• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

OFFICIAL Early Arrival Dec 1-8 & Dec 8-15 Galapagos Tour & Hotel Pkg

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 20 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

EXTRA SPECIAL PACKAGE FOR THOSE ARRIVING 3 DAYS EARLY OR MORE FOR DEC GALAPAGOS TRIPS:

IF you are arriving at least 3 days early on EITHER Dec trip (sorry this can only be offered to the Dec trip goers) we have a special tour/hotel pkg for you. Flights are limited so we need to decide fast but I have secured a great price and a great opportunity for us to fly to San Cristobal 1 day early and still have time to get our bags if they arrive late in Quito and still tour the market and equator in Quito AND see San Cristobal!!! :wakawaka:

THIS PKG IS ONLY AVAILABLE AS IS...it can't be broken into parts and I have to book it as a pkg in order to get this low rate. WE MUST HAVE AT LEAST 3 PEOPLE DO THIS PKG TO MAKE IT WORK. (You can add extra days but you can't reduce them nor change out any part of the pkg. The spots are very limited so please let us know if you want one of these pkgs)

Fri-Mon...either Nov 28-Dec 1 or Dec 5-8 ONLY:

Fri- Arrival Quito airport-transfer to hotel in Quito with vetted & secure transfers (not included see below for scaled pricing) (Rio Amazonas or better)
Sat- Private Otavalo market tour & Equator Tour so no tour buses full of people (lunch on our own) Transfers included. SEE BELOW FOR NEW OPTIONS NEEDING A GROUP VOTE
Sun- Transfer to airport with vetted & secure transfers (not included see below for scaled pricing) - flight to Galapagos (not included see pricing below) and transfer to Hotel in San Cristobal (included) -
Private Tour of Highlands with lunch with transfers included
Mon- Free morning to see San Cristobal- transfer from hotel to main pier 1pm included

D/O price 3 nites hotel = $440 includes taxes DOES NOT INCLUDE VARIABLE PRICING ITEMS
S/O price 3 nites hotel = $565 includes taxes DOES NOT INCLUDE VARIABLE PRICING ITEMS

Variable Pricing*
*To be determined once we know the final number of people going:
Transfer from Airport to Hotel in Quito on arrival and transfer from Hotel to Airport to fly to San Cristobal:

$50 for 1 person one way
$40 2-4 people one way
$25 5+ people one way

NOT INCLUDED:

• Local air from Quito to San Cristobal or back to Quito
  • Meals other than breakfast at hotels and lunch during island tour

NOTE: All operators vetted by Explorer Ventures and reputable sources. There is a rash of petty and not so petty crimes against tourists and its VERY important to have reputable tour operators that EV can take action against if we encounter any problems. Our operators in some cases are a few dollars more but in all cases will be "worry free".

NOV 28-DEC 1 - THOSE CONFIRMED GOING (MUST HAVE 3 PEOPLE TO DO THIS):

1. Kamala aka WreckWench s/o (will do d/o if needed)
2. Derek aka Muskegocline d/o + one extra night at group hotel
3. Steve aka SoonerDiver s/o or d/o (whichever we need)
4. Larry aka orcaman d/o
5. Amy d/o
6. Peter d/o
7. Sue aka luv2runskidive d/o

8. Thom aka volvoguy
9. Neal aka nhscubaguy

DEC 5-DEC 8 - THOSE CONFIRMED GOING (MUST HAVE 3 PEOPLE TO DO THIS):

1. Jen aka ItsScubaJen s/o
2. Butch aka Cajun Diver s/o
3. Sandy aka Scubapunk s/o
4. Dennis aka YogaDive d/o
5. Donna aka ScubaDonna d/o
6. Sharon aka d/o
7. Don aka WetHead s/o
8. Kim aka Kimbuddha

9. Jane aka DiverJane

WE HAVE ENOUGH TO RUN!!! :wakawaka:

UPDATE ON TOUR OPTIONS NEEDING A GROUP VOTE:

Hey gang due to massive road construction we can no longer make it from the Otavalo Market to the Equator in one day as we had originally planned. So we must decide BY THE END OF THE WEEK SATURDAY which tour we want to do. Option #1 and #2 are the same price as the pkg. Option #3 is $15 more than the pkg price we quoted you. Please let me know which you want to do. I will take as many votes as rec'd and decide on Saturday night what the final tour option will be. I am sorry for the short notice but things have been really crazy trying to fill the last spots and get everyone on the special tour pkgs etc.

