• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2015-05/06: DAZZLING DOMINICA & Birthday Bash! MAY 23-30 AND MAY 30-JUNE 6, 2015

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

YEA BETH AND VAZZ!!! I hope you love Dominica as much as everyone else has! :wakawaka:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:07 AM

Those Celebrating a Milestone on this Trip (Birthday, Significant Dive, Etc):

Saved my 500th dance for you, Kamala

(s/b dive #5)

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 11:11 AM

SUHWEET Bill! THAT IS SO AWESOME!!!! I can't wait! Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 diverbecca

diverbecca

Getting started

• Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:07 PM

Is the password available yet in order to complete the documents?  I think I missed something.  Thanks.

#20 Blue151

Blue151

Everyone knows me

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:41 PM

Hi!

I am very interested in booking for both weeks... Just trying to clear a work hurddle.... Is there still space?

I would like Ocean view D/O.... Working on bringing a second to share room, not sure about 2 straight weeks of diving though...what are the options if they don't want to dive all days for both weeks ? (I know crazy...)

Still working flight, but hope to get the charter if there is still space.

Definitely interested in Nitrox (both weeks) and a whale watching tour.

Thank you!

Pam aka Blue 151

#21 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:42 AM

Hi!
I am very interested in booking for both weeks... Just trying to clear a work hurddle.... Is there still space?
I would like Ocean view D/O.... Working on bringing a second to share room, not sure about 2 straight weeks of diving though...what are the options if they don't want to dive all days for both weeks ? (I know crazy...)
Still working flight, but hope to get the charter if there is still space.
Definitely interested in Nitrox (both weeks) and a whale watching tour.
Thank you!
Pam aka Blue 151

Hello Pam, yes we can still accommodate everything you ask for here BUT we need you to submit your Booking Template (copy the one provided in Post Two of this thread, paste into the Reply edit window and edit with all the information you have so far). Then get your Deposit in via the Payment Gateway (there is a link as part of a list at the very top of this thread, also the blue "PAY HERE..." link at the top of the page) and you are IN! :cool1:

• Blue151 likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:45 AM

Is the password available yet in order to complete the documents?  I think I missed something.  Thanks.

It is ALWAYS in the "TRIP PM" that you get saying "DO NOT DELETE". If you still can't find it I will send it to you directly. :thankyou:

p.s. Just added you to it. That is why you did not have it. Please forgive us for being a bit behind. With the Fiji trip the past few weeks we've had two TC's out of the country and that leaves a lot for the other volunteers to have to make up to take up the slack!  :respect:

formerly...

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:02 AM

Hi Pam...I hope you can join us!  Yes there is space as Brad aka Dive_Sail_etc mentioned. YES there is space on the charter and yes you can get nitrox. The pkg has 5 days of 2 tank diving in the mornings for each week so you automatically get 2 days off each week and if you want to take more days off you can. (The dives aren't transferable but they are yours to use or skip which often divers do when they go on longer trips!)

On our trips you can choose either week or both weeks. (Many people want the 2 week option because of the air and/or time to get there!)

And if you do choose both weeks there are TONS of things to do on this island if you are into hiking, exploring, etc. It has TONS of waterfalls, one of only two boiling lakes in the world, shopping, a very cool chocolate factory where you learn all the steps of making chocolate and more!  I'll post a list of things you can do as soon as I can get my head above water since I am just returning from 2 back to back trips to Fiji.

We are thrilled if you can get someone to join you but its not required as this site was created for the person who typically does not have someone to travel with! We do a very detailed rooming and diving survey to help match you with a compatible roommate and we guarantee a same gender roommate or your single supplement is free.

Hopefully this helps you decide better how to proceed! :thankyou: and :welcome:

• Blue151 likes this

formerly...

#24 dpuman

dpuman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 23 March 2015 - 09:22 PM

Very interested in this trip over Memorial Day.  If I am understanding your post correctly, I can get a flight from San Juan to DOM?  It's about $500 to fly to SJU and around $1200 to SXM.

Also, you mentioned you like to have experienced travelers on this trip.  I've flown and dove all over the world, so not short on experience.  But I'm curious, as you seem to have set the expectation to NOT get your bags when you land.  Do you not find that problematic when you have to check dive gear that you need for your dive trip?  Do I just need to plan to fly down a couple of days early?

Thanks for the info.  Expect to pull the trigger in the next few days.

#25 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:10 AM

Vazz and I are in for the second week.  We'll both do single occupancy and will submit forms later.  Flights are booked to SXM and we'll take the SD charter.  

Thanks Beth! Pls post the booking template for each of you and you have plenty of time to get the docs in. :thankyou:

formerly...

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 09:01 AM

Very interested in this trip over Memorial Day.  If I am understanding your post correctly, I can get a flight from San Juan to DOM?  It's about $500 to fly to SJU and around $1200 to SXM.

Also, you mentioned you like to have experienced travelers on this trip.  I've flown and dove all over the world, so not short on experience.  But I'm curious, as you seem to have set the expectation to NOT get your bags when you land.  Do you not find that problematic when you have to check dive gear that you need for your dive trip?  Do I just need to plan to fly down a couple of days early?

