• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Instructor Crossovers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:39 PM

This one is for the Instructors out there who have done Instructor crossovers to other/additional agencies.

What made you decide that one agency wasn't enough for you?

How did you determine the agency you wanted to go to?

How has that decision impacted your diving career?

#2 peterbj7

peterbj7

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:over 4000

Posted 16 November 2011 - 05:53 PM

I gained my first instructor rating with PADI, and later crossed over to both IANTD and BSAC. My choice of agencies was determined by what diving I wanted to do and where, and what agencies potential students would be most interested in. As a consequence I've been able to teach people I couldn't otherwise have taught. I have also considerably increased my diving knowledge. FWIW, by far the highest standards I have encountered were those imposed by IANTD.

#3 tstormwarning

tstormwarning

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW Instructor (AOWSI)
  • Logged Dives:1200

Posted 05 December 2011 - 06:37 AM

I did a crossover to SDI. I am an SSI instructor & still primarily teach SSI. I did the crossover to eventually expand my teaching abilities. I want to be able to teach solo diving & eventually some entry level technical courses.
Tammy Storm SSI OWSI #46723 SDI & TDI Instructor #15093

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users