• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY ...2014-10: Oct 18 - 25 AND Oct 25- Nov 1, 2014 Roatan BASHES!!! With Edge & WreckDiving Magazine!!!

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

#31 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 23 January 2014 - 09:48 AM

If I go, I'll be in for week two (I'm about 65% sure I'm going right now). The diving costume contest sounds fun - but do you have ideas? I suck at costume contest ideas and the underwater dimension is not likely to help my (un)creative streak.

gwyn

Hello Gwym, I updated your notification details in Post #1 to reflect Week Two only. :thankyou: for joining the trip! Check the Galleries for past Halloween Costume party photos, our members are quite creative and you may discover inspiration there! :)
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#32 SassyLilCutie

SassyLilCutie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Board Status:I NEED the Caymans...
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 25 January 2014 - 04:23 PM

I'm interested in both weeks.
Posted Image

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 26 January 2014 - 05:04 AM

This is a great trip for a newer diver! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#34 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:19 PM

Shelly we have you on the Notify list for both weeks. :diver: :diver: We're impressed with your enthusiastic participation with Kamala's trips!. :thankyou: Remember if you are interested in refining fundamentals as well as picking up great tips most dive courses overlook, her Rent-a-Buddy Program is a great resource for getting off on the right foot... er... fin! :teeth:
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#35 SassyLilCutie

SassyLilCutie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Board Status:I NEED the Caymans...
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 26 January 2014 - 12:52 PM

Shelly we have you on the Notify list for both weeks. Posted Image Posted Image We're impressed with your enthusiastic participation with Kamala's trips!. Posted Image Remember if you are interested in refining fundamentals as well as picking up great tips most dive courses overlook, her Rent-a-Buddy Program is a great resource for getting off on the right foot... er... fin! Posted Image

... Did I mention that I'm Posted Image SUPER ANXIOUS Posted Image to go on my first dive trip?!?! I wish I could go on one next month but I don't think that will be feasible.

How/Where can I get info on the Rent-a-Buddy Program?

Edited by SassyLilCutie, 26 January 2014 - 12:52 PM.

Posted Image

#36 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 01:17 PM

Shelly we have you on the Notify list for both weeks. Posted Image Posted Image We're impressed with your enthusiastic participation with Kamala's trips!. Posted Image Remember if you are interested in refining fundamentals as well as picking up great tips most dive courses overlook, her Rent-a-Buddy Program is a great resource for getting off on the right foot... er... fin! Posted Image

... Did I mention that I'm Posted Image SUPER ANXIOUS Posted Image to go on my first dive trip?!?! I wish I could go on one next month but I don't think that will be feasible.
How/Where can I get info on the Rent-a-Buddy Program?

Kamala's unique Rent-a-Buddy program is an offered feature on practically every trip. Everyone submits dive background information in the Rooming/Diving Survey which we solicit one from every diver for every trip as part of the Documents Bundle. Using that data plus any additional input you may wish to include, for a nominal fee Kamala buddies you with a Master Diver and above (usually a certified dive instructor, and often Kamala herself) to observe/offer feedback on your demonstrated dive practices. The object is to assist you in rapidly improving any facet of dive fundamentals such as buoyancy, in-water position and general horizontal attitude, best us of fins, and other techniques their practiced eye would catch and work with you to improve in post-dive discussions.

All you have to do is include the request for a rent a Buddy in the booking Template you post in the trip thread when you pay in and join a trip. If you are unsure, simply post an individual reply in the trip topic when it opens expressing an interest in the Rent a Buddy program and your friendly assigned Trip Coordinator will be happy help out! :diver:

#37 CoralReefer

CoralReefer

"FireWire"...Director of Endless Smiles!

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:339

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hey hey. Explorer just told me he's 'in' for Roatan for Halloween week!! Who dares to join us for some ghoulish fun?
Living and DIVING in 3/4 time!

#38 scubaclint

scubaclint

People are Getting to Know Me

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Solo Diver
  • Logged Dives:346

Posted 01 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

Hey hey. Explorer just told me he's 'in' for Roatan for Halloween week!! Who dares to join us for some ghoulish fun?

GREAT! The more the merrier. :)

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:04 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Due to conditions of our marketing agreement with WreckDiving Magazine and Hog/Edge Dive Gear...we are pleased to announce that we will be opening this trip up ASAP!!! (Yes even before I open trips that occur earlier than this one!)

So get your premier membership updated asap cuz we'll have some amazing specials for our members but a small window to capitalize on them.

The pricing will be as follows with some WICKED early booking specials and even MORE WICKED prizes for not one but two costume contests... one ABOVE water and one BELOW water! Yes you heard it right...we'll be sponsoring an 'UNDERWATER" contest this year as well as our traditional above water fanfare! AND we'll have both contests EACH WEEK! So you can compete once or twice or all 4 times if you are doing both weeks! :wakawaka:

HERE ARE THE COSTUME THEMES:

Week One Oct 18-25, 2014

Above Water: "Hog Wild"
Below Water: Anything Goes (meaning no theme...just your own imagination & originality)

Week Two Oct 25 - Nov 1, 2014

Above Water: "Get Wrecked"
Below Water: Anything Goes (meaning no theme...just your own imagination & originality)

AND HERE IS 2014's PRICING:

$1259 d/o Diver
$1027 d/o Non-Diver
$1491 s/o Diver
$1259 s/o Non-Diver

So stay tuned for MORE DETAILS coming soon and for sign ups to start happening ASAP!!!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#40 SeaLassie

SeaLassie

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:320

Posted 24 February 2014 - 11:40 AM

Please add me to the list for both weeks.

#41 scubaclint

scubaclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:32 PM

Please add me to the list for both weeks.

I've got you listed, Ellen! :)

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

Get your premier membership updated...this trip will be opened very soon as part of our marketing arrangements!

formerly...

#43 Jaque

Jaque

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Logged Dives:301

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:46 AM

I am interested, at least the second week and maybe both weeks. Please let me know when the trip opens for booking.

#44 scubaclint

scubaclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

I am interested, at least the second week and maybe both weeks. Please let me know when the trip opens for booking.

I've got you listed for notification! :)

#45 Dave L

Dave L

People are starting to get to know me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Nitrox/Decompression
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:04 PM

Put me on the list for both weeks. Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users