• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

AZ 2013 Happy Hour or HH as we call them PLANNING THREAD

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 15 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

The 9th works fine for me. Jax is in the Sierra Vista area, so, East of Tucson. I'm thinking that we need to do the SE Valley or Ahwatukee to make it work for those coming from Southern AZ. That would also accommodate those flying into Phoenix. Just my 2 psi.

Anyone is welcome to crash at my place, though my furniture situation is extremely limited. Plenty of floor space!

Take care.

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

Thanks Tim...got any futons or sleeping bags. The floor works great but these old bodies need a little cushion! ;)

As for the logistics...I defer to the planners since I no longer have much grasp over AZ locales anymore!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:24 AM

:cheerleader:/> :cheerleader:/> I am game for any weekend after the 9th also. I will fly into Tucson or wherever. Just let me know.

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Can you do the 9th Kathy?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:50 PM

For those of you looking to fly in, check Phoenix-Mesa Gateway airport (AZA). Frontier flies there from Denver; Allegiant and Spirit have routes there as well. Tiny airport, possibly BIG savings....
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#21 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:15 AM

I can certainly be there :teeth:/>

Can you do the 9th Kathy?

#22 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you!! Looks like the 9th is a GO!!

WW & Little Mermaid - can you check flights and give me an idea of when you'll be arriving and at which airport? Tim and I plan to meet once we have that info to figure out the "where" part. Once we have that nailed down, maybe we can use our nifty new FB page/group to alert the rest of the AZ members, unless you have a way to specifically locate the AZ members on SD.com? Obviously, EVERYONE is invited, but we definitely want to be sure the AZ members know about it...

WooHoo!!
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

Traci I have requested a data pull to get our AZ member list. (Yes very manual and a bit time consuming but hopefully 2013 will smile more technology our way and we'll get this easier to manage as well!)

Just need more uber awesome SD HHP's... SingleDivers.com Happy Hour Planners so we have a reason to get the database more manageable!! :respect:

Sadly it is not something you all can do. Go ahead and get an email ready and we'll blast it out for you! You can post in this thread or email me. :thankyou:

formerly...

#24 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:41 AM

I do have floor cushions, an extra couch, sleeping bags, etc. Could probably get a futon delivered by then. Life is simple right now!

As for the flights in, Mesa-Gateway might be more economical. However, it is my feeling that the place where the HH will be held will probably be closer to Sky Harbor, unless the SE valley makes more sense for those traveling in from other locations further South.

Frankly, anyplace works for me. I have no preference!

:respect:/>

#25 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:28 AM

When you say, "so lets see if we can create a quick list" - I'm guessing "we" means "you"? I tried to get a list by using advanced filters on the members screen and only came up with seven members in AZ - and neither Tim nor I were among them. I used the location "AZ" and "Arizona" as a filter, but not so much. Can you work your magic and let me know? Once I can get a handle on their locations thru the state, we can decide on an area that's in the "middle-ish" and you may decide to fly into Mesa-Gateway airport instead of Sky Harbor. Thanks!

Hi Traci aka Sqbagal,

I think Wenchie means the designated Happy Hour coordinator for each event is asked to maintain a list of members who have committed to attend. For quick reference this list is in the top post of the Happy Hour topic; it also allows other viewers to see who else is going, which often encourages them to join in! :cool2:

I will start the list in the top post, just browse to the top of this topic and you will see it. To add members you can click the small Edit button in the bottom right corner of the starting post window; this will allow changes without endlessly creating new Replies throughout the thread. :teeth:

I have created a list of email addresses for an email "blast" announcing the Happy Hour. Please draft an announcement and I will paste and blast from the Charlies@singledivers.com mailbox.

Thank you :thankyou: for all your help in kicking off this AZ Happy Hour! :wakawaka: Wish I could attend; hope it's a typically great SingleDivers.com event!

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

Ok gang...big snafu on my part...I'll still be in Lembeh the 9th so the ONLY weekend I could *possibly* do it would be the 16th. It will cost me about $500 to come for the weekend however if I route to Dallas first before the Maldives trip then to Houston to catch the Maldives flight then back to Houston after the Maldives and Lembeh trip the 14th of March the back to GSP on the 17 or 18th I can do it for $800 so I'm seeing if I can make all the connections work out.

If its possible to switch to March 16th then I can keep working on this. Sorry for being :blond: with the 9th date.

formerly...

#27 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:34 PM

Sounds like it would be easier for all of us to join you in Lembeh!! Posted Image

I have family in town the 12th-21st, BUT they can keep each other amused while I'm gone a few hours. I can do the 16th if everyone else can....Posted Image

If the 16th doesn't work out, it's not like we can't have another party when you CAN make it - easily and cheaply...

Ok gang...big snafu on my part...I'll still be in Lembeh the 9th so the ONLY weekend I could *possibly* do it would be the 16th. It will cost me about $500 to come for the weekend however if I route to Dallas first before the Maldives trip then to Houston to catch the Maldives flight then back to Houston after the Maldives and Lembeh trip the 14th of March the back to GSP on the 17 or 18th I can do it for $800 so I'm seeing if I can make all the connections work out.

If its possible to switch to March 16th then I can keep working on this. Sorry for being Posted Image with the 9th date.

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:46 PM

Whatever works...just let me know! And you all can do the first one without me and I'll make the 2nd one. Still not sure I can make all those connections work...so maybe we'll leave as the 9th and I'll plan to join the next one! ;)

I KNOW I'll be joining you on at least one! :teeth:

formerly...

#29 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:09 PM

I'm flexible, though my younger son is on Spring Break from the 8th to the 18th. Not planning on going anywhere out of town, so, we should be good to go. Whatever works best for everyone else works for me!

#30 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:10 AM

I am flexible also! Looked into flights, can fly into either airport . Just need to figure out where the HH will be ! :teeth:/>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users