• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY: 2014-02: Palau Feb 17-24, 2014 either with Truk or by itself!

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:05 PM

Posted Image Posted Image

Hey gang...we are going back to PALAU!!! You will be able to book Palau by itself or with our Truk Trip. Please see the different routings below. This trip will be opened up this coming week but the dates are firm and pricing is estimated to be about $1500 for 7 nites and 5 days of 3 tank dives/specialty dives/snorkels INCLUDING Jelly Fish Lake and more! Price includes

7 nites Hotel, Palau
Breakfast daily
5 days of 2-tank boat diving including lunch with Fish N Fins
Jellyfish Lake snorkel one afternoon
Chandelier Cave dive one afternoon
2 afternoon third dives
Unlimited tanks for shorediving
Traditional Palau BBQ/Cookout
Nitrox
Logo T-shirt
Tanks, weights and belt included
Transfers and tax included

SNEAK PEEK AT EARLY BOOKING SPECIAL PRICING:

Palau early booking will lock in 2013 pricing. Stay tuned for more details.

NOTE: The flights look like the pkg will be 8/6 pkg vs 7/5 so we have listed the 8/6 pricing as well. I am working on the final *extras* to be added such as JellyFish lake etc. but this is VERY close pricing if booking Palau during the early booking window.

AIR ROUTINGS FOR TRUK AND PALAU:

Please note the following air routings for Palau, Truk & Palau and Truk only. You are free to book ANY routings you like but these will be the group routings. IF YOU PLAN TO ARRIVE EARLY or STAY LATER PLEASE LET US KNOW SO WE CAN SET UP DAY ROOMS AND/OR EXTRA LAND BASED NIGHTS. I will have rates for that shortly and will help people with roommates etc.

Palau Only:

UNITED 003 16FEB LAX HNL 1000A 145P

UNITED 201 16FEB HNL GUM 305P 650P (land on 17FEB)

UNITED 157 17FEB GUM ROR 755P 910P

UNITED 158 24FEB ROR GUM 210A 515A

UNITED 200 24FEB GUM HNL 715A 640P (land on 23FEB)

UNITED 534 23FEB HNL LAX 1010P 526A (land on 24FEB)

Price: $1,811.90 as of 5-1-13 (waiting on refreshed pricing)

Truk & Palau:

UNITED 003 08FEB LAX HNL 1000A 145P

UNITED 201 08FEB HNL GUM 305P 650P (land on 09FEB)

UNITED 136 09FEB GUM TKK 745P 935P

UNITED 155 17FEB TKK GUM 240A 420A (Can get a day room for the 16th and the day in Guam)

UNITED 157 17FEB GUM ROR 755P 910P

UNITED 158 24FEB ROR GUM 210A 515A

UNITED 200 24FEB GUM HNL 715A 640P (land on 23FEB)

UNITED 534 23FEB HNL LAX 1010P 526A (land on 24FEB)

Price $2,544 as of 5-1-13 (waiting on refreshed pricing)

Price $2,370 per person with Visit Mic Pass as of 5-1-13 (waiting on refreshed pricing)

Or you can avoid the hotel night in Truk and full day in Guam by leaving the boat early and flying to Palau on 15FEB. (This means you lose the last day of diving so I will not be doing this again but others are welcome to do so.)

UNITED 154 15FEB TKK GUM 221P 355P

UNITED 185 15FEB GUM ROR 1040P 105A (1 stop in Yap)

Same Price as 5-16 departure

Truk only:

UNITED 155 17FEB TKK GUM 240A 420A

UNITED 200 17FEB GUM HNL 715A 640P (land on 16FEB)

UNITED 534 16FEB HNL LAX 1010P 526A (land on 17FEB)

Price $2,018.90 as of 5-1-13 (waiting on refreshed pricing)

Or

UNITED 172 17FEB TKK HNL 1049A 250A (4 stops on island hopper)

UNITED 460 17FEB HNL LAX 730A 257P

Price $1,876.90 as of 5-1-13 (waiting on refreshed pricing)

SEVERAL PHOTOS COURTESY OF JERRYMXZ & EV780...

Posted Image
Posted Image

And here are some pics from our LAST TRIP!!! Enjoy....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

INTERESTED LIST:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Susan aka Resqdew
3. Wendy aka Sealioness (Palau only)
4. Carla aka rkymtwy
5. John aka John4096
6. Judy aka Skeeter
7. Joni aka Critterwatcher
8. John aka Scubazoned
9. Pascal aka Lephenix
10. John aka John4096
11. Kim aka Kimbuddha
12. Mark aka Capn Jack
13. Marla aka DivingNole

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 12 May 2013 - 05:40 PM

Truk & Palau - - get me on the list for both, please.

For my flights, I'll join you on whatever flights you're taking, let me know what city, date & time I can meet up with you &/or the group. I'm flexible.

Susan

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

Excellent! I am working to lock the final details and get this and Truk open for booking. I'll get you on the notify list. It will be open in the next day or so.
  • WreckWench likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts
  • Board Status:Trying to figure out my next trip...
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Solo Diver, Nitrox, Wreck, Deep
  • Logged Dives:160

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

Excellent! I am working to lock the final details and get this and Truk open for booking. I'll get you on the notify list. It will be open in the next day or so.

If we are doing both trips should we post in this topic or the original Truk Trip topic?

