• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

ADD'L INFO LANDBASED: 2015-03: BEQA LAGOON Mar 1-10, 1-14 or 7-10, 2015 ADD'L INFO THREAD

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 25 September 2014 - 02:48 PM

In an effort to help keep the information manageable we have split out the specific info about BEGA LAGOON here. Don't miss this extraordinary trip!

To sign up CLICK HERE

gallery_7461_25_6196.jpggallery_7461_25_20323.jpggallery_7461_25_31275.jpg

OPTION #1&2: Beqa Lagoon Resort
Join us March 3-10 or 3-14, 2015 for a complete LANDBASED FIJIAN FANTASY at Beqa Lagoon

A visit to Beqa Island is truly a chance to get away from it all. A journey by boat across the Beqa Lagoon will transport you from life's hustle and bustle to the lovely, secluded Beqa Island. As you near the shoreline, the sound of Fijians singing a traditional welcome song will be the first sign you've arrived in paradise. A warm smile and a floral lei greet you when you step onto the sand of this enchanting island resort, where even the palm trees seem to sway to the music in the warm sea breeze. From the moment you arrive, you'll feel at home among the tropical flowers, warm waters and secluded private villas on the island—where no roads and no cars exist to interrupt your tranquility. World-class diving, delicious cuisine, relaxing spa treatments, and the incomparable Fijian hospitality are yours to savor and enjoy throughout your stay. Feel the warmth of this spectacular island paradise—its wonderful weather, tranquil waters, marvelous villas, and friendly smiles you'll not soon forget. Beqa Lagoon's intimate resort features 25 deluxe, private air-conditioned villas (called bures) spread out beneath the lush tropical landscape. Each of these generously sized mini-suites are beautifully appointed with traditional island dècor.

THE CULTURE
b6cd99d45ef0769cba5dceb85fab61e1_250x250c6a5a5cac356722d4e629b79a9d09ed0_250x250e2443f3a13d7f4819f86273939077d9d_250x250

In the evenings, you'll enjoy Meke, traditional Fijian dancing and singing. Clap along with the warm and friendly Fijians as they share this lively tradition with you. You might also find yourself clapping during the famous kava ceremony as you drink from a coconut cup. Kava is made from the dried roots of a pepper tree and is often drunk for social occasions..

THE DIVING
7a964dd5c1940dec593bde322a96ef8f_250x250a90d77f94b0b8ddeb38dd621ddc9717d_250x250b91b2701852587fd9682110a688133a0_250x250
Just a short boat ride from the resort lies a wonderland of marine life in Beqa Lagoon's crystal clear waters provide ample opportunities to spot and photograph octopus, garden eels, orangutan crabs, rays, bull and tiger sharks, numerous fish species, huge fans, and a rainbow of soft corals—all in 80-degree water with incredible visibility. You can also dive wrecks, become PADI certified, or join a "big fish encounter" where you'll enjoy one of the best shark experiences in the South Pacific. Even at our door step, on our house reef, you will see plenty of marine life to keep you delighted.

With more than 100 dive dive sites along 190 miles of coastline you may find it difficult to choose a favorite. Here are some of ours:

• SHARK DIVE! World famous and the experience of a life time.
  • The best shark dive experience int the world! At least nine different species of sharks - Bulls, Silver, Nurse and the occasional 15ft Tiger Shark.
  • FANTASEA ~ Colors, soft coral and lots of Georgian Fans in different shapes, sizes and colors.
  • CARPET COVE ~ Lots of carpet anemonies with clown fish. Also an 80 ft Chinese Trawler wreck at 100ft.
  • JOHN'S TUNNEL ~ A tunnel 30 feet long, 5ft to 8 ft wide lined with soft coral. Also a wreck at 80ft.
  • JOE'S BEST ~ One coral head 40ft by 90ft with giant swim through in the middle teeming with soft corals, fans, antheas, school of barracudas, ect.
  • SOFT CORAL PLATEAU ~ A body of reef sitting right in the middle of the north passage to Beqa Lagoon. Eagle rays, blue ribbon eels and tons of soft coral.
  • SHINING GLORY ~ Three coral heads - one of which having a crack at the very top offering spectacular light refractions.
  • SEVEN SISTERS ~ Seven coral heads lines in a row each with its own unique features.
  • BLUE WALL ~ The wall on the south east side of Beqa Lagoon rises from 150 ft to 15 ft. Sharks, mantas, eagle rays abound and always at least 100 ft plus visibility.
  • FRIGATE WALL ~ Very similar to Blue Wall - Lots of cracks and alleyways in the wall. Also home of the "Fiji Pipeline" famous surf spot!
  • AND MANY, MANY MORE....

