• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2014-04: .April 5-6, 2014 PNW Dive Show....NOW IN SEATTLE!

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:09 AM

Thanks Heather! That is great input!

Hey everyone lets pick a place!!! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 SeaLassie

SeaLassie

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:320

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:25 PM

I'm also local but haven't met anyone in the group yet so don't know what you might like. What hotel are you using? How many people are you expecting? You want a bar/restaurant on the waterfront with a view? I don't go to Seattle too often and haven't been to any of the places Heather has listed. Once I get a better feel for what you're looking for I have people I can ask.

Closest to Pier 91 is Palisades (www.palisaderestaurant.com) This place I have been to. Great view, a little $$
Below Palisades is Maggies Bluff (maggiebluffs.com) The view is of the marina, not as good as Palisades but less $.

I love the Edgewater (www.edgewaterhotel.com) The Beatles stayed here in 1964 and fished from their room window! Great view from the water's edge but they don't have happy hour on Saturday. Regular price beer starts at $4 / cocktails $6 / appetizers $8 and up. They do have happy hour/prices on Sunday,

The show ends at 5 on Saturday. Assuming we stay until it closes it's going to be tight to get to a location and get an order in before happy hour prices cut off (usually @ 6).

There may be something better close to your hotel. I'll have my car and can take 4 passengers anywhere you want to go.

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

This is a new venue for us because they moved the show. So anyplace near the show would be great.

Usually we opt for LESS $ venues as our focus is meeting new people and getting some sustenance in us vs eating at Seattle's most trendy places.

Getting to any Happy Hour by a certain time is usually a bit hard but if we send people to scout a table a bit early then we are usually ok.

Normally I never leave a show early but this year I can make an exception so we are free to choose a place...any place at anytime.

We do need to be sure there is good parking available and preferably more moderately priced. Afterall why spend money on food when you can spend it on DIVING!!! :lol:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 SeaLassie

SeaLassie

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:36 PM

Parking for the show lot is $10 a day or a 3 day pass for $25

Parking for Maggies Bluff or Palisades is free.

Parking for the Edgewater is valet for a flat $6.

All of the places Heather listed have websites too. Check out the menus. If you're interested in one of those let me know and I'll check out the parking situation.

My vote is Maggies Bluff or Palisades on Saturday and Edgewater on Sunday. Only because I know of them and they are easy to get to. When do you fly out?

Pier 91 is at the North end of the waterfront kind of off by itself away from the downtown waterfront if that makes any sense!

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

You've done well SeaLassie! And :thankyou:

formerly...

#21 Sundancediver

Sundancediver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:44 PM

Wow. I almost forgot all about this. I only saw it from an email from DAN. I can only go on Saturday and Tom is debating. My mom just got tickets for us to go to a show on Sunday. I need to find out where and when this is. I am not sure if I will stay too late for a happy hour. I would prefer dinner if anything. So if you choose a place that has food it would be helpful. I have a 2 hour trip to get home. It will be fun to see you! Looking forward to it.

#22 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,065 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 31 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

Wow. I almost forgot all about this. I only saw it from an email from DAN. I can only go on Saturday and Tom is debating. My mom just got tickets for us to go to a show on Sunday. I need to find out where and when this is. I am not sure if I will stay too late for a happy hour. I would prefer dinner if anything. So if you choose a place that has food it would be helpful. I have a 2 hour trip to get home. It will be fun to see you! Looking forward to it.

Hi Cindy, we hope you and Tom will be able to make it at least for Saturday. :angel2: I have updated the top post with your information and hope Sealassie or The Wench will be able to tell you whether the Happy Hour location they have selected will suffice as a dining venue. :)
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:09 PM

:( It's OFFICIAL...doc says no flying for 3 weeks...the crud I have has extended past a cold. :tears:

Got some crud that has developed into something more thanks to so many flights and a back to back trip and tradeshow.

So I will be cancelling the show this weekend despite REALLY WANTING TO BE THERE!!!

Hopefully the peeps wanting to the the Happy Hour will still get together to meet each other!

And I can call in via phone so I can be there with you at least in spirit.

Wishing the news were better.... Kamala

formerly...

#24 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:15 PM

:( It's OFFICIAL...doc says no flying for 3 weeks...the crud I have has extended past a cold. :tears:
Got some crud that has developed into something more thanks to so many flights and a back to back trip and tradeshow.
So I will be cancelling the show this weekend despite REALLY WANTING TO BE THERE!!!
Hopefully the peeps wanting to the the Happy Hour will still get together to meet each other!
And I can call in via phone so I can be there with you at least in spirit.
Wishing the news were better.... Kamala

Just rest and get better! We'll handle things for a bit. :angel2: Thaaat's right... feet up... tissues... Blank-eee... :ninja: Nurse Ninja to keep you offline and off the phone for a while...
  • WreckWench likes this
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for the smile Brad! LOL! :teeth:

Trust me...I work for 30 minutes and pass out for 60. The ninja nurse is doing her work! ;)

formerly...

#26 SeaLassie

SeaLassie

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

Disappointed..Posted Image I was looking forward to meeting this Wench person! All the recycled air on planes will keep you sick. The doc is right, stay on the ground and breathe some clean air. Hope you are feeling better soon. See ya in Roatan.

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Disappointed..Posted Image I was looking forward to meeting this Wench person! All the recycled air on planes will keep you sick. The doc is right, stay on the ground and breathe some clean air. Hope you are feeling better soon. See ya in Roatan.

It would be great for the local group to meet one another...hopefully you all can still do the Happy Hour! I'll ask oceanlover to host it for us! :cool1:

formerly...

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

IMPORTANT HAPPY HOUR UPDATE:

I spoke to Heather aka oceanlover and we ARE ON FOR THE HAPPY HOUR at Maggie's Bluff on SATURDAY! Please do not leave drinking by herself.

Please call me at 864-557-6079 if you can go and I'll connect you with Heather who will be there from 5:30 to 6:30 FOR SURE!!!

She will try to find her SingleDivers.com shirt so you can find her! Or she will have a sign and will wear a green baseball cap!

Hopefully Cindy and Tom will be able to join her... SHE IS A BLAST as are Cindy and Tom and I'm guessing Ellen aka SeaLassis is too!

SO call me and I'll give you each others numbers and you all can meet and have a great time!!!

formerly...

#29 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,065 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:38 AM

Late breaking news! Local PNW SingleDivers.com member Jane aka Diverge has signaled interest in joining the Happy Hour tonight! I included Heather, Cindy and Ellen as BCC recipients in the reply I sent Jane with Happy Hour information from this topic. :cool2:

I am impressed to see these hardy SingleDivers.com PNW ladies carrying on the the HH tradition! :diver: Hope everyone has a great time!

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:49 AM

YEA!!! :cheerleader:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users