• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Where to go between Tampa & Naples?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ScubaDue

ScubaDue

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced + nitrox-drysuit-night-currents-etc.
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

I will have one day I can do some diving during a business trip between Tampa & Naples. Fly into Tampa Sunday midnight then have entire day before I need to work in Naples on Tuesday morning. What are some of the best sites or dive shop to contact? I've heard of finding fossilized teeth around Venice. Is that very promising or just a fluke to find one? Also how cold is the water that time of year...I assume I'll need a wetsuit but how thick?

#2 joc

joc

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:07 PM

Hi ScubaDue,

If you are talking about this coming Sunday I am not sure this will help but if you mean a later Sunday I highly recommend you get in touch with Jim Joseph at Fantasea Scuba in Port Charlotte. His place is about half way between Tampa and Naples but more to the point, he is the person down here most likely to know who may already plan to dive off Venice when you are in town, and hook you up. If you mean sometime in January, I would probably be interested, as well. If you call Jim, tell him John O'Connor suggested you call him ((941) 627-3888) and, if you are looking to dive after January 3, you can say I would be interested if he gets enough others to make a charter worthwhile.

Yes, you will need a wet suit. I find even my 3mm not quite enough so I add a 3mm vest.

I will have one day I can do some diving during a business trip between Tampa & Naples. Fly into Tampa Sunday midnight then have entire day before I need to work in Naples on Tuesday morning. What are some of the best sites or dive shop to contact? I've heard of finding fossilized teeth around Venice. Is that very promising or just a fluke to find one? Also how cold is the water that time of year...I assume I'll need a wetsuit but how thick?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users