• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2014-02: Feb 9-16, 2014 Truk Lagoon...Redeux!

• Please log in to reply
297 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 April 2013 - 09:35 AM

Posted Image

• Click HERE for current AVAILABILITY on this trip!
  • Click HERE for Why our Trips are Unique & What Others Have Said About our Trips!
  • Click HERE for How to Sign up for our Trips AND Important SD Trip Booking Related Info.
  • Click HERE to Pay via our Secure Payment Portal
  • Click HERE to find the Documents for this trip (password will be sent in your "Welcome To This Trip" PM aka private message)
  • Click HERE - TBA for the Special Forums which are open approx 60 days prior to the trip to discuss more private trip details (password will be sent in your "Welcome To This Trip" PM aka private message when open)
  • Click HERE to Register as a Premier Member or HERE to Upgrade to a Premier Member of SingleDivers.com
  • Click HERE to LIKE our FaceBook Page to share pics & more...

Join SD on a fantastic adventure....TRUK and/or PALAU await you. Choose from the Truk by itself aboard the fabulous Truk Odyssey and/or Palau which can be taken by itself or in conjunction with this trip! Click HERE (OPENING NEXT!) for the Palau Trip Details! We can take nothing but pictures...leave nothing but bubbles and keep nothing but memories but it's a 'dream trip' of a lifetime so let's live it to the fullest!

Magnificent Truk! The PINNACLE of wreck diving ...and other diving as well. It's shallow too! Truk is most FAMOUS for its WWII wrecks in PRISTINE condition. Here you'll find a fascinating history, healthy marine life and the world's largest concentration of divable wrecks packed into one lagoon. What makes diving there even more desirable is the usually calm surface conditions, year-round warm water temperatures, 50' - 100' visibility, and lack of strong currents. The wrecks have become beautiful artificial reefs but are amazingly intact.

Posted Image Posted Image

Note: How to Sign Up and the booking template are in Post #2, Who's Going is in Post #3, and Important Ongoing Trip Updates are in post #4.

TRUK'S WORLD FAMOUS DIVE SITES:
Commonly Visited Wreck and Reef Sites Ship Name Highlights Length Depth Range
1. Fujikawa Maru Lush coral growth. Zero airplane fuselages and wing sections. 439' 0'-120'
2. Yamagiri Maru 18" diameter artillery shells of Battleship Musashi. 437' 60'-120'
3. Nippo Maru 2 man tank and artillery guns on deck. Photogenic wheelhouse. 353' 50'-150'
4. Heian Maru Torpedoes and submarine telescopes. Massive size. 510' 35'-100'
5. Sankisan Maru Lush soft coral growth on mast. Machine gun ammunition in hold. 200' 0'-100'
6. Hoki Maru Trucks, bulldozer and tractor in hold. Massive destruction of bow. 250' 45'-150'
7. Unkai Maru Photogenic bow gun. Good coral growth on masts. 360' 30'-130'
8. Rio de Janiero Maru Awesome size. Photogenic propellers. Large engine room. 461' 40'-120'
9. Hanakawa Maru Lush soft and hard coral growth. 363' 10'-100'
10. Fumitzuki Destroyer Bow and stern guns, torpedo launcher.
320' 80'-120'
11. Betty Bomber Japanese small twin engine bomber. 60'50'-60'
12. Momokawa Maru Aircraft parts, truck frames and artillery shells. 380' 80'-150'
13. Shinkoku Maru Lush coral growth. Fantastic marine life. Excellent engine room. 500' 30'-130'
14. Aikoku Maru Massive destruction of bow. Photogenic stern gun.
270' 100'-200'
15. San Francisco Maru Tanks on deck. Trucks, mines, bombs and ammunition in holds. 375' 100'-200'
16. Pizion Reef Wall dive. Large coral heads in the shallows. Sharks 15'-200'+

To create your dream trip, choose and combine from the Options below:

OPTION #1: Truk Odyssey Liveaboard ONLY. Feb 09 - 16, 2014 [

Posted Image

Number of spaces available:
16 = full group booking available (see 3rd post for who's going and summary of spots still available)

Package Price for Truk Liveaboard:
$3095 d/o (SAME PRICE AS 2013 & only $60 more than 2011)
$4645 s/o (SAME PRICE AS 2013 & only $60 more than 2011)

PRICE INCLUDES:
  • FREE nitrox (up to EANx30),
  • 6 days of diving up to 5 dives a day,
  • all meals except for the last night,
  • all alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages,
  • snacks,
  • transfers from Truk Airport to Boat and back, etc.
NOT INCLUDED:
  • Flight (you can book your own or use our consolidator for $30 booking fee), - See below for routing options and pricing
  • $20 Truk departure tax,
  • $30 dive permit,
  • 5% Chuuk VAT/sales tax,
  • Dinner on last night,
  • Dive rental equipment
  • and travel insurance
  • Instruction
  • Tips
  • Transfer pkgs with overnite hotels
  • Trip Insurance is MANDATORY. If you miss the boat you've missed the trip! (see the end of this post for 2 great insurance links)
  • Dive Insurance is MANDATORY. We recommend both Dive Assure (choose SingleDivers.com via the drop down menu for Business & Global Partners) where you get your Dive Insurance and Trip Insurance in one policy or Diver's Alert Network for Dive Insurance Only pls use reference ID # DAN 1603080.
  • SD's Rent-A-Buddy: Have your own private DM as your dive buddy and coach. Want to polish your skills? Reinforce what you just learned in your certification dives? Improve your air consumption? Then hire a dive coach/private guide for your trip! $50 per day or $150 for 5 days diving. (LIMITED TO ONE DIVER ON THIS TRIP)

OPTIONAL PRICING:
  • AIR: approx $1800 to $2,000* per person for airfare LAX to Truk & return + $30 booking fee
  • SUGGESTED LAND PKG*: 4 nites hotel (1 night Guam, 1 nite Hawaii + 1 nite Truk prior to trip, 1 nite Truk after trip) all taxes and transfers,
    D/O TBD approx $500+
    S/O TBD approx $700+

*Suggested Land Pkg includes: I night in HNL Hawaii, 1 night in Guam at Royal Orchid Guam (or similar), 2 nites at the Blue Lagoon Resort, Truk (or similar). Standard room, includes all taxes and transfers. (Some transfers provided by Truk Odyssey.
  • Single Supplement: Due to the unique nature of this trip, the Single Room Upgrade for this trip is $4645

Posted Image

OPTION#2: PALAU Feb 17-24, 2014 [/i]

Join us in Amazing Palau! For full details click HERE (opening next!) and use the THIS topic to sign up for this trip.

POSSIBLE AIR SCHEDULES & ROUTINGS (you can book or we can book for you):

Please note the following air routings for Truk, Truk & Palau and Palau only. You are free to book ANY routings you like but these are the most likely routings. IF YOU PLAN TO ARRIVE EARLY or STAY LATER PLEASE LET US KNOW SO WE CAN SET UP DAY ROOMS AND/OR EXTRA LAND BASED NIGHTS. I will have rates for that shortly and will help people with roommates etc.

Truk only DIRECT - NO LAYOVER IN HNL:

UNITED 003 08FEB LAX HNL 1000A 145P
UNITED 201 08FEB HNL GUM 305P 650P (land on 09FEB)
UNITED 136 09FEB GUM TKK 745P 935P
UNITED 155 17FEB TKK GUM 240A 420A
UNITED 200 17FEB GUM HNL 715A 640P (land on 16FEB)
UNITED 534 16FEB HNL LAX 1010P 526A (land on 17FEB)

Price $2,018.90 as of 5-15-13

Truk only DIRECT - WITH 1 NITE LAYOVER IN HNL:

COMING TODAY!!!

