• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Next class to take

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 26 October 2004 - 04:01 PM

I see too much of it and this month's Dive Training even has an article explaining why an inferior product is a good thing. It's not a good thing and articles like that disgust me.

Walter, I spent a bit of time poking around the dtmag.com site and couldn't find the article you mentioned. Can you help me? Thanks!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#62 SquattingRadishDM

SquattingRadishDM

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Divemaster, Dry Suit....eventually the IDC...then Paradise
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:17 PM

Agency bashing is not a good thing. OTOH, every bad thing said about an agency is not bashing. If you say "Agency A is horrible," that is bashing. If you say, "Agency A doesn't require skill B in their X class and I think that is an unsafe practice," that is not bashing. It is pointing out a legitimate disagreement you have with Agency A and explaining why. I would then have the option of explaining why I thought Agency A shouldn't include skill B in their X class. That is informed debate, not bashing.

Excellent way of looking at it, now I see why they call you Yoda.

Comparisons of agencies are very rare. I can point you to one I wrote a few years ago if you're interested.

That would be very helpful Walter. I'd like to make an informed choice before I go down the Pro route.
The sea does not belong to despots. On its surface iniquitous rights can still be exercised, men can fight there, devour each other there, and transport all terrestrial horrors there. But at thirty feet below its level their power ceases, their influence dies out, their might disappears.
Ah, sir, live in the bosom of the waters! There alone is independence. There I recognise no masters! There I am free.
Jules Verne. 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

#63 chinacat46

chinacat46

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:28 PM

I'd like to read it as well.

#64 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:57 PM

Walter

Ditto for me on the article in Dive Training, I could not find it either, but I only looked on line.

Linda
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#65 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 26 October 2004 - 05:59 PM

Jamie and Linda,

It starts on page 32 of the November issue. How Did We Get Here?: A Short History of Diver Training.

The article doesn't appear to be on the weebsite, although there are references to it, it is the cover article.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users