• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Huge Thanks - post BTS 2016

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 FishFriend

FishFriend

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 03 April 2016 - 10:22 PM

I can't thank each of you enough for all your help, efforts and support at BTS 2016.   We had such a successful event - all thanks to each of you.   Even in Kamala's absence I know we pulled off a great showing for SD at BTS.   We welcomed many visitors to the SD booth and educated so many about SD's mission and had some great chats along the way.  

I hope each of you enjoyed BTS 2016 and had some time to wander the show floor.   We had a great turnout at happy hour and everyone seemed to enjoy the libations and dinner.  

Saturday evening I was lucky to attend the BTS Film Festival and can't say enough about this event (Saturday at 8:30 pm at La Quinta).   Each of the films was introduced by some amazing diving legend  (Dr. Sylvia Earle, Ernie Brooks, etc).  The short films were simply amazing and I hope you'll consider attending this during BTS 2017.   My favorite was called "Bali" and I'm hopeful to get some additional info about it that I can pass onto you.  It was AMAZING!  

On Sunday morning, Jerry and I were honored (really HONORED) to welcome Dr. Phil Nuytten to the SD booth.  Dr. Nuytteen is a diving legend and the developer of the Newtsuit.   Dr. Nuytten was very generous with his time and told us all about his new suit that will allow a diver to remain at significant depth for 5 hours w/out deco issues.  The impact of this would be huge on exploration and research.   His visit was a true highlight of my 2016 BTS experience.  

Again, I extend my true gratitude to each of you for your efforts all weekend.  

Helen

#2 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:11 AM

I want to mirror Helen's thank you to everyone who helped out this weekend. As the saying goes many hands make light work. With the great turnout of volunteers I confident everyone had ample opportunities to visit with friends, to shop all the great retail sales booths and plan their next trip to the myriad of absolutely fabulous dive destinations all over the world.  I have a great number of friends I must visit every year at BTS that I just would not be able to see otherwise.

Also It's not everyday you get to stand and talk to Dr Phil Nutten and Stan Waterman in the same weekend.  I'm still getting goose bumps thinking about it.  I personally want to thank Helen and my very good friend Sylvia for all the behind the scenes ground work and hard work to make this little endeavor possible.   Jose, Jenny and everyone else Thank You!!  Great happy hour at Cheeseburger in Paradise!

I would be remiss (and a little bit in the dog house) if i didn't also give a big shout out to very special girl friend Lisa who came up from Washington DC on a Greyhound bus Friday night.  I met her in NYC just off Times Square, and then we went to an AWESOME Irish restaurant for dinner.  Then with literally minutes to spare, we got last minute tickets to the Broadway Theater and saw Fiddler on the Roof!  That was one of the BEST shows I have ever seen. I still don't know which I like better this one or La Mis!!

To all the folks who read this and haven't made it for whatever reason, Please next year make it a point to come out and visit.  If you can come out and help that would be great!! If not just stop by and say Hi, That would be great too!

Edited by Jerrymxz, 04 April 2016 - 06:22 PM.

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#3 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 04 April 2016 - 01:22 PM

Thanks to Helen and Sylvia for all the hard work to organize the endeavor and Jerry and Kar for getting us setup on Friday. It was great seeing everyone again and I look forward to next year! 

• Jerrymxz likes this

#4 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 04 April 2016 - 06:24 PM

Hey gang I just realized that this is in the special forum!  we are the only ones who can see it!!  Helen if you would like i'll ask Brad to move this into an open forum so everyone can see it.  What do you all think!!

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   

#5 FishFriend

FishFriend

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:16 AM

I FOUND the link to the "Bali Up Close" short film - by Evan Sherman/Seasick Productions.   Wow!   Make sure to watch with sound on. 

• little mermaid likes this

#6 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 05:17 AM

i'm to ask Brad to move this to the open forum.  GREAT STUFF!!!

#7 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:41 AM

Done. :wavey: Glad to here BTS was such a smash success!

Hey gang I just realized that this is in the special forum!  we are the only ones who can see it!!  Helen if you would like i'll ask Brad to move this into an open forum so everyone can see it.  What do you all think!!

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#8 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:56 AM

We worked hard but we had a blast.  Thanks Brad you're the man!!

Edited by Jerrymxz, 05 April 2016 - 08:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users