• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

OPEN FOR BOOKING!! 2016-04: TRUK, Apr 3-10 OR 17-24, 2016

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:57 AM

• Click HERE TO BOOK NOW!! 
  • Click HERE for current AVAILABILITY on this trip!
  • Click HERE for Why our Trips are Unique & What Others Have Said About our Trips!
  • Click HERE for How to Sign up for our Trips AND Important SD Trip Booking Related Info.
  • Click HERE to Register as a Premier Member (CREATE A FUN NAME AS IT CANT BE CHANGED LATER) or HERE to Upgrade to a Premier Member of SingleDivers.com
  • Click HERE to LIKE our FaceBook PAGE and to share pics & more...

gallery_4927_289_2378848.jpg

YES you read that right....NOW 2 Different Trips on Truk Odyssey in 2016 with an ala cart landbased option between them.

So here is our FINAL schedule for SingleDivers.com's Hailstone Tour 2016 - NOTE ALL TRUK TRIPS WILL BE VETTED TO ENSURE THE BEST EXPERIENCE FOR EVERYONE*:

Palau - March 24-April 3 - CAN DO 7 or 10 days!
Truk Odyssey - April 3-10, 2016 (OPEN trip for SD.com and anyone wanting to join us willing to agree to proper wreck diving etiquette!)
Truk 'ala cart' - April 10-17, 2016 for extra land based days in Truk at Blue Lagoon Resort
Truk Odyssey - April 17-24, 2016 (OPEN trip for SD.com and anyone wanting to join us willing to agree to proper wreck diving etiquette!)
Philippines NOW - April 24 - May 1, 2016

* All Truk trips will be vetted meaning that either SD.com or the boat or known instructors vouch for your finning skills and/or ability to dive. Everyone diving on these trips including myself will agree that if for any reason their finning skills are not to the standards of the group that they will be the last in line thru the wreck so as to not silt it up for the others. In extreme cases you may be asked to dive at different times then the main group. SD.com is an inclusive group however in this one instance the experience of the trip is inherent in the ability to "see" the wreck in the most pristine condition as possible and so we are asking everyone joining us to be vouched for either by Truk Odyssey itself, by SD.com or by instructors/divers we already know. We thank you for your cooperation. And yes I am not above the requirements that I am placing on others. There are many divers better than I so if I am diving with them...I'll be at the back of the pack in my group.

PRICING:

RECREATIONAL/LITE TECH CHARTERS:
16 spots  (shallower wrecks with San Francisco as the GRADUATION DIVE at the end of the week)
Price $3195 cash
+ Taxes of $160 per person
+ $75 Chuuk Dive Permit per person 
+ price of 02 used (32% nitrox included)

TOTAL REC PRICE per diver: $3430 cash

PACKAGE INCLUDES:

• 7 nights on Truk Odyssey
  • Up to 5 dives daily - within recreational/lite tech limits
  • FREE Nitrox - up to 40% (if certified)
  • SD T-Shirt commemorating the trip
  • Air fills, tanks, lead and weight belt
  • Gear Lockers for your gear and LOTS of hanging space for your wetsuits/skins
  • Transfers and taxes included
  • Welcome Beverage upon arrival & group orientation meeting after last group of divers arrive 

NOT INCLUDED:

• Airfare to Truk (TKK)
  • Ala cart days at Blue Lagoon Resort
  • O2 Mixes
  • Rental gear, instruction and retail charges
  • Crew gratuities
  • Trip cancellation insurance - MANDATORY
  • Dive accident insurance - MANDATORY

DISCOUNTS:

• Early Pay in Full Discount #1:  Book and Pay in full by Dec 12, 2015 and receive $100 cash discount
  • Early Booking Bonus: #1:  Two Chances to win a FREE Nitrox Analyzer if signed up by Jan 1, 2016 (worth $300)
  • Early Booking Bonus #2:  One Chance each to win a FREE Nitrox Analyzer if SHARE our Truk Facebook Event on your page or in a group you belong to (other than SingleDivers.com)
  • Active Military Discount: $25
  • Membership Discount #1: Save $75 by getting your trip docs (SD waiver, survey, ins statement, EV boat waiver) submitted within 21 days.
  • Membership Discount #2: Get a $25 rebate after the trip by submitting for your premier membership bonus within 30 days after the trip.

