• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Trinidad and Tobago

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Andrea

Andrea

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:I just got my open water cert-I'm a complete newbie and can't wait to get started!
  • Logged Dives:15-trying to get this count higher! :)

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:31 AM

Hey guys! I'm heading on a dive vacay to Tobago in February. Have any of you been there and have any comments/suggestions?

Thanks!

Andrea
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" HK

#2 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:35 AM

Andrea, A few years ago I dived Tobago for about 10 days in 2 different areas. CrownPoint area by CP airport has the fastest drift dive I have been on and also some gentlier dives. I stayed 2 nights this area in a guesthouse a short walk from dive op, this was during Thanksgiving day- 1st week in December. I then transitioned over to Speyside village where I met a group on Denver divers at The Manta Lodge. This area also drift diving but a lot slower. Diving was ok, some neat animals and formations. Rained pretty good while I was there. Tobago has lots of mountains and rain forest, lot's of birders enjoyed the trip along with divers.

Are planning a solo trip or with a group of people? What kind of details are you wondering about?
Stan
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#3 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,121 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hi Andrea - although I have not yet had the pleasure of diving T&T, I am sure many of our members, like Stan aka scubaski, have and hopefully will chime in as he has to help out with questions you may have about the destination as well as the diving. :diver:

Seems I recall you should have recently returned home after a trip to the Keys. Your dive count remains at 9 with hopes to push higher. :teeth: You can edit the Number of Logged Dives by clicking the down arrow by your user name at the top of the page, click My Settings and on the resulting page above the fields to edit, click the Profile tab. :respect: We like to keep track along with you as your dive experience grows! :cool1:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:59 PM

If you decide to book this (or any other trip) let us help you. We have contracts with Manta lodge as well as other resorts in the area. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 Andrea

Andrea

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:I just got my open water cert-I'm a complete newbie and can't wait to get started!
  • Logged Dives:15-trying to get this count higher! :)

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for replying! I was just wondering where some of the better dive spots were and if anyone had experience with specific dive shops. There is a shop located at the resort I'm staying at but I'd like to see if anyone has recommendations. Right now it is a solo trip-boo, my family has a timeshare so my brother and his wife were going to go with me but they just bought a new house and backed out of the trip. So, if anyone here wants to go it's a free 6 person condo and just me so far! Feb 15-22. PLEASE contact Kamala to help arrange if you are interested in joining me.

Andrea, A few years ago I dived Tobago for about 10 days in 2 different areas. CrownPoint area by CP airport has the fastest drift dive I have been on and also some gentlier dives. I stayed 2 nights this area in a guesthouse a short walk from dive op, this was during Thanksgiving day- 1st week in December. I then transitioned over to Speyside village where I met a group on Denver divers at The Manta Lodge. This area also drift diving but a lot slower. Diving was ok, some neat animals and formations. Rained pretty good while I was there. Tobago has lots of mountains and rain forest, lot's of birders enjoyed the trip along with divers.

Are planning a solo trip or with a group of people? What kind of details are you wondering about?
Stan

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" HK

#6 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 21 December 2012 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for replying! I was just wondering where some of the better dive spots were and if anyone had experience with specific dive shops. There is a shop located at the resort I'm staying at but I'd like to see if anyone has recommendations. Right now it is a solo trip-boo, my family has a timeshare so my brother and his wife were going to go with me but they just bought a new house and backed out of the trip. So, if anyone here wants to go it's a free 6 person condo and just me so far! Feb 15-22. PLEASE contact Kamala to help arrange if you are interested in joining me.

Stan

What 's the resort name? where about on island- village located?
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users