• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

OFFICIAL Early Arrival Group pkg for NYE Galapagos!

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:41 PM

It's just one night, so I'm fine to be a single or double, at any hotel and the higher price is OK.

#32 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:52 PM

I'm a d/o, but will do whichever hotel makes things easier for the group planning. The higher price hotel is fine with me.

#33 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

Whatever works. Happy to go s/o.

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

Thanks gang for the replies back so far. Hoping to get a few more from people.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#35 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:47 PM

UPDATE ON TOUR OPTIONS NEEDING A GROUP VOTE:

Hey gang due to massive road construction we can no longer make it from the Otavalo Market to the Equator in one day as we had originally planned. So we must decide BY THE END OF THE WEEK SATURDAY which tour we want to do. Option #1 and #2 are the same price as the pkg. Option #3 is $15 more than the pkg price we quoted you. Please let me know which you want to do. I will take as many votes as rec'd and decide on Saturday night what the final tour option will be. I am sorry for the short notice but things have been really crazy trying to fill the last spots and get everyone on the special tour pkgs etc.

Hi Kamala,
OK-here are the 3 options we have available due to all the road construction going on which is severely limiting us.

1. Otavalo- will be a visit to the market, town of Cotacachi (famous for leather goods) and Peguche waterfall– we cannot do the equator as planned due to the construction delays. Please note it is a 3 hr drive each way to the market. Note: Lunch on our own.

2. City tour, visit to the equator and local Quito market. All entry fees will be included. At the end of the tour the guide will leave everyone at the Artesanal Quito market to browse. It is a good market with all the same things you can buy in Otavalo. It is about 4 blocks walk back to the hotel. This tour aims to blend the ancient town with the equatorial line. First we begin with the Middle of the world, we visit the equator monument, here you will have a chance to stand on both hemispheres of the earth at the same time as you visit the Intiñan Museum. Then we return to the city, we visit Plaza de la Independencia, La Compañia Church, as well as several examples representative of the colonial and religious architecture. Finally our transport leaves us in Mercado Artesanal, here we can find many shops for souvenirs. Note: Lunch on our own.

3. Mindo Cloud forest- $15 above the pkg price already quoted. Early in the morning we will start our visit to MINDO, first we will visit Middle of the World City(equator), where the monument that divides the northern and southern hemisphere; then we continue the route to the Cloud Forest. During the visit we start in the village of Mindo. There we will visit the « mariposario», a place where we can observe a big variety of butterflies also the orchids. After this we have the possibility to enjoy the canopy(zip lining $15-$20 extra) before we keep on going to the chocolate factory where we learn a lot about the chocolate processing and the harvest of the cacao bean. After enjoying a delicious brownie or a hot chocolate, we will return to Quito. Note: Lunch on our own.

Let me know what you think. We need to get this figured out by Saturday.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#36 TabeaK

TabeaK

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 17 October 2014 - 12:27 AM

I am fine with the pricier hotel as well (d/o).

As far as tours go - the CIty tour/equator is my choice one. Mindo is the backup. :)

#37 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:38 AM

What she said, lol! :teeth:

I am fine with the pricier hotel as well (d/o).

As far as tours go - the CIty tour/equator is my choice one. Mindo is the backup. :)/>

#38 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 17 October 2014 - 07:39 AM

Any tour, any time, the price is fine.

#39 TabeaK

TabeaK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:06 AM

With the final payment deadline (Nov 1st) coming up, do we have final pricings and hotel confirmations?

WIth the way the exchange rate is going, this trip is getting more expensive for me by the day, so I'd like to get the last bit out of the way.

What's open is the add-on package, the local flight & the fuel surcharge. Could you also elaborate what ends up being part of the package and if we pay things like transfers in advance or there?

I know we have certain fees that need to be paid in cash in Galapagos - plus of course tips & spending money.

Also, I am not particulalrly keen to carry around large amounts of cash during the stay in Quito - could you elaborate how you handled that on your last trip? The need for cash will be mainly on the boat/in the islands (fees, tips, purchases) - so I guess the best option would be to withdraw sufficient funds either before heading to the islands or after arrival in San Cris.

Cheers!

#40 Buzo Guero

Buzo Guero

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  • Board Status:Palau Siren
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Solo
  • Logged Dives:1073

Posted 25 October 2014 - 10:06 AM

I generally bring $1K in cash & a blank check. We'll have access to cash, if necessary. Jose can fill you in.

#41 TabeaK

TabeaK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 11:24 AM

Haha, the check...Posted Image

I appreciate the hint, but no such things in Europe anymore. They went the way of the dinosaurs about 15 years ago. Everything done through electronic transfers these days.

Anyway, I am just looking for some experience with the Galapagos trip. I do generally prefer plastic when traveling, but I know that a lot of liveaboards do not particularly like that for tips and some places impose significant fees for using ccs. I'll plan accordingly - but I'd much rather withdraw the money as needed instead of carrying around a grand...which I don't think is very safe in Southern America. Posted Image

Edited by TabeaK, 25 October 2014 - 11:27 AM.

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 09:31 PM

On a boat you are safe. People just don't expect you to carry cash... so again you are safe. All hotel rooms have safes, and of course the boat will be safe.

We just signed up the last person for this trip so the consolidator wants to do the billing ONCE. She has not sent it to me yet. If you want to make a progress payment as follows you can:

$630 air with booking fee
$440 d/o

Then you can pay the xfers and any change in the pkg depending on the final tour.

Hopefully that will help you. WE ASK THAT EVERYONE ELSE PLEASE WAIT A BIT LONGER SO YOU ONLY HAVE TO MAKE ONE PAYMENT FOR EVERYTHING.

formerly...

#43 CowaBungee

CowaBungee

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:AOWD, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:72

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:02 PM

#1) Yes - s/o or d/o
#2) Yes - hotel does not matter

Edited by CowaBungee, 27 October 2014 - 06:18 PM.

• WreckWench likes this

#44 CowaBungee

CowaBungee

Getting started

• Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Cert Level:AOWD, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:72

Posted 27 October 2014 - 06:13 PM

1. I can go to the slightly higher priced hotel which is slightly larger and slightly nicer for $30 extra for the one night d/o or $50 extra s/o?

Yes.

If yes s/o or d/o - either is fine<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">

2. I prefer to do a single room or I can do a single room if needed? Can do if needed

If yes at which hotel or does it not matter? Does not matter

#45 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,572 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 05:59 AM

Perfect! We truly appreciate your flexibility! :respect:

1. I can go to the slightly higher priced hotel which is slightly larger and slightly nicer for $30 extra for the one night d/o or $50 extra s/o?

Yes.

If yes s/o or d/o - either is fine<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19.5px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252);">

2. I prefer to do a single room or I can do a single room if needed? Can do if needed

If yes at which hotel or does it not matter? Does not matter

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users