#5 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:48 AM

Taking a quick look at flights..For anyone doing Palau only, I noticed there is a direct flight from Tokyo to Palau on Delta. Creates an interesting mix from cities where you can get a direct flight to Tokyo. From Denver, I can fly Denver->Tokyo->Palau for $1900RT.

I might be able to do the Palau part only. Is there the possibility to check in a day early?

#6 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:57 AM

Take me Take me!!!!
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#7 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:241

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

I Can get RT from Chicago to Houston to Honolulu and end up on the same flights for the rest for $2008. Don't have 2k right now after buying 2 other RT tickets this month but Palau is very tempting. I might have to dip into the emergency trip fund,lol. I think I may have to sit down and plan a budget for next year. I'm getting so excited about diving in all these places. I saw jellyfish lake on survivor years ago. That did it for me. Come on stock market 20,000 new high.Posted Image

Edited by Kimbuddha, 13 May 2013 - 03:38 PM.

If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change.

#8 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 13 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

I Can get RT from Chicago to Houston to Honolulu and end up on the same flights for the rest for $2008. Don't have 2k right now after buying 2 other RT tickets this month but Palau is very tempting. I might have to dip into the emergency trip fund,lol. I think I may have to sit down and plan a budget for next year. I'm getting so excited about diving in all these places. I saw jellyfish lake on survivor years ago. That did it for me. Come on stock market 20,000 new high.Posted Image

Kimbuddha,

Would you mind sharing that flight plan with the flight numbers and airlines? I'm VERY interested since I would be coming from Chicago. If I could get to Honolulu and then on the same flights the rest of the of the way that would be fantastic.

Thank you very much ahead of time!

I keep getting prices for airfare when I look on Kayak for a round trip of the two weeks in the 3-4k range. I must be doing something wrong.

Edited by ScubaTurtle, 13 May 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#9 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:25 AM

If we are doing both trips should we post in this topic or the original Truk Trip topic?

A good question; it appears we will use the Palau topic (this one) to collect templates and payment posts for those either wanting only the Palau package OR combining with the Truk package. Those wanting only the Truk package should post in the Truk topic. :cool2:

However there will be three distinct options in the Payment Gateway for Truk or Palau or a combination of the two. Also there will be three different Special Discussion Forums, when it is deemed time to activate them by the Trip Coordinators, again one each for Truk or Palau or the combination trip.
:diver:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

Yes Brad is right...we'll have a Palau only trip posting and a Truk Only Trip posting and each will offer the Combo or maybe I'll just do 3 trip postings... still working the kinks out.

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Taking a quick look at flights..For anyone doing Palau only, I noticed there is a direct flight from Tokyo to Palau on Delta. Creates an interesting mix from cities where you can get a direct flight to Tokyo. From Denver, I can fly Denver->Tokyo->Palau for $1900RT.

I might be able to do the Palau part only. Is there the possibility to check in a day early?

Yes you can arrive early in Palau...the group will not be there yet but that's ok too!

formerly...

#12 ScubaTurtle

ScubaTurtle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:37 PM

A good question; it appears we will use the Palau topic (this one) to collect templates and payment posts for those either wanting only the Palau package OR combining with the Truk package. Those wanting only the Truk package should post in the Truk topic. Posted Image

However there will be three distinct options in the Payment Gateway for Truk or Palau or a combination of the two. Also there will be three different Special Discussion Forums, when it is deemed time to activate them by the Trip Coordinators, again one each for Truk or Palau or the combination trip.
Posted Image

Dive_Sail,

Thanks. I can agree with the booking templates being separated into different topic forums but as a potential attendee of the trips I would not want to deal with three different special forums as well one other topic for posting general trip information. I would suggest that the special forum be combined for all that are on the trip(s). Not sure how others would feel but having one special forum to go to will be much easier for anyone that is doing both trips and trying to coordinate with people only on either the Truk or Palau.

Just a suggestion.

-ScubaTurtle

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hey gang...the last time we did this we had one trip booking thread for the following options:

1. Truk
2. Palau
3. Truk and Palau
4. Contract Air

However the Palau only participants were VERY much at a disadvantage and many did not realize they could do Palau only since so much focus was on Truk.

This year I'm leaning towards two trip postings .... Truk and Palau. If you are doing both that is fine but MOST people will be doing one or the other and not both. That being said it makes more sense to keep it as two trip postings. At least that is how I am headed with the postings.

formerly...

#14 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 16 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Truk & Palau - - get me on the list for both, please.

For my flights, I'll join you on whatever flights you're taking, let me know what city, date & time I can meet up with you &/or the group. I'm flexible.

Susan

Now that the dates and prices are starting to surface.....($ OUCH!, but worth it!!). I will need to use my airline miles to get myself to HNL. I really like someone else's idea to spend 24hr to look around in HNL, then be ready to join the group flight as it arrives or passes through.

Truk & Palau will be expensive, but I'm doing my budget NOW so I can afford it. Life is too short to keep putting off dream trips such as these.

Susan T

Edited by Resqdew, 16 May 2013 - 02:17 PM.

#15 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 16 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

Also doing my budget now. I'm going to arrive in hnl a day early to visit the USS Arizona. Very high on my bucket list I might add. Then the same itinerary as the last trip. Truk then Palau. The extra day in Truk on arrival to catch up and maybe see some more land based historical sites. A day room in Guam between trips and time for a BX and dive shop run for needed items(chocolate). I for one don't want to mess with a great plan.

If you choose to miss the final day in Truk to go to Palau you will miss the San Francisco Maru, in my 2psi the number 1 or 2 best dive in the lagoon.

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users