• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Age Differences

• Please log in to reply
415 replies to this topic

#16 tankgirl

tankgirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:35 PM

I've always dated younger guys, just because the older ones I've met can't keep up with me. The age difference was never an issue. I would not be adverse to dating one my age or older if he was active and liked doing cool things, but so far I haven't met him. ;)

#17 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....

Posted 07 April 2004 - 10:19 PM

This is an issue near and dear to my heart. I dated a woman for three and a half years. She was fourteen years my senior. It was to the point where people that didn't know we were "involved" thought that we were mother and son near the end as we didn't show much affection in public by then.

My priorities when I met her (I was twenty-eight) were to cover myself with a rock and watch the world go by, so her lifestyle of working hard, but living in a cocoon was fine by me. I eventually got the urge to move and my biological clock started telling me that I didn't want to be on social security raising children later. She loves animals, but can't stand children. We broke up and it was an extremely bitter break-up at the time.

At that point, my priorities totally shifted and I took up diving. The rest... well... you read my posts. I have been involved with a couple of ladies closer to my own age in the short term, but it hasn't worked out.

I blame the break-up and rotten relationship with the "older woman" on the fact that we were at different stages in life. It was poor judgement on the part of both parties. You probably won't see me date that much outside my age group again. But, the fact exists that I am more attracted to women in their late twenties to mid-forties and my range extends more towards the older end than the younger. But, whatever lady winds up with me will find out one thing. "Older ladies" are VERY effective teachers for some things. ;)
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#18 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Board Status:Not on vacation (damn!)
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:You mean I have to log them, too?

Posted 08 April 2004 - 03:02 PM

Kim,

Personally, demographics mean very little to me. if I like someone :iluvu: and they like me, differences in things like age, race, religion, politics etc don't really bother me. :smurf:

My biggest requirement is that the person treats himself and others with kindness and respect. :respect: I do not like a lot of "drama" in a relationship. :banghead: If the person is not kind-hearted, that's a dealbreaker for me.

Other than that, as long as they have a pulse...the rest is negoitiable....hee hee!

Laura

Edited by Laura, 08 April 2004 - 03:04 PM.

WWZD - What Would ZENA Do ??

#19 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:02 PM

Laura...your emoticons are showing!
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#20 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:00 PM

I'm staying with-in my generation. I'm 43 and experiance tells me that someone from 38 to 48 probably will be best for me and her. Shure I want some teeny booper to think I'm cute but thats just good for moral LoL and thats about it!!!

Edited by Bubble2Bubble, 08 April 2004 - 08:01 PM.

Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#21 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:41 PM

I'm staying with-in my generation. I'm 43 and experiance tells me that someone from 38 to 48 probably will be best for me and her. Shure I want some teeny booper to think I'm cute but thats just good for moral LoL and thats about it!!!

So, 5 years on either side, right? (see I can too do math :sweetie: )
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#22 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 08 April 2004 - 08:51 PM

Marvel,

I'm betting B2B looked at your age bracket before he posted his acceptable range.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#23 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 09:17 PM

Marvel,

I'm betting B2B looked at your age bracket before he posted his acceptable range.

Heck, my age is out there for all to see... no secrets here!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#24 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:31 PM

I've never let age be a factor for me... I've been interested in women 35 years my junior to 10 years my senior. What IS a factor are common interests and goals as has been pointed out. I don't want any more children, so many younger women are out of consideration because they do. I generally prefer to date women with 10-15 years of my age, but it's gertting to the point where even some of them can't keep up with me. Therefore most of my dive buddies are females in their late 20's, although I'm not romantically involved with any of them. We enjoy diving and socializing together.

Still looking for that "ultimate dive buddy" though!

Dr. Bill

#25 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 11:57 PM

Marvel,

As is mine!
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#26 wrinkles

wrinkles

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • Cert Level:OW

Posted 09 April 2004 - 01:48 AM

WOW

It seems like i don't fall into anyones category LOL

I think age dosent matter to a point. Well then it actaully would I guess. Oh nevermind I am just proving as to why you want someone in their late 20's and not their early ones. :anna:

Ana

Edited by wrinkles, 09 April 2004 - 02:01 AM.

#27 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 05:07 AM

Marvel,

As is mine!

Hoickey, eh?? Go Sens! (no local team to root for this year)
Marvel

Posted Image

#28 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:29 AM

Marvel,

As is mine!

Hoickey, eh?? Go Sens! (no local team to root for this year)

You mean that they have ice down there? Just kidding, I remember that the Panthers made it to the finals back in the early nineties and have been in the playoffs since.

BTW, my local team won their first playoff game of the season a couple of nights ago.

Ana, the only reason that I would guess late twenties is that I am pretty set in my ways and kind of would like someone who knows what they want out of life. I know that I thought that I did until I tried to settle in with the "older lady" and found out that I actually wanted a certain lifestyle instead of the first woman who would have me. But, I could always be made to change my mind. LOL That is a man's perogative as well as a woman's.

#29 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 09 April 2004 - 07:13 AM

It seems like i don't fall into anyones category LOL

Darlin',

You'd be a wonderful catch for anyone! (you are 2 months older than my oldest - LOL!)

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#30 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 08:20 AM

(you are 2 months older than my oldest - LOL!)

Walter

Good enough!!!
Marvel

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users