• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

AZ 2013 Happy Hour or HH as we call them PLANNING THREAD

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

AZ Dive Show Info, Details and Discussion HERE.

Discussion on where to have our show Happy Hours below in this thread.

Posted Image/> , Jacqueline!!! I am in AZ, myself. Great to see you, here!!! I joined SD a little under a year ago & just got back from my first trip to San Salvador. It was a BLAST!!! Frankly, you're closer to good diving than I am by about 90 minutes. My nephew, who is also a member of this site, is an instructor at Desert Divers in Tucson. We frequently go to San Carlos to scratch our itch. Hope to cross paths with you some time soon. Meanwhile, settle in, say hello & make some new friends. Everyone is warm & welcoming. There is also plenty in the forums to keep you busy. Maybe you can make the AZ Happy Hour that we're working on getting set up??? Jump right in!

Posted Image/>

Is that the happy hour advertised on the Arizona ScubaDivers Facebook page? In Tucson?

If you are in Tucson, you are as close to the border as I am. I have to drive west to Nogales; you can come straight south on 19. I love Desert Divers!

I'm not certain, as I don't Facebook! :teeth:/>/> We're just in the process of getting the HH set up, now.

I am in the Phoenix area, so, the extra 90 minute drive for me. Where, exactly, are you? My nephew lives in the Star Pass area of Tucson. His screen name is Lorenzo, if you'd care to reach out to him.

Take care.

#2 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,743 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 11 January 2013 - 08:04 AM

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: How about planning a HH in March, maybe the 15, 16th??? I am pretty sure I can get a reasonable flight! :teeth:

#3 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

Posted Image Posted Image How about planning a HH in March, maybe the 15, 16th??? I am pretty sure I can get a reasonable flight! Posted Image

I'm unavailable that weekend, how about March 9th or 30th?

----------------------------------
Planning to attend:

1. Traci aka Sqbagal
2. Tim aka Buzo Guero
3. Kathy aka little mermaid

Might attend:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Jacqueline aka .Jax.
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#4 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:06 AM

I'm available every weekend in March. My younger son is on Spring Break from the 8th to the 17th, so, I just need to work around that, which is no big deal.

#5 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:10 AM

Another AZ diver!! Awesome!! I'm in North Central Phoenix as well but we can certainly find something in the middle for HH. Hey Buz, we can either race or ride together!

Hey, Traci! We'll work around it & see how things fall into place once we get some more feedback from any other local divers who are interested. Once we see where folks are coming from, we can start to figure out where might be the optimal place to meet.

Ridesharing sounds GOOD! :teeth:/>

:dazzler:/>

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

Hey Tim...consider trying to make it somewhere that people can fly in for as well... looks like Kathy aka Little Mermaid is up for the Phoeniz area if that is the venue and I can go wherever its cheap to fly into...

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#7 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:40 AM

We could do something near the airport. Tim, if you want me to help set this up, let me know. I put together meetings and events often so I'm happy to help.
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

We could do something near the airport. Tim, if you want me to help set this up, let me know. I put together meetings and events often so I'm happy to help.

SUWHEET! The gal does this in her sleep! ;)

Seriously... :thankyou: for offering. Tim has a super personality and fun spirit so combined with the same I see in you...AND your uber meeting and event planning skills...AZ will be rocking REALLY SOON! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#9 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:11 PM

OH WW - you flatter me Posted Image

I'm just excited to meet some more AZ divers!! And if you and little mermaid can make it, holy cow!! What a party!

SUWHEET! The gal does this in her sleep! Posted Image

Seriously... Posted Image for offering. Tim has a super personality and fun spirit so combined with the same I see in you...AND your uber meeting and event planning skills...AZ will be rocking REALLY SOON! Posted Image

#10 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,743 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 13 January 2013 - 01:51 PM

:teeth:/> I can make the 9th, I would have to fly in that day. I have a Charity Ski Race on the 8th. Sounds like we should continue on with the planning!!!

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

So far I think I can make it...life has a way of changing rapidly on me but the 9th is penciled in for me as well.

Now the big question of where...I will break this out into a HH Planning thread from Jax's Intro thread...but don't forget to say hello to Jax if you have not! :thankyou:

formerly...

#12 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:45 PM

WW & Little Mermaid,

Will you be flying into PHX? And do you know what times flights are available from your respective cities? And will you be staying over or leaving the same day? If you are flying in and out the same day, we could do something earlier so you can get out that night. I'll PM Tim and see what he thinks, I don't want to hi-jack his party... Posted Image I'm just a planner and my weekends fill up pretty quickly, so the sooner we at least get times and dates the sooner we can work on the rest of the details.

T.

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

Thanks girl...the sign of a "true planner"!!! :respect:

I will look at flights so will Kathy. Since Kathy has family in the area I am guessing she will stay overnight. I typically stay overnight if I can find a couch to crash on.

Now the real question is whether Phoenix is the best city to have the HH in? And if so will our Phoenix members be game for some of the out of towners to be able to 'couch crash' to make it work out?

Not sure where all the new AZ members are from so lets see if we can create a quick list so we cater to the local peeps first! :thankyou:

formerly...

#14 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

When you say, "so lets see if we can create a quick list" - I'm guessing "we" means "you"? I tried to get a list by using advanced filters on the members screen and only came up with seven members in AZ - and neither Tim nor I were among them. I used the location "AZ" and "Arizona" as a filter, but not so much. Can you work your magic and let me know? Once I can get a handle on their locations thru the state, we can decide on an area that's in the "middle-ish" and you may decide to fly into Mesa-Gateway airport instead of Sky Harbor. Thanks!

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:49 AM

Hee! Hee! Sorry about that...how about compiling a list of the peeps in the thread that have identified they are interested in going and we need to add a long standing member Belinda aka Damselfish who I think lives in Tucson. I do not know where you all live including the new gal "Jax" who we started this discussion in her welcome thread.

We'll then have our cyber admins work on a list for invite purposes as well.

Is that a bit more clear? Sorry again about the confusion... k

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users