• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Airport body scanners

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 18 December 2011 - 03:26 PM

I opted for the scanner, it was quick and easy. Only took 3-5 seconds. And I will do it again.

Law abiding citizens should not be subjected to nakedizing scanners or enhanced pat downs. :(

nakedizing scanners??? When did people become so paranoid. These scans blur out everything and are scanning for nonorganic materials. I've seen the scans. You can't tell if the person being scanned is human or a some other primate. TSA people see these scans all day long and yet another fat American rear is just going to bore them.

If it takes a pat down to keep a fully loaded glock off the plane then I am all for it. I've been patted down here and overseas. Believe me the pat downs here are practically nothing in comparison to real ones. The complete lack of security is what caused 9/11 anyway. Lets just go back to that, it worked out real well.

Let's just think for ourselves for a change, and see that the government is not totally evil. All this crazy "the government is out to get us" crap is why people leave this site. Nothing nefarious is happening guys. Nobody is out to get us.

Pick your battles folks. This just isn't on my radar, I've have real things to worry about instead of paranoid delusions.

#17 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 December 2011 - 06:21 PM

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin. Im sorry the Anything For Security (AFS)crowd is why this country has so many problems...Our forefathers are spinning in there grave(s).

Thats a teflon coated slippery slope and where does it end? TSA has already been caught lying about strip searching grandmothers, as well a long list of crimes and abuses
http://www.travelund...e-master-lists/

Despite TSAs lies those scanners show alot of detail enough to clearly make out gender and which way you hang. Even one of there spokesholes said them scans were family friendly and ready for the cover of readers digest, but has yet to put his money were his mouth is.

These devices wouldn't not have found the crotch bomber and the EU has banned them recently, and researchers in Germany (videos are on youtube) have shown the scanners cant find weapons but can find shirt lapels and sweaty shirts. Furthermore these devices are unlicensed medical devices so how do you know how much radiation there emitting, how often are they checked, maintained and services? There is no known safe radiation exposure limits, TSA employees are banned from wearing dosimeters. That alone waves enough red flags.

TSA Delenda Est
  • Mermaid Lady likes this

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#18 peterbj7

peterbj7

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:41 PM

TSA employees are banned from wearing dosimeters. That alone waves enough red flags

Absolutely!!

You know, for living in the "Land of the Free" you Americans put up with an awful lot of cr*p! Most Europeans simply wouldn't tolerate what you accept as normal.

Edited by peterbj7, 18 December 2011 - 11:43 PM.

#19 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

TSA employees are banned from wearing dosimeters. That alone waves enough red flags

Absolutely!!

You know, for living in the "Land of the Free" you Americans put up with an awful lot of cr*p! Most Europeans simply wouldn't tolerate what you accept as normal.

Well, there are some who take it better than others.

Just not THIS guy.

#20 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:09 AM

Not all of us Peter!

But sadly we are outnumbered by those who do.
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#21 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:17 AM

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin. Im sorry the Anything For Security (AFS)crowd is why this country has so many problems...Our forefathers are spinning in there grave(s).

Thats a teflon coated slippery slope and where does it end? TSA has already been caught lying about strip searching grandmothers, as well a long list of crimes and abuses
http://www.travelund...e-master-lists/

Despite TSAs lies those scanners show alot of detail enough to clearly make out gender and which way you hang. Even one of there spokesholes said them scans were family friendly and ready for the cover of readers digest, but has yet to put his money were his mouth is.

These devices wouldn't not have found the crotch bomber and the EU has banned them recently, and researchers in Germany (videos are on youtube) have shown the scanners cant find weapons but can find shirt lapels and sweaty shirts. Furthermore these devices are unlicensed medical devices so how do you know how much radiation there emitting, how often are they checked, maintained and services? There is no known safe radiation exposure limits, TSA employees are banned from wearing dosimeters. That alone waves enough red flags.

TSA Delenda Est

Hear Hear, Dan.

I try not to linger too close to them when they are running either. Heaven only only knows what kind of dose the TSA agents are getting from them. The fact that they are not allowed to wear dosimeters is utterly outrageous and a probable violation of OSHA regs. You would never in a million years get away with something like that in the nuclear power industry.

End the TSA.
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady

"'

#22 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:55 AM

Absolutely!!

Well, there are some who take it better than others.

Just not THIS guy.

OMG !!! "A spoon of Sugar HELPS the Medicine go down"
What ever you do,You do it well......John

Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 December 2011 - 09:27 AM

HA!!! I knew that clip looked familiar and I don't mean the real movie. Its been used before my der hine clus platyman! But this is almost as good as the original! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#24 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 07:22 PM

HA!!! I knew that clip looked familiar and I don't mean the real movie. Its been used before my der hine clus platyman! But this is almost as good as the original! :teeth:

I just LOVE those "Untergang" mash ups!

:lmao:
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady

"'

#25 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 19 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

I opted for the scanner, it was quick and easy. Only took 3-5 seconds. And I will do it again.

Law abiding citizens should not be subjected to nakedizing scanners or enhanced pat downs. :(

nakedizing scanners??? When did people become so paranoid. These scans blur out everything and are scanning for nonorganic materials. I've seen the scans. You can't tell if the person being scanned is human or a some other primate. TSA people see these scans all day long and yet another fat American rear is just going to bore them.

If it takes a pat down to keep a fully loaded glock off the plane then I am all for it. I've been patted down here and overseas. Believe me the pat downs here are practically nothing in comparison to real ones. The complete lack of security is what caused 9/11 anyway. Lets just go back to that, it worked out real well.

Let's just think for ourselves for a change, and see that the government is not totally evil. All this crazy "the government is out to get us" crap is why people leave this site. Nothing nefarious is happening guys. Nobody is out to get us.

Pick your battles folks. This just isn't on my radar, I've have real things to worry about instead of paranoid delusions.

I am pretty much with Scott on this one. However if it makes any of you feel any better. The next time that you are confronted with a pat down here in the U.S. just be thankful that you are not in Korea. I swear that the Koreans must have genetically engineered women that they create for the sole purpose of being their equivalent of TSA agents. Those ladies are HUGE and I would not want one of them pissed off at me...Lol!
Sea Turtle advocate!

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 December 2011 - 10:18 PM

Maybe platyman will post the original he did using this clip...its a riot!!! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#27 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:09 PM

Maybe platyman will post the original he did using this clip...its a riot!!! :respect:

You mean THIS one?

It was something that I did to pass the time when I broke my ankle in Australia.

Edited by PlatypusMan, 19 December 2011 - 11:11 PM.

#28 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

You mean THIS one?

It was something that I did to pass the time when I broke my ankle in Australia.

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant!
Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady

"'

#29 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 12:25 PM

Any other women have this experience?

Recently I have noticed that the male TSA agents are always picking me for the scanner while letting all the guys around me go by.

That's why I opt out. I'm not about to give those scumbags another nude picture of a reasonably attractive female body for their collection, virtual or not. (Especially when I worked so hard to achieve mine.)

At least the feel-up is over in a couple of minutes. Naked pictures are forever.

End the TSA!

Edited by Mermaid Lady, 24 January 2012 - 12:27 PM.

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady

"'

#30 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:19 PM

Recently I have noticed that the male TSA agents are always picking me for the scanner while letting all the guys around me go by.

As seen in THIS video perhaps?

• Mermaid Lady and shadragon like this
Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users