• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

What bugs you about being single?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Sharklover

Sharklover

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 29 July 2012 - 03:23 PM

Here are some other things I've noticed:

Men my age generally want women much younger.

Traveling is always interesting. When I fly business, men will sometimes push me out of the way when it is time to board, because they assume I couldn't possibly be flying business.

And some of them prefer older women too TC :teeth: It all balances out.
At the end of the day, a guy who is interested in much younger and more dependent women isn't a guy that I am likely to have much in common with anyway, so no loss for me.
Seems that a lot of men my age have baggage they have not learned how to carry yet, though I'm sure that applies to both genders.

I have never had a man push me out of the way when boarding a plane for any section. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I stand 6 feet in my shoes, if I am wearing shorter heels. I recently watched a bunch of men watch as an older woman hobbled to the back of the boarding line with a crutch and a bum foot. I tapped her on the shoulder, and told the guy at the front of the line that she would be getting in front of him to board. I got no argument. Some people weren't raised well and need to be taught.
  • Mermaid Lady likes this
For whatever we lose (like a you or a me), it's always ourselves we find in the sea....ee cummings

#17 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:28 AM

Here are some other things I've noticed:

Men my age generally want women much younger.

Traveling is always interesting. When I fly business, men will sometimes push me out of the way when it is time to board, because they assume I couldn't possibly be flying business.

And some of them prefer older women too TC :teeth: It all balances out.
At the end of the day, a guy who is interested in much younger and more dependent women isn't a guy that I am likely to have much in common with anyway, so no loss for me.
Seems that a lot of men my age have baggage they have not learned how to carry yet, though I'm sure that applies to both genders.

Agree with all three statements.....

I have never had a man push me out of the way when boarding a plane for any section. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I stand 6 feet in my shoes, if I am wearing shorter heels. I recently watched a bunch of men watch as an older woman hobbled to the back of the boarding line with a crutch and a bum foot. I tapped her on the shoulder, and told the guy at the front of the line that she would be getting in front of him to board. I got no argument. Some people weren't raised well and need to be taught.

Yep, I'm short... nowhere near 6 ft!!!
:)

#18 Mermaid Lady

Mermaid Lady

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,616 posts
  • Board Status:Looking for freedive-friendly trips
  • Cert Level:Advanced, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~180

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:50 AM

This happened a few years ago at my current job.

A co worker had just gotten married and one of the (former, thankfully) supervisors was talking to her and said. "Well you're 'officially' a grown up now", and then "Once you have kids then you'll really be 'official'". I didn't want to say anything because I was new, and he was in a position of authority; but jeez I was highly offended, to say the least.

This kind of mindset is precisely why I remain a weekend commuter (I live in Houston) and refuse to live anywhere in the vicinity of the plant.

Edited by Mermaid Lady, 28 August 2012 - 10:53 AM.

Cheers,
Teresa,
The original
Mermaid Lady
Bass player for the band formerly known as Opulent.

"'
I'm only wearing black until they come out with something darker..."

#19 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:21

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:01 AM

I cant use the HOV lane. So far this is tghe only disadvantage.

#20 Lloyd Christmas

Lloyd Christmas

Getting started

• Pip
  • 33 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:21

Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:05 AM

Very occasionally, I think that it would be nice to have company when tackling the tough times in life

I can agree on this one! Most of the time I can do everything myself. The only time I get frustrated is when something comes up that I just can't manage on my own physical strength. Then I have to call a neighbor or brother in law...I hate asking for help!! :taz:

I don't have really any drama in my life, so mentally if I need a shoulder I just call a friend! LOL Thank goodness for my friends! :D

I think the opposite...with the ex, came the drama and the difficult times. I would rather handle tough times on my own then be disappointed by anothers inabilty to cope....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users