• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How to Sign Up for Fabulous Fiji!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:48 AM

Welcome to the BEST OF FIJI "Bucket List" Buster Trip Details and Booking/Sign Up thread/topic. Below you'll find the 5 easy steps for signing up for one of our trips and the booking template we use to capture your booking requirements correctly. Let us know if you need any help signing up via trips@singledivers.com or charlies@singledivers.com or kamala@singledivers.com. Otherwise come and join us diving in BEST OF FIJI!...Hope to see you there!!!

How to Sign Up for A SingleDivers.com Trip in 5 Easy Steps:

Step 1. Register as a Premier Member:
A. Are you new and have not registered on the site yet? Then think of a fun screen name click HERE for ideas and then register HERE. Follow the prompts and choose the 'premier member' option or above in this process and you'll be done.

B. Currently a basic member? Then simply upgrade to premier by clicking on the MEMBERSHIP TAB along the top of the forums HERE and following the prompts for payment.

Step 2: Pay for the trip
We offer a secure payment portal to pay via check or credit card. Our system accepts MC or Visa and all checking accounts and some credit unions. Since all our pricing is offered at a cash discount, the system will add a 3% non-cash convenience fee for credit payments. We accept check payments via the "echeck" option in the payment portal/gateway at no additional charge so please do not "mail" us a check as it can take days and weeks to receive it in rural SC where SingleDivers.com is now corporately based. HERE is the link to our payment portal which is also found on our home page, in my signature line under my posts, across the top of the forums as the blue PAY HERE link and at the top of the trip details.

HOW TO USE THE PAYMENT SYSTEM:
  • After clicking the payment link you will need to enter your SingleDivers.com Screen/Display name so we can link you to the trip and your membership name.
  • Choose the trip you are paying for from the dropdown menu and the amount you are paying for. ONLY enter what you are paying for in each payment.
  • If you wish to provide extra payment details or summarize what you've already paid to date please do so in the details/extra information box and not in the payment template itself or it will think you are trying to pay all of the amounts listed again and total them up. (If this happens simply hit the back button and start over again. You will receive an order summary email every time you attempt a payment so do not worry. The ONLY time you've made a payment is when you receive a 2nd generic email saying "Thank you for your payment". If you get more than one of these please let us know and we'll be happy to refund your duplicate payment. Chances are we have already discovered it and let you know that we've refunded it accordingly.)
Step 3: Post in the trip thread/topic that you are joining us using our 'booking template':
Want to express intent in joining one of our trips? Ideally this is done in the trip details topic which is called a "thread" in the forums we use. In other words THIS TOPIC YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING. Let our volunteers help you learn the posting process as its critical to all of our 'back and forth' communications. (It can also be done via email and we'll "post" your intent for you in the trip topic/thread if you absolutely can't post it yourself.)

You'll find the BOOKING TEMPLATE below and an example of how to complete it. We hope in the near future that this step will be automated but until then please 'copy and paste' this into the the trip thread/this topic by clicking on the blue ADD REPLY button at the top of the forums (make sure the dialog box is empty before you start typing so your reply is not lost in other content. NOTE YOUR TRIP REGISTRATION IS NOT COMPLETE UNTIL YOU HAVE COMPLETED THIS STEP.

Step 4: Trip Documents...Where to find them and what to fill out and why:
The trip documents are needed for rooming, diving, understanding your preferences, as well as helping us help you in the case of an emergency etc. They are required to be returned within 21 days of signing up for a trip or if you need more time we'll add a $75 document fee to your invoice. They must be returned within 3 days if you are signing up within 45 days of departure. The trip docs are located HERE You will need to complete the first 3 documents...the Rooming/Diving Survey, The Medical/Liability Release and the Insurance Summary form. (There is also a check list you can download that will help you as well.) NOTE: All docs need to be returned to either trips@singledivers.com or via fax to 888-480-0906.

Step 5: ONGOING COMMUNICATIONS...
Its a two way street...here's how we tell each other what we need:

We use several tools to keep EVERYONE on a trip updated. They are vitally important for you to monitor and stay apprised of. They are as follows:

A. The "Welcome to the Trip" PM (private message) which is sent to as soon as you sign up for the trip. You can not receive these unless you are a Premier member or above. As soon as you either pay or show interest in the trip thread/topic we'll send you this PM. It has helpful info about signing up for the trip and will be used THROUGHOUT the pre-trip process to keep you updated on critical things regarding your trip with us.

