• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2013-12: Dec 28-Jan4 NYE in Saba & St Kitts LIVEABOARD

• Please log in to reply
268 replies to this topic

#31 Jaque

Jaque

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:301

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:02 AM

I am pretty sure I am in for this trip. I will probably arrive at least two days early and would like to get in on a good deal for lodging and diving. I will probably stay another week in St. Kitts as well. I'll try to get in on the early booking deal too, if I can manage the paperwork in time. I'm still doing laundry from the Bonaire trip, but I'm hooked on SingleDivers.Please add me to the list to get updates. Where are we staying in St. Maarten?

#32 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

I am pretty sure I am in for this trip. I will probably arrive at least two days early and would like to get in on a good deal for lodging and diving. I will probably stay another week in St. Kitts as well. I'll try to get in on the early booking deal too, if I can manage the paperwork in time. I'm still doing laundry from the Bonaire trip, but I'm hooked on SingleDivers.Please add me to the list to get updates. Where are we staying in St. Maarten?

Hello Jaque aka Jaque and :welcome: aboard the Saba NYE trip! (Well, almost, but we can certainly accommodate your extended stays and any other needs you have to make this trip work for you!) :cool2: I will leave your specific questions about lodging to our capable Trip Coordinators (translation: will not muddy the water with too many helpers!) :teeth: but have flagged your questions thusly for them.

Will you be requesting help with booking your flights as well? Kamala has a great reputation for finding good deals, especially into the Caribbean, and though it may seem a long way off I have heard the best deals are already drying up! :-D Please let us know if you desire flight assistance as soon as you can! Oh, and again welcome aboard! Looking forward to :diver: with you and the rest of the gang!

P.S. What a nice thing to say! :angel2: We appreciate sharing how much you enjoyed diving and enjoying Bonaire with us! :thankyou:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

Hey Jaque! I soooooooooooooooo hope you can join us! What a great way to spend the New Year! And by the way, we are 'hooked' on you too! GO IDAHO! GO IDAHO! :cheerleader:/>

Oh wait...wrong thread! ;)/>

Seriously...a few thoughts...

1. St Martine is a bit more reasonable than St Kitts hotel wise. I can check to see if there are some inexpensive B&B's on the island if that appeals to you but a quick look online shows the hotels are pricey on both islands...but more so on St Kitts.

2. Will you be diving in St Kitt's or just sightseeing? (The cousin of our awesome dive operator in Dominica is based in Nevis and while you'd fly in and out of St Kitt's it may be more reasonable to take the Ferry and dive and stay in Nevis. I can try to find out for you if that sounds interesting!

3. Another option is to do SABA. Its the BEST diving of the trip and we may be able to have it worked out where you could stay there. It works best if you fly into SABA and the boat picks you up in SABA which is our first diving anyway. Just an idea...

Let me know how I can help!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#34 Jaque

Jaque

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Logged Dives:301

Posted 28 April 2013 - 05:47 PM

I had my work dates wrong. I should get off on Dec 16 (not the 23rd like I thought), so the trip isn't bracketed as nicely as I thought, but I still think I can do it. I would have a lot of time on the front end, but none on the end. I have been looking at Saba and thinking about Nevis. Nevis might make more sense, since I will see Saba anyway. Getting picked up on Saba is an interesting idea though. Never would have thought of that. I have mostly been trying to figure out how I can squeeze most of the flights out of my frequent flier miles and get back to Anchorage at a decent hour on Sunday to go to work on Monday. I'll keep working on it, but I am 90% decided that I will try to get signed up in time for the early booking. I also wrote to my roommate/dive buddy from the Sun Dancer liveaboard I did ths fall to see if she might be interested in going. She is a good diver and a frequent solo traveler too. I think she would be a likely new member for you. I think she mentioned that Fiji was on her bucket list so your upcoming Fiji trip might appeal to her. I am toying with the idea myself.

Thanks for your suggestions on Saba. I'll get back to you when my plans firm up.

