• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Fruit , Berry, Veggie Extracts???

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:43 PM

Hey W.W. I heard you talking to Katherine the Massage Therapist, about the Fruit, Berry and Veggie, Extracts, and we talked for a few monments on the cell. My son Chris Is ADHD, and I would like to know some nore info on it and the cost , how many and when to take. The amount of the Discussion I heard, while packing up for the 385 mile trip home, sounded interresting, but I just had to get on the road for the trip home.
So More info please! We are on the Flax Seed, and can tell a differance, but His diet is not the best , esp, at school, he hates the school food , and only eats his favorite food, French fries. So I need something to help support his lack of eating at school. He will eat some Veggies, And I try to cook them at night to get something good in him. Thanks
:D

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 November 2004 - 04:24 PM

Hey Sonny...I'm glad to hear that you are doing well on the flaxseed. It is indeed helpful for ADHD as well as ADD and a host of other disorders that have synaptic nerve response problems.

As for the concentrated fruit, vegetable and berry extracts...you are right...they certainly help us obtain the recommended 7-9 servings of RAW fresh, vine ripened, herbicide, pesticide, and contaminant free fruits, veggies and berries that we need to eat DAILY!

Sadly the average American consumes only 1.5 servings of fruits veggies and berries daily. And if you subtract french fries from that list then most Americans only average .5 servings of produce daily.

In the past few years we've seen the USDA recommended daily allowance rise from 3-5 servings...to 5-7 servings...to 5-9 servings...to 7-9 servings and its soon to rise to 9-12 servings like Canada. Why does it keep rising? Mostly because despite knowing how important fruits and veggies are for us...we are consuming less and less. The less we consume as a population the more health issues we face as a country. Type 2 diabetes (all diet related) is in epidemic proportions. Allergies and asthma affect most of our children and almost as many adults...both of which are due to compromised immune systems. Obesity is a HUGE problem in this country (yes pun intended!) :dance: and 12 year olds represent the largest growing segment of obesity in the US. :diver:

But its worse then that... :diver:

1500 of us die from cancer every day.
1 in 3 women and 1 in 2 men will have cancer in his or her lifetime.
1 in 8 American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer.
Heart Disease (mostly diet related) kills more women then breast cancer.
1.1 million Americans have a heart attack every year.
500,000 heart attack victims in America die each year.
23% of Americans have hypertension.
Americans spend $330 BILLION per year on heart disease.
64% of U.S. adults are overweight or obese.
Diabetes will increase over 165% over the next 5 years, with 29 million Americans diagnosed.
33% of Americans suffer from arthritis.

And our children will be the first generation of Americans to live LESS then their parents. Why?

Cancer kills more children each year than any other disease.
By age 3, children have fatty deposits in their arteries.
By age 12, 70% have developed beginning stages of hardening of the arteries.
1 in 4 children are obese.
Obesity has doubled in children in the last 20 years
Nearly 50% of obese adolescents remain obese as adults.
In the last 20 years, Type 2 diabetes has increased in children 10-fold.
Over 8 million children have asthma, up 232% in the last 40 years.
7% of school age children are diagnosed with ADHD.
Less than 7% of children and adolescents consume 2 servings of fruit and 3 servings of vegetables per day. Or in other words...over 94% of our children and teens do not consume even the minimalist amounts of fruits and veggies.

Why are we so unhealthy?

1. Lack of knowledge as to how vital our diet it to our health.
2. Not eating enough 'good' food
3. Eating too much 'bad' food
4. Not drinking enough water (Americans are so chronically dehydrated that 87% of us misinterpret thirst for hunger and eat when we are really thirsty.)
5. Lack of exercise
6. Stressful lifestyles
7. Environmental factors
8. Philosophy in life towards food and medicine. Do you eat poorly and expect a pill to make you well? Or do you eat wisely hoping to never need pills?

What can you do about it?

to be continued...

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 06:52 PM

What can we do about our diets and our health?

For starters recognize that its getting harder and harder to eat right even if we want too. Why?

