• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2012-10: ROATAN Bug Repellant Donations for Marine Park

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Ok, Gang,
The owner of Blue Ocean aka Bill Williams is donating 16 bottles to our group.I will be bring them with me.Unfortunately that is all he offered.For those that are interested, I request you let me know ,so I can reserve a bottle for you.He did mention there should be more of the product at the Resort & or a Local store.In the conversation he mentioned that 20-25% of his revenue goes to the Marine park there.In exchange for his product he has asked me to ask you if you would make a donation to the Marine Park Reef Preserve there in Roatan. The normal cost of the product is $5.00.If you want to donate more or less that is up to you.I think we would all agree .Its rare today you find a person wanting to help our Oceans .I told him we wouldn't let him down.Below is the link for information on the Reef .And the video again...http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded<br clear="all">
http://blueocean-eco.com/community/ Along the tabs of the site are testimonials of the product.I hope we can make a difference and add to the cause..
Thank you..
Greg...

Edited by Greg@ihpil, 06 October 2012 - 06:49 AM.

Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#2 globefish

globefish

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water/Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:70

Posted 03 October 2012 - 04:31 PM

Ok, Gang,
The owner of Blue Ocean aka Bill Williams is donating 12 bottles to our group.I will be bring them with me.Unfortunately that is all he offered.For those that are interested, I request you let me know ,so I can reserve a bottle for you.He did mention there should be more of the product at the Resort & or a Local store.In the conversation he mentioned that 20-25% of his revenue goes to the Marine park there.In exchange for his product he has asked me to ask you if you would make a donation to the Marine Park Reef Preserve there in Roatan. The normal cost of the product is $5.00.If you want to donate more or less that is up to you.I think we would all agree .Its rare today you find a person wanting to help our Oceans .I told him we wouldn't let him down.Below is the link for information on the Reef .And the video again...http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded<br clear="all">
http://blueocean-eco.com/community/ Along the tabs of the site are testimonials of the product.I hope we can make a difference and add to the cause..
Thank you..
Greg...

Please reserve me a bottle. I will make a donation to the Marine Park.

Globefish

#3 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 05:05 PM

Joann ,Thank you ..Got you down for 1 bottle...

Ok, Gang,
The owner of Blue Ocean aka Bill Williams is donating 12 bottles to our group.I will be bring them with me.Unfortunately that is all he offered.For those that are interested, I request you let me know ,so I can reserve a bottle for you.He did mention there should be more of the product at the Resort & or a Local store.In the conversation he mentioned that 20-25% of his revenue goes to the Marine park there.In exchange for his product he has asked me to ask you if you would make a donation to the Marine Park Reef Preserve there in Roatan. The normal cost of the product is $5.00.If you want to donate more or less that is up to you.I think we would all agree .Its rare today you find a person wanting to help our Oceans .I told him we wouldn't let him down.Below is the link for information on the Reef .And the video again...http://www.youtube.c...player_embedded<br clear="all">
Thank you..
Greg...

Please reserve me a bottle. I will make a donation to the Marine Park.

Globefish

Greg

#4 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Board Status:Trying to figure out my next trip...
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Solo Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, Deep
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:56 PM

Ok, Gang,
Thank you..
Greg...

For the donations, I'm assuming we just hit up the Roatan Marine Park site and send them the amount we wish to donate correct?
Just wanted to make sure we shouldn't mark the donations a certain way. I plan on donating to this great cause.

#5 InfoSecDVR

InfoSecDVR

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:00 PM

[quote name='Greg@ihpil' timestamp='1349299564' post='303346']

Ok, Gang,
Thank you..
Greg...

[/quoteGreg, thanks for this update. I usually make a donation to the local parks/preserves where i dive and plan to do so in Roatan. If you still have a bottle I would like to try it out. Thanks.
Randy

I don't care what you do for a living, I don't care what kind of car you drive.....
What I want to know right now is what do you believe in?
What does it mean to you to be alive?
-DH

#6 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:27 PM

Mike,I'm am trying to get a answer or clarification from Bill on that..I'll let you all know

Ok, Gang,
Thank you..
Greg...

For the donations, I'm assuming we just hit up the Roatan Marine Park site and send them the amount we wish to donate correct?
Just wanted to make sure we shouldn't mark the donations a certain way. I plan on donating to this great cause.

Greg

#7 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 07:29 PM

[

Ok, Gang,
Thank you..
Greg...

[/quoteGreg, thanks for this update. I usually make a donation to the local parks/preserves where i dive and plan to do so in Roatan. If you still have a bottle I would like to try it out. Thanks.
Randy
Thank you Randy,I put you down on my list..

[/quote]
Greg

#8 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:01 PM

I will take one and share it and make a Donation, thanks

#9 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 03 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Greg, thanks I would like a bottle also and will make a donation to the Marine Park!!!!!

Kathy

#10 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 05:05 AM

Greg, thanks I would like a bottle also and will make a donation to the Marine Park!!!!!

Kathy

Ok,Posted ImageI have you down for 1 bottle each ,Kathy & Sonny....Thank you...
Greg

#11 ScubaTGM

ScubaTGM

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, PADI Enriched Air
  • Logged Dives:180 +

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:09 AM

Ok, Gang,
Thank you..
Greg...

Greg,
I appreciate your organizing this. Please reserve a bottle for me which I will be happy to share, and I will definitely make a contribution as well. Thanks!
Tom

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

HOW IT WORKS:

Hey Gang...the way this works is the price you pay for the awesome product (or any amount you wish to donate) will All go to the charity because the manufacturer GAVE us 12 bottles for FREE. We could use them any way we like but Greg and I thought we should "sell them" and take all the proceeds from the sale aka $5 a bottle and give that to the charity AND anything else we wanted to donate. So if everyone bought a bottle @ $5 then we have $60 for the charity. If we get $10 a bottle we get $120 for the charity and so on.

Now the idea is NOT to force someone to pay more for the bottle of product...we do want to get the full price of $5 a bottle BUT we want people to add a donation to it as well. This allows us to have fun with the donations but ensure we sell all 12 bottles so the product gets out in the market so the manufacturer gets the exposure he needs for his product AND we have a fun way to raise money for a great cause!

So I want a bottle myself and I will add $25 donation so $30 total for the cause. Anyone want to match me?

And if you can't... we UNDERSTAND!!! The idea is not to force someone to pay $$$ for the product but rather the full $5 and then donate any amt they can in addition to it. And if you can't right now...that is fine...we are getting $5 already just from the purchase!

*Greg is collecting the money in Roatan for your product and donation where he and I and anyone else who wants to join us... will give it to the charity directly when we are there. He has the product and will give it to you in Roatan to save on shipping. :cool1: and :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:21 AM

Product Sales/Donations and Add'l Donations to Date:

1. Greg 1 bottle $5
2. Mike 1 bottle $5
3. Kathy 1 bottle $5
4. Tom 1 bottle $5
5. Randy 1 bottle $5
6. Sonny 1 bottle $5
7. Kamala 1 bottle $5 + $25 extra donation + $30 total donation

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#14 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:17 PM

Tom,
I have you down for a bottle.I'm glad to help..The $ will be going to the reef fund.& extra to the charity.

Ok, Gang,
Thank you..
Greg...

Greg,
I appreciate your organizing this. Please reserve a bottle for me which I will be happy to share, and I will definitely make a contribution as well. Thanks!
Tom

Edited by Greg@ihpil, 04 October 2012 - 04:18 PM.

Greg

#15 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 04:19 PM

Product Sales and Donations to Date: