• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NOW OPEN!! 2016:07 Best of Mexico, July 2-9, 2016

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#31 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:57 AM

Oh dang. Everywhere I've been had started using slip ons and I stopped using my dive boot/fin combo. I guess I'll need to buy a new pair.
Also, can you answer my question about divers insurance? Never heard of that. The forms imply I need to get it?

Dive insurance focuses coverage on injuries and illnesses specific to scuba diving which actually reduces premium in general. It can be purchased as Primary coverage or as a Secondary rider if you have a strong comprehensive health insurance policy that includes coverage outside the United States when diving places like, oh, say, Cozumel. :cool:

Due to the risk of liability, dive insurance is required for all of our trips.

The quoted information below is what we include about insurance with every Dive Trip offered on the Home Website. It is contained in the dropdown under Insurance, Documentation, and T&C's. If you still have questions, need more details or would like help navigating DAN or DiveAssure please email trips@singledivers.com for more assistance. :pirate: The pirate is here to help! :teeth:

Oh and if you have not already, as a first time trip attendee we strongly encourage you to review all the purple titled dropdown blocks, they have been refined from our earliest trip feedback up to today specifically to aid with answers to common questions.  :thankyou:  and :wavey: !!!

*******************************************QUOTED from Best of Mexico "Insurance, Documentation, and T&C's" dropdown block********************************

INSURANCE

DIVE Insurance is required! DIVE insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers DIVING ACCIDENTS and air lifts…it is CHEAP (approx $100) to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are covered for an entire year of diving. 

We recommend:

Dive Assure: for either a 'one time' policy OR an annual policy for BOTH Dive & Trip Insurance providing PRIMARY COVERAGE with excellent rates and coverage! Please reference SingleDivers.com via the drop-down menu under GLOBAL PARTNERS. (If you can not find the drop down, do not reference anyone and email info@singledivers.com your policy info and we will do it for you via our Dive Assure company representative.)

Diver's Alert Network: Please use our reference number when ordering: ID1603080   (This only works if you are a new first time DAN member.) 

Trip Insurance is STRONGLY SUGGESTED and/or required (depending on the trip)!  TRIP insurance is VERY inexpensive. Even if you have insurance that you think covers your trip…it is CHEAP (approx $100-$200) to get a supplemental policy to ensure you are covered for your investment in your dive trip. If you opt to not get trip insurance you are responsible for all losses related to your trip including not going for any reason.

We recommend:

Dive Assure: for either a 'one time' policy OR an annual policy for BOTH Dive & Trip Insurance with excellent rates and coverage! Please reference SingleDivers.com via the drop-down menu under GLOBAL PARTNERS. (If you can not find the drop down, do not reference anyone and email info@singledivers.com your policy info and we will do it for you via our Dive Assure company representative.)

Diver's Alert Network: Please use our reference number when ordering: ID1603080   (This only works if you are a new first time DAN member.)

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#32 StillDiving

StillDiving

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:AdvOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 02 April 2016 - 07:23 PM

Dropped by the Single Divers table at Beneath the Sea today (Saturday April 2) to ask some questions about the Best of Mexico trip and got confused about the whale shark snorkeling.  Do I have this right -- all lodging is on Cozumel, but the whale shark tour is not off Cozumel, instead requires ferry/land transfer (part of package price) to someplace closer to Cancun?   I did not sign-up at the table today - I guess I missed out on a Beneath the Sea discount?   (I spoke with Helen and JerryMXZ today.) 

#33 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 03 April 2016 - 08:45 AM

Dropped by the Single Divers table at Beneath the Sea today (Saturday April 2) to ask some questions about the Best of Mexico trip and got confused about the whale shark snorkeling.  Do I have this right -- all lodging is on Cozumel, but the whale shark tour is not off Cozumel, instead requires ferry/land transfer (part of package price) to someplace closer to Cancun?   I did not sign-up at the table today - I guess I missed out on a Beneath the Sea discount?   (I spoke with Helen and JerryMXZ today.) 

Hello Richard, yes the whale shark snorkel tours (2 days) will be day trips originating from our resort Casa del Mar on Cozumel. This is true of the Cenotes dive as well. The transfers and park fees for the whale shark tour AND Cenotes totals $125 and is not part of the package price, it is an Add On you add to the shopping cart from the Best of Mexico Trip Page after clicking the "Book Now" button.