Or Truk Only ISLAND HOPPER:

UNITED 172 17FEB TKK HNL 1049A 250A (4 stops on island hopper)
UNITED 460 17FEB HNL LAX 730A 257P

Price $1,876.90 as of 5-15-13

Truk & Palau WITHOUT STOP IN HNL:

UNITED 155 17FEB TKK GUM 240A 420A (Can get a day room for the 16th and the day in Guam)
UNITED 157 17FEB GUM ROR 755P 910P
UNITED 158 24FEB ROR GUM 210A 515A
UNITED 200 24FEB GUM HNL 715A 640P (land on 23FEB)
UNITED 534 23FEB HNL LAX 1010P 526A (land on 24FEB)

Price $2,544 as of 5-15-13
Price $2,370 per person with Visit Mic (Micronesia) Pass as of 5-15-13

Or you can avoid the hotel night in Truk and full day in Guam by leaving the boat early and flying to Palau on 15FEB. (This means you lose the last day of diving so I will not be doing this again but others are welcome to do so.)
UNITED 154 15FEB TKK GUM 221P 355P
UNITED 185 15FEB GUM ROR 1040P 105A (1 stop in Yap)

Same Price as 5-16 departure

Truk & Palau WITHOUT STOP IN HNL:

COMING TODAY!!!

Palau ONLY:

CLICK HERE!! (COMING NEXT)

DISCOUNTS:
• First DIBS BOOKING for PREMIER MEMBERS until MAY 29!

• Price discounts if paid in full by May 29th: $50 off Truk or $125 if doing both Truk and Palau and pay in full
• $25 Mail-In Rebate for SD premier or charter membership redeemable after the trip if filed within 30 days (Click here for the form & details!
• Additional $50 Active Duty Military Discount for any active duty military of any country that fights for freedom.
• FREE Scuba CD by Pup Morse if paid in full OR deposited by March 11th, 2013
• Deposit is a $1000 per person non-refundable deposit or $1500 if doing both Truk & Palau. (Deposit can be refunded via claims on your trip insurance if you have to cancel or by selling your spot to a non-SD.com member. Ask SD for help.)
• Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via credit card or PayPal. Echecks via SD's Payment Link in my signature incur NO additional charge.
• If space is available and you wish to book 2 back to back Odyssea itineraries including ours you'll get a 20% discount off the price of the second week.
• If you book before 8/23/13 for any Truk option and you are paid in full by Dec 9th, 2013 you will qualify for a chance to win a FREE Private Room Upgrade!

PAYMENT TERMS & SCHEDULE:

DEPOSITS & PROGRESS PAYMENTS:

a. ASAP! $1000 for any single trip or $1500 for the Truk/Palau Combo non-refundable deposit due at booking to hold a spot payable only via the payment link in my signature. Note: Refundable via trip insurance.
b. Payment in FULL Due By: 90 60 days prior to the start of the first trip VIA PAYMENT GATEWAY LINK IN MY SIGNATURE ONLY.
c. PROGRESS PAYMENTS:
ASAP- $1000 ($1500 total if doing both Truk and Palau and if booked and deposited by May 23, 2013 Midnight)
Aug 09, 2013 $750
Oct 09, 2013 $750
Dec 09, 2013 $595 FINAL TRIP PAYMENT DUE LESS ANY DISCOUNTS:
Dec 09, 2013: ALL EXTRAS DUE.

Note: Trip must be paid in full 90 60 days prior to departure as we have special payment terms extended to Dec 09, 2013. Missing payments can forfeit your spot to the next person on the waiting list.

PAYMENT OPTIONS:
SingleDivers.com uses a secure payment gateway that allows you to pay for trips or merchandise using either an e-check which debits your checking account directly without having to mail in a check or debits your credit card without having to fill out a SD.com credit card authorization form. (Please note that many non-US bank originating credit card must still use the paper credit card authorization form as different processing procedures must be followed to process international/non-US credit cards. YOU CAN TRY YOUR CARD BY ENTERING AA AS YOUR STATE AND THE CHARGE MAY GO THRU OK. If you need to use the form you'll find this form in the Forms Forum link in my signature. - PLEASE email trips@singledivers.com for the password to the forms forum.)

SingleDivers.com provides its members with pricing that reflects all possible cash discounts so any payments via credit card or PayPal will still incur a 3% non-cash convenience fee. Our SECURE payment gateway which you can access using the Link in my Signature Line OR using the Link found on Every Page of Forums. It is not a shopping cart BUT it will total your trip choices AND add the 3% non-cash convenience fee if you are paying via credit card.

ONLY PAYMENTS RECEIVED VIA OUR SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAY WILL BE ACCEPTED AND WILL QUALIFY FOR THE EARLY PAYMENT DISCOUNTS

If you are unable to use the gateway please provide a complete description of the problem/error you are encountering and contact kamala@singledivers.com immediately to manually process your payment for you.

Please add a 3% non-cash convenience fee if paying via PayPal (either via credit card or check payment) or any credit card or any non-cash option. Checks, money orders and real cash are discounted already and do not incur a 3% non-cash convenience fee.

International/ Non-US Clients: Please use the traditional written credit authorization form to submit credit card payments. Click here for the form and ask trips@singledivers.com for the password.

MORE DETAILS:

1. The Truk Odyssey boards on Sunday night and diving is Monday morning through Saturday afternoon with disembarkation Sunday morning. Dinner is not included Saturday night. For those going on to Palau after Truk, it is most common to go over on Saturday afternoon (not a problem for the boat) BUT WE HAVE OPTED TO STAY AN EXTRA DAY IN TRUK AND A DAY IN GUAM. Note: those going on to Palau after Truk will not miss ANY diving nor will their diving be compromised to take any of the group ashore to catch an early flight to Palau without the layover in Guam.

2. Yes we can book these flights for you for the $30 fee since they are not charter flights where the booking fee is included. OR you can book your own. We can book just LAX to Truk and/or Palau and you book yourself to LAX. or...

3. We can also get a *LIMITED* number of quotes from other cities not just LAX but keep in mind that my air consolidator can not work for free and as you can see these flights are cheaper than what you can get. I AM PASSING ALL SAVINGS ONTO YOU...since these are my costs to book these flights we ask that flight requests be kept short and sweet as the $30 fee goes directly to the consolidator for booking only. They will chg more for anything beyond one flight request other than the LAX options shown.

4. If you wish to stay overnight in Hawaii like Jerry is wanting to do we can set up the hotel (approx $100 or so) and arrange transfers like we did on our first trip. This gives you enough time to see a few sight in Hawaii and breaks the trip up. THE NEW AIR ROUTINGS WITH THIS STOP WILL BE HERE ANYTIME AND I WILL POST THEM.

5. We will all stay at Blue Lagoon Resort as I have a contract with them. We will book any days you want to arrive early and/or stay later.

6. If you want to do some land based diving before or after the trip let me know and I can set that up as well. Several people have already asked me about doing some diving before the trip and after so it would be nice to keep the group together.

7. The air pricing HAS BEEN UPDATES as posted a few days ago but is subject to change until ticketed.

8. The trip price will be $3280 which includes NITROX 30% (other mixes are charged per the cu/ft used)and includes the 5% Chuuk taxes. (Otherwise it will be $3095 before the taxes)

9. Palau is still estimated to be $1600 +/- $200 for the week to include the amenities posted in the Palau interest thread.

SAMPLE ITINERARY

COMING!!!

THE VESSEL:

COMING!!!

COMMUNICATIONS & HOW TO BE REACHED WHILE TRAVELING:

COMING!!!

TEMPERATURES & CONDITIONS:

COMING!!!

WHAT TO BRING
Packing for a liveaboard trip is much easier than packing for a land-based vacation. The climate doesn't require much more than shorts, T-shirts, and swimsuits (you may consider slacks, dress shorts or sundresses for dinner ashore). A sweater, long pants and windbreaker for the evenings can be a good idea if you are prone to being chilled. Soft luggage is recommended as it takes up very little space when empty. Sun screens, sunglasses, a visor or hat is recommended. If you have favorite CDs or DVDs, feel free to bring them.

All linens (including sheets, comforters, bath towels, hand towels, dive towels, and wash cloths) are provided on board.

