• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Florida Dive locations?

florida beginner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mundorff

mundorff

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:2

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:02 PM

Hi all, I'm new here and newly Open Water certified.

I am looking for a good way to get in a day of diving on an upcoming business trip within a reasonable driving distance of Orlando. I would need a guide of some sort... so looking to find a shop/resort etc?

I'm really new... looking for location and dive business reccomendations?

Thanks in advance for any information.

• sunshinediver likes this

#2 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,713 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:51 PM

:hiya:  Deborah and :welcome:  to the fabulous world of Singledivers.com.   Also welcome to this incredible activity.  There are lots of members in Florida that hopefully will chime in and give you guidance.   Please also check out the trips Kamala puts on they are the best and a great find for new divers. :wakawaka: 

#3 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

People are starting to get to know me

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:52 PM

Hello and welcome!  :wavey:  I live in Florida and absolutely LOVE SCUBA diving here! I dive several times per week as an instructor, but I also dive for fun. When is your trip and how long are you in Florida? I would recommend diving in any of the beautiful local springs to the area such as Blue Grotto, Troy, or Ginnie. Springs are especially great for newer divers since the water is so crystal clear and there is no current. Let me know more about your visit and maybe I can give you more specific recommendations.

#4 mundorff

mundorff

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:2

Posted 24 September 2015 - 09:54 AM

Thanks so much for the responses!

I am incredibly new to the sport... and have only gone so far once after my course on a dive with friends near where I live renting all my gear from the shop that certified me, so bear with me if I don't really know how this works.

I am actually traveling for business and think I will only have one day to dive - probably the last Thursday in October. I would need to be able to get there from Orlando. I would also need to rent pretty much everything but a mask and snorkel. I would want to hire a guide/master(?is that how it works?) or even pay for private instruction for the day, if that is an option. I am bringing my 16 year old daughter who has just a tiny bit more experience than I do, but not much.

Any suggestions are appreciated. It seemed silly to go to a location with such a reputation for beautfiul dive sites and not try to find an opportunity to dive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users