B. The 1st & 3rd & 4th 'posts' in this trip thread (the first has the trip details in it) will contain summarized updates so you don't have to follow every post in the original trip thread. PLEASE monitor these for IMPORTANT UPDATES that affect your trip.

C. The Special Discussion Forums. They are private forums that open up approx 30-60 days before a trip and they are FILLED WITH HELPFUL INFORMATION you need for your trip like how the transfer work, money/tipping issues, who's doing what extra tours or diving, etc. We also use these forums to discuss PRIVATE matters such as exchanging celfone numbers so you can meet up at the airport together etc. ONLY members on the trip have access to these private trip discussion forums. Since they are password protected you will receive the special password for the private forum via the TRIP PM.

And that's it. If you need help feel free to email trips@singledivers.com or charlies@singledivers.com or kamala@singledivers.com and one of us will help you! :thankyou:/>/>

PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING BOOKING TEMPLATE AND CUT AND PASTE IT INTO A NEW POST WITH YOUR REPLIES.

NAME aka SCREEN NAME
Payments Summary To Date: We will post your payments as we receive them
BEQA LAGOON Landbased 11 or 7 nite MAR 1-14 or MAR 1-10
RESORT AND LIVEABOARD MAR 1-20 or MAR 5-20 or
LIVEABOARD ONLY MAR 10-20 NOTHING ELSE or
LANDBASED ONLY NO AIR (TELL US WHICH PKG):
D/O or S/O:
CHOOSE Double or Single Occupancy (All s/o has to be approved by Kamala and are extremely limited possible only 1-2 on this trip)
Extra Days/Nights: # of extra nites you plan to stay -
Nitrox : yes or no (Free on Siren $150 for Beqa Lagoon 11 or 7 day pkgs $TBA 3 day pkg
Documents: SD Waiver: ___ SD Survey___ - SD Ins Summary ___ List when Rec'd & Faxed to SD.com
Dive Insurance Current: Name of Provider & Policy #
Trip Insurance CHOOSE A or B or C:
a. I have insurance that covers this trip.
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip
c. I do not plan to buy trip insurance and will accept all losses accordingly
Flight Details: Tell us your flight details here..or email full details to trips@singledivers.com
Other: Let us know if you have special dietary needs, gear rental needs, sight seeing needs, or want a "Dive Mentor aka Rent-A-Buddy"
Available Discounts (PLEASE DELETE THOSE THAT YOU DO NOT QUALIFY FOR):
a. I paid in full by 10-5-2014 and get SPECIAL PRICING LISTED ABOVE or $50 off Siren
b. I deposited by 1-1-2015 and get ONE (1) CHANCE to win a FREE OCEANVIEW upgrade on the 11 day Beqa pkg ONLY!
ONE (1) CHANCE to win a shark dive worth $140 on ANY BEQA PKG
ONE (1) CHANCE to win free foot massage on ANY BEQA PKG
ONE (1) CHANCE to win free nite dive (if we get 6 people)on ANY BEQA PKG
ONE (1) CHANCE to win a FREE Nitrox Anaylzer on SIREN
c. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no $75 document fee.
d. I am Active Duty Military in a country that fights for FREEDOM with the USA so I qualify for an add'l $50 off
e. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.

A few extra notes:
And finally...since this trip is anticipated to fill out quickly, your spot will NOT be guaranteed until we receive you $1000 deposit AND which week/room type you are choosing VIA YOUR BOOKING TEMPLATE PKG and whether you have or will get TRIP insurance. In order to be fair all payments will be received via our SECURE ONLINE payment gateway ONLY so they will be timestamped accordingly. The payments are NOT real time so to compensate for the lag...ONLY PAYMENTS EITHER CHECK OR CREDIT CARD RECEIVED VIA THE SECURE ONLINE PAYMENT GATEWAY WILL BE HONORED. As noted in the first post, if you have ANY problems please document them and contact kamala@singledivers.com asap to manually enter your payment in the gateway or resolve the problem for you. And as always please note our terms and conditions and other things you need to know about SingleDivers.com trips HERE.

PHOTOS COURTESY OF SIREN...

Posted Image

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 mptrucker

mptrucker

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:alot