If possible, pack your regulator, dive computer, mask, a swimsuit, change of clothes and toiletries in your carry-on bag. Having these few items with you will make an unexpected luggage delay far more bearable.

ON BOARD CHARGES:

Though all meals (except Friday's dinner), beverages, and much more has been taken care of with your trip payment, there are additional items which you may charge to your on board bill. These include retail items (shirts, scuba accessories, etc.), incoming and outgoing telephone calls, photographic and scuba instruction, rentals, crew gratuities, departure tax, and a marine park tax. The bill may be paid at the end of the trip using Visa, MasterCard or cash. Personal or traveler's checks are not accepted on board, and we are unable to provide cash for credit card charges more than invoice amounts.

HOW TO BOOK A SPOT ON THIS TRIP:
1. Post in this thread that you plan to join us and advise your check or credit card payment is on its way via our NEW SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAY. (SEE PAYMENT LINK AT THE TOP OF EACH PAGE OF THE FORUMS OR ON THE HOMEPAGE OR USE THE LINK IN MY SIGNATURE.) You MUST tell us which OPTIONS you want. We'll then put your name on the 'checks in the mail' list. (Please send your payment asap as we can NOT hold any spots on this trip. Your spot will ONLY BE CONFIRMED when we receive your $1000 non-refundable deposit or $1500 if doing Both Truk & Palau. - To post on the site you need to register as a member of the site. Registration is free or if you want to upgrade, premier membership levels are available for as little as $35 a year and you can get $25 back after the trip as a member rebate if you file for it AND YOU WILL QUALIFY FOR THE EARLY BIRD BOOKING WINDOW & DISCOUNTS ON FUTURE TRIPS. PLEASE NOTE THAT TO FACILITATE THE BOOKING PROCESS & PRE-TRIP COORESPONDENCE ALL TRIP GOERS NEED TO BE PREMIER MEMBERS. Click here to learn more.
2. Fill out the Trip Rooming & Diving Survey plus the SingleDivers.com Medical Liability Release & Insurance Summary form which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!" or click here to link to it. (Send a PM or an email to trips@singledivers.com for the password.)
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted below and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly try to work with you.
4. We need to know if you need rental gear, will be diving nitrox and if you want d/o or s/o for the trip. You MUST include as much of this information as possible with your initial reservation.
All participants must have Current Dive Insurance. THIS TRIP DOES NOT REQUIRE TRIP INSURANCE. You will need to verify if you have trip insurance, or will be procuring trip insurance, or conversely not procuring trip insurance. - .and state one of the following:
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
c. I will not purchase trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly. THIS TRIP DOES NOT REQUIRE TRIP INSURANCE, BUT IT IS STRONGLY RECOMMENDED.
6. You are responsible for all info in the thread. We try to keep our FAQ and Important Updates posts #2 & #3 updated to make it easier for you but you are responsible for monitoring the thread for all updates. As the trip gets closer we'll open a private forum for all trip goers to answer last minute questions & provide last minute details. For sure monitor the thread the last 30 days prior to your trip for last minute updates and information.
7. Only requests posted in this trip topic/thread are considered official especially for limited options such as use of a computer, or going on a tour, etc.
8. Please note that while you may send pm and email requests for availability, the "official" availability is only accurate in the main trip post. For more information on SingleDivers.com, booking policies, etc please read here.
9. Also note that for FASTER service please email trips@singledivers.com for all general questions and kamala@singledivers.com for custom questions or special requests.
10. PLEASE SEND ALL DOCUMENTS ONLY TO TRIPS@SINGLEDIVERS.COM as I do not regularly check trip documentation emails, rather leaving it to our awesome volunteers who help me with our trips
. :thankyou:/>/>/>/>/>
11. Save $75 by getting your documents in house within 3 weeks of booking your trip. If you miss the 21 day timeline we'll simply add the $75 document fee to your invoice total. If signing up within 3 weeks or 21 days of the trip, documents must be submitted within 3 days to avoid the document fee.

PLEASE obtain TRIP insurance - IT IS MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIP ... It is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. REMEMBER IF YOU MISS THE BOAT….YOU MISS THE TRIP! You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc .

Click here for a free quote or to purchase online!
or
Click here for Dive Assure for either a 'one time' policy OR an annual policy that is BOTH Dive & Trip Insurance, providing PRIMARY COVERAGE with excellent rates & coverage!

PLEASE obtain DIVE insurance - IT IS MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIP ...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are cared for

Click here for Diver's Alert Network and use our reference ID 1603080.
or
DIVE ASSURE ... get BOTH TRIP & DIVE insurance in one convenient package

[size="3"]TRIP INSURANCE VS GAMBLING LOSSES:
Hey folks if you are gamblers and opt to NOT take out trip insurance that is your decision! However, please understand that neither Explorer Ventures nor SingleDivers.com can help you out with your gambling losses. SD.com accepts a huge amount of liability to fill ALL the trips we run OR EAT THE SPOTS. :-D/>/>/>/>/> I can assure you that I have paid plenty of gambling losses over the years. But I won't gamble with my life (I have both DAN and DIVE ASSURE for Dive Insurance) and I won't gamble with my trips...(I have the annual policy by DIVE ASSURE which covers ALL MY DIVE TRIPS!)
So the choice is yours....bet on no hurricanes, no accidents, no illness, no deaths in the family, no job loss, no immediate death/injury to yourself* ...and laugh in the end when your bet pays off. But when it does not...PLEASE :huh:/>/>/>/>/> PLEASE :o/>/>/>/>/> PLEASE do not expect Odyssey or SingleDivers.com to refund your money because your bet did not pan out. ;)/>/>/>/>/>
NOTE: One of the reason's we have you finalize your extras and pay for everything by 90 days out is so you have more flexibility getting trip insurance. Please take a moment TODAY to do this important task. :blink:/>/>/>/>/> *If you think it can't happen to you please think again...sadly it happens A LOT!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

Welcome to the 2nd Truk Extravaganza Trip Details and Booking/Sign Up thread/topic. Below you'll find the 5 easy steps for signing up for one of our trips and the booking template we use to capture your booking requirements correctly. Let us know if you need any help signing up via trips@singledivers.com or charlies@singledivers.com or kamala@singledivers.com. Otherwise come and join us diving in Amazing Truk!...Hope to see you there!!!

How to Sign Up for A SingleDivers.com Trip in 5 Easy Steps:

Step 1. Register as a Premier Member:
A. Are you new and have not registered on the site yet? Then think of a fun screen name click HERE for ideas and then register HERE. Follow the prompts and choose the 'premier member' option or above in this process and you'll be done.

B. Currently a basic member? Then simply upgrade to premier by clicking on the MEMBERSHIP TAB along the top of the forums HERE and following the prompts for payment.

Step 2: Pay for the trip
We offer a secure payment portal to pay via check or credit card. Our system accepts MC or Visa and all checking accounts and some credit unions. Since all our pricing is offered at a cash discount, the system will add a 3% non-cash convenience fee for credit payments. We accept check payments via the "echeck" option in the payment portal/gateway at no additional charge so please do not "mail" us a check as it can take days and weeks to receive it in rural SC where SingleDivers.com is now corporately based. HERE is the link to our payment portal which is also found on our home page, in my signature line under my posts, across the top of the forums as the blue PAY HERE link and at the top of the trip details.

HOW TO USE THE PAYMENT SYSTEM:
  • After clicking the payment link you will need to enter your SingleDivers.com Screen/Display name so we can link you to the trip and your membership name.
  • Choose the trip you are paying for from the dropdown menu and the amount you are paying for. ONLY enter what you are paying for in each payment.
  • If you wish to provide extra payment details or summarize what you've already paid to date please do so in the details/extra information box and not in the payment template itself or it will think you are trying to pay all of the amounts listed again and total them up. (If this happens simply hit the back button and start over again. You will receive an order summary email every time you attempt a payment so do not worry. The ONLY time you've made a payment is when you receive a 2nd generic email saying "Thank you for your payment". If you get more than one of these please let us know and we'll be happy to refund your duplicate payment. Chances are we have already discovered it and let you know that we've refunded it accordingly.)
Step 3: Post in the trip thread/topic that you are joining us using our 'booking template':
Want to express intent in joining one of our trips? Ideally this is done in the trip details topic which is called a "thread" in the forums we use. In other words THIS TOPIC YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING. Let our volunteers help you learn the posting process as its critical to all of our 'back and forth' communications. (It can also be done via email and we'll "post" your intent for you in the trip topic/thread if you absolutely can't post it yourself.)