Click here to book any package

*all prices per person, cash option requires selecting e-check at final checkout 
**cash price is the same as the cash price in the forums, new accounting regulations change the way the 3% non-cash convenience fee is applied.

VERY IMPORTANT LINKS:

• Click HERE for Full Trip Details in our New Booking System & Integrated Payment & Document Portal
  • To see who is on this trip click HERE or check the 3rd post of this topic/thread.
  • To see how to sign up and get regular trip updates click HERE or check the 2nd post of this topic/thread.
  • To Register as a basic member and/or upgrade to PREMIER member or above please click HERE

REMEMBER...ALL TRIP GOERS NEED TO BE PREMIER MEMBERS OR ABOVE TO JOIN OUR AMAZING DIVE CLUB TRIPS!!!   Email admin@singledivers.com for help in registering or upgrading if needed! Email trips@singledivers.com for help regarding the trip itself!

Edited by WreckWench, 19 March 2016 - 07:50 PM.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:01 PM

Welcome to the TRUK Trip Details and Booking/Sign Up thread/topic. Below you'll find the 5 easy steps for signing up for one of our trips and the link to our new booking system which will capture your booking requirements correctly. Since others can not see what you've signed up for in the new system we summarize who's going and what they are doing in the 3rd post of this topic. Just look below this post and you'll see it. Let us know if you need any help signing up via trips@singledivers.com or charlies@singledivers.com or kamala@singledivers.com. Otherwise come and join us diving in TRUK!...Hope to see you there!!!

How to Sign Up for A SingleDivers.com Trip in 5 Easy Steps:

Step 1. Register as a Premier Member:
A. Are you new and have not registered on the site yet? Then think of a fun screen name click HERE for ideas and then register HERE. Follow the prompts and choose the 'premier member' option or above in this process and you'll be done.

B. Currently a basic member? Then simply upgrade to premier by clicking on the MEMBERSHIP TAB along the top of the forums HERE and following the prompts for payment.

Step 2: Sign Up and Pay for the trip
We use a cutting edge e-commerce site developed especially for dive trips to book spots on our award winning dive vacations. You can sign up for either a double or single occupancy room (and sometimes other choices) and choose to pay the deposit or the full amount. If you choose to pay with your checking account you will receive a CASH DISCOUNT for paying with cash. Otherwise the price listed includes the credit card fees. (This is a change from our old system which priced trips at the next cash discount and you paid the cc fee if you used a credit card.). To find the lowest price look for all pricing marked in RED with the words CASHNOTE: The cash discount is applied at check out AFTER you choose the e-check option.

a. To sign up from the forums:  Click on the purple BOOK NOW button across the top of the forums or click HERE.  Be sure you are logged in and then choose the trip you want by clicking on the name or the picture for full details. Then click on BOOK NOW when you are ready to add items to your shopping cart. To return to THIS THREAD/TOPIC in the forums simply click on the blue FORUM THREAD box. 

b. To sign up from the new website:  Click on www.singledivers.com then under TRIPS click on UPCOMING TRIPS. Be sure you are logged in and then choose the trip you want by clicking on the name or the picture for full details. Then click on BOOK NOW when you are ready to add items to your shopping cart. To return to THIS THREAD/TOPIC in the forums simply click on the blue FORUM THREAD box.

c. Choose either the trip dep or full amount and add to your shopping cart by clicking the radial dial next to the option you want, verifying the inventory is there below the item and then clicking ADD TO CART . You can also add any add-on's that you would like but they must be paid in full when added to your cart. ONLY the trip can be financed for free via our booking system.

d. Once you have added the trip pkg you want, chosen Deposit or Full trip amount, applied any discounts that apply to you, then clicked on ADD TO CART in the blue box, it will show you your cart and if something is not right click on the x to remove it. Once you are ready to pay click on CHECK OUT box under the summary of what your charges are so far. Review your cart and if its correct click on FINISH unless you wish to keep shopping.

e. Now proceed to the payment options. We accept MC or Visa as well as payments via a one time ACH payment from your checking account. NOTE: Cash discounts will be applied when you click on e-check and proceed to check out. 

