• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013-12: Dec 28-Jan4 NYE in Saba & St Kitts LIVEABOARD

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#226 luvindivn

luvindivn

Getting started

• Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / EAN Night, Deep
  • Logged Dives:210

Posted 17 November 2013 - 07:15 AM

Please take my name off the waiting list for this trip. I will not be able to make the trip after all.

#227 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 17 November 2013 - 10:10 AM

Please take my name off the waiting list for this trip. I will not be able to make the trip after all.

Sorry to have to drop off the wait list, Karen. :tears: I took care of it.
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#228 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

Hey gang...several people have asked if there are any spots on the trip or if anyone needs to release a spot on this trip. I told them I would ask so this is officially my asking.

If for any reason you need to cancel the trip it seems I can fill your spot so please let me know asap via email or pm. Thank you, Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#229 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:241

Posted 19 November 2013 - 06:43 PM

Sorry, I'm already packed ;) Since I'm arriving early I will check out of my hotel on Saturday probably at 11-12noon. What time can I bring my luggage to the boat?Is there a check-in time? I have trouble messaging when I'm on my iPad so I asked hear. No rush.
If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change.

#230 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 11:23 AM

Kim - Usually you can board the boat around 3pm so plan for 3pm.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#231 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 10 December 2013 - 05:17 PM

Payment Update:

1) Gwyn aka gmk: Received your payment of $45.00! :thankyou:/>
(Balance for Nitrox $45)

#232 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 03:45 PM

Reminder:

All EV Apps have been sent to Explorer Ventures, (almost).

EV also requires that you bring your original signed copy with you to the boat. So try to remember it, or they will ask you to fill out a new one. :diver:/> We're almost there!!!

#233 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:42 PM

EXTREMELY IMPORTANT UPDATE:

If your name is in BOLD and/or you are arriving 4pm or LATER we need a scanned copy of your passport ID page to clear customs so we can LEAVE the country on our liveaboard. While customs is at the airport to allow people to arrive into the country...we ALSO have to clear customs as we leave on our floating hotel. Unfortunately that branch of Customs leaves at 4:30pm so anyone arriving at 4pm or later will not be on the boat in time for the Custom's officer's inspection. If we can not leave on Sat and have to wait until Sunday morning we will miss 1-2 dives on Sunday in Saba. Saba in my opinion is the best diving of the two islands so even missing one dive is missing a lot BUT its better than missing 2 dives.

While we can not guarantee that we won't miss any dives we do have a couple of strategies that may help and we may possibly not miss any dives...

1. EVERYONE whose name is bolded below and who is arriving after 4pm, we need you to scan your passport ID page and email it to trips@singledivers.com with your name and trip in the subject line. Punkie will help me organize them and forward them to the boat AS A GROUP. This means we have to wait until everyone gets us their scanned passport. If someone on one of the late arriving flights does not send us the scanned copy then its certain we'll lose at least 2 dives in Saba. Even if we get all of the affected scanned passports we can not guarantee that we won't miss dives but we'll more likely only lose 1 dive vs 2 and if we can "PRE-CLEAR" customs with the passport scans then we may not miss any dives. My guess is our best bet will be losing 1 dive but that is better than 2.

So PLEASE if you name is in bold and/or your flight arrives AFTER 4PM please send us your scanned passport copy ASAP so we can work on trying to pre-ciear customs. :thankyou:

p.s. I have asked the boat if we do end up missing any dives if we can do an extra day in Saba and they are checking on it. Saba ROCKS and is the best diving of the two islands although BOTH islands offers great diving. -ww

UA865 Arr 2:15 pm

1) Kim aka Kimbuddha 12/25
2) Mike aka goingpostal 12/27

AA1376 Arr 10:10 pm 12/27

3) Sandy aka ScubaPunk 12/27
4) Kathy aka Splashybabe 12/28

DL439 Arr 3:10 pm 12/27

5) Wendy aka SeaLioness

AA2219 Arr 3:15 pm 12/28

6) Amy aka AnemoneAmy
7) Peter aka Squidly
8) Butch aka Cajun Diver

US867 Arr 4:20 pm 12/28

9) Kamala aka Wreckwench
10) Jose aka JesterDiver

UA1629 Arr 1:02 pm

11) Suzanne aka Dividivadiver

DL439 Arr 3:10 pm 12/28

12) Brad aka Dive_Sail_etc
13) Carol aka galngotham
14) Shelli aka ShelliG
15) Maura aka NeedsAdventure

UA896 Arr 4:49 pm 12/28

16) Gwyn aka gmk

SC731 Arr 4:20 pm 12/28

17) Nick aka TwoWheelGuy

NK100 Arr S @ 2:50 pm 12/28

18) Patty aka NJTurtle

formerly...

