• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Making a life long dream come true...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 October 2011 - 08:45 PM

HELLO FROM ROME!!!

I finally got my computer working and online. Its been an ordeal but reading this thread has made my day! Thank you all so much. This trip has been surreal so far. I'm watching my mother and her friend have the time of a lifetime. Deeply religious both of them...you can tell they are touched and moved at their very core with the historical significance of where we are. Add to that the entire cool vacation in general factor and you have fun on overload. And they are TROOPERS!!! The tour guides and even other tourists are amazed at their stamina. We have literally walked MILES and MILES these past few days with more today. (Its 4:30 am here while its 10:30 pm Eastern.) And while I thought I would miss not going to some amazing diving venue...my core is being revitalized by the history and culture of this amazing place. And to see it thru my mother's eyes...the woman that has given me everything has made it surreal and yet so over the top that I am beyond happy.

And this trip has been a catalyst for other life revolving changes that are so tied together...they are all a flood of emotion.

In general it has been an amazing journey to take a dream and turn it into a place to hang out and, work my butt off and have the best lifestyle business in the world.

I've made many sacrafices...one of which is time with family. Now when I have the time...I do not have the money. When I had the money I never had the time. Or I did not make it.

Given recent events in my family's health I realized I may not get a second change to honor a promise I had made so many years ago. We do that too many times...I will be working to change this more regularly.

Having said that...I owe SO MANY of you similar promises...and I am frantically working to resolve those as well. It has started with my promise to my mother...next is playing catch up on the hundreds of details I owe you all... and then it will be the addition of some much needed staff who will help us do the things we've started and I can not do alone. And finally it will conclude next year with the wench being in the office more working SMARTER not harder.

SingleDivers.com is a dream come true for many people who love and enjoy the same things I love and enjoy about this amazing group...diving, hanging out with like minded people, traveling safely to some of the most amazing places in the world to dive and having a blast...finding avenues to grow personally or professionally and developing life long relationships and friendships that survive every test of time.

One of the posts in this thread is from a young lady who was one of the FIRST angels...in fact we named them that because they were the most beautiful ladies both inside and out and they had just learned to dive...and they found SingleDivers.com in our first or second year of operation and they made this place so much better by their very existence. To them it was just having fun...to us...it was so much more than that...it was the start of the group of awesome volunteers who make SD like no other place on the web...our Angels and Charlies!

To see her smiling face...in this thread which is the new foundation of what SingleDivers.com will be going forward...has nearly made my journey complete. Without you all I would not be able to be where I am right now, doing what I am doing right now. Without you all I would not be motivated to work as hard as I do. And without you all my dreams would not be coming true either. Without you all there would be no reason for this group.

So thank you all again for being the reason I can fly off someplace to make my mother's dream come true and in the process realize that my dreams are coming true as well. And please understand that YOU ARE ALL AN INTEGRAL PART OF THAT DREAM. You are my family, my friends and my reason for doing everything I do.

Thank you for the chance to not only experience but understand this amazing miracle I'm experiencing. Hopefully I'll be able to get online a few more times before the whirlwind dream comes to an end but if not rest easy knowing you've made my day and calmed my fears...see you all soon both online and hopefully in person soon! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Kamala, tell your mom HI and keep on having the time of your life... These memories will be special, keep them near and dear!!! Can't wait to hear about the rest of the trip.

#18 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:23 PM

Kamala, have a wonderful time with your Mom, and do say hello to her for me. I'm sure she'll love Rome even more than she did Egypt, given all the additional religious overtones. Have a wonderful time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users