HOW TO USE THE PAYMENT SYSTEM:

Please click HERE for step by step directions on how to pay for extras, make progress payments, or other trip related payments.

NOTE: You will be able to see your payments online 24/7 by clicking on MY TRIPS under Trips in the main menu and then clicking on MY PAYMENTS in the upper right.

Step 3: Post in the trip thread/topic that you are joining us:

Want to express intent in joining one of our trips? Ideally this is done in the trip details topic which is called a "thread" in the forums we use. In other words THIS TOPIC YOU ARE CURRENTLY READING. Let our volunteers help you learn the booking process if you have any questions as its critical to all of our 'back and forth' communications. (It can also be done via email and we'll "post" your intent for you in the trip topic/thread if you absolutely can't post it yourself.)

Want to let us know you just signed up to join us? Please post that you have signed up and are joining us. This helps to keep the thread/topic alive as well as encourage new members to ask questions that they may have. This also shows that the trip is alive and well and people are going on it. If you don't make a post we'll post for you to welcome you to the trip and to summarize what you have signed up for. We will THEN summarize all of this in the 3rd post of the trip topic/thread so everyone can see who is doing what!

Step 4: Trip Documents...Where to find them and what to fill out and why:
The trip documents are needed for rooming, diving, understanding your preferences, as well as helping us help you in the case of an emergency etc. They are required to be COMPLETED ONLINE as soon as you complete your order or within 21 days of signing up for a trip (the only exception is your airline info unless you already know what your flights are) or if you need more time we'll add a $75 document fee to your invoice. They must be returned within 3 days if you are signing up within 45 days of departure.  

To find the trip docs online (we no longer accept our old paper docs except for refunds, rebates, cc auth forms etc.) go to www.singledivers.com, click on MY TRIPS under Trips in the main menu and then click on the trip you want if you are signed up for more than one trip and it will tell you which docs need to be completed and which are finished. Click on the document name and it will open and fill it out. NOTE: Once you do your docs in our system once they will be resident you for the next time your travel with us to update and resubmit. You will need to upload some of the information we need but our *upload* tool is very easy to use. If all else fails you can email the docs that need to be uploaded to trips@singledivers.com or fax to 888-480-0906.

Step 5: ONGOING COMMUNICATIONS...
Its a two way street...here's how we tell each other what we need:

We use several tools to keep EVERYONE on a trip updated. They are vitally important for you to monitor and stay apprised of. They are as follows:

A. The "Welcome to the Trip" PM (private message) which is sent to as soon as you sign up for the trip. You can not receive these unless you are a Premier member or above. As soon as you either pay or show interest in the trip thread/topic we'll send you this PM. It has helpful info about signing up for the trip and will be used THROUGHOUT the pre-trip process to keep you updated on critical things regarding your trip with us.

B. The 1st & 3rd & 4th 'posts' in this trip thread (the first has the trip details in it) will contain summarized updates so you don't have to follow every post in the original trip thread. PLEASE monitor these for IMPORTANT UPDATES that affect your trip.

C. The Special Discussion Forums -(THIS MAY BE PHASED OUT in lieu of using the TRIP PM  & open forum topics....monitor the TRIP PM for all main updates. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY BACK TO THE TRIP PM AS EVERYONE GETS YOUR REPLY.) They are private forums that open up approx 30-60 days before a trip and they are FILLED WITH HELPFUL INFORMATION you need for your trip like how the transfer work, money/tipping issues, who's doing what extra tours or diving, etc. We also use these forums to discuss PRIVATE matters such as exchanging celfone numbers so you can meet up at the airport together etc. ONLY members on the trip have access to these private trip discussion forums. Since they are password protected you will receive the special password for the private forum via the TRIP PM.