#234 galngotham

galngotham

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 13 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

And what if the 310pm arrivals are late? Perhaps we should send you ours as well.

#235 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:55 PM

And what if the 310pm arrivals are late? Perhaps we should send you ours as well.

Good idea Carol. :idea:/> It does take a bit of time to gather your luggage, load up the taxi, and the drive time. With a 3:10 arrival, that only gives you 1 hr and 20 minutes, assuming the flight arrives on time. If you want to be on the safe side, go ahead and send it in.

#236 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:06 PM

Carol I think you are physic... the boat has just asked that everyone arriving 3pm or later to PLEASE send in a COLOR copy of your passport ID page in case your flights are late or there are delays for any reason. :thankyou:

formerly...

#237 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:51 PM

Good idea Carol. :idea: It does take a bit of time to gather your luggage, load up the taxi, and the drive time. With a 3:10 arrival, that only gives you 1 hr and 20 minutes, assuming the flight arrives on time. If you want to be on the safe side, go ahead and send it in.

I included a color scan of my passport in my original docs submission. According to the Trips Topic #0 (Checklist) a passport scan is part of the standard docs request. :angel2: :respect: Just sayin'.
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#238 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:45 PM

I included a color scan of my passport in my original docs submission. According to the Trips Topic #0 (Checklist) a passport scan is part of the standard docs request. Posted Image Posted Image Just sayin'.

I thought that was just part of the envelope we bring? At least that's all I see on the checklist:

At the bottom of the Health Insurance Trip Form is information on putting important documents in a sealed medical envelope with your real name and screen name on the outside. Create this envelope before you leave for the trip. Upon arrival at the trip destination, hand this sealed envelope to the Trip Leader for safekeeping. It will only be opened in an emergency situation in the event you can not speak for yourself, and it will be returned to you at the end of your trip. If you lose your passport, this could really save you untold hassle! It will also help us provide proper medical treatment if it is required for any reason.

So wanted to check / clarify in case there's a different checklist that I've missed somehow.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#239 galngotham

galngotham

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:42 PM

Carol I think you are physic... the boat has just asked that everyone arriving 3pm or later to PLEASE send in a COLOR copy of your passport ID page in case your flights are late or there are delays for any reason. Posted Image

Ha ha. Not physic, just practical!

#240 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 09:01 AM

I included a color scan of my passport in my original docs submission. According to the Trips Topic #0 (Checklist) a passport scan is part of the standard docs request. Posted Image Posted Image Just sayin'.

I thought that was just part of the envelope we bring? At least that's all I see on the checklist:
At the bottom of the Health Insurance Trip Form is information on putting important documents in a sealed medical envelope with your real name and screen name on the outside. Create this envelope before you leave for the trip. Upon arrival at the trip destination, hand this sealed envelope to the Trip Leader for safekeeping. It will only be opened in an emergency situation in the event you can not speak for yourself, and it will be returned to you at the end of your trip. If you lose your passport, this could really save you untold hassle! It will also help us provide proper medical treatment if it is required for any reason.
So wanted to check / clarify in case there's a different checklist that I've missed somehow.

Thanks Butch, and in fact you are right that the Checklist references the Health Insurance Form which in turn only mentions placing copies in the sealed envelope, not faxing or scanning the copy as part of the pre trip submissions. I must have confused this with an ad hoc requirement from a previous SingleDivers.com trip (probably T&C 2010). I will see if Kamala would like to revise the submission requirements, particularly for international liveaboard travel, to preclude this sort of last minute addendum. :respect:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users