You'll find the BOOKING TEMPLATE below and an example of how to complete it. We hope in the near future that this step will be automated but until then please 'copy and paste' this into the the trip thread/this topic by clicking on the blue ADD REPLY button at the top of the forums (make sure the dialog box is empty before you start typing so your reply is not lost in other content. NOTE YOUR TRIP REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THIS STEP.

Step 4: Trip Documents...Where to find them and what to fill out and why:
The trip documents are needed for rooming, diving, understanding your preferences, as well as helping us help you in the case of an emergency etc. They are required to be returned within 21 days of signing up for a trip or if you need more time we'll add a $75 document fee to your invoice. They must be returned within 3 days if you are signing up within 45 days of departure. The trip docs are located HERE You will need to complete the first 3 documents...the Rooming/Diving Survey, The Medical/Liability Release and the Insurance Summary form. (There is also a check list you can download that will help you as well.) NOTE: All docs need to be returned to either trips@singledivers.com or via fax to 888-480-0906.

Step 5: ONGOING COMMUNICATIONS...
Its a two way street...here's how we tell each other what we need:

We use several tools to keep EVERYONE on a trip updated. They are vitally important for you to monitor and stay apprised of. They are as follows:

A. The "Welcome to the Trip" PM (private message) which is sent to as soon as you sign up for the trip. You can not receive these unless you are a Premier member or above. As soon as you either pay or show interest in the trip thread/topic we'll send you this PM. It has helpful info about signing up for the trip and will be used THROUGHOUT the pre-trip process to keep you updated on critical things regarding your trip with us.

B. The 2nd & 3rd 'posts' in this trip thread (the first has the trip details in it) will contain summarized updates so you don't have to follow every post in the original trip thread. PLEASE monitor these for IMPORTANT UPDATES that affect your trip.

C. The Special Discussion Forums. They are private forums that open up approx 30-60 days before a trip and they are FILLED WITH HELPFUL INFORMATION you need for your trip like how the transfer work, money/tipping issues, who's doing what extra tours or diving, etc. We also use these forums to discuss PRIVATE matters such as exchanging celfone numbers so you can meet up at the airport together etc. ONLY members on the trip have access to these private trip discussion forums. Since they are password protected you will receive the special password for the private forum via the TRIP PM.

And that's it. If you need help feel free to email trips@singledivers.com or charlies@singledivers.com or kamala@singledivers.com and one of us will help you! :thankyou:/>/>/>/>

PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING BOOKING TEMPLATE AND CUT AND PASTE IT INTO A NEW POST WITH YOUR REPLIES.

YOUR NAME - YOUR SCREEN NAME

Payments Summary To Date We will post your payments as we receive them
7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey $3095 d/o $4645 s/o (s/o or d/o):
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax) Pay these directly to the boat before you disembark
Extra Days/Nights # of extra nites (let us know if you want help getting room and/or a roommate for your extra days)
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED or Doing Technical Diving with Higher % NItrox for a fee:Yes or No
Documents SD Waiver - List when Rec'd SD Survey - List when Rec'd SD Ins Summary - List when Rec'd ODYSSEY Waiver (send to SD AFTER we get it) - List when Rec'd & Faxed to the boat
Dive Insurance Current Name of Provider & Policy #
Trip Insurance MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIPCHOOSE ONE
c. I still will not purchase trip insurance even though it is REQUIRED and I will accept all losses accordingly and will NOT ask SD nor Odyssea for any help if I cancel nor any money back that should be covered under trip insurance.
Flight Details Tell us your flight details here
Bringing School/Life Supplies Tell us Yes or No, if you can help!
Other Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy"
DISCOUNTS (Delete those that do not apply):
a. I paid in full by 5-29-13 and get add'l $50 off the price
b. I paid in full by 5-29-13 and will pay for Palau in full as well so will get a total of $125 off the two trips
c. I deposited by 5-29-13 and I plan to go on both Truk & Palau so qualify for a $1500 deposit vs $2000.
d. I deposited by 8-29-13 so qualify for the free upgrade to a single room
e. I paid in full OR deposited by 5-29-13 so qualify for a FREE Pup's TropRock/Scubaribbean CD!!
f. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.
g. I am Active Duty Military in a country that fights for FREEDOM with the USA so I qualify for an add'l $25 off
h. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.

SAMPLE OF HOW TO COMPLETE THE BOOKING TEMPLATE:

Kamala aka WreckWench

Payments Summary To Date PAID IN FULL
7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey $3095 d/o $4645 s/o (s/o or d/o): d/o
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax) No problem
Extra Days/Nights Planning to do the stnd 1 nite in HAWAII, 1 nite in TRUK before the trip 1 nite in TRUK after the trip and I nite in GUAM
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIEDYes and *MAY* dive higher than 30% house mix for an add'l fee
Documents SD Waiver - YES SD Survey - YES SD Ins Summary - YES ODYSSEY Waiver (send to SD AFTER we get it) - WILL SEND IN WHEN WE HAVE THE FORM
Dive Insurance Current Dive Assure

Flight Details Will post asap
Bringing School/Life Supplies Yes
Other EAT mostly Fruits and Veggies
b. I paid in full by 5-29-13 and will pay for Palau in full as well so will get a total of $125 off the two trips
c. I deposited by 5-29-13 and I plan to go on both Truk & Palau so qualify for a $1500 deposit vs $2000.
e. I paid in full OR deposited by 5-29-13 so qualify for a FREE Pup's TropRock/Scubaribbean CD!!
f. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.
g. I am Active Duty Military in a country that fights for FREEDOM with the USA so I qualify for an add'l $25 off
h. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.

A few extra notes:
And finally...since this trip is anticipated to fill out quickly, your spot will NOT be guaranteed until we receive you $1000 ($1500 if doing Truk and Palau) deposit AND which week/room type you are choosing VIA YOUR BOOKING TEMPLATE PKG and whether you have or will get TRIP insurance. In order to be fair all payments will be received via our SECURE ONLINE payment gateway ONLY so they will be timestamped accordingly. The payments are NOT real time so to compensate for the lag...ONLY PAYMENTS EITHER CHECK OR CREDIT CARD RECEIVED VIA THE SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAY WILL BE HONORED. As noted in the first post, if you have ANY problems please document them and contact kamala@singledivers.com asap to manually enter your payment in the gateway or resolve the problem for you. And as always please note our terms and conditions and other things you need to know about SingleDivers.com trips HERE.

LIST OF THOSE PREMIERS GETTING ADVANCE NOTICE OF WHEN THIS TRIP OPENS UP AND ADVANCE BOOKING INCLUDING PREMIER ONLY DISCOUNTS & EARLY BOOKING SPECIALS...Membership Does Have REWARDS!!!

