• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Where is everyone diving this weekend!!??

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 FlIrishman

FlIrishman

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NTIROX - 500 DIVES, East Florida Coast wreck, reef and beach diving
  • Logged Dives:500

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:52 AM

I'll be in a frigid cold lake teaching rescue seeing only things that summer swimmers, lake goers and fisherman have left behind - blech...I'm the one needing rescuing!

frigid cold lake - GOD!!!

I'll either be going for bugs out of Jupiter or out of West Palm on Narcosis! I hear the water temp is in the 79 deg - time to put on the Farmer John and beenie cap! At least the air temps is still in the 80's!

Ohhh, how we hate living in Florida.
Geo / The Irishman
P.S. Next week is vacation time in Marathon - The Florida Keys! Kayak diving for lobster, rum on the beach, cycling, eating, sun worshiping, etc etc etc

#32 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 19 November 2004 - 11:10 AM

Now, now Geo- it's really not nice of us to torture our fellow members in the oceanless/colder areas. 'Course, they could all move down here! :cool1:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#33 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 19 November 2004 - 01:54 PM

Well, definitely diving- probably in the side yard but I'm thinking about a boat dive as well. Winds are out of the east today- they're not strong but definitely impact beach diving adversely- current, surge, visibility.

Call me if you want to join us! Sea's should be less than 2' :cool1:
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#34 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 19 November 2004 - 02:45 PM

Hey! For the record, two weekends ago I took a visiting Jupiter, FL Divemaster diving up here! She loved it and got to see many of our amazing critters including our distinctive wolfeels and a beautiful female Giant Pacific Octopus on eggs!

Posted Image
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#35 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:12 PM

I'll be in a frigid cold lake ...I'm the one needing rescuing!

oh oh oh oh,

a damsel in distress and in need of rescue.

:welcome:

hehehe and she is gonna be in cold water

heheh

oh i could go on........

oh hell, why not.

need me to hump your doubles ???

Edited by BradfordNC, 19 November 2004 - 07:13 PM.

OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#36 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 19 November 2004 - 07:46 PM

All rightty then Mr. BradfordNC, get your drysuit clad but in gear and be prepared for something cold and soon to be doubled 85's (I wanted smaller, but the boys said no....hmm I see a pattern forming here...).

Once again I am reminded what a tease you are half a world away!

I'll be thinking of all you land-locked non-water accessible people this weekend while I'm thrashing about it my cold unexciting lake! :usflag:

And you Florida people, you're just plain mean! :welcome:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#37 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 19 November 2004 - 09:23 PM

All rightty then Mr. BradfordNC, get your drysuit clad but in gear and be prepared for something cold and soon to be doubled 85's (I wanted smaller, but the boys said no....hmm I see a pattern forming here...).

Once again I am reminded what a tease you are half a world away!

I'll be thinking of all you land-locked non-water accessible people this weekend while I'm thrashing about it my cold unexciting lake! :usflag:

And you Florida people, you're just plain mean! :welcome:

just like the hair color, i'm impartial.

as for those doubles, big or small, i like them all. their size doesn't change your overall personality or the overall you. lol

and one more thing. meow
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#38 FlIrishman

FlIrishman

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NTIROX - 500 DIVES, East Florida Coast wreck, reef and beach diving

Posted 20 November 2004 - 05:49 AM

Now, now Geo- it's really not nice of us to torture our fellow members in the oceanless/colder areas. 'Course, they could all move down here! :welcome:

Heard Vis was only 25 ft in JUpiter. Water Temps in the high 70's, 1-2 ft seas, mild current, but bad vis!! Might have to go to West Palm on Narcossi [ anyone want to join me for the Sunday morn 8:00 dive - if so - drop and email to Irishman@Sprynet.com]

Geo
GOTT TO GET WET THIS WEEKEND!!!!

#39 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 20 November 2004 - 07:40 AM

I'd love to George, but I have a conflict. Keep me in mind for next time.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#40 FlIrishman

FlIrishman

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 06:39 PM

Now, now Geo- it's really not nice of us to torture our fellow members in the oceanless/colder areas. 'Course, they could all move down here!  :D

Heard Vis was only 25 ft in JUpiter. Water Temps in the high 70's, 1-2 ft seas, mild current, but bad vis!! Might have to go to West Palm on Narcossi [ anyone want to join me for the Sunday morn 8:00 dive - if so - drop and email to Irishman@Sprynet.com]

Geo

Had a nice dive today out of Stuart, Florida. 5 miles off shore, 80 ft depth, 78 deg, 30 ft vis. Reef is really sandblased from Hurricanes, but there's lot's of bugs

Posted Image

Day of Diving Results

Edited by FlIrishman, 21 November 2004 - 06:51 PM.

#41 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 08:46 PM

Well, dive-addict and I just got out of the lake....the 46 degree lake...into our balmy 38 degree topside temperature....I'm cold and refuse to get out of my weezle undergarment! :D

#42 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 21 November 2004 - 08:55 PM

Had a nice dive today out of Stuart, Florida.  5 miles off shore, 80 ft depth, 78 deg, 30 ft vis.  Reef is really sandblased from Hurricanes, but there's lot's of bugs

Posted Image

Those better not all be yours - the limit is 6!
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#43 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 21 November 2004 - 09:10 PM

I'm cold and refuse to get out of my weezle undergarment! :D

damn, that sucks.

not even if someone volunteers to warm you up?

:elf: :dance:

#44 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 22 November 2004 - 11:52 AM

welll....if you insist! :teeth:

Upcoming Thanksgiving weekend - it looks like the crew may break me away from family for one day to dive Puget Sound. It's been a while since I've dove up there off a charter, so I think it's time to put film in the camera. I'll post the good shots to the gallery!

#45 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 22 November 2004 - 01:13 PM

Went out Saturday morning, low vis, choppy but not to bad, saw tons of short lobsters - - but stuck with it until we were able to find a few big enough to take home..... and it sure beats working on Saturday or cleaning the garage :-) :teeth:
Happy Diving, LJMongy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users