1. Two-income families make it harder for people to eat home cooked, nutritious meals.
2. Limited time for meals and long transit or commute times makes eating properly extremely difficult.
3. Lack of healthy food choices limits our ability to eat well.
4. No longer growing our own food namely fruits, veggies and berries means we have to rely on others to do it for us. It also means that we no longer eat fresh, vine ripened, pesticide free tasty produce.
5. Typical grocery store produce has been picked 'green' so that it can be shipped all over the world without spoiling. Then it is 'gassed' to force 'ripening' or more accurately...'softening'. Our produce is missing most of its nutritional value as 85% of the nutritional value of a fruit, veggie or berry occurs in the last 5 days of vine ripening. AND much of our produce is grown outside of our borders where DDT and other harmful products are still used.
6. Not understanding the freezing fruits and veggies destroys vital nutrients. And that cooking fruits and veggies destroys nutrients. And processing fruits and berries destroys nutrients. So choosing a processed fruit, veggie or berry just means we need even MORE servings of RAW fruits and veggies and berries to make up for it.

Ok seriously what can I do?

Well if you truly want to improve your health by eating a healthier diet then obviously you have to increase the number of fruits, veggies and produce that you consume in your diet. This can be done in a number of ways.

1. Choose several pieces of fruit rather then a bagel or cereal (nothing but simple carbs which convert to simple sugars immediately and get stored as fat.)

2. If you must eat some carbs for breakfast choose a 'COMPLEX' carb such as a real 'whole grain' product that still contains the original fiber. When you eat a complex carb the fiber slows the conversion down so that the carb is converted to glycogen which is used as immediate energy by the body rather then simple sugar that is stored as fat. A GREAT source of complex carbs full of its natural fiber is flaxseed. Grind 2 T and add to juice and you'll have an energy drink that will hold you completely until noon!

3. Or make a breakfast smoothie...take your flaxseed ground, add juice, several pieces of fruit, with ice cubes and blend until you have a delicious and nutritious breakfast shake. (This can also be substituted for dinner as well!)

4. For lunch or dinner choose a salad or something 'raw' vs. the traditional choices. Make the salad with spinach as lettuce has NO nutrition value...even the darker green versions of lettuce. Vary the salad so its not boring. Do NOT smother it with so much dressing that you defeat the purpose of the eating the salad in the first place. Be sure to add LOTS of different veggies...cabbage, squash, etc. You'll be surprised how great they taste in a salad. Add RAW nuts (cooked nuts have been destroyed nutritionally and are harmful for you but RAW nuts are extremely healthy for you); add raisins; add small amounts of meat such as fish, chicken, etc.; or add a sprinkle of cheese for variety. Just keep the veggies as the primary ingredients in the salad or else you have defeated the purpose.

5. For lunch or dinner choose lightly steamed veggies sprinkled with Mexican Spices or other herbs to spice them up a bit. If you mix a diversity of veggies you'll get lots of quantity as well as nutritional umph!

6. Choose a live food over a dead food. Choose plant based products over animal based products. Limit animal based products to 'condiments' rather then the entire meal.

The more often you make these simple choices...the more control you'll have over your health. And even if you make all of these choices you still may want or need some additional help to offset years of not eating properly or to offset looming or current health issues or to just 'pump up' your nutritional regime!

This is where the concentrated fruit, veggie and berry extracts come in.

To be continued....

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 01:56 PM

Ok....so many of you say...I'd eat more fruits and veggies if I could just take them in a pill? If we can put a man on the moon...why can't we put veggies in a pill????

Ok so here's the problem with that? Do you know how many UNIQUELY DIFFERENT nutrients are in one peice of fruit? Let's take an apple which is the most studied peice of fruit known to man.

Guess how many uniquely different nutrients are in ONE apple????

Go ahead and guess???

p.s. guess HIGH!!!!

formerly...

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 12:13 PM

Ok I had the following guesses:

And the answer is.....

10,000 unique different nutrients in one apple. We have named 600 of them so far but have not named the other 9400 yet because we don't know what they do. In order to name a nutrient you must know what it does in the body! So as smart as we are...we still pale by comparison to nature or god regarding food and nutrition!

So what can you do?

formerly...