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - prefer Yap or Philippines
2. Fred aka ev780 - Yap add-on
3. Butch aka Cajun Diver - Yap or Phillipines add-on
4. Jerry aka Jerrymxz - Yap add-on
5. Mike aka Going Postal - Yap or Phillipines add-on
6. Susan aka Resqdew - anywhere there is good diving add-on
7. Dan aka Scubatooth - Yap/Palau, Phillipines add-on
8. Marc aka Muktuk
9. Pascal aka Lephenix
10. Jim aka Up Diver
11. Joanne aka globefish
12. Johanna aka chachita
13. Tray aka scrappykidz
14. Joe aka grim reefer
15. Charles aka DoctorB
16. Olivier aka El Callado
17. Gini aka Gini
18. Todd aka Walks with Whales
19. Jay aka gasdoc - would love to do jellyfish lake
20. Jen aka ItsScubaJen
21. Patrick aka Alohafrog
22. Stephen aka scubaferret
23. Ron aka auther dent
24. Sissy aka ScubaSis
25. Kevin aka KevinG58
26. Robert aka penguin3694
27. Kathy aka HoustonAngelfish
28. Mike aka ScubaTurtle
29. Marla aka DivingNole
30. Tim aka Buzo Guero
31. Kerry aka VeryKerry

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:58 PM

SPOTS AVAILABLE UPDATE
We have 16 spots for our Truk Liveaboard. We can NOT exceed the number of rooms SO signing up EARLY ensures you get a spot!

Rooms/Spots booked so far.....
16 spots - 14 spots booked d/o = 2 spots available

TRIP SUMMARY RECAPS

Who's Going
1. "Mystery Man" - This date included a built in booking of a man who ALWAYS does this date and has for 10 years but he is a 'single diver' so will fit right in!
2. Kamala aka WreckWench d/o (need docs, flights)
3. Bill aka OTWDiver d/o (need docs, flights)
4. Susan aka Resqdew d/o
5. Ed aka Diver Ed d/o
6. Toby aka TobyLogic d/o
7. Elise aka LilMermaid d/o
8. Tim aka Buzo Guero d/o
9. Fred aka ev780 d/o
10. Geoffrey aka Geoffrey d/o
11. Bill aka BillS d/o
12. Mark aka MarkW d/o
13. Jerry aka JerryMXZ d/o
14. Mike aka ScubaTurtle d/o
15. Pascal aka Lephenix d/o
16. Derek aka Muskegocline d/o

SOLD OUT!!!

OFFICAL WAITING LIST - This trip is a long ways out and things will change for people so this is a good bet!

1. Fred aka EV780
1. Jose aka JesterDiver
2. Jane aka Global Diver

Those who are diving Nitrox 30% (MUST BE CERTIFIED) & THOSE PLANNING TO DIVE OTHER NITROX MIXES FOR A FEE THAN the standard 30%
1. Kamala aka WreckWench - certified - yes 30% - MAY do some more technical diving
2. Bill aka OTWDiver - certified - yes 30% - MAY do some more technical diving
3. Pascal aka Lephenix - certified - yes 30% - MAY do some more technical diving

Those wanting to use Cochran Computer to aid DAN PDE research efforts (Limited # of Participants)
1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Pascal aka Lephenix
3. Fred aka ev780
4. Tim aka Buzo Guero

Those wanting to participate in the "Dive Mentor" aka Rent-A-Buddy program (limited # of participants

Those wanting to do training on this trip - PLEASE TELL US IF YOU ARE INTERESTED SO WE PLAN ACCORDINGLY
Recreation & Technical Diving Instructor(s) Bill aka OTWDiver

I'm celebrating a Milestone on this trip (Birthday, Significant Dive, Etc)
1. SingleDivers.com turns 10!!!

I am arriving Early or Staying Late and want to share a room for 1 or more nights and want SD to help me book it NOTE WE'LL have a FORMAL TRANSFER PKG YOU CAN SIGN UP FOR BASED UPON WHO WANTS TO STOP OFF IN HAWAII AND WHO WANTS TO GO DIRECT TO TRUK AND WHO WANTS THE ISLAND HOPPER ETC.

I want to do Land-Based diving either before or after the Liveaboard (please tell us if before or after, and how many days)

OFFICIALLY COMPLETED THE BOOKING PROCESS:

1. Odyssey "Mystery Man"

2. Kamala aka WreckWench

Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax) No problem
Extra Days/Nights Planning to do the stnd 1 nite in HAWAII, 1 nite in TRUK before the trip 1 nite in TRUK after the trip and I nite in GUAM
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIEDYes and *MAY* dive higher than 30% house mix for an add'l fee
Documents SD Waiver - YES SD Survey - YES SD Ins Summary - YES ODYSSEY Waiver (send to SD AFTER we get it) - WILL SEND IN WHEN WE HAVE THE FORM
Other EAT mostly Fruits and Veggies

3. Bill aka OTWDiver
Payments Summary To Date: Paid in Full
Extra Days/Nights Planning to do the stnd 1 nite in HAWAII, 1 nite in TRUK before the trip 1 nite in TRUK after the trip and I nite in GUAM or WHATEVER THE WENCH DOES!!!
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIEDYes and *WILL* dive higher than 30% house mix for an add'l charge
b. I will buy trip insurance that covers this trip.
Flight Details Will post soon....
Other EAT mostly Fruits and Veggies (like the Wench)

4. Susan aka Resqdew
Payments Summary To Date: $3095
TRUK and Palau!!! :-)
7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey $3095 d/o: $3095 D/O
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax) Pay these directly to the boat before you disembark
Extra Days/Nights # of extra nites: at least one night in Hawaii, will follow the group with whatever overnights to travel and stay sane......
Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED YES- Advanced Nitrox Certified, interested in the 30% mix & might tec dive too
All SD Docs Rec'd
ODYSSEY Waiver:
Dive Insurance Current DAN Preferred #431447
Flight Details: I will get myself to Hawaii on my free miles: Let me know how to buy into the flights with the group from Hawaii & all over, then back to Hawaii
Bringing School/Life Supplies: if there is space in luggage
Other : want 24hr in Hawaii, need a room please & transport, will stay other overnights as the group travels
e. already have the CD
g. N/a

5. Ed aka Diver Ed
Payments Summary To Date: $2500 + $1500
7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey: $3095 d/o
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax) ok
Extra Days/Nights ???
Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED Yes
All SD Docs Rec'd
ODYSSEY Waiver - Rec'd

Dive Insurance Current
Trip Insurance MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIPCHOOSE ONE: b.

6. Toby aka TobyLogic
Payments Summary To Date: Paid In Full
7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey: $3095 d/o
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax) yep understood
Extra Days/Nights Probably do the same as the group
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIEDYes
Documents SD Waiver - no SD Survey - no SD Ins Summary - no ODYSSEY Waiver (send to SD AFTER we get it) - WILL SEND IN WHEN WE HAVE THE FORM
Dive Insurance Current Dive Assure (will get policy#)
Trip Insurance MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIPCHOOSE ONE b.
Other RAB with Kamala please

7. Elise aka LilMermaid
Payments Summary To Date: Paid in Full
7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey $3095 d/o: d/o
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax) ok
Extra Days/Nights Will do the same as the Toby
Documents SD Waiver - no SD Survey - no SD Ins Summary - no ODYSSEY Waiver (send to SD AFTER we get it) - WILL SEND IN WHEN WE HAVE THE FORM
Flight Details Researching
Other Since Bill is on the trip I want to dive sidemount with him

8. Tim aka Buzo Guero
Payments Summary To Date: $1000 + $2359 + $750
7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey $3095 : d/o
Extra Days/Nights # of extra nites (let us know if you want help getting room and/or a roommate for your extra days) TBD
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED or Doing Technical Diving with Higher % NItrox for a fee:Yes on 30%
All SD Docs Received
ODYSSEY Waiver:
Rec'd
Dive Insurance Current Name of Provider & Policy # DAN 2063114 Expires 11/30/13 Auto-renewal
Trip Insurance MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIP
DAN ANNUAL POLICY #8931-837 (Effective 8/20/13 to 8/19/14)

Bringing School/Life Supplies No, will give cash.
d. I deposited by 8-23-13 so qualify for the free upgrade to a single room
e. I paid in full OR deposited by 5-23-13 so qualify for a FREE Pup's TropRock/Scubaribbean CD!!

