• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NYE Galapagos Pre & Post Tour Planning (Beyond the Official Group Tours)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 October 2014 - 01:58 PM

PLEASE USE THIS TOPIC FOR PRE & POST TOUR PLANNING BEYOND THE OFFICIAL GROUP TOUR. Thank you for incorporating others who may be arriving early and/or staying later in your plans. That is true spirit of our amazing group!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 TabeaK

TabeaK

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 11 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

I was wondering if the flight times to and from Galapagos were confirmed by now and if so what they are? I am guessing leaving very early morning on the 28th and returning in the evening on Jan 5th?

Jesterdiver & I were making some post-diving plans, so the times would help with figuring out how we want to spent our last day in Ecuador before heading home. Also, can we use Explorer Ventures to set up some reliable transfer? We currently toy with the idea to not return to Quito for our last night but rather head to the hot springs and from there back for our return flights.

Thanks!

#3 Kimbuddha

Kimbuddha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:241

Posted 11 October 2014 - 07:14 PM

I thought the group was going to the hot springs and riding down the volcano? I'm not leaving until the 7th in the afternoon. As of now I'm not sure where I'm staying the 5th or 6th. Are there rooms out by the hot springs and things to do out there. Are any of you guys still up for the mountain biking? I won't be online from 10/15-10/27 so I'll either have to decide by Tuesday or when I get back. I also don't have any transfers.
If you change the way you look at things...the things you look at change.

#4 TabeaK

TabeaK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 12 October 2014 - 02:07 AM

Hi Kim,

as far as I am aware there are no group plans for after returning from the boat, so this is something Jesterdiver and I have looked into on our own.

The mountain-biking trip would be great, but for us it won't be possible with going to the islands a day early - which I prefer anyway. If you have the whole 6th of Jan available, you should be able to do it though - we have to head to the airport in the evening of the 6th, so it won't work for us. Getting to Cotopaxi from Quito takes 2h or more.

Papallacta has a range of hotels. From the airport to Papallacta it is about 35miles, from the airport to Quito 25miles.

As far as the pre-tour planning goes, we may stick with the group mostly I guess. So basically doing some exploring in Quito on the 26th, potentially a tour on the 27th and flying out to San Cristobal on the 28th.

Given its Christmas, tour options may be a little limited on the 26th anyway, but a guided city tour is hopefully still doable.

Edited by TabeaK, 12 October 2014 - 05:23 AM.

#5 beerknurd

beerknurd

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 20 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

I've stayed here at http://www.termaspapallacta.com/, it's amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users