And that's it. If you need help feel free to email trips@singledivers.com or charlies@singledivers.com or kamala@singledivers.com and one of us will help you! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2014-2017 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 12:03 PM

WHO'S GOING & AVAILABILITY UPDATE:

Booking Summary:

• Week 1 - April 3-10 = 4 cabins d/o = 8 spaces - 3 = 5 available
  • Week 2 - April 17-24 = 4 cabins d/o = 8 spaces - 4 =  4 available

Buffer days available at Blue Lagoon Resort - Add days to the end of Week 1 or the beginning of Week 2!

D/O not guaranteed for these buffer days.  If you choose to use the buffer, please be prepared to pay an additional fee for S/O.   

• Buffer Nights = 5 rooms d/o = 10 spaces:
  • Additional Dive Days - 2 tanks per day

SUMMARY OF WHO IS GOING:

Week 1 - April 3-10

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Ellen aka SeaLassie

3. Pete aka Sir Pete

Week 2 - April 17-24

1. Kamala aka WreckWench
2. Kurt aka brat

3. Shaun aka scardiver

4. Ed aka Diver Ed  (In procress of signing up)

Buffer Days -  Blue Lagoon April 10-17

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - April 10-17
2. Kurt aka brat - 3 days

3. Shaun aka ScarDiver - 1 day April 24

4. Ed aka Diver Ed - April 13-17 (Based on Arrival 13 Apr 11:08am TKK)

Booking Templates are now obsolete with our NEW BOOKING SYSTEM! :cool1: :cloud9: You can now make Deposits, partial or full trip payments, purchase add-ons all on our NEW Home Page under the TRIPS Tab. (Plus you can REVIEW what you have purchased using TRIPS -> MY TRIPS and selecting specific trips you have booked from the dropdown list!)   

formerly...

#4 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:49 PM

I so much want to join this trip, as the two previous trips to truk were amazing, and easily qualify as trips of a lifetime.  Seeing how much some of the wrecks had deteriorated in the couple of years between the two trips, I realize that they will not always be accessable like they were when we first went.  Considering the fact that they have been under water for 70 plus years now, I guess I shouldnt be surprised that areas are no longer accessable.  I am so thankful that I made the last two trips, and was able to see and experience that part of history.  Knowing how time is eroding the wrecks makes me want to do what ever I can to get back there and experience it one more time.  Hopefully, somehow.

#5 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 27 February 2016 - 03:32 PM

For the lucky divers going on one of these trips, those of us who have already been there, or anyone who may be thinking about this trip, Jerry wrote a wonderful summary of the SingleDivers 2012 trip to Truk HERE.  The trip is amazing in more than just the diving sense, as his report shows.  I encourage people to check out the Forum about Memories of SingleDivers trips, and read Jerry's post.

Ed

• brat likes this

#6 brat

brat

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced open water and Nitrox [Tdisdi]
  • Logged Dives:1000 PLUS

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:48 AM

Do you still have any of the two cancelations available for this trip?

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:32 PM

Do you still have any of the two cancelations available for this trip?

Yes we had several cancellations. Email sent!

formerly...

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 01:33 PM

FOR THOSE CURIOUS ABOUT THIS TRIP....HERE is a perspective from a more technical diver BUT it demonstrates the boat's willingness to let ANY DIVER do what they want to have an amazing experience including purely recreational divers!

formerly...

#9 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 28 February 2016 - 08:02 PM

FOR THOSE CURIOUS ABOUT THIS TRIP....HERE is a perspective from a more technical diver BUT it demonstrates the boat's willingness to let ANY DIVER do what they want to have an amazing experience including purely recreational divers!

That is very true.  I spent a lot of years figuring that I would never dive Truk.  The belief was that it was all DEEP diving.  When I did finally make the trip, I was open water and nitrox certified only.  The trip started with wrecks that you could have spent your whole dive at 50-70 feet or less, and gradually worked towards deeper diving through out the week as everyone got more comfortable.The wrecks did get deeper as we went along, but we always had the option of working along the shallower part of the wreck if we wanted to avoid deco diving, and still increase our bottom time.  I saw divers gaining confidence in their skills, as the week progressed, and that was from a combination of being around some very good divers ( who were always happy to share experiences and suggestions ), an amazing crew, and some deeper diving in minimal currents.  