9. Fred aka eve780
Payments Summary To Date: $3500 + $200 Punk Points = $3700
7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey $3095 D/O
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax) Noted
Extra Days/Nights 2 nights in HNL S/O (arriving on the 6th) + the suggested rooms S/O. (day room in GUM, and rooms in TKK before and after.)
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED or Doing Technical Diving with Higher % NItrox for a fee: Yes 30%
All SD Docs Rec'd
ODYSSEY Waiver: Received
Dive Insurance Current DAN--Member #: 1443484
b. CSA Travel Protection #13172W7255
Flight Details
UA328 DEN-HNL 6FEB 11:30 16:07
UA201 HNL-GUM 8FEB 15:05 18:50 +1 Day
UA136 GUM-TKK 9FEB 19:45 21:35
UA155 TKK-GUM 17FEB 02:40 04:20
UA157 GUM-ROR 17FEB 19:55 21:10
UA158 ROR-GUM 24FEB 02:10 05:15
UA200 GUM-HNL 24 FEB 07:15 18:40 -1 day
UA 383 HNL-DEN 23 FEB 21:00 06:46 +1 Day
Bringing School/Life Supplies NO
CAN I GET A BREAK ON THIS ONE SINCE I JUST GOT PULLED FROM WAITING LIST!?

10. Geoffrey aka CanadianDivingDude
Payments Summary To Date: $1000 + $2095
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax)
Extra Days/Nights - Need final night in Truk, probably taking layovers in HNL on both ends of trip
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED - Yes
All SD Docs Rec'd Thank you
ODYSSEY Waiver: Rec'd
Dive Insurance Current - Yes, DAN #1844900
Trip Insurance b. Will obtain Trip Insurance
Flight Details - HNL <-> TKK booked
UNITED 155 17FEB TKK GUM 240A 420A
UNITED 200 17FEB GUM HNL 715A 640P (land on 16FEB)
DISCOUNTS:

11. Bill aka EnglishDivingDude
7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey $3095 d/o
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax)
Extra Days/Nights
All SD Docs Rec'd Thank you
Odyssey Waiver Rec'd

Dive Insurance Current
Flight Details Not yet
Bringing School/Life Supplies ?

12. Mark aka MarkS
Extra Days/Nights
Documents:
SD Waiver - Rec'd
SD Survey - Rec'd
SD Ins Summary -
ODYSSEY Waiver - Rec'd
Dive Insurance Current
h. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off

13. Jerry aka Jerrymxz
Payments Summary To Date: $4000
7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey $3095 d/o $4645 s/o (d/o):
Extra Days/Nights 1 extra night in HNL on the way in to see Pearl Harbor and USS Arizona. ANYONE care to join me????
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED or Doing Technical Diving with Higher % Nitrox for a fee:
Yes Plus 100% O2 use for deco. Have extended range and Advanced Nitrox certs

All SD Docs Rec'd
Dive Insurance Current DAN preferred ID# 2087300
Bringing School/Life Supplies Yes Absolutly!!!
Other during the day in Chuuk prior to boarding the Odyssey I'd like to visit other surface historical sites then the ones we visited in 2010

14. Mike aka ScubaTurtle
Payments Summary To Date: $1500 + $2796 + $750 + $750 + $595
Truk and Palau
Extra Days/Nights # 0
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED or Doing Technical Diving with Higher % NItrox for a fee:Yes - Basic Nitrox currently
All SD Docs Rec'd
Dive Insurance Current DAN Dive Insurance - #2379797
Trip Insurance MANDATORY FOR THIS TRIP CHOOSE ONE
Flight Details Going to book Truk and Palau Flights though SD.com
Bringing School/Life Supplies No
Other Healthy Veggies and Lean Meat Options are great.

15. Pascal aka Lephenix
Payments Summary To Date: $1000 + $750 + $750 + $595
Extra Days/Nights YES
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED Yes
All SD Docs Received
ODYSSEY Waiver:
Dive Insurance Current
Bringing School/Life Supplies Probably
h. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off

16. Derek aka Muskegocline
Payments Summary To Date: $2000 + $1700
Extra Days/Nights ???
Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED Yes
All SD Docs Received
ODYSSEY Waiver:
Dive Insurance Current DAN
I have trip insurance that covers this trip

formerly...

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

LOOK HERE FOR ONGOING IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATES - CHECK HERE OFTEN TO AVOID READING ALL THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD:

1. 8-23-13 Trip opened up for Premier Member and Above & Pay in Full Early booking until 8-30-13 midnight Central Time

2. We have 10 rooms and *hopefully* can get more if needed. That is up to 20 people BUT signing up EARLY ensures you get a spot! We will be advertising this event heavily. :cheerleader: NOTE: Monitor the 3rd post for official availability and Who's Going!

3. So what are you waiting for? You MUST sign up in the thread using the booking template and you must use our payment gateway to make your payment. (The only exception is if your payment is not accepted for some reason and you contact kamala@singledivers.com for help.)

PALAU and GENERAL SD TRIP RELATED FAQ!

Q. When do I need to arrive?
A. ANYTIME. The main group will be doing TRUK FIRST so if you arrive early you will most likely be on your own. However I'm sure that some members will want to stay longer than 7 days so staying longer should be easier. We can help with air and we will book early arriving pkgs and those staying late as well as transfer hotels in Hawaii and Guam if you like.

Q. Since we are flying so far can we spend a few days diving there?
A. Yes since you are setting up your own tickets (our consolidator can book for you for $30) then you can arrive when you want and dive locally either in Palau or in the surrounding islands. LET US HELP YOU UNLESS YOU WANT TO BOOK EVERYTHING YOURSELF. We can help arrange roommates and ensure that everyone is at the same resorts and no one is left or left out.

Q. What forms are required for this trip?
A. We need 4 forms from you for this trip: 1. the SingleDivers.com Trip/Rooming/Diving SURVEY to help us match you up with the most compatible roommate and dive buddy and get other basic info from you; 2. the SingleDivers.com WAIVER which is a standard liability release form; and 3. The SD Insurance Summary form and 4. the FISHNFINS WAIVER all guests must complete.

Q. I've signed up & paid my deposit for the trip, why am I not moved up to the Who's Going list yet?
A. Although you confirm your intentions to go on the trip with your deposit, you are not completely signed up until all of your documents have been received. Once one of our volunteer Trip Coordinators receives all 4 of your required documents and sees that you have paid your required deposit, only then will you be moved up to the Who's Going list. For a hot trip, it's best to sign up, pay your deposit, and get your required docs turned in as soon as you can.

Q. Why the big deal over trip insurance and when do I have to buy it if I want it?
A. Big trips often require people to end up canceling and the cost is too severe to self insure. People are used to things being pretty good and not worrying about things like insurance. However for some reason MORE people have experienced having to cancel a trip or having their vacation ruined due to accidents, illness, death in the family and even death of the member. And while our vendors and SD truly want to help you, we are extremely limited in what we can do if you did not take out trip insurance. Therefore we will be REQUIRING that you to buy trip insurance for this trip and suggest you consider an annual plan like Dive Assure (www.DiveAssure.com reference SingleDivers.com for ease of claims) to cover all those unexpected things that would otherwise cause you to lose most if not all of your vacation monies. NOTE: The last possible date to buy insurance VARIES by the policy you purchase. Some require you buy it before final payment and some require it within a limited number of days after signing up so check the policy you buy.

Q. I am new to the single divers website and am interested in getting some more information about your trips. I was looking at this trip. Do you have people from all over and all ages and experience levels that go on these trips?
A. Yes we do. Divers range from about 25 to 65, we average about 40% women…sometimes more on our trips…several have been essentially 'chick trips' with more gals than guys and we have every one from novices with 6 dives to master scuba diving instructors on trips. EVERYONE is welcome and we love new(er) divers. We even offer an innovative program for new divers that is part divebuddy/dive mentor. Its called Rent-A-Buddy and you hire a private DM to be your buddy so you can focus on YOU and YOUR diving and not worry about anything or anyone else. Your buddy will also mentor you providing customized feedback on YOUR diving helping to reinforce GOOD habits or develop GOOD habits right from the start. Everyone who participates in this program RAVES about it. Its quite reasonable…$50 per day or $150 for the week.

