• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2016 Best of Florida

More info

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Stayyoung

Stayyoung

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:431

Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:41 PM

NO 2016 FLORIDA TRIