. Some of the spin and moisture for this storm could potentially come from an area of disturbed weather in the Eastern Pacific.

Hopefully it will be nothing..but you never know.

#6 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 12 October 2011 - 07:06 AM

Good for you Kamala!! You have been so dedicated to this website and making sure everyone else has a good trip that you deserve to get away and spend this time with your mom. I hope you and your mom have a great trip!!!!!

Keith

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#7 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

Have a wonderful time!!

#8 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:00 AM

I've been promising myself a trip to Rome for so long! Have a wonderful time, both of you, and be assured that I'll be sticking pins into a doll I've made of you!

#9 scubachick43

scubachick43

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:42 AM

Kuddos honey! No need to forgive. ENJOY your trip! And be safe. Marg and I look forward to Cozy.

#10 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

I always wondered how WW relaxed after a years grind of travelling to foreign and exotic dive locations. :P

Safe trip and bring us back some Cannoli.
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

• Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:15 PM

Having lost all my parents and grandparents I can relate. The Christmas I missed with my mom was her last Christmas so I would say that you are doing the right thing and don't worry about it. The site will still be running when you get back.

Have fun...

#12 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:40 PM

Have a great time and savor your time with family. We'll all be here when you get back. You never know how many days you have and when you have used them they are gone. take every advantage of the time you have. One more thought. don't appoligize to anyone for spending time with your family. ENJOY!

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#13 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:42 PM

:iagree: ENJOY your time with your mom. My sister and I took my mom to Europe 11 years ago. It seemed like the worst timing for me, but I'm SO GLAD we did it. BE GLAD and SAVOR the time and make a wonderful memory!!

#14 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:22 AM

A few years back, I decided to stop visiting my mother at her house. Instead, our get togethers are now a family trip somewhere. In fact, we just returned home yesterday from a two week trip to the Tetons and Yellowstone. My mother, sister and I have a two week trip planned to Tanzania for February as well. For us, traveling together, instead of just visiting, leaves us with so many more memories, and our time spent together is so much more enjoyable now. Have a safe and wonderful trip, and I am sure that this will be a memory that both you and your mother will treasury for a long time.

#15 TCdamsel

TCdamsel

Angel & Charter SD Supporter

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Board Status:Planning my next dive trip!
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:05 PM

You are doing a wonderful thing and will cherish your memories forever! We only have today, so enjoy it to the fullest and SD will be just fine. We all love you and support you so just chill out and "No worries!" :cloud9:

Ellen
Every man and woman is born into the world to do something unique and something distinctive and if he or she does not do it, it will never be done.Benjamin E. Mays

Have a question...get an answer. Email: angels@singledivers.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users