Hi Kamala,
OK-here are the 3 options we have available due to all the road construction going on which is severely limiting us.

1. Otavalo- will be a visit to the market, town of Cotacachi (famous for leather goods) and Peguche waterfall we cannot do the equator as planned due to the construction delays. Please note it is a 3 hr drive each way to the market. Note: Lunch on our own.

2. City tour, visit to the equator and local Quito market. All entry fees will be included. At the end of the tour the guide will leave everyone at the Artesanal Quito market to browse. It is a good market with all the same things you can buy in Otavalo. It is about 4 blocks walk back to the hotel. This tour aims to blend the ancient town with the equatorial line. First we begin with the Middle of the world, we visit the equator monument, here you will have a chance to stand on both hemispheres of the earth at the same time as you visit the Intiñan Museum. Then we return to the city, we visit Plaza de la Independencia, La Compañia Church, as well as several examples representative of the colonial and religious architecture. Finally our transport leaves us in Mercado Artesanal, here we can find many shops for souvenirs. Note: Lunch on our own.

3. Mindo Cloud forest- $15 above the pkg price already quoted. Early in the morning we will start our visit to MINDO, first we will visit Middle of the World City(equator), where the monument that divides the northern and southern hemisphere; then we continue the route to the Cloud Forest. During the visit we start in the village of Mindo. There we will visit the « mariposario», a place where we can observe a big variety of butterflies also the orchids. After this we have the possibility to enjoy the canopy(zip lining $15-$20 extra) before we keep on going to the chocolate factory where we learn a lot about the chocolate processing and the harvest of the cacao bean. After enjoying a delicious brownie or a hot chocolate, we will return to Quito. Note: Lunch on our own.

Let me know what you think. We need to get this figured out by Saturday.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Muskegocline

Muskegocline

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Cert Level:Tec Deep, Full Cave
  • Logged Dives:700+

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:44 PM

Looks good to me. It seems I'll be arriving on the 27th (almost pulled the trigger on flights), so I may need an extra night S/O before hand unless anyone else is showing up that day. Otherwise D/O will work for the rest of the days.

Now I just need to figure out what I'm doing on the return side of things.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

Can do extra day...will not have much in the way of tour options for you but you can choose to be on your own or arrive the 28th with the rest of us.

So I'll put you on the list for d/o for the pkg...let me know about the extra night! Kamala
  • WreckWench likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Handyman

Handyman

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance open water w/specialties
  • Logged Dives:192

Posted 20 June 2014 - 03:51 PM

You will like Otavalo!

So, as I read it, it's a $50 transfer to the hotel fm the airport, or $40 ea. w/ 2-4 people? Is it the same cost to return fm the hotel to get the flight to San Cristobal, or do we go in a van? I'm trying to get a handle on some of these extra charges.

Scot

Edited by Handyman, 20 June 2014 - 03:59 PM.

#5 Muskegocline

Muskegocline

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Cert Level:Tec Deep, Full Cave
  • Logged Dives:700+

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:09 PM

No worries on tours the first day. I'm happy to work something out on my own. To add to Scott's question, this includes only the one way flight to the islands, but not the return?

#6 ItsScubaJen

ItsScubaJen

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:215

Posted 20 June 2014 - 04:49 PM

I'm in for the Dec 5 - 8 leg! S/O

#7 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 20 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

I'm a little confused - I'm week 2 and arriving December 4th into Quito. So I would sign up for the December 5-8 tour right? Those on week 1 should be the Nov 28 to Dec 1?

