• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY: 2013-07: July 20-27 Summer diving in FLORIDA!!!

• Please log in to reply
74 replies to this topic

#61 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

I would like to dive South Fla. especially some of the parts you've named that are new to me (NOT Pennekamp for instance nor the deeper wrecks, but other things I am open to); and I don't know if I could do the 8-day, but wondering if there is still room for one more? My mom lives is Ft. Lauderdale (northern end) so I could easily join up....not quite a local, but hey. I could stay with her and drive or join the group....Also the July dates could work for me..... please add me to the interested list.
thanks!
S
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#62 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:57 PM

I would like to dive South Fla. especially some of the parts you've named that are new to me (NOT Pennekamp for instance nor the deeper wrecks, but other things I am open to); and I don't know if I could do the 8-day, but wondering if there is still room for one more? My mom lives is Ft. Lauderdale (northern end) so I could easily join up....not quite a local, but hey. I could stay with her and drive or join the group....Also the July dates could work for me..... please add me to the interested list.
thanks!
S

Hello Susi aka Susiq, you are on the list! Hope we can make it work for you. :respect: And you are right, there are some great drift dives off WPB and Jupiter that I look forward to experiencing again. :diver: Ask Gabrielle aka sunshinediver about our dive on Turtle Grand Central! :cool1:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#63 galngotham

galngotham

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

This might work nicely for me! I have a sales meeting, most likely in Delray Beach from 7/15-7/18 so that week would work.
Please keep me informed!

#64 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 11 May 2013 - 01:34 PM

This might work nicely for me! I have a sales meeting, most likely in Delray Beach from 7/15-7/18 so that week would work.
Please keep me informed!

Carol aka galngotham I will add you to the notify list for when this trip opens for booking (should really be any day now). Hope you can join us; certainly your schedule screams synchronicity! :cool1: (Or was that just the wind between my ears?) :o
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#65 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:44 PM

Thanks, Brad. Kamala and I spoke today and we have just about all the details ready to post. You are going to LOVE this trip! We'll do some shipwrecks, drift dives, and see LOTS of enormous sea life including many turtles and sharks. Diving in the Jupiter and West Palm area has never disappointed me. I can't wait to share some of the coolest places to dive there. Stay tuned...Kamala will be posting soon, and we know the trip will sell out. :cheerleader:/>

#66 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 21 May 2013 - 12:23 AM

SunshineDiver has done a tremendous job in helping me to set up a very fun, different and SPECIAL Florida experience... and not just your typical "Keys" trip. :teeth:

We'll dive the Delray Beach and Boynton area, as well as Jupiter and the famous Blue Heron Bridge.

Stay tuned...this trip will be opened soon! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#67 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:15 AM

Hey gang...time to wake this trip up! ;)/>/>

Here is the final itinerary and the ballpark pricing. Dive Ops and Hotels are locked in and contracted for but I'm still with the help of Sunshine Diver negotiating the final pricing of tanks, lead, equipment rental if anyone needs it. So lets get the party going....

Itinerary:
20 July - arrive in South Florida. Check in at DoubleTree by Hilton Deerfield Beach-Boca Raton, 100 Fairway Drive, Deerfield Beach, Florida 33441, (866) 629-9282 http://doubletreehot...fieldbeach.com. Not only will we be treated to DoubleTree cookies, but we will also enjoy a fabulous $17 full breakfast buffet (up to two breakfasts per room). There is also free WiFi, free parking and free shuttle service among other amenities all which have been negotiated by our lovely co-Trip coordinator Ms. Gabrielle aka Sunshine Diver.
If you arrive early and would like to dive that day, consider some shore diving at Deerfield Beach Ledges http://www.shoredivi...edges/index.htm
or check out any local attractions: http://doubletreehot...ch-local-guide/

21 July
- 2-tank morning dive (8am) with Starfish Enterprise http://www.idivestarfish.com We'll figure out where we will dive based upon the group going any training we are providing.

The afternoon will be shore diving at Blue Heron Bridge (a macro lover's dream with seahorses, pipefish, decorator crabs, batfish, and other rare and exotic species of sea life, all in a relatively small area and all at depths less than 24 feet). Bring a dive flag if you have one (we will have some, too) since diving with a flag is required in navigable waters in Florida.

