• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

New and looking for a buddy @ Wakatobi

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 El Callado

El Callado

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 01 June 2012 - 04:27 PM

Hello there,

I've been quiet on this forum although I started subscribing around Christmas last year (hence my pseudo; maybe I should change this nickname).

I'm a French astronomer (and gastronomer) and have been living in Hawaii for almost 4 years. I was looking for a more exotic destination and decided that while in the Pacific I should ty to go a bit further west; I booked a 10-day trip to Wakatobi (which is supposed to be a wonderful place for macro photo), September 12 to 22. Expect 3 to 5 dives a day...

I am still looking for a buddy to share a room with me; I will be mostly absorbed by thousands of photos to pre-process so I should be a quiet companion (and I don't snore).
I can provide a second dive camera (a small Nikon Coolpix) with Ikelite housing and maybe can lend one of my extra TTL flashes... I'll be shooting with a Canon G12.

If you want to know me better go and have a look at my web site (just a gallery): http://oliviermartin...pic.com/gallery where I posted underwater pics, also surf a a few other topics.

It's a bit late for deciding your vacation in september, but just in case... I will also fly to Bali on the week of Labour Day, to make sure I have some rest and visit the island for a while. No idea yet where I'll go in Bali; I'll do some exploring.

Cheers and bubbles
Olivier.

Attached Thumbnails

• Maldives-Feb08.jpg

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:01 AM

Actually Sept is not too late for many people these days!

Martin booked with SingleDivers.com and we have been helping him to find a dive buddy for the week. We also helped him save money on his booking as well and can help you too if you wish to join him!

The good news is if he does not find one of his own...the resort may find one for him (male only of course) or if no one books during that time he may end up with a free single room! :cool1:

However Martin and I have been chatting for sometime now and I think he will be a great dive buddy and roomie! If I weren't already traveling during this time I'd consider rooming with him myself. Wakatobi is a bucket list destination and here is a great chance to experience it with a super nice guy and photog! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 03 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

:welcome: Oliver and glad you came out of the sidelines! Wakatobi is on my bucket list also, but not for a few years. Hopefully you will find a buddy and roomie. Keep checking out the forums and I can't wait to see some of your pictures. Your website has some fabulous ones!!! Happy :diver:

#4 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 05 June 2012 - 03:02 PM

Aloha Martin - I wish I could join you, but I'm waiting on Kamala to post the Lembeh/Bunaken trip in March, and will be adding on a Raja Ampat liveaboard, so the buget has been maxed out. Today, I booked flight July 17, to Maui, to visit & dive with my daughter TXAggieDiver aka Spawn.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users