• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

10 Years...Time to Reminisce about the last decade!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

Its time to reminisce about the last decade of fun, diving, and friends created by SingleDivers.com!

What's YOUR favorite Story? Event? Excitement? Dive?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

I will always remember jumping off of the Sea Searcher II onto the Texas Flower Gardens. It was my first bluewater dive, my first actual dive trip, and my first trip of many with SD.com. I had been snorkeling almost all of my life in lakes, had dove some quarries, Lake Superior, done some shore dives off of Gloucester, MA and Seattle, WA, but jumping off a boat into 80 feet of water that was warm, clear and full of life was all brand new to me. I remember descending and watching in awe as the coral and fish life came into view. It was spectacular!!!!!
  • WreckWench likes this

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#3 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:33 AM

• I met SingleDivers.com at a happy hour in West Palm Beach after the dive show
  • My first time diving at Blue Heron Bridge was with SingleDivers.com. I have dove there more than 100 times now
  • Another time SingleDivers persuaded me to drive up to Riviera Beach, Florida for a dive. Well, I had never dove that far north before, so I was eager to try it out. I wondered what it was like to dive 'up north". We got on the boat, and the boat went south 1/2 way back to 'my' area to dive "Boynton Ledges", one of my "home turf dive sites".
  • I'll be seeing all of you in Boynton Beach for your 2nd (3?) annual "best of Florida" dives in two weeks! (I probably can't make the Jupiter dives :-(
January 2008

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Racer184, 12 August 2014 - 11:47 AM.

• WreckWench likes this

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 01:58 PM

WOW!!! Those are BOTH great blasts from our awesome past! :wakawaka:

Thank you BOTH for sharing! I totally remember that Flower Garden trip as it was my first too! FG was spectacular!!!

And OMG...the gang looked so young in 2008! LOL! And as much as trades shows typically are tons of hard work with little reward...we have met some of our MOST AMAZING DIVERS FROM THOSE SHOWS!!! :respect:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

Well, how about some of the crazy ones, like the evacuation from Cozumel with Hurricane Dean breathing down our necks!

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

Well, how about some of the crazy ones, like the evacuation from Cozumel with Hurricane Dean breathing down our necks!

Yes THAT was a wild time. We've been so lucky where hurricanes are concerned! Fortunately we got out just in time!

formerly...

#7 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,712 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 20 August 2014 - 01:34 PM

:dancing:/> Probably my first trip with Singledivers - Grenada 2005. Fabulous introduction to diving buddyless, great diving and meeting wonderful new friends. Have had lots of fabulous trips and great diving knowing that I will be diving with good divers and having fun with incredible people :teeth:/> . The Philippines was a blast, the wedding to remember. Not only was the diving amazing, dive buddies couldn't have been more perfect and being part of the "bioluminescent angels" including perfecting the "cuddlefish dance"!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!!

Kamala what would we do without your incredible foresight and implementation of such a great idea!

#8 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:241

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

Seeing my first whale shark in the Maldives...then JesterDiver bumped into him from above with his butt and the look on the whales face was priceless. I remember the face as a cartoon exaggerated version thinking, Hey, what the ....!" He took off in a flash after that never to be seen again buy a "SingleDiver"

Edited by Kimbuddha, 20 August 2014 - 03:00 PM.

If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change.

#9 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

WOW!! Lots and lots of stuff... where to start!! Bonaire was my first trip in 2009 and dives to 180fsw in extended range class. Cozumel and the Halloween trip, Holbox and the Whale sharks. North Carolina and the sand tigers. Grand Cayman with my beautiful girl friend. and who can forget a double dip to the Valhalla of diving, Chuuk and the Wrecks of Truk Lagoon with a week of dessert in Palau each time!! I can't put into words the number of great friends I've made thru SingleDivers.com and what it means to me. :thankyou:/>

Edited by Jerrymxz, 20 August 2014 - 05:21 PM.

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#10 fairfield59

fairfield59

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:102

Posted 25 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

I went on what I think was the first "official" SD trip to Cozumel in Jan of 05 with 32 others. I say official because I think there was an "unofficial" SD trip before that, since alot of people kept getting recognized by the riff-raff around town! 3 dives a day then getting stupid at Carlos n Charlies and a bunch of other places. Watching Pup and Gar tearing around town on their scooters like they were doing an enduro race. Sitting in the hammock at Bob Marley Bar. Eating that terrible food at Hotel Cozumel. Listening to Pup and Gar play their guitars down by the pool every night. Seeing my first seahorse. Wicked happy hours, then piling into taxis for a trip to the plaza.. super trip!

#11 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:46 PM

Most folks may not realize this, but the first SD.com Northeastern combination Dive/Happy hour took place during 2006 in Rhode Island. A group of us dove Ft. Wetherill State Park, in Jamestown, and after a short session with grilled tequila/citrus shrimp kabobs, regrouped at the Red Parrot in Newport.

Here're a few pics of some of our post-dive revelers.

Rick

:usflag:

Carpe cervasam (Latin for "Seize the Beer")

Attached Thumbnails

• Red Parrot.jpg
  • Tom.jpg
  • Red Parrot 2.jpg

Edited by Hipshot, 01 September 2014 - 08:51 PM.

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

Rick you are right...you were the first to do what some called 'Happy Dive Days' meaning you dove in the morning and has a social Happy Hour in the evening! Many of these have been done all over the world but the first one was hosted by none other than our very own Hipshot!!!! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#13 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:22 AM

Credit Where Credit Is Due Dept.: Tom (the gentleman enjoying a plate of steamers in one of the pics) played a critical role in making this event happen. Since he was living in the area, he made our reservations at The Red Parrot, thus we were able to be there on a busy Saturday night in the historic section of Newport. Thanks again, Tom. :respect:

Rick

:usflag:

Edited by Hipshot, 03 September 2014 - 05:17 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users