22 July
- 3-tank morning dive (9am) with Starfish Enterprise then optional afternoon excursion. Let us know what on the list interests you: http://doubletreehot...ch-local-guide. And if the tides permit...I'll be doing more diving at the world famous Blue Heron Bridge!

23 July - 3-tank dive morning dive (9am) with Starfish Enterprise (Again boat choice of sites combined with needs for training if any.)

Tentatively this will be a free afternoon to get ready to head to our next diving venue. However if tides permit...I may sneak back over to the World Famous Blue Heron Bridge!!!

24 July - Check out of hotel and head north to check in to hotel at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, 4431 PGA Boulevard Palm Beach Gardens , Florida 33410, (561) 622-2260 http://www.doubletre...eachgardens.com . We will have the same excellent amenities as at the previous hotel since they are sister properties, including free WiFi, free parking, included hot buffet breakfast, and more (thanks to our uber talented co-Trip Leader SunshineDiver for negotiating so many bennies at a top rated hotel!!

Then we'll do a 3-tank afternoon and night dive (3:30pm) with Emerald Charters http://emeraldcharters.com, Blowing Rocks Marina, 18487 S.E. Federal Highway, Jupiter, FL 33469. Note: to save time, please complete the boat waiver in advance: http://emeraldcharte...rks Emerald.htm Please send a copy to trips@singledivers.com so we can help ensure your docs are rec'd inhouse and we can 'jump start' the second half of our trip!

25 July - 3-tank afternoon and night dive (3:30pm) with Emerald Charters

26 July - 3-tank morning dive (8am) with Emerald Charters then optional afternoon excursion or just chill at the hotel. Let us know what on the list interests you most! http://www.doubletre...cal-attractions

27 July - check out from hotel and head home with some fabulous memories and even better pictures! :teeth:/>/>

PRICING:

So it looks like we will be at $1075 double occupancy or $1575 single occupancy

We'll be offering a $50 member discount and $100 early payment in full discount plus an add'l $100 off a single room during the early booking period if paid in full.

INCLUDED:
  • 7 nites hotel at beautiful DoubleTree Hotel in Deerfield/Boca Raton Beach and Palm Beach Gardens
  • FULL Delicious Breakfast Buffet Daily $17 value per person daily or $119 for the week (thanks to SunshineDiver)
  • Gourmet Lunch each day of diving with Emerald Charters (thanks to SunshineDiver) - Let us know if you desire a vegetarian option or have other dietary requirements
  • FREE DoubleTree famous chocolate chip cookies throughout the week
  • 6 days of diving to include 18 scheduled dives on Starfish, Emerald Charters and 1 afternoon at Blue Heron Bridge (Maybe more)
  • Tanks for (1)BHB (Blue Heron Bridge) scheduled dive
  • Other perks we are still working out!
NOT INCLUDED:
  • Transfers to/from airport to hotel nor from hotel to hotel. (We'll help with car pooling and/or rental cars if needed. Let us know if you can drive or need a ride.)
  • Rental Car expenses or gas for car pooling with other members
  • Meals other than breakfast and Gourmet Lunch with Emerald Charters (We'll plan a cook out for one night if people are interested ESPECIALLY SINCE ITS LOBSTER SEASON or just enjoy the fabulous eating venues in fabulous South Florida)
  • Rental Gear (Typically about $$$ per day)..... TBD
  • Lead (Typically $10 per day BUT OUR PRICE IS $10 for the WEEK. Let us know and we'll arrange. Any extra lead you have and can bring is welcome!)
  • Tank RENTAL Nitrox: $252 for the trip
  • Tank FILLS $TBA (The dive op will handle all tanks if we rent them but if you wish fills for your own tanks you can certainly arrange to get them filled and ready to dive the next day. Due to the logistics we don't recommend this option as fills are about the same as rentals.)
  • Dive Instruction and Dive Tips

OPTIONAL:
  • Nitrox Class $ TBA (you can do online via our corporate partner and then do the practicum in Florida on the trip i.e. how to anaylize your tank, use various nitrox analyizers, fill out the forms, etc.)
  • AOW - $ TBA SunshineDiver has agreed to teach an AOW class if you basically have the skills and just need the card. Let us know and we'll get you set up.

