• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2014: TIME TO THINK ABOUT WHERE TO GO!!!

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

Whalesharks cool!

Wanna see these guys....then we need to do Holbox again! They are GUARANTEED!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:18 AM

Best of Mexico, whaleshark trip would be a definite for me, I would literally want to start packing my bags now!

RED SEA:
We've done the Red Sea twice...and it was amazing! I could do it again once the politics are more favorable.

GRENADA & GRENADINES:

We've not been there in a number of years. We could consider doing this again if we had enough people interested.

MONA:

No one has picked up the itinerary full time. One vessel will sometimes offer it but while they like most singledivers.com members...they don't particularly care for me. So while I can accept all the risk to fill a boat...I'm not welcome...at least not as of March last year. I'll see them at BTS so can check again to see if they will allow me to run AND join the trip and if they are still doing Mona.

BELIZE FOR WHALESHARKS:

Whalesharks are NEVER gauranteed except for on our Best of Mexico trip. That trip will be high on the consideration list for 2014 as we usually alternate it every two years. We can certainly try to see them in Belize and I need to some legwork on when the best time to go is etc. The window is fairly short for whalehark season and fills fairly fast. Glover's reef is beautiful though so if we have lots of people interested then I'm game.

GREAT BARRIER REEF:

Most remaining boats that are not backpacking camping at sea options hold 24-36 pax. That is a lot of divers and usually more than most people want to be on one boat with. When we went we used a boat that only held 16 pax and it was great. Sadly they sold the boat and all remaining options require a lot of people to be on them. Posted Image However if we had 24 people interested I would consider it. I can always book you and few peeps to the Great Barrier reef privately... just let us know.

Edited by jesterdiver, 06 April 2013 - 11:20 AM.

#48 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Sounds good. The ONLY months we can do BOMexico is June, July and August which is when the whalesharks are in season!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#49 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:18 PM

Best of Mexico, whaleshark trip would be a definite for me, I would literally want to start packing my bags now!

RED SEA:
We've done the Red Sea twice...and it was amazing! I could do it again once the politics are more favorable.

GRENADA & GRENADINES:

We've not been there in a number of years. We could consider doing this again if we had enough people interested.

MONA:

No one has picked up the itinerary full time. One vessel will sometimes offer it but while they like most singledivers.com members...they don't particularly care for me. So while I can accept all the risk to fill a boat...I'm not welcome...at least not as of March last year. I'll see them at BTS so can check again to see if they will allow me to run AND join the trip and if they are still doing Mona.

BELIZE FOR WHALESHARKS:

Whalesharks are NEVER gauranteed except for on our Best of Mexico trip. That trip will be high on the consideration list for 2014 as we usually alternate it every two years. We can certainly try to see them in Belize and I need to some legwork on when the best time to go is etc. The window is fairly short for whalehark season and fills fairly fast. Glover's reef is beautiful though so if we have lots of people interested then I'm game.

GREAT BARRIER REEF:

Most remaining boats that are not backpacking camping at sea options hold 24-36 pax. That is a lot of divers and usually more than most people want to be on one boat with. When we went we used a boat that only held 16 pax and it was great. Sadly they sold the boat and all remaining options require a lot of people to be on them. Posted Image However if we had 24 people interested I would consider it. I can always book you and few peeps to the Great Barrier reef privately... just let us know.

Jose, you & I might as well become roommates, permanently, the way our schedules are lining up! :lmao:/>

Could be trouble brewin'...:evilgrin:/>

#50 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:48 PM

Great, all be it slightly dysfunctional minds think alike :wacko:/>/>. Let's just let WW decide our itineraries for the next couple of years, or until we embarrass her and wear out our welcome....then we'll tag along anyway :cool1:/>/>. I saw you looking at Fiji too brother!

#51 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 01:59 PM

Count me in as a definite! Holiday weeks work best for me, but honestly I won't miss it no matter when it is. Did you get my message about the package? :helpsmily:/>

Sounds good. The ONLY months we can do BOMexico is June, July and August which is when the whalesharks are in season!

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:14 AM

Thanks for the input AND the vote of confidence too!

Been REALLY behind but playing catch up today! Will get you the addy for the box... :thankyou: and will get you all on the planning lists.

formerly...