#6 Marion1336

Marion1336

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:43

Posted 15 November 2004 - 04:48 PM

Ok, you've got my curiosity peaked. What exactly are in these fruit, veggie & berry extracts?
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
-David Viscott

#7 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:17 PM

Distant relatives, but we try not to talk about 'em in mixed company.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#8 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 15 November 2004 - 05:36 PM

Question: I am now taking the fruit, berry, veggie capsules. Can I reduce the amount of these I eat, and get my calories from protein? Since I am also taking the flax seed I'm getting fiber. Since I am trying to lose weight, reducing the fruit, veggie intake would allow me to reduce the calories.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

Question: I am now taking the fruit, berry, veggie capsules. Can I reduce the amount of these I eat, and get my calories from protein? Since I am also taking the flax seed I'm getting fiber. Since I am trying to lose weight, reducing the fruit, veggie intake would allow me to reduce the calories.

Jill weight loss is not all about calories. You MUST consume good calories in order to BURN calories and fuel and protect the body in the process. Let me explain.

Q. Would you think that someone consuming 10,000 calories a day could lose weight on that number of calories? Would you think that someone consuming only 900 calories a day could gain weight on that number of calories?

A. The answer is yes...I know people who lose weight on 10,000 calories a day. Hint...our very own ZD. I also know people who gain weight on a mere 900 calories. Here's why...

Lets' say you are consuming 1200 calories a day. You drop to 1000 a day in order to lose weight. Initially your body will compensate for the 200 calorie loss by burning stored calories (usually from lean body mass and not fat). However the body will soon realize that this calorie reduction is permanent and it will not canabilize itself forever so the body will become more effecient and now function as it was but on only 1000 calories a day. After awhile you realize that you aren't losing anymore 'weight' so you drop your calorie intake again to 900 calories. Now your body goes thru the same cycle and for awhile it will burn the additional 100 calories it needs from stored fuel. However it will soon realize you are straving it and prepare for the famine by getting more efficient again...this time on 900 calories. So you drop to 800 calories and repeat the cycle. Pretty soon you get burned out and you can't maintain the 800 calories a day so you go back to 1000 which is more then you are consuming now but less then when you started this whole diet ordeal. Guess what? Now you are GAINING weight on 1000 or even 1100 calories a day.

Sooooooooo the answer is NOT to reduce your calorie intake but rather change the quality of the calories you are consuming. Let me ask it to you this way?

What size do you want to be? Let's say for our purposes you choose size 6. Do you really care how much you weigh if you are a size 6? Seriously...do you care if you weigh 90 lbs, 100 lbs or even 130 or more as long as you are a size 6? The trick is to BUILD lean body mass via exercise and GOOD EATING HABITS and not worry what the scales say. (Lean body mass aka muscle is created via exercise OR good nutrition. I have a very lean body mass index but I NEVER exercise like I should and usually not at all. How do I do it? I do it via extreme nutrition!)

So to more directly answer your question. Fruits, veggies and berries are the ONLY diet components that fight disease, prevent accelerated aging...including wrinkles, keep your body healthy to exercise, live and work as you please when you please. You should NEVER stop eating them under any circumstances EVEN if you are able to supplement with something like the fruit, veggie and berry extracts that I believe so much in.

As for protein...most people consume FAR TOO MUCH protein in their diets and too many SIMPLE carbs. They need to eat PLANT BASED protein whenever possible ie.. beans, soy, flaxseed, etc. and then fish and then red blooded animal based protein. They need to eat COMPLEX CARBS for fuel and energy and brain functioning and healing of the body. Complex carbs are fruits, berries, veggies, whole grains, and yes flaxseed. And they need to eat a diet HIGH IN FIBER. Yep...Flaxseed is SUPER HIGH on that list. So are those fruits & veggies you want to eliminate from your diet (so please don't) as are beans and soy.

p.s. I'll look over the food diary you sent me to make specific recommendations for you. -ww

formerly...

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:16 PM

Ok, you've got my curiosity peaked. What exactly are in these fruit, veggie & berry extracts?