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 09:36 AM

Thanks Ed! I couldn't have said it better! :thankyou:

formerly...

#11 brat

brat

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 05:25 PM

I just singed up for truk the week of April 17 to 23. I need a buddy if interested let me know.

#12 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:30 PM

I just singed up for truk the week of April 17 to 23. I need a buddy if interested let me know.

Hello Kurt and welcome aboard our Truk 2016 trip! We understand you are a new member, especially with regard to our Trips process, so here are a couple of insightful tips you may find helpful:

- Kamala employs a unique strategy for both dive buddy and roommate matching that involves a couple of easy surveys. Using this information Kamala is able to assign the most compatible dive buddies and roommates (not necessarily the same person) so you are able to get the most enjoyment from your trip.

- As part of the Trip Booking process you are required to complete several documents including liability release, insurance information, flight arrangements and also a Diving Survey as well as a Rooming Survey. It is an online process and your answers in the forms are retained so on future trips you need only tweak information changes, saving you the trouble of filling in complete forms for every trip (the Old Way, ugh!)...

- Unless there are specific dive buddy and/or roommate requests which BOTH MEMBERS must agree in writing, Kamala takes the survey information and compares with every other member on a trip. Typically, roommate and dive buddy assignments are announced the first evening of the trip at a group dinner of all trip attendees. Assignments are not written in stone, however The Wench enjoys an enviable reputation in assigning the best matches for buddies and roomies without wasting precious days of trial and error.

Since you have Booked the Truk trip with either a Deposit or Full Payment, the next step is to complete the Documents process. Go to the New Home Page www.singledivers.com and log in, then navigate the tabs to reach "TRIPS" -> "MY TRIPS". When that page opens, click the small arrow on the right edge of the listbox and the Truk Trip should appear as one you have Booked. Select the Truk Trip option and you will see a list of documents appear below. The red banner beside each document entry means the system has not yet received input from you for that document. You have to click the small light blue lettered (form) link at the end of each document name, such as "GENERAL INFORMATION (form)". This opens that particular Online Form. Complete at a minimum every field flagged with a red asterisk (*) otherwise the form will not accept when you click the "SUBMIT" button.

You have time, three weeks from the Booking date in fact, to complete the Forms without penalty. You can always go back to a form you hav ealready successfully submitter shoudl there be a need to change information; just remember to select (in thsi case) the Truk trip from the MY TRIP listbox. If you have any questions about the forms please email charlies@singledivers.com and we can help further.

Again, welcome to the Truk trip! It promises to be another amazing Bucket List adventure, shared with our group of friendly, experienced but buddyless divers! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#13 brat

brat

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 March 2016 - 04:42 AM

thank you admin I completed all the forms yesterday! I know kamala will do a great job of finding me a great dive buddy! I can not wait to see all the wrecks at turk.
kurt the brat

#14 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 09 March 2016 - 06:58 PM

Still trying to work out a way to get on this trip.  I looked at flights out of LAX for Monday April 11, returning April 24.  $1808.  Great price if anyone else is trying to make it work.  The last time I did this trip, I spent a few days on the front end in Truk.  I had 8 wreck dives in before the rest of the group landed in Truk.  I strongly recommend it, if you can make the last minute trip.  I am sure Kamala can check on rooms and set up the extra diving as well.

#15 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 19 March 2016 - 09:25 AM

I'M  DOING  IT ! ! ! ! ! ! !

As I mentioned before, this is a once in a lifetime trip.  I have been lucky enough to do it twice already.  After looking at the deterioration of the wrecks between my first and second trips,

I know that it will only get worse with the passing of each year, and each storm.  Add to that the fact that I am getting older myself, and this is most likely the last chance that I will have to

experience this diving at such an amazing place, and look once again at this part of history.  I found flights out of LAX for $1806.00, and I figured I couldnt pass it up. 

DIVING  THE  WRECKS  OF  TRUK  AGAIN ! ! ! ! ! ! !

I will be on the April 17-24 trip. 

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users