#53 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 08 April 2013 - 12:57 PM

Has anyone been diving around the Coiba National Park (west coast of Panama)? There are a few dive operators nearby on the main land near the park, but it sounds like the daily boat rides to the dive sites are time consuming. Here's a liveaboard option: http://www.coibadive....com/web/coiba/

Fly into Panama City, Republic of Panama (airport code PTY), then the boat price includes the 3 1/2 bus ride from Panama City (& return) to the west coast to board the boat near the port of Puerto Mutis. Remember that the more challenging the transit, usually means fewer divers and better diving. Optimism? maybe, but it works for Dominica!

The before & after dive trip tourism options in Panama can be quite fun; currency is the US dollar; English widely spoken; etc. Other local dive options are available in Panama, including diving in a side section of the Panama Canal (murky & chilly). I've been to Panama several times, but no time yet to visit Coiba.

Just another idea.

Edited by Resqdew, 08 April 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#54 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

Has anyone been diving around the Coiba National Park (west coast ofPanama)? There are a few dive operators nearby on the mainland near the park,but it sounds like the daily boat rides to the dive sites are time consuming.Here's a liveaboard option: http://www.coibadive....com/web/coiba/

Fly into Panama City, Republic of Panama (airport code PTY), then the boatprice includes the 3 1/2 bus ride from Panama City (& return) to the west coast toboard the boat near the port of Puerto Mutis. Remember that the morechallenging the transit, usually means fewer divers and better diving. Optimism? maybe, but it works for Dominica!

The before & after dive trip tourism options in Panama can be quite fun;currency is the US dollar; English widely spoken; etc. Other local dive optionsare available in Panama, including diving in a side section of the Panama Canal(murky & chilly). I've been to Panama several times, but no time yet to visit Coiba.

Just another idea.

That is an interesting idea! And, they also dive COCOS (for less than anyone else I can find) - maybe WW can work a deal for Coiba one year and Cocos the next?!

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#55 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:42 PM

Has anyone been diving around the Coiba National Park (west coast ofPanama)? There are a few dive operators nearby on the mainland near the park,but it sounds like the daily boat rides to the dive sites are time consuming.Here's a liveaboard option: http://www.coibadive....com/web/coiba/

Fly into Panama City, Republic of Panama (airport code PTY), then the boatprice includes the 3 1/2 bus ride from Panama City (& return) to the west coast toboard the boat near the port of Puerto Mutis. Remember that the morechallenging the transit, usually means fewer divers and better diving. Optimism? maybe, but it works for Dominica!

The before & after dive trip tourism options in Panama can be quite fun;currency is the US dollar; English widely spoken; etc. Other local dive optionsare available in Panama, including diving in a side section of the Panama Canal(murky & chilly). I've been to Panama several times, but no time yet to visit Coiba.

Just another idea.

That is an interesting idea! And, they also dive COCOS (for less than anyone else I can find) - maybe WW can work a deal for Coiba one year and Cocos the next?!

I would definitely consider Panama, depending on when the trip fell. Traci, I had no idea that there were operators out of Panama that went to Cocos. :thankyou:/>

I would actually consider doing both, back to back, if it made sense.

Again, gracias.

#56 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

From their website:

We offer this expedition (Cocos) in 11- day and 13-day options. The 11-day version offers six dive days in Cocos Island while the 13-day version includes two days diving at Coiba Naitonal Park.Posted Image BUT - I don't see it offered in 2013 or 2014 and 2015 doesn't have trips posted. They do show COCOS and MALPELO Combo Trip 17 days - 7 dive days Cocos, 5 dive days Malpelo in 2014; but that's 17 days, not 13. Dunno - something that could be researched tho...
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#57 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

I have certainly been looking at Coiba, Mapelo, Cocos and others parts of that part of the world. I can *always* use help in research ...so far we have a good start. :respect:

I have also been looking at some landbased Columbia... stay tuned!

formerly...

#58 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

OK, then!!! :thankyou:/>

#59 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:27 AM

I have certainly been looking at Coiba, Mapelo, Cocos and others parts of that part of the world. I can *always* use help in research ...so far we have a good start. Posted Image

I'm your huckleberry! Posted Image
Sorry, Buzo Guero - had to steal your line....Posted Image

#60 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:34 PM

I have certainly been looking at Coiba, Mapelo, Cocos and others parts of that part of the world. I can *always* use help in research ...so far we have a good start. Posted Image

I'm your huckleberry! Posted Image
Sorry, Buzo Guero - had to steal your line....Posted Image

Hey, Traci! Can't say I've been around long enough to claim it!!! Maybe in a previous life...:teeth:/>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users