Here is a direct link to the Best of Mexico Trip Page on the recently renovated SingleDivers.com website. Click the purple lettered titles down the page to open dropdown text blocks with tons of details about the trip, whats included or not, any special requirements, travel tips etc. You must log in on the main website to Book the trip, use the same Member Name and password you have for here on the Forums.

Sorry I cannot speak to any arrangements for a Beneath the Sea sign up discount, I will ask Helen or Jose via email to chime in here on that. Hope this helps and look forward to having you join Kamala and her scuba posse in Cozzieland this summer!

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#34 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:03 AM

Last I heard you're cheap/easy when the wind blows....slack tide......graveyard shift....should I continue?????

Dog - don't know how this one got by me.... Oh yeah, "slack tide". :sleep: Here Buddy, let me make sure your air is on. :teeth:

......oops.... :-D

#35 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 08 April 2016 - 07:44 AM

Last I heard you're cheap/easy when the wind blows....slack tide......graveyard shift....should I continue?????

Dog - don't know how this one got by me.... Oh yeah, "slack tide". :sleep: Here Buddy, let me make sure your air is on. :teeth:

......oops.... :-D

Brad: we just took your silence on this subject to be a confirmation of what Sparky103 said. Fortunately you have also become a top Charlie for Single Divers (who said the shock collar wouldn't work?). So thanks for keeping us informed and organized. Just remember my 80% o2 deco bottle for the motel room after a long night of frosty beverages.

• dive_sail_etc likes this
Breathe deeply but slowly and the world unfolds before you.

#36 WarmWaterOnly

WarmWaterOnly

Getting started

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 24 April 2016 - 12:00 PM

I can't find any way to add either the $125 transfer fees or the $72 nitrox to my cart.  

#37 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 01:00 PM

I can't find any way to add either the $125 transfer fees or the $72 nitrox to my cart.  

Leslie I will provide assistance by email; certainly you should be able to see and purchase these Add-Ons, we will figure it out! :) Our goal is for you to only be thinking about :diver: ! (and) :D

#38 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 06:53 AM

Sadly another whale shark was killed by chinese fishermen. Fortunately after on-line protests and pressure, the fishermen were fined for killing it. Very little is known about the largest fish in the ocean; be we do know they are an endangered and protected species throughout most of the world. I also know I am looking forward to seeing them in the wild in just a few more weeks! Going to be an awesome trip. Looking forward to sharing it with some amazing people.

There is still room to be part of this adventure.

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 14 May 2016 - 06:18 AM

Hello all...I'm back from several of our late winter and early spring trips and so excited to see so many great people joining us on this trip. Just to reaffirm a few things...

1. We DO require DIVE INSURANCE on all our trips. If something happens it enables me to be sure we get you home safe and sound QUICKLY and without any medical attention delay FOREIGN COUNTRIES do not have to provide medical services UNLESS YOU CAN PAY FOR THEM. The dive insurance will pay for them if you use www.diveassure.com or reimburse you if you use www.diversalertnetwork.net.  I prefer the former but please have at least one of them. They are approx $125 a year for the membership and the insurance...its CHEAP and can save your life.  Please use the referral info in the TRIP DETAILS under the tab INSURANCE so we can better act on your behalf in the event of an emergency.

2. Seacorral we can check to see if they can get the slip on fins...what size do you need? Also drop a line to us letting us know the last time you have dove? You may want to take advantage of our Rent-A-Buddy program. :cool1:

3. Scott and Jeff... keep the fun coming...I think Brad has gotten soft! ;)

4. Snorkeling but staying at hotel in Cozumel...YES we will stay in one hotel vs switching and do the whaleshark snorkeling for 2 days and the cenotes for one. The add on pkg for transfers, park fees, etc ALSO INCLUDES a few basic tips for all the taxi drivers and "several group bag haulers". If you get a private bag carrier from the ferry to the van meeting place PLEASE tip them yourself.

5. As we get closer to the trip we will use our GROUP PRIVATE MESSAGE to send you last minute info that will help you have a great trip. To attend our trips and receive this group trip private message your premier dues ($35 a year of which you can get a $25 rebate after every trip you take if you file for it) must be current. If you need help doing this please send an email to trips@singledivers.com and we will help you get your dues upgraded.