Let us know if you are still interested! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#68 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:35 AM

I have flights booked am in. I will need tanks however. And having a 9:00 am flight out on Saturday, I'm not sure I can do a 3 tank boat on Friday.

Edited by georoc01, 27 May 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#69 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:42 PM

George the 3 tank is the same price as a 2 tank so you'll be in the 18+ window. I know Sunshine Diver set it up very early for the fly outs.

And if not I'm sure some of our locals would love a day of diving...so we'll see how that will flesh out.

formerly...

#70 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

Why Florida?
South Florida diving offers some of the most biologically diverse diving in the world, and it is full of large sea life including plenty of turtles (on any given dive, you will see Green, Leatherback, AND Loggerhead turtles), abundant fish, as well as lots of sharks. Macro lovers will also enjoy diving in the area. We will enjoy a variety of dives including reefs, shipwrecks, night dives, drift dives, and shore dives. Scuba Diving Magazine rated Southeast Florida top ten in "World's best wreck diving, marine life, and value destination". Reefs are teaming with the same tropical fish species seen throughout the Caribbean. There are also larger pelagic species that migrate and different times of the year. Because of the close proximity of the Gulf Stream, Southeast Florida reefs are known for warm water with excellent visibility and lots of BIG sea life year round. There are also over 100 shipwrecks in all depth ranges. The reef system begins less than 1/4 mile offshore, so this also means considerably shorter boat rides than other places.

formerly...

#71 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:30 AM

PRICING UPDATE #1:

We now have gourmet lunches included in this price for the days aboard Emerald Charters! And according to SunshineDiver they REALLY REALLY REALLY are GOURMET AND DELICIOUS!!!

Working on a few more perks... kamala

IMPORTANT PRICING UPDATE #2:

WORKING ON GETTING A HUGE PRICE BREAK ON NITROX since we have required it as part of the trip.

formerly...

#72 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

Logger Head Turtles galore this area Florida. I happen to be diving this week WPB - FLL. Sunday and Memorial Day saw no less than 15 of these guys.

MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:38 PM

Its LOBSTER SEASON!!!

Who wants to join in for the catch! (Yes pun intended!!!)

Here are the details. There are non-resident passes as well as Florida annual or 5-year licenses:
http://myfwc.com/lic...ltwater-fishing

formerly...

#74 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:27 AM

AIRPORT AND FLYING INFO:

We suggest you leave on Sunday July 28th as flights are cheaper and you can dive all day Friday and still have a full day off for offgassing.

Suggested airports are PBI Palm Beach International and FLL Ft Lauderdale. Of course you can fly into MIA if you like but the other two will be closer. Let us know which airport and we'll help with car pooling and/or shared rentals.

formerly...

#75 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Here is the final itinerary and the REVISED pricing. Dive Ops and Hotels are locked in and contracted for and with the help of Sunshine Diver negotiating the final pricing of tanks, lead, equipment rental if anyone needs it. So lets get the party going....

Itinerary:
20 July - arrive in South Florida. Check in at DoubleTree by Hilton Deerfield Beach-Boca Raton, 100 Fairway Drive, Deerfield Beach, Florida 33441, (866) 629-9282 HERE. Not only will we be treated to DoubleTree cookies, but we will also enjoy a fabulous $17 full breakfast buffet (up to two breakfasts per room). There is also free WiFi, free parking and free shuttle service among other amenities all which have been negotiated by our lovely co-Trip coordinator Ms. Gabrielle aka SunshineDiver.
If you arrive early and would like to dive that day, consider some shore diving at Deerfield Beach Ledges HERE.
or check out any local attractions HERE.

21 July
- 2-tank morning dive (8am) with Starfish Enterprise http://www.idivestarfish.com We'll figure out where we will dive based upon the group going any training we are providing.

The afternoon will be shore diving at Blue Heron Bridge (a macro lover's dream with seahorses, pipefish, decorator crabs, batfish, and other rare and exotic species of sea life, all in a relatively small area and all at depths less than 24 feet). Bring a dive flag if you have one (we will have some, too) since diving with a flag is required in navigable waters in Florida.

