• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

BELIZE Tours and extra activities

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:31 PM

EXTRA DAY TOURS

Ok some of you are staying late and may want to see the ruins or the zoo etc. All of this can be set up when you get to the hotel you are staying at but seeing who wants to go NOW will help with better planning.

For example Candace aka AquaPacific is staying an extra day and would love to do something to see the country. Anyone up for joining her?

DRY DAY ON THE BOAT TOURS

The last day on the boat which is our dry day can also have some sightseeing built in. Let us know if you are interested and we can work with the boat to try and get something fun set up for you.

Thank you for the input!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 November 2015 - 01:47 PM

Per Candace aka AqauPacific - I don't know if I told you but I'm not flying home til 12:20 PM on Tues, 12/1st.  Is anyone else staying on?  I'm staying in a cheap, quaint looking place called the Red Hut Inn.  I'm not ready to climb to the top of "El Castillo" this year but I see there are lots of interesting excursions  (besides the Mayan Ruins which I definitely want to see on our next trip).

For general BZ City Day & Nature Tours, I'm looking at:
also:
( My friend said to be sure & confirm our Van has AIR CON.)

way-to-go-tours-belize.jpg.cf.jpg

Way To Go Tours Belize - Day Tours (Belize City): Addres...
Way To Go Tours Belize - Day Tours, Belize City: See 2 reviews, articles, and 11 photos of Way To Go Tours Belize - Day Tours, ranked No.22 on TripAdvisor among 27 ...

Preview by Yahoo

inside-the-cave.jpg.cf.jpg

Cave Tubing & Zip Line with Explore Belize Caves (Belize...
Cave Tubing & Zip Line with Explore Belize Caves, Belize City: See 520 reviews, articles, and 286 photos of Cave Tubing & Zip Line with Explore Belize Caves, ranked...

Preview by Yahoo

belize.jpg.cf.jpg

Cave Tubing with Vitalino Reyes (Belize City, Belize): A...
Cave Tubing with Vitalino Reyes, Belize City: See 3,088 reviews, articles, and 1,596 photos of Cave Tubing with Vitalino Reyes, ranked No.1 on TripAdvisor among 27 ...

Preview by Yahoo

This is the one I think I like Best.  With a 2 person Min, They pick you up @ 8 AM & it's $110/person & includes BZ style lunch. It's an 8 Hr. tour. With 8 people, the price comes down to $65/person. Can see more at:     
info@cavetubing.bz

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 aquapacific

aquapacific

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:Adv'd Open Water & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:at least 300 (Don't really keep track)

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:20 PM

I forgot to say:   the guys that cater to the Cruise Ships don't all    HV YOUR TUBES DOWN THERE, READY &  WAITING.

Schleping them down to the river wd eat up time & be a Big Problem for me (cuz I'm not able to hike around all that well yet).

They also show up w/ Big Crowds all at once.

#4 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 14 November 2015 - 07:22 PM

We are trying to go to the Lanai ruins on the day the ship sets out.  Trip advisor makes it sound like we have time.  Anyone else interested.

#5 Cannella

Cannella

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveMaster
  • Logged Dives:280

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:44 AM

Hi Kamala,

I am interested in doing something Friday when the boat gets back to dock, What are some choices or availability for side trips at that time?

Kristi

#6 YoloDiver

YoloDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:45+

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:15 AM

Cmd. Clownfish - I would be interested in seeing the ruins, can you provide more info? What time and cost?

I was also interested in something on Friday when we return, is just cave tubing a possibility?

Edited by YoloDiver, 15 November 2015 - 11:16 AM.

• YoloDiver likes this

#7 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:42 AM

Cmd. Clownfish - I would be interested in seeing the ruins, can you provide more info? What time and cost?

I was also interested in something on Friday when we return, is just cave tubing a possibility?

Its a 6 hr tour that starts and ends at the Radisson.  We go by bus Orange Walk, which should be an interesting trip by itself if you are not familiar with the caribbean.  Then it is a boat ride down the river to the ruins.  $70 for 3+, which with you we will have.  $75 otherwise

http://www.lamanaibe....com/tours.html

here is a youtube video:

We are reserving a little late so we will see if I can get in.  Probably will not be a problem.  These local tours generally only take a days notice to arrange.  I have not worked out what to do with the bags during the tour.  Bring a raincoat.  It's monsoon season apparently.  

#8 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 11:50 AM

We would also be interested in a tour on Friday.  Maybe a zipline.  What time does the boat dock?

#9 YoloDiver

YoloDiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:45+

Posted 15 November 2015 - 12:27 PM

Cmdr. Clownfish, that tour looks amazing. Sign me up! :)

#10 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:46 PM

ok I just got the tour guys to reply so I will reserve 3 today just to get a spot for sure and if anyone else wants to come along then please post here and I will increase the number if possible.  

They will pick us up at that Radisson at 8am and have us back by 4:30.  Working on 3 options to store the bags.  One is confirmed, one is very likely, and the one is not so likely.   

Looking forward to it.

#11 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 15 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

ok I just got the tour guys to reply so I will reserve 3 today just to get a spot for sure and if anyone else wants to come along then please post here and I will increase the number if possible.  

They will pick us up at that Radisson at 8am and have us back by 4:30.  Working on 3 options to store the bags.  One is confirmed, one is very likely, and the one is not so likely.   

Looking forward to it.

also from the tour operator:

"The tour is a 6 hour tour,,and yes we can get you back like 4:30 at the raddisonon,,, our pick up time is at 8am at your hotel,and yes you can leave your  luggage in the van it will be safe,   (booking is fast and easy) to book i just need a name to put the booking on ,,,, the package includes: ac van lunch, sodas, water, fruit,park fees  and the guide, the price is 70us each   ,(NO Deposit) ,payments are done on the day of the tour in cash.

This tour include, the transfer from Belize City on an air Condition van, then the hour boat ride to the site, the tour at the site together with the park fees and the( Best homemade local Belizean dish for lunch). There is possibilities of Seeing wildlife. however i will not guarantee them Cause of their nature. But Please note there is a big possibility of seeing perhaps a variety species of Birds, Monkeys, and Crocodiles on the way to the site and at the site. At the site, we should be there for about an hour to and hour and a half give and take of hiking in the jungle from one area to the other area."

#12 NancyJ 73B

NancyJ 73B

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue /PADI; Cavern - some other organization
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:03 AM

Is anyone going zip lining?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users