Thanks for the info.  Expect to pull the trigger in the next few days.

Howdy and welcome! Great questions. I hope I can answer them satisfactorily.

1. Flights: We only have a charter for SXM to DOM. However you can book via SJU to DOM directly on your own. So check that out since the flights for you to SXM are expensive.

2. Bags: I do not think you need to fly down early ...but you would not regret it if you did. The shop has rental gear until your gear arrives and I would hand carry mask and computer and some people also carry their regs. It is also wise to carry one set of clothes, a bathing suit and some basic toiletries so if your bag is delayed that you can more comfortably survive. Since some carriers only travel to the island 3x a week, they use other carriers to transfer bags but they can't guarantee space so it may take 2 days to get the bag(s). This is why we encourage people to be prepared. And truthfully most of the time everything works fine...but when you are relying on small planes to reach the island...anything can happen!

3. Why we want seasoned divers:

This is why we want seasoned travelers and seasoned divers. They don't get too upset and as they always get over it as soon as they see how great the diving is. New divers just don't have enough to compare too so focus too much on the travel difficulties thereby ruining their vacation. "What do you mean that seeing 3 frogfish on one dive is not normal?" "You mean you don't always see multiple seahorses on a trip?" "Why do we have to go to the Atlantic side? So what if there are big sponges there...I don't like the current." "What do you mean by use the reef to get out of the current?"  I think you get the idea. I am NOT trying to be sarcastic but I have heard all of those comments and yes all were from newer divers. And the ones from more seasoned divers are: "WOW!! WOW!! WOW!!" "This is my new favorite place to dive on this side of the world." "It was worth all the effort to get here."  "I can't believe this place still exists so untouched." 

I hope this helps. And I hope you join us if you are up for the adventure! Although its still easier to get too and Utila...but that is another story! LOL! ;)

formerly...

#27 skidiver

skidiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:05 PM

Payments Summary To Datewe will list as we receive it
Wk 1 (May24-May31) or Wk 2 (May31-Jun7):
Extra Days/Nights: none
Int'l Flight Details:  AA 1341 from Miami  5/23 0700. to San Juan , AA7279 To Dom lv 1220 . Ar 2:10PM .     AA7285 Lv Dom 5/30 2:55 Pm to San Juan , AA1570 lv San Juan 08:15 Pm 
Charter Flight: TELL US IF YOU WANT THE CHARTER AIR ON WINAIR AIRLINES AND WHICH FLIGHTS.- THIS IS VITAL OR YOU MAY DISCOVER YOU DO NOT HAVE THE FLIGHTS YOU WANT/NEED:  no
Nitrox $155 for 10 Trip Dives (or $15.50 per tank extra) or $310 if doing both weeks: no
Whale Tour $59 no
D/O or S/O: D/O
Garden View or Ocean View: Garden
Documents: SD AIR Auth Form - ___ SD Waiver - _____ SD Survey - _____ SD Ins Summary - _____ we will list as we receive these
Dive Insurance Current: DAN  Master plan 2224807  exp 9/30/15
Trip InsuranceMUST choose one
b. I will purchase trip insurance to cover this trip.
Add'l Tours/Diving (List Out):
Other/Special Requests: Tell us your special needs....ex: Mostly vegetarian, will do single or double occupancy to help with rooming, new Rent-A-Buddy program etc.
DISCOUNTS (Delete those that do not apply):
a. I paid in full by 3-15-15 and get to Book/LOCK IN one of the WINAIR AIRWAYS $385 flights (includes taxes) from the limited number of LOCAL CHARTER FLIGHTS SD HAS BLOCKED FOR US from SXM to DOM and back.
b. I paid in full for the TRIP ONLY by 3-15-15 and got a FREE Whale Watching Tour worth $59

c. I paid in full for the TRIP AND LOCAL AIR and get EITHER $25 off my total price OR a Free Whale/Dolphin Tour worth $59
d. I paid in full by 3-15-15 and got a FREE PUP CD of troprock and scuba music!
e. I paid my deposit by 3-15-15 and get ONE chance at a FREE Whale Tour
f. I deposited by 3-15-15 and get first dibs on the limited CONTRACT AIR SEATS ON WINAIR AIRWAYS after those paid in full decide what they want or don't want. (We have 12 spots per week)
g. I submitted my documents within 3 weeks of signing up for the trip, so no add'l $75 document fee.
h. I am Active Duty Military in a country that fights for FREEDOM with the USA so I qualify for an add'l $25 off
i. I am a premier member of SD.com and I can send in my SD.com member rebate within 30 days after the trip for an additional $25 off.
j. I am an SD Repeat Dominica Member and get $25 off my trip price.

• WreckWench likes this

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 08:51 PM

Hey Ritchie! Welcome! Are your cohorts in "fun" joining you?  Let us know! kamala

formerly...

#29 skidiver

skidiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 37 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 26 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

Hey Ritchie! Welcome! Are your cohorts in "fun" joining you?  Let us know! kamala

As of ow I am the only cohort .

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:28 PM

As of ow I am the only cohort .

Darling that works for me!  You will have a blast on this trip and make LOTS OF NEW COHORTS!!! :wakawaka:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users