Basically they are 26 different whole fruits, veggies and berries that have been juiced to release all the nutrition (thousands of nutrients per fruit, veggie or berry) and then flash dried in low temps to preserve the enzymes while removing water, sugar, and salt and encapsulating all the nutritional essence of the produce in a simple to swallow capsule. You take 2 of the fruit, vegetable and berry capsules daily which are the equivalent of 8.5 pounds of RAW, vine ripened, pesticide free, herbicide free, and contaminant free FRESH produce daily from 26 different nutrient dense fruits, veggies and berries. For about $2 a day you can not buy 8.5 lbs of fruits and veggies and berries and even if you could you'd still have to clean them, prepare them, eat them and then throw them out when they become science projects! LOL!!!

But seriously, the real advantage besides convenience and that fact that it is virtually impossible to consume so many pounds of produce daily is that you'll end up consuming over 250 lbs a month of fresh, nutrient dense produce most of which you'd probably NEVER eat on your own. But look what happens to your body when you do.

In the first 28 days you'll have a 33% increase in your overall immune functions...that means your immune system will be that much stronger to fight off everything from the common cold to allergies to asthma to cancer. You'll have a 66% reduction in damage to your DNA. If you DNA replicates itself perfectly 66% more of the time then you are less likely to develop cancer and other debilitating diseases. And you'll have significant increases in key antioxidants KNOWN to fight or prevent cancer and many other health issues plaguing Americans today because we eat so poorly. Anywhere from a 53% to over 2000% increase!

I have not found anything else like it nor have I found the medical research that backs up anyone's claims like this product has. It is easy to take, it is very inexpensive and it is proven. What more could you ask for?

formerly...

#11 Marion1336

Marion1336

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:43

Posted 15 November 2004 - 07:26 PM

Kamala,

Please tell me how I can get the extracts. :2cool:

Thanks!
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
-David Viscott

#12 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 15 November 2004 - 10:35 PM

Doing my BirdSeed Uhhhh Flax Seed, 2 tablespoons twice a day, Got my Extracts in last Friday and Doing them, drinking lots of water, so I will not feel like Kevin,So now When I hit my birthday I wil not get older, I will be bouncing off the wall Like W.W> when I come up for Happy Hour., and chasing the girls like crazy :blink: because I will be felling like I'm still my 20's :wacko:
:cool1: :dance: :dance: my ass off, at the party. Just letting everyone know why and I'm not on Drugs, for Feeling So young on W.W. 's Health Plan. Will it help me grow my hair back also??? :banghead: Yes and before you say it W.W. I'm just not right, Well I never was!!!!

:lmao:

#13 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 15 November 2004 - 11:47 PM

Well I didn't take any flax seed or extracts and I didn't stay at Holiday Inn express either.

#14 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 16 November 2004 - 12:17 AM

Kamala,

Please tell me how I can get the extracts. :banghead:

Thanks!

Sure! A 4-month supply will be shipped directly to your home to ensure that you get fresh product that has not been sitting on a shelf in a grocery store for who knows how long. (A month's supply equals 1 bottle each of the fruits, berries and veggies.) You will pay for 1 month at a time which is $66 a month but you will be sent an additional 3 months supply in good faith. They do this to save on shipping costs and some people decide to share the product with others or increase to 3 of each vs. the standard 2 of each. (I personally do 4 of each due to some health issues I currently fight as well as I am privately insured so the extra $60 per month is VERY cheap insurance for me. That and the fact that my gene pool is like a cess pool!)

You can have your checking account drafted each month for the $66 or you can put it on a credit card and it will be charged the same each month. I place the order for you as well as help you with any cancellations or returns.

You can cancel at anytime however you are strongly encouraged to do at least a 4 month's supply as you replace 25% of your blood supply every 30 days. So at the end of 120 days you'll have replaced all of your blood with the thousands and thousands of nutrients from whole fruits and veggies! And in a total of six months you'll have replaced EVERY CELL in your body with thousands and thousands of vital nutrients.

Tell me the last time your doctor recommended that someone take a 'multi-vitamin' when they discovered cancer or other serious disease? No they recommend you eat MORE fruits and veggies! This is the easiest way I've discovered to add significant quantities of fresh produce to my diet...especially the stuff I won't eat like kale, beets, elderberries, etc!

formerly...

#15 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 16 November 2004 - 04:25 PM

Kamala,

Please tell me how I can get the extracts. :cool1:

Thanks!

All ya gotta do is PM me!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users