22 July
- 3-tank morning dive (9am) with Starfish Enterprise then optional afternoon excursion. Let us know what on the list interests you HERE. And if the tides permit...I'll be doing more diving at the world famous Blue Heron Bridge!

23 July - 3-tank dive morning dive (9am) with Starfish Enterprise (Again boat choice of sites combined with needs for training if any.)

Tentatively this will be a free afternoon to get ready to head to our next diving venue. However if tides permit...I may sneak back over to the World Famous Blue Heron Bridge!!!

24 July - Check out of hotel and head north to check in to hotel at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Executive Meeting Center, 4431 PGA Boulevard Palm Beach Gardens , Florida 33410, (561) 622-2260 HERE. We will have the same excellent amenities as at the previous hotel since they are sister properties, including free WiFi, free parking, included hot buffet breakfast, and more (thanks to our uber talented co-Trip Leader SunshineDiver for negotiating so many bennies at a top rated hotel!!)

Then we'll do a 3-tank afternoon and night dive (3:30pm) with Emerald Charters HERE , Blowing Rocks Marina, 18487 S.E. Federal Highway, Jupiter, FL 33469. Note: to save time, please complete the boat waiver in advance: HERE Please send a copy to trips@singledivers.com so we can help ensure your docs are rec'd inhouse and we can 'jump start' the second half of our trip!

25 July - 3-tank afternoon and night dive (3:30pm) with Emerald Charters

26 July - 3-tank morning dive (8am) with Emerald Charters then optional afternoon excursion or just chill at the hotel. Let us know what on the list interests you most! HERE!

27 July - check out from hotel and head home with some fabulous memories and even better pictures! :teeth:

PRICING:

So it looks like we will be at $1075 double occupancy or $1575 single occupancy

We'll be offering a $50 member discount and $100 early payment in full discount plus an add'l $50 off a single room during the early booking period if paid in full by June 6th, 2013

INCLUDED:
  • 7 nites hotel at beautiful DoubleTree Hotel in Deerfield/Boca Raton Beach and Palm Beach Gardens
  • FULL Delicious Breakfast Buffet Daily $17 value per person daily or $119 for the week (thanks to SunshineDiver)
  • Gourmet Lunch each day of diving with Emerald Charters (thanks to SunshineDiver) - Let us know if you desire a vegetarian option or have other dietary requirements
  • FREE DoubleTree famous chocolate chip cookies throughout the week
  • 6 days of diving to include 18 scheduled dives on Starfish, Emerald Charters and 1 afternoon at Blue Heron Bridge (Maybe more)
  • Tanks for (1)BHB (Blue Heron Bridge) scheduled dive
  • Other perks we are still working out!
NOT INCLUDED:
  • Transfers to/from airport to hotel nor from hotel to hotel. (We'll help with car pooling and/or rental cars if needed. Let us know if you can drive or need a ride.)
  • Rental Car expenses or gas for car pooling with other members
  • Meals other than breakfast and Gourmet Lunch with Emerald Charters (We'll plan a cook out for one night if people are interested ESPECIALLY SINCE ITS LOBSTER SEASON or just enjoy the fabulous eating venues in fabulous South Florida)
  • Rental Gear (Typically about $$$ per day)..... TBD
  • Lead (Typically $10 per day BUT OUR PRICE IS $10 for the WEEK. Let us know and we'll arrange. Any extra lead you have and can bring is welcome!)
  • Tank RENTAL Nitrox: $252 for the trip
  • Tank FILLS $TBA (The dive op will handle all tanks if we rent them but if you wish fills for your own tanks we can certainly arrange to get them filled and ready to dive the next day but you'll have to drop them off and pick them back up. Due to the logistics we don't recommend this option as fills are about the same as rentals.)
  • Dive Instruction and Dive Tips

OPTIONAL:
  • Nitrox Class $ TBA (you can do online via our corporate partner and then do the practicum in Florida on the trip i.e. how to anaylize your tank, use various nitrox analyizers, fill out the forms, etc.)
  • AOW - $ TBA SunshineDiver has agreed to teach an AOW class if you basically have the skills and just need the card. Let us know and we'll get you set up.

Let us know if you are still interested! :thankyou:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users