• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2014-08: BEST OF FLORIDA! Boynton & Jupiter! Aug 22-30, 2014

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

we are so late in getting this trip opened up...we are going to work to facilitate as many requests for Jupiter vs Boynton and even specific days as we can.

Divers will still need to join the site so they can access the private communications tools we use ie. Trip PM, Private Special Trip Discussion forums, etc.

We are trying to figure out how to track the partial bookings so please bear with us but don't be bashful about joining even if you can't do the whole trip. :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 DiveNutChica

DiveNutChica

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Assistant Instructor
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

Jan- DiveNutChica
Payments Summary To Date [
(Tell us PKG TYPE and d/o or s/o): s/o
PKG TYPE:

FLY 8nite/6 dive day FULL Day Pkg $1596 d/o or $2036 s/o

Extra Days/Nights: no
32% Nitrox $72 for base pkg & $159 for base + 2 & 3 dive FULL day pkg... TELL US IF YOU WANT IT & WHICH PKG: Yes $159
Add'l Optional Tours:
Documents SD Waiver - List when Rec'd SD Survey - List when Rec'd SD Ins Summary - List when Rec'd
Dive Insurance Current
Trip Insurance STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR THIS TRIPCHOOSE ONE
a. I have trip insurance that covers this trip already.
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
c. I still will not purchase trip insurance even though it is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED and I will accept all losses accordingly and will NOT ask SD nor its suppliers for any help if I cancel nor any money back that should be covered under trip insurance.
Flight Details Tell us your flight details here
Other
DISCOUNTS (Delete those that do not apply):
• I paid in full by 7-26-14 and get add'l $50 off s/o
• SOCIAL MEDIA DISCOUNT: a FREE Pup CD for signing up on our Facebook Trip Event for this trip AND for liking SD.com if you haven't already AND for sharing the FB Trip booking on your personal facebook page! (Must do all three!)
• I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.
• I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.
  • WreckWench likes this

#18 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

Jan- DiveNutChica

Thank you Jan! Your template, as well as other templates we have received, have all been edited and appended to Post Three of this thread. When you have a minute, please scroll down from the top of the thread to find the list of templates and if we have missed anything or if there are any errors, post a Reply in the thread a let us know. :thankyou: and again Welcome to the Best of Florida trip! :diver:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:16 PM

Samantha aka StarfishSammie from facebook is joining us for a few days! :cheerleader:

She will dive Sat am 23 and Mon am 25. She has her own tanks.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

Just paid the nitrox for this Florida trip.

WOO HOO, LET'S GO DIVING!

Edited by Resqdew, 30 July 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Who won the drawing for the free nitro for week #1 of Dominica this year?
Once you announce this, then I'll know if I need to pay the nitrox for this Florida trip or not. I just felt lucky during the excellent Dominica trip this year, so maybe it was my name that won.
Thank You

Thank you for the reminder...I will look it up and let you and the Dom people know! ;)

formerly...

#22 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

For those spearfishing on the trip..Watch out for the Goliath Groupers!

http://www.grindtv.c...er-steals-fish/

Seeing these fish last year were amazing. They are huge!

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 04:44 AM

Thanks George...I wish you could join us!

formerly...

#24 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:44 AM

Thanks George...I wish you could join us!

I do too. But its my father's 80th birthday. And from June-September they are in NY and not Florida.

I'll be down there Thanksgiving week and the week before Christmas though!

So far its been a quiet hurricane season. Hopefully it says quiet.

#25 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:43 AM

The link to the boat waiver isn't working, {{mentioned on page 1, in the itinerary on Aug 26th, when we dive with Emerald Charters}}. The link to their external website works great, but no waiver on their website that I could find.

Guess this proves that I actually read the entire posting......... :-)

Once the paperwork is finished, then we can GO DIVING!

Thank you!

#26 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:51 AM

Friday August 22 'happy hour' ! ! ! !

It might be at your hotel, but we are looking into the possibility of something VERY special and super interesting that evening in Riviera Beach (close to the hotel.)

I have emailed the info to Wreck Wench, so we might know soon.

Anyone and everyone arriving 'early' on Friday (early enough to do a dive or 2) let me know. I have scheduled a vacation day so maybe we can do a shore dive or an extra boat dive.

I've dove Florida waters about 350 times now... looking forward to a few more Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Racer184, 06 August 2014 - 11:59 AM.