Q. I'm trying to decide if I should do a double to save money or a single just in case the roomie thing does not work out. What do you recommend?
A. You have CHOICES on our trips. One of our primary goals is to AVOID SINGLE SUPPLEMENTS. We use an extensive rooming and trip survey to help us with rooming decisions. If we help you with rooming you won't be disappointed. And if for some reason your roomie looked good on paper but just didn't pan out in reality...TRUST ME WHEN I SAY...it's not a big deal and we'll get you swapped with someone else in a flash. EVERYONE knows that it could be them that didn't mesh with their roomie so they are happy to help someone else match up better. After all...it could be them the next time. So let us know which way you want to go and you can see by the extensive survey we do...we have LOTS of parameters to help you match on many levels with a potential roommate. And if you just want to unwind and pamper yourself...the single upgrade fee is not that much and you can have a luxurious time by yourself. The CHOICE is YOURS!!! :cool1:

Q. I noticed in the "who's going" section that most of the people are diving nitrox, is that a problem if I don't?
A. Absolutely not but many divers find it will allow them to dive more since we are doing up to 3 boat dives a day plus some shorediving. We'll have an instructor on the trip so if you want to take the class while you are there it's a great way to combine diving and training. (SINCE THIS IS A BUCKET LIST TRIP TRAINING WILL BE AT MINIMUM. NITROX WILL BE AVAILABLE) Air divers will be buddied with other air divers and/or I'll dive with any air diver that needs a buddy. SD.com will help you with the buddy arrangements using the info from the survey we have you fill out. You are never locked into these suggestions and are free to change at any time. Most of our members rave at how well our dive buddy suggestions turn out to be!

Q. Do I need to sign in as a premier member to be able to access all the forms that are needed?
A. Yes you will need to register on the site with a screen name (choose a fun diving or personality related one if you can) and you'll need to be logged into the site to post. Once you tell us you are going on a trip with us we send you a link to the forms in case you have not found the link in my signature along with the password for the forum. (Note it is NOT the same as your login password.) To sign up for a trip simply POST in the topic/thread that you want to go with us, your payment is enroute and then tell us if you'll need extra days, if you want double or single occupancy, if you want nitrox or air, etc. PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL TRIPS SINCE 2012 WE REQUIRE YOU TO BE A PREMIER MEMBER SO WE CAN EFFECTIVELY COMMUNICATE VITAL TRIP DETAILS DURING THE BOOKING PROCESS AND ALL PRE-TRIP PHASES. AS A PREMIER MEMBER YOU WILL QUALIFY FOR MEMBER ONLY DISCOUNTS FOR EARLY BOOKING, FIRST DIBS ON LIMITED SPOTS, $25 MEMBER REBATE AFTER EVERY TRIP IF YOU FILE FOR IT AND WE'LL SEND YOU PRIVATE MESSAGES WITH IMPORTANT TRIP HAPPENINGS AS A SPECIAL COURTESY FOR OUR PREMEIR MEMBERS AND ABOVE ONLY!

Q. What would be the easiest way to pay with my credit card for this, could I call you and pay that way?
A. You can pay with credit card via our secure online web payment gateway. Simply click on the CLICK HERE TO PAY SD NOW button on the home page or in my signature below or along the top of each page of the forums and it will allow you to pay via cc or your checking account. All prices are discounted for cash so if not paying via check please include the 3% non-cash convenience fee. If using a credit card not drawn on a US bank you may have to fill out our credit card authorization form so we can process your payment manually (found in the forms forum link in my signature) and email it as a pdf to me to kamala@singledivers.com or fax it to me to 864-944-6769. Again please include the 3% non-cash convenience fee if paying via this method.

Q. Is it more common for people to book their own flights, or do you do most of the travel arrangements for people?
A. Actually most people do book their own flights. We are happy to help but charge a nominal $30 booking fee for researching and booking flights for you unless the flight is part of the trip package and then the price is covered in the trip cost already. Let us know if you'd like us to make travel arrangements for you. We simply add the $30 fee to your total invoice. OR SAVE BOOKING FEES AND MONEY BY BOOKING VIA OUR ONLINE AIRFARE BOOKING SYSTEM HERE!

Q. Can I get a Rent-A-Buddy for this trip...how does it work? A. Yes you can rent-a-buddy AKA a "Dive Mentor" for the trip...we have a limited number of DM's/Instructors available for you to rent to help you focus on only yourself and not worry about being someone's buddy or to allow you to improve your air consumption and bouyancy etc. You are hiring a professional 'coach' to help you reinforce your recent open water skills or to help you refresh them or to just basically help to mentor you. The price is $50 per day or $150 for the trip. If you need your rent-a-buddy to do your first night dive it is recommended that you consider the night dive specialty or even just the night dive sign off of AOW...Advanced Open Water via one of our instructors. THEN you can do one with your rent-a-buddy!

Q. I will need Rental Gear. What do I do?
A. Let us know what you need for rental gear? We will have Cochran computers available that you can for FREE to do DAN research AND avoid having to rent. As for other rental gear...please let us know and we'll get you the prices.

Q. I don't own my own gear but don't want to rent either. What do I do?
A. Let us help you OWN YOUR OWN DIVE GEAR! We have great partnerships with top suppliers and we are happy to help you own your own gear. Email kamala@singledivers.com for more info.

Q. I want to bring School & LIFE Supplies for the kids. What is best to bring?
A. Last year we discovered the need for the orphanage which covers ALL AGES includes simply clothing, toiletries and basic supplies which are always hard to come by...notebooks, paper pads, pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners, markers, etc. Please bypass the ones that are more like toys. And please bring them in one of the million canvas tote bags you get from conventions etc....that way they stay together AND a child will end up with a book bag...plus we don't add more plastic to the already challenged environment. You might also pick up some cheap 'readers' from the dollar stores...they will help kids who have a problem reading without glasses. And if you do not want to bring supplies but would rather donate money that is fine too. School supplies have a 50% import tax on them so they become very expensive in the country. That is why paper is good to bring as it is heavy to import and expensive once it is on island. But ANYTHING you bring will be gladly accepted and put to good use. NOTE: Do not pack a box to bring supplies in. Use a suitcase so it looks like it is your personal items. A box will usually be opened and then you will be taxed on the supplies you are bringing in...EVEN if they are for charity.

Life Supplies: We will compile a full list of things needed by the orphanage for the kids and let you know!

Q. Is there a place on the site behind the scenes to discuss meeting up at airports, sign up for rental trucks, impart tips & tidbits about diving on Turks & Caicos?

a. Yes, please check out this forum: INSERT LINK HERE The password will be sent to everyone VIA THE OFFICIAL TRIP PM, but if ever needed again, please send an email to: Trips@singledivers.com and we will send it to you again. Check this link often for updates! It will not appear in the "view new posts".

Q. I noticed that none of my flight info is listed in the area where everyone else's is for the Palau trip! Was I supposed to post that info myself? If so, how do I do it!
A. Yes if you want your info posted in the thread for your flight details you post it in a post saying here are your flight details and our trip coordinators or myself will post it in the first post. This also lets others know when you will be arriving as well.

Q. Have you by any chance figured out who is going to room together yet? Or do you wait on that? A. You are correct that we do not announce the rooming until you get to the hotel. Keep in mind that rooming is ALWAYS subject to change especially before the trip begins but even after it has begun. If we discover that we have a problem and have to change someone then obviously several people would have to be changed to make it work. But it works because EVERYONE knows it could be them so they are willing to be flexible. This is part of what makes this group so great. If your roomie does not work out despite being good 'on paper' you simply let us know and we start working on suitable changes. We ask that you give us at least 24 hrs to work out a rooming change. Within 24hrs the problem may have worked itself out or we will have found someone willing to swap roomies to make it all work. Either way it will work out if everyone is willing to be flexible. :respect:

Q. Also for those of us who signed up ahead of time who might be able to get an upgrade...when does that all take place? When we get there?
A. We do not announce the upgrade winner until right before the trip or until we get there.

