• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Valentine's Day is near...

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

Sent yesterday to my gf of 11 months...

When I first saw you across the parking lot, I had no idea how much you'd change my life...change my belief in what is possible. You have shown me what I've spent a lifetime seeking...true unconditional love, fiery intense passion, infinite compassion and transcendent intuition. You are my dream girl come true...I am blessed to have you in my life. I love you ♥

who would have thunked it
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#17 grim reefer

grim reefer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, trimix, cave, vip, etc
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:15 PM

When I first saw you across the parking lot, I had no idea how much you'd change my life...change my belief in what is possible. You have shown me what I've spent a lifetime seeking...true unconditional love, fiery intense passion, infinite compassion and transcendent intuition. You are my dream girl come true...I am blessed to have you in my life. I love you ♥

So, did she buy it? ;-) Just kidding of course. It's very sweet.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of forever - Jacques Cousteau

#18 kevininpo

kevininpo

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

So, did she buy it? ;-) Just kidding of course. It's very sweet.

Her reply (she is out of town on business so we had to spend the day apart)
~♥~ Happy Valentines day to the love of my life ♥ So glad you are in my life today and everyday ~ You and I can do anything as long as we are one... Love you my baby ~♥~
  • grim reefer and like this
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 February 2012 - 04:06 PM

Kevin that is amazing news! And I didn't realize you were still checking into the site from time to time. I'm glad you did! Now if you need some help saving money on that honeymoon...just let us know! We'll use our contracts to save you some money! ;)

Here's to perfect partners... and getting to go diving...hopefully together or else you still need SingleDivers.com! (And even if it is together you still need us cuz we can save you money and our trips are still a blast!) :teeth:

p.s. It was beyond sweet! You are right...who would have thunk it!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#20 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:44 PM

VD has been pretty much ruined for me at least for the time being.

The last person I saw did a pretty good number on me and pulled the Coup de grāce on valentines day last year. Its okay theirs a special place in hell reserved for her, but not before karma takes a whack.

VD this year I had to work and was a @$$ whipping, 911 & admin phones would not stop ringing, ontop of that we were having radio/phone problems which tripled the work load. By the end of the day i was worn out, although the blender of margaritas sure did help. Maybe in the future it will be different but for right now, its another day on the calender that has been over commercialized.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#21 Sharklover

Sharklover

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:48 PM

The last person I saw did a pretty good number on me and pulled the Coup de grâce on valentines day last year. Its okay theirs a special place in hell reserved for her, but not before karma takes a whack.

VD this year I had to work and was a @$$ whipping, 911 & admin phones would not stop ringing, ontop of that we were having radio/phone problems which tripled the work load. By the end of the day i was worn out, although the blender of margaritas sure did help. Maybe in the future it will be different but for right now, its another day on the calender that has been over commercialized.

Awwww, that makes me sad.

I apologize on behalf of women everywhere even though this sort of stuff is genderless. That's stinky to pick that particular Day, even if it is a Hallmark Holiday. Not everyone has the skills to know how to end something with grace and respect for human dignity, and not everyone is kind enough to try. It sounds like she lacked both kindness and respect for human dignity to choose that particular day. I count amongst my friends some exes who I broke up with, but it was always my intention to cause as little pain as possible when I called and ace an ace.

Let VDay be focused on love of a more general kind. My favorite gifts were the cards I sent to my 7 nieces and nephews, and the handdrawn ones I got from them.

Mwah! To you.

Edited by Sharklover, 16 February 2012 - 10:44 PM.

For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea....ee cummings

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:53 PM

Sometimes we perceive someone has been "stinky" if you will...and to us they were. Sometimes they have truly tried to hurt you for whatever reasons they justify their behaviour with...usually "pay backs" for what they feel has been done to them.

Regardless its crappy to ruin a holiday that has so much sentiment regardless of gender and regardless of commercialization.

My early years were so brutal having guys afraid to date me from New Year's on...worried about the big V day and several either dumping me on or right before the big V day that I used to work out of town at a sister plant and then wire flowers to myself just so I would not have to explain why I had no sweetheart. (I worked in a plant where every woman under 40 had 5-10 male admirers and yet I still have problems in the dating arena. So I gave up on men and started diving... and the rest is history as they say! ;)

Tooth I'm sorry you had a bad day...but all the others will be much better by comparison! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#23 Sharklover

Sharklover

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 16 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

My early years were so brutal having guys afraid to date me from New Year's on...worried about the big V day and several either dumping me on or right before the big V day that I used to work out of town at a sister plant and then wire flowers to myself just so I would not have to explain why I had no sweetheart.

I know that one. Try having a birthday three days later. I never put any pressure on anyone, but for some it was stressful. Even the healthiest and most stable relationships could get a little squirrelly during this week. Never sent myself flowers though I buy them for myself frequently. I have never felt uncomfortable being solo when I am. My little brother sends me and my Mom flowers on Vday. Its sweet. But he is the same guy who whacked an eigth grader when he was in second grade because they had hurt me.
For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea....ee cummings

#24 grim reefer

grim reefer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, trimix, cave, vip, etc
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 16 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

The last person I saw did a pretty good number on me and pulled the Coup de grāce on valentines day last year. Its okay theirs a special place in hell reserved for her, but not before karma takes a whack.

That really sucks. I think it must be a popular time to break up. I was talking with a guy the other night whose wife dumped him on VDay and then spent the evening with her lover. I also talked with a woman whose husband sent her flowers on VDay and then less than a week later told her he wanted a divorce. But somehow based on the stories I heard, I think Christmas time leads the pack. Labor day, the 4th of July, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Thanksgiving, and New Years are other popular holidays for causing heartache. Graceful exits are nice, but seem to be far from the norm and in destructive relationships sometimes there can be no graceful exit possible. I would say to prospective dumpers who find themselves in bad relationships: be kind if you can but be heartless if you must, but by all means end it. Don't let it drag on. If you get dumped, once you get over the pain and get some perspective you should thank your lucky stars that the relationship is over.
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of forever - Jacques Cousteau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users