WEATHER & WATER TEMPS
630ac28537767dabcfe486c069082057_250x2503998c42b8694a9a49661a077f86a1b91_250x250a900009874079d0ed77050de01f58fcd_250x250

Surrounded by over 190 miles of spectacular coral, Beqa Lagoon is one of the world's largest barrier reefs. Diving these calm protected waters is like exploring another world. The water is clear and warm, visibility is typically over 100ft, currents are generally mild and the water temperature stays a fairly constant 80 degrees. Fiji is known as the Soft Coral Capital of the World and offers spectacular undersea gardens in all hues. Many of the most spectacular dive sights are only a few minutes from shore and if you stayed long enough, you could explore over 100 different sights. Fiji is a year-round tropical South Pacific destination. Our warmer, more humid summers from November to April tend to be more around 85ºf (30ºc). In the summer months we do tend to get a little bit more rain, but it comes more often in the afternoons or overnight, making Fiji very comfortable all year round.

THE CUISINE:
bdab12528cec23534d4c69c6bca6e14f_250x250e2b801efc5da131f832035c08d7f4dbc_250x250f43b1b84756b11d590fc7d162a7f2712_250x250

Join us in the early evening for happy hour, perfectly timed to allow you to sit along the water and watch the sun set. Every night we sample a different signature cocktail. Our meal plan allows each guest to have their choice of fresh fruits and bread as well as a hot breakfast to start their day, a satisfying lunch to refuel after the mornings activities, and a delicious three course dinner to socialize over at the end of the day. Just make sure that you don't miss any of Lala's mouthwatering desserts. Sample from our internationally recognised gourmet menus freshly prepared by Head Chef Lala using the best local and international products. Accompany your meal with a glass of wine from our international wine list, a local Fiji beer, or one of our signature cocktails, such as the Kichi Boom or a Famous Fire Walker.

HELPFUL INFO:
Currency: Fiji Dollar. Current exchange rates can be found at http://www.xe.com/
Credit Cards: Major credit cards are accepted at Beqa Lagoon Resort and other major outlets around Fiji, but not in smaller shops and villages.
Time: Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) +12 hours.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:241

Posted 16 February 2015 - 11:52 AM

Not sure if I'm asking this in the right spot.
Please provide info on how to get to Beqa island from the main island. I will need transport March 7th. I need to check out of my room in Pacific Harbor by 10am. Is there a ferry? Do I just rent a water taxi? Have I already paid for this transfer. I will not be traveling with the group as I arrive in Fiji on February 21st. Thank you.

Edited by Kimbuddha, 16 February 2015 - 12:26 PM.

If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change.

#3 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:40 PM

Not sure if I'm asking this in the right spot.
Please provide info on how to get to Beqa island from the main island. I will need transport March 7th. I need to check out of my room in Pacific Harbor by 10am. Is there a ferry? Do I just rent a water taxi? Have I already paid for this transfer. I will not be traveling with the group as I arrive in Fiji on February 21st. Thank you.

Hello Kim,

The resort will most likely be picking you up with one of their dive boats at a dock in Pacific Harbor.  I am sure that Kamala will coordinate the schedule as far as time and place after speaking with the resort.  On my trip there, we had a driver that was connected with the resort pick us up at the airport, and drive us the three hours to the landing.  I am pretty sure the connection point is in Pacific Harbor.  I think we got to the dock around 10-11 in the morning, and had about an 45 minute to hour crossing to the resort.  I do not know if they do pick ups at other resorts, or just at the airport.  That is another thing that Kamala will have to answer for you.

Ed

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:25 PM

Ed you are awesome! I have requested specific info for kim and should know by tomorrow!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hey, thanks guys, just shoot me an email at some point and I'll fiqure it out from there. Good news is I should have some internet on the island from 2/21-3/1 and then when I'm in Pacific Harbor it should be no problem. Thanks for the update.

#6 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 09:15 PM

If it helps I'm staying right next door to "the pearl" and I know there is a dock that Beqa uses there, providing the tide is in, otherwise I'll just grab a cab to wherever they want me to meet their boat. Good news! I'm at the Fiji palms if they need that info. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users