#35 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:241

Posted 28 April 2013 - 08:22 PM

Hi! hi, just got back in town last night so I will get on the rest of that paperwork. For now I noticed my deposits on this trip and the st. Kitts are incorrect,which may be my fault for confusing you guys. I sent $500 on the 16th and $500 for st. Kitts on the 19th. I had originally said I wanted two hundred of the $500 for Roatan to go to st. Kitts but I transferred money instead and was able to send another $500. So I should have $500 on both trips now. I've also booked airfare for Roatan. I guess I just edit my original template? You know...when I send more money or have more info. I did get the trip insurance for Roatan too.On a better note...I became NITROX certified in Punta Cana and would now like to dive Nitrox on both trips. I don't know how you guys travel so much and keep up with life. Printers are all out of ink here from printing confirmations from last trip,lol. I promise to try to catch up with all the PMs I missed and documentation ASAP.YIKES......this whole entry was mostly meant for the Roatan trip.Posted Image I 'm blaming jet lag.

Edited by Kimbuddha, 28 April 2013 - 08:24 PM.

If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change.

#36 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:01 PM

Payments Summary To Date: PAID $300.00 in addition to the $200 transfer from Roatan from the 16th.
7nite/5day Pkg $1895:
D/O or S/O: Choose D/O
Extra Days/Nights: YES! I'm arriving 12/25/2013 and leaving 1/5/2014
Nitrox $150: YES
School & Life Supplies Participation for orphanage: Yes I will bring.
Documents: I sent them,Posted Image
SD Waiver - Yes
SD survey- I sent 1 - We'll list when REC'D
EV Boat Waiver & Application -didn't see one?, We'll list when REC'D
Dive Insurance Current: Dan preferred #2150782
Trip Insurance: CHOOSE ONE & DELETE THE REST
B. I will get trip insurance. I got paid off once after a hurricane in FIJI cut our volunteer survey trip short a week. Posted ImageFlight Details:Ok here goes...12/25/2013 US air #1019 to CLTUS air # 852 CLT 9:40am to St. Maarten arrive 2:15pm1/5/2014AA #814 3:30pm to MiamiAA #2039 8:55pm to chicagoDiscounts y& Incentives: DELETE ALL THAT YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR
2. Paid deposit before May 30th chance to win something?
3. Early Booking and Deposit Discount #B: Sign up and deposit by September 1, and you will be entered to win an Upgrade to Main Level Cabins

5. Membership Discount #A: Save $75 by getting your trip docs (SD waiver, survey, ins statement, EV boat waiver) submitted within 21 days OR within 3 days if signing up within 45 days of departure
6. Membership Discount #B: Get a $25 rebate after the trip by submitting for your premeir membership bonus within 30 days after the trip.

Edited by Kimbuddha, 07 May 2013 - 07:02 PM.

#37 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:03 PM

Hey! It's my Birthday Too! Posted Image Not until the 2nd.

Hum Posted Image New Year's and my birthday, on a boat cruising the caribbean diving exotic sites by day and open bar by night, oh yeah with 4 beautiful women so far, and I hear there are cabana boy massage services on board! Sounds like good times for all! Posted Image

#38 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:08 PM

I sent another $500 on 4/19/2013. I know it left the bank? I should either have $700 here and $300 RoatanOr $500 and $500 from the 16th on Roatan. Posted ImagePosted Image

#39 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 29 April 2013 - 05:42 AM

New Year's and then back to back birthdays! Sounds like it's going to be a great trip!

#40 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:25 AM

Hum Posted Image New Year's and my birthday, on a boat cruising the caribbean diving exotic sites by day and open bar by night, oh yeah with 4 beautiful women so far, and I hear there are cabana boy massage services on board! Sounds like good times for all! Posted Image

YEA!!! We'll be celebrating a LOT OF BIRTHDAYS... the new year's birthday and our members! :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 07:36 AM

I sent another $500 on 4/19/2013. I know it left the bank? I should either have $700 here and $300 RoatanOr $500 and $500 from the 16th on Roatan. Posted ImagePosted Image

Its probably $700 and $300 as you requested but I will check and see and let you and the trip coordinators know.

formerly...

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 08:02 AM

Kim I'll send you an email as well with the full details but pls recheck your payment on the 19th as we did not receive it. We have your membership and your first $500 payment which is totally applied to the Roatan trip. Kamala

formerly...

#43 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 10:50 AM

Don't forget to bring that bottle opener! :respect:/> Hope to see you there!

#44 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 12:43 PM

I edited the template I originally posted with the addition of trip insurance diveassure #183163

Thanks

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:41 PM

Thank you Jose. Did you reference SingleDivers.com in the referral dropdown? It helps us help you in time of need soooooo much easier! :thankyou:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users