• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION ONLY 2014-08: BEST OF FLORIDA! Boynton & Jupiter! Aug 22-30, 2014

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

A few more shots from last year...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#47 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

And a few more teasers...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#48 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 09 July 2014 - 11:46 AM

At the beginning of this thread, you mentioned lionfish hunting.

Let me update people on the new regulations for lionfish in Florida.

• You do NOT need a fishing license for lionfish.
  • There is NO LIMIT on how many you can take.
  • They taste pretty dang good (I like them and I don't even eat fish!)
Official information at Florida Fish & Wildlife Commission

• The FWC encourages divers, anglers and commercial harvesters to safely remove lionfish they encounter in order to help control the numbers of these invasive fish. Removing lionfish can help Florida's native marine species and habitats.
  • Local control efforts have proven to be effective. Lionfish can be speared, caught in hand-held nets or caught on hook and line. There is no recreational or commercial harvest bag limit for lionfish.

• It is legal to eat lionfish and it is served in many restaurants.
  • The U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services and the Florida Department of Health have not issued statements on eating lionfish.
  • The flesh of the lionfish is not poisonous or venomous, and is considered to be of excellent quality by most who try it.
  • Venom in spines is neutralized by heat.
  • To learn more about your health and consuming fish visit the Florida Department of Health and the Food and Drug Administration.

• Prohibiting the importation of live lionfish;
  • Allowing the harvest of lionfish when diving with a rebreather, a device that recycles air and allows divers to remain in the water for longer periods of time; and
  • Increasing opportunities that will allow participants in approved tournaments and other organized events to spear lionfish or other invasive species in areas where spearfishing is not allowed. This will be done through a permitting system.
Learn more.

Licensing Requirements
A recreational fishing license is not required for recreational fishers targeting lionfish while using a pole spear, a Hawaiian Sling, a handheld net or any spearing device that is specifically designed and marketed exclusively for lionfish.
A recreational fishing license (unless exempt) is required for all other methods of harvesting lionfish including hook and line.

The sale of commercially harvested lionfish requires a saltwater products license.

A permit is required to harvest lionfish in the no-take zones of the Florida Keys National Marine Sanctuary. Permits are issued by the Sanctuary following training given by the Sanctuary and the Reef Environmental Education Foundation (REEF).

Edited by Racer184, 09 July 2014 - 11:48 AM.

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 05:48 AM

Thanks Alan...that is great news! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#50 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

1404908918[/url]' post='319387']
Hey all,.,,. if all goes well this should be opened today as I am back in the office. The schedule is the first 3 days are Boynton Beach with TURTLES GALORE and just about everything else either am and/oor pm and the last 3 days are Jupiter for the massive jew fish and SHARKS either am and/or pm.

Just checking to see when the trip will be posted. I didn't want to make flight reservations or request vacation until everything was finalized.

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#51 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

All is finalized...the only delay is the price for the diving in Jupiter is for 3 dives vs 2 in the am and 2 in the afternoon. I just realized that when I was about ready to post this. That being said...the price will be LESS than what I originally anticipated so I can post the pricing with the error KNOWING it will be less so people can lock in. Kamala

formerly...

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

CORRECTION...looks like I will have the correct pricing a bit later today. I'll just plug it in and go with it correct...much less confusion and typing for me. HOWEVER if I do not get the pricing as planned I'll just go with what I have ans we'll adjust the price downwards as soon as we know what it ends up being. :thankyou:

formerly...

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:57 AM

UPDATE:

Here is how we are doing Best of Florida this year...

We will dive with our friends Craig of Starfish in Boynton/Delray Beach/WPB area for the first 3 days Aug 23-25 and Randy of Emerald Charters in Jupiter for the last 3 days Aug 26-28.

Each operator will take a max of 13 bookings on each boat. (Emerald normally takes 15 divers but has pre-sold two spots to Terri and Diego...friends of SingleDivers.com but uber regulars of Emerald Charters so they can join us in Jupiter!) :cool1:/>

We will run a morning track of 2 dives in both Boynton & Jupiter and an afternoon optional track of 2 dives in Boynton and 3 dives in Jupiter ...the 3rd being a dusk/night dive. :wakawaka:/> Assuming the tides are cooperative we'll do a dusk dive at BHB (Blue Heron Bridge) during the first part of trip so that would give you a potentially 5th dive one add'l day.

We are hoping to increase the number of people able to join our trip by offering essentially 2 trips in one...i.e. morning or afternoon BUT we also understand that people LOVE the idea of getting in 4-5 dives a day...after all...we are DIVERS so who wouldn't want to do liveaboard diving even if not on a liveaboard!!!

In order to keep utter chaos from ensuing...we are going to fill the am track first THEN add the afternoon track as either an option or as your main pkg sign up IF the am spots are filled. This will ensure we fill the boat in the am solidly before proceeding to the afternoon where the number of spots varies on a couple of days. If you TRULY ONLY want to dive the afternoon we can work with that but we can't let you choose to do am for 1 day then pm for 1 day and mix it up randomly like that.

So start thinking about if you want to do only 2 dives or if you want to do 4-5 dives.

One more thought....

Most dive operators REQUIRE advanced open water or similar when diving on wrecks or when diving Jupiter soooooooo we will once again offer a STEAL OF A DEAL for anyone needing to get Advanced Open Water certified (must be done during the first 3 days) or for anyone wanting to get Nitrox certified...HIGHLY RECOMMENDED if doing more than 2 dives a day AND REQUIRED if doing more than 2 dives in Jupiter as the nitrox loading at the average dive depths will prevent you from getting in a 3rd dive is only diving air.

So DON'T be scared off if you don't have your advanced c-card or nitrox card...BUT NOW IS THE TIME TO GET IT!!!

So remember...if doing more than 2 dives a day then you MUST DIVE NITROX.
If diving the wrecks in Boynton especially the Castor you'll need to be AOW or equivalent or if diving Jupiter you need to have your AOW or similar or of course a higher certification level.

This will keep you safe and ensure you are NOT in over your head....literally! kamala

formerly...

#54 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:17 AM

This trip is NOW OPEN HERE!!!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users