Does this include our flight to San Cristobal or is that separate?

Either way sign me up - S/O.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:06 PM

You will like Otavalo!

So, as I read it, it's a $50 transfer to the hotel fm the airport, or $40 ea. w/ 2-4 people? Is it the same cost to return fm the hotel to get the flight to San Cristobal, or do we go in a van? I'm trying to get a handle on some of these extra charges.

Scot

Yes the transfers if supplied by EV's operators are as stated for Quito airport to Quito hotel or Quito Hotel to Quito Airport and also found in the thread entitled "Transfers".

The transfers from San Cristobal airport to hotel or from SanCris hotel to pier are included in the above package.

formerly...

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

I'm a little confused - I'm week 2 and arriving December 4th into Quito. So I would sign up for the December 5-8 tour right? Those on week 1 should be the Nov 28 to Dec 1?

Does this include our flight to San Cristobal or is that separate?

Either way sign me up - S/O.

CORRECT... if week one do the Nov 28 - Dec 1 tour
If week two do the Dec 5-8 tour. If you need an extra night we can get it if we know.

CORRECT...the local flight is NOT included in this price. I will post a separate thread with the FINAL pricing if I have not done so already. The tickets will be separate and can not be bought on your own as the dive operators hold all the inventory of them. Dec is a tiny bit higher due to being high season so the tickets are $585-$590 for a round trip ticket.

formerly...

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:02 AM

No worries on tours the first day. I'm happy to work something out on my own. To add to Scott's question, this includes only the one way flight to the islands, but not the return?

Yikes I did not exclude the flight...this is hotels and tours and some transfers and 1 lunch I San Cristobal. If you wish to be excluded from the list I'll remove your name.

The flight is approx $585-$590.

*I have to set up private tours for us using vetted operators so we could enjoy everything and worry about nothing. Too many people promise good pricing and small tours but then bad things have been happening with quite a bit of frequency that the boat has had to get into the 'tour game' and has stared working with ONE tour operator to handle things so that people do not get robbed or hurt. It truly is a serious problem and is not one to be trifled with. I can not in good conscience accept any risk for my clients so must go with what is suggested to me as well as wait to have special pkgs put together for me that meet our needs.

I set it up so we only needed 3 people to make this run because we could be paying a little more for the pkg and yet not really when I compare using outside vendors. (I could not find competitors for some of the tours so I could not make a full comparison.)

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

Sorry gang..I goofed when I did not exclude the flights as well as the one airport transfers which is contingent on how many people we get.

The local flight which is approx $585-$590 is not in the above quote. It is hotel and tours and 1 lunch and transfers other than the Quito airport to hotel and hotel to Quito airport transfers.

formerly...

#12 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,247 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

If week two do the Dec 5-8 tour. If you need an extra night we can get it if we know.

CORRECT...the local flight is NOT included in this price. I will post a separate thread with the FINAL pricing if I have not done so already. The tickets will be separate and can not be bought on your own as the dive operators hold all the inventory of them. Dec is a tiny bit higher due to being high season so the tickets are $585-$590 for a round trip ticket.

Thanks that clears it up. I was confused by ItsScubaJen's post since the flight list shows her as week 1 but the main post shows her as week 2 now.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

Thanks that clears it up. I was confused by ItsScubaJen's post since the flight list shows her as week 1 but the main post shows her as week 2 now.

She decided to switch to the 2nd week since there was space. Hopefully we can fill the 3 open spots on week one. :pray:

formerly...

#14 soonerdiver

soonerdiver

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveMaster
  • Logged Dives:Several hundred, thousands un-logged.

Posted 22 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

I'm in on the 28th tour package, single or double is fine with me.

#15 ItsScubaJen

ItsScubaJen

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:215

Posted 23 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

Kamala, if we don't get enough participants for the Dec 5 - 8 package, I'll use Marriott points to get a room in Quito.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users