• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Sipadan - Malasian Borneo

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sschronic

sschronic

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW; DrySuit
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 18 August 2013 - 07:20 PM

Does anyone have any recommendations for Sipadan in Malaysia (East Coast Borneo)

I understand that there are a restricted # of permits each day, & that companies award these passes by lottery or will only give them out after you've dived the other sites they offer for a day or two. I am only planning one or two diving days, and frankly I don't want to take the risk. As far as I can see, the only company to offer a guaranteed pass is the "Borneo Global Sipadan Backpackers" - though I am seeing mixed reviews for them on some travel sites. One recommendation universally given is to book ahead.... but nothing points to *where*.

I'll be travelling in the fall, so not high season (diving sometime from Oct28-Nov05) & I figured I'd check with the singledivers forum; does anyone have any recommendations?

Thank you in advance for any insight you can provide,

Sarah.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users