#27 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

The link to the boat waiver isn't working, {{mentioned on page 1, in the itinerary on Aug 26th, when we dive with Emerald Charters}}. The link to their external website works great, but no waiver on their website that I could find.

Guess this proves that I actually read the entire posting......... :-)

Once the paperwork is finished, then we can GO DIVING!

Thank you!

Thanks for posting the head's up, Susan! :thankyou: I managed to dig up a copy of the Emerald Charters Liability Form on my hard drive from last year's docs; we now have our own downloadable PDF version in the Documents Forum, Topic 10! :cool2:

....okay, and I also found where the link to the Docs Forum was wrong in the Private Message thread and fixed that now too. :bam:

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

HAPPY HOUR UPDATE & ANNOUNCEMENT FRIDAY AUG 22 @ PURA VIDA DIVE SHOP RIVIERA:

Thanks Alan! This is indeed a perfect and very special opportunity for our Happy Hour(s)!!! Alan has discovered that Walt Sterns and Pura Vida Dive Shop will be giving a presentation on the schooling Goliath Groupers and we can attend! We'll RSVP for everyone who says they are interested so let us know soon as seating will be limited.

These fish are hugeamongousgigantificouslylarge and if you are calm and swim slow, will let you extremely close.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s that time of the year again! The goliath groupers have begun their yearly aggregation to the wrecks and reefs of Palm Beach. Experiencing these amazing aggregations is an incredible sight to behold, but do you know what is really going on? Do you know the history behind these leviathans?

Join us on August 22nd for our Social Night event as our guest speaker, local dive expert, Walt Stearns, shares his years of knowledge working alongside scientists. This presentation is certain to make you a much more educated goliath grouper diver.

Itinerary for the evening:
6:15 – 7:00pm Happy Hour!
(Food, drinks and socializing)
7:00 – 8:00pm Presentation by Walt Stearns
8:00 – 8:30 Q & A with Walt Stearns and 50/50 cash drawing

THOSE RSVPing & JOINING US...LIMITED NUMBERS SO DON'T WAIT!!!

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Alan aka DiveMasterDewey

It might be at your hotel, but we are looking into the possibility of something VERY special and super interesting that evening in Riviera Beach (close to the hotel.)

Anyone and everyone arriving 'early' on Friday (early enough to do a dive or 2) let me know. I have scheduled a vacation day so maybe we can do a shore dive or an extra boat dive.

I've dove Florida waters about 350 times now... looking forward to a few more Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

formerly...

#29 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:45 PM

Okay, the Best of Florida Special Discussions (SD) Forums are open! Please see the top post of the Private Message (PM) thread for link and password information. I also created a topic in the SD Forum already to address Flight and Ground Travel Coordination.

#30 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 07 August 2014 - 04:37 PM

I had really hoped to attend but just learned that my mother has her swearing in ceremonies for U.S. citizenship the next morning, so I'll be driving from Atlanta (where her ceremonies are) a day later than planned. FYI, you may want to correct the red header to say Riviera in the name of the shop instead of Riveria! :cheerleader:/>

HAPPY HOUR UPDATE & ANNOUNCEMENT FRIDAY AUG 22 @ PURA VIDA DIVE SHOP RIVERIA:

Thanks Alan! This is indeed a perfect and very special opportunity for our Happy Hour(s)!!! Alan has discovered that Walt Sterns and Pura Vida Dive Shop will be giving a presentation on the schooling Goliath Groupers and we can attend! We'll RSVP for everyone who says they are interested so let us know soon as seating will be limited.

These fish are hugeamongousgigantificouslylarge and if you are calm and swim slow, will let you extremely close.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It’s that time of the year again! The goliath groupers have begun their yearly aggregation to the wrecks and reefs of Palm Beach. Experiencing these amazing aggregations is an incredible sight to behold, but do you know what is really going on? Do you know the history behind these leviathans?

Join us on August 22nd for our Social Night event as our guest speaker, local dive expert, Walt Stearns, shares his years of knowledge working alongside scientists. This presentation is certain to make you a much more educated goliath grouper diver.

Itinerary for the evening:
6:15 – 7:00pm Happy Hour!
(Food, drinks and socializing)
7:00 – 8:00pm Presentation by Walt Stearns
8:00 – 8:30 Q & A with Walt Stearns and 50/50 cash drawing

THOSE RSVPing & JOINING US...LIMITED NUMBERS SO DON'T WAIT!!!

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Alan aka DiveMasterDewey

Edited by sunshinediver, 09 August 2014 - 11:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users