So please make sure we have your DIVE INSUR:ANCE and you are upgraded to our PREMIER MEMBERSHIP level. :thankyou

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#40 seacorral

seacorral

Getting started

• Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Cert Level:NAUI certified advanced diver with Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:@200

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:05 AM

Kamala,

Welcome back!  How were your trips?

That's ok about the slip ons.  I'm going to purchase some new dive boots.  My last dive was about 2 years ago in the local quarry so not too deep.  Maybe 30 feet.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#41 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:22 AM

Reference Kamala's Point #2: I do encourage the rent-a buddy program. Brad has always found the surface after a dive and Just4trix almost always gets us back to the right dive boat; and then there are the real Rent-a Buddy that Kamala can officially set you up with - they are top notch.

Reference Kamala's point #3: Brad has ALWAYS been soft; he's just a big softy. But many of us would not be on a SD trip without his help with the process.

Reference Kamala's point#4: I am much happier settling into one motel room for the week, than having to switch hotels after a couple of days. If you need a bag carrier, my Sherpa rates are better than anyone else's.

Reference Kamala's point #5: I'm ready for the group PM. We've got a 2+30 minute lay over in Atlanta before boarding for Cozumel. Anybody up for an opening drink at the airport in Atlanta? Details, will be posted in the group PM once it is up.

Please note: There is no official costume party associated with this trip. So I will not attempt to disguise myself as a responsible adult.

49 days to go!!! Can I get excited now?

Starshark aka Scott

#42 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 May 2016 - 09:15 AM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE - DISCOUNTS:

Hey gang we need you to look at the purple TAB called DISCOUNTS in the booking system (click on the link at the top of this topic and it will take you to the specific booking details for THIS trip or click on the blue box called BOOK NOW and it will take you to the full trip details in the new website/booking system.  Once there click on the trip you are interested in and READ THE DISCOUNT details under the purple tab called DISCOUNTS  to know what they are AND to get the code needed to get the discount. You must use the code when you book as they are not retroactive after you sign up. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause but the accounting expenses of manually trying to do the discount is far exceeding the discount amount making it very prohibitive to manage this way. So please be sure to use the discount code AT TIME OF INITIAL BOOKING.  :thankyou:

NOTE: The EBD or Early Booking Discounts can only be used as follows:

1. When paying in full

2. When you first sign up

3 By the deadline given. After that deadline they disappear and the code will not work. (So please leave a buffer if you need to xfer money or have questions.) :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#43 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:03 AM

Welcome Mary aka treesnseas and Walt aka Wet Wally to the Best of Mexico Trip! Both are new members as well, and we look forward to showing ALL the new members on this trip what makes SingleDivers.com trips a cut above.... er... while diving below... *shrugs* You know what I mean! :diver:

• Starshark12003 and Wet Wally like this

#44 Starshark12003

Starshark12003

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 03:27 PM

Welcome Mary aka treesnseas and Walt aka Wet Wally to the Best of Mexico Trip! Both are new members as well, and we look forward to showing ALL the new members on this trip what makes SingleDivers.com trips a cut above.... er... while diving below... *shrugs* You know what I mean! :diver:

Greetings Mary and Walt: Welcome to Single Divers and the Best of Mexico trip! you will find divers of every skill level and experience on these trips and the trips themselves are diverse enough to offer something for everyone. While some of us know each other from other trips, and some of us are the best of friends, all of us are excited to meet new friends who share our love of diving. We have all been "the new guy/gal," and many of us have experienced less than enthusiastic welcomes from other dive groups. Single Divers prides itself on no cliques and everyone is an old friend just met. So we are excited to have you (and the other new members) make a great bi-annual trip even better.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you would prefer to ask the question less publicly you can send a private message (PM) to any other member. Hint: click on their profile picture and then select "message" to send a PM. I suggest you ask dive_sail_etc (Brad) as he is as smart as the Oracle of Delphi, but feel free to ask me. We are both on this trip, so if we give bad info; you can take it out on us personally while in Mexico. 

Thanks for being a part of the adventure.

Starshark aka Scott

#45 treesnseas

treesnseas

Getting started

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 19 May 2016 - 11:39 AM

Thanks for the welcome Scott.  Looking forward to meeting everyone in Mexico. :wavey:

• dive_sail_etc and Starshark12003 like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users