Q. What kind of night life does PALAU offer?
A. PALAU does not offer much nightlife. But what we don't find...We'll make on our own!

Q. So how does the $75 Document Fee work?
A. Timely documents are critical to the success of our organization. Simply get your docs into us within 3 weeks of signing up for a trip and you'll save $75. If you need more time to complete your docs, we'll simply add the document fee to your final invoice. Wanna save some money get your docs in timely. Need more time? We'll just add the document fee to your invoice. NOTE: All documents are required no later than 45 days prior to the trip. Failure to submit them could result in the loss of your spot. If you are signing up within 45 days of the trip you have 3 days to get us your docs. PLEASE NOTE THAT FLIGHT DETAILS ARE NOT NEEDED UNTIL YOU HAVE PURCHASED YOUR FARE.

Q. I want to bring School Supplies for the kids. What is best to bring?

A. The basics are always hard to come by...notebooks, paper pads, pens, pencils, pencil sharpeners, markers, etc. Please bypass the ones that are more like toys. And please bring them in one of the million canvas totebags you get from conventions etc....that way they stay together AND a child will end up with a book bag...plus we don't add more plastic to the already challenged environment. You might also pick up some cheap 'readers' from the dollar stores...they will help kids who have a problem reading without glasses. And if you do not want to bring supplies but would rather donate money that is fine too. School supplies have a 50% import tax on them so they become very expensive in the country. That is why paper is good to bring as it is heavy to import and expensive once it is on island. But ANYTHING you bring will be gladly accepted and put to good use. NOTE: Do not pack a box to bring supplies in. Use a suitcase so it looks like it is your personal items. A box will usually be opened and then you will be taxed on the supplies you are bringing in...EVEN if they are for charity.

Q. What if any internet access will there be on this trip?
A. The hotel has free wifi in the lobby and restaurant.

Q. Are there any videos I can watch showing diving in Palau?
A. TBA

PLUS, these really good trip reports, including photos! TBA

Q. What are the emergency contact numbers I can give my family back home?
A. TBA
kamala@singledivers.com

formerly...

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:59 PM

This trip is NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING!!!

formerly...

#6 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:15 PM

Been waiting for the wench to finish this trip! So SIGN ME UP!!! :wakawaka:

Bill aka OTWDiver

Payments Summary To Date Will Pay in Full
Extra Days/Nights Planning to do the stnd 1 nite in HAWAII, 1 nite in TRUK before the trip 1 nite in TRUK after the trip and I nite in GUAM or WHATEVER THE WENCH DOES!!!
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIEDYes and *WILL* dive higher than 30% house mix for an add'l charge
b. I will buy trip insurance that covers this trip.

Flight Details Will post soon....
Other EAT mostly Fruits and Veggies (like the Wench)
  • Jerrymxz likes this
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#7 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Susan - Resqdew Payments Summary To Date We will post your payments as we receive them --paid $3095.00 in full for Truk :-)
TRUK and Palau!!! :-)

7nite/6day Pkg on Truk Odyssey $3095 d/o $4645 s/o (s/o or d/o): $3095 D/O
Extra Days/Nights # of extra nites (let us know if you want help getting room and/or a roommate for your extra days)
at least one night in Hawaii, will follow the group with whatever overnights to travel and stay sane......

Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED YES- Advanced Nitrox Certified, interested in the 30% mix & might tec dive too
Documents SD Waiver - List when Rec'd SD Survey - List when Rec'd SD Ins Summary - List when Rec'd ODYSSEY Waiver (send to SD AFTER we get it) - List when Rec'd & Faxed to the boat
Dive Insurance Current DAN Preferred #431447

Flight Details: I will get myself to Hawaii on my free miles: Let me know how to buy into the flights with the group from Hawaii & all over, then back to Hawaii
Bringing School/Life Supplies: if there is space in luggage
Other : want 24hr in Hawaii, need a room please & transport, will stay other overnights as the group travels
e. already have the CD
g. N/a

Even I'm confused with all of the information, so I'll pay the deposit and ask for help as we go.......

Edited by Resqdew, 21 May 2013 - 07:03 PM.

#8 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:39 PM

In the woods with limited access. Hoping this posts ok.

Ed aka Diver Ed

Payments Summary To Date Sending money.
Extra Days/Nights ???
Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIEDYes
Documents SD Waiver - YES SD Survey - YES SD Ins Summary - YES ODYSSEY Waiver (send to SD AFTER we get it) -
Dive Insurance Current
b.
Flight Details ???
Other

#9 TobyLogic

TobyLogic

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced NAUI
  • Logged Dives:2250

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:46 PM

Finally its open. ;)/>

Toby aka TobyLogic

Payments Summary To Date paying now
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax) yep understood
Extra Days/Nights Probably do the same as the group
Other RAB with Kamala please
n/a

#10 LilMermaid

LilMermaid

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:30+

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:52 PM

Elise aka LilMermaid

Payments Summary To Date Will pay next
Extra Days/Nights Will do the same as the Toby
Other Since Bill is on the trip I want to dive sidemount with him
no

#11 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:06 PM

Tim aka Buzo Guero
Extra Days/Nights # of extra nites (let us know if you want help getting room and/or a roommate for your extra days) TBD
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED or Doing Technical Diving with Higher % NItrox for a fee:Yes on 30%
Dive Insurance Current Name of Provider & Policy # DAN 2063114 Expires 11/30/13 Auto-renewal
DAN ANNUAL POLICY #8931-837 (Effective 8/20/13 to 8/19/14)
Flight Details TBD
Other None
e. I paid in full OR deposited by 5-23-13 so qualify for a FREE Pup's TropRock/Scubaribbean CD!!

Edited by Buzo Guero, 22 May 2013 - 11:07 AM.

#12 KYDiver57

KYDiver57

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:86

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:12 PM

Tony aka KYDiver57
Fees Payable on Board: (5% VAT/Sales Tax and $30 dive permit fee & $20 Departure Tax) Ok
Extra Days/NightsTBD
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIEDWill be

Bringing School/Life Supplies TBD
Other

#13 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:29 PM

Tim aka Buzo Guero
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED or Doing Technical Diving with Higher % NItrox for a fee:Yes
Flight Details TBD
Other None

Hey, Kamala. I'd also like to book the land package & air through you. Posted Image

Edited by Buzo Guero, 21 May 2013 - 06:44 PM.

#14 CanadianDivingDude

CanadianDivingDude

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Not sure if I am doing this right or not. Was referred to you all by the Odyssey and need 3 spots for me and my friends. They are also logging on and upgrading memberships as well. I submitted my membership but its not upgraded yet. I hope that does not affect my registration. I read somewhere you have a few days to get the money in etc. Thank you. Geoffrey

Geoffrey aka CanadianDivingDude

Payments Summary To Date
Extra Days/Nights - Need final night in Truk, probably taking layovers in HNL on both ends of trip
30% Nitrox INCLUDED in Price... TELL US IF CERTIFIED - Yes
Documents SD Waiver - no SD Survey - no SD Ins Summary - no ODYSSEY Waiver (send to SD AFTER we get it) -
Dive Insurance Current - Yes, DAN #1844900

Trip Insurance
b. Will obtain Trip Insurance

Flight Details - HNL <-> TKK booked
UNITED 136 09FEB GUM TKK 745P 935P<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">UNITED 155 17FEB TKK GUM 240A 420A<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">UNITED 200 17FEB GUM HNL 715A 640P (land on 16FEB)<br style="color: rgb(0, 0, 255); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">

DISCOUNTS:

Edited by Geoffrey, 24 May 2013 - 01:52 AM.

#15 HoustonAngelfish

HoustonAngelfish

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

1369177500[/url]' post='309351']
This trip is NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING!!!

When I booked a single room on the Odyssey the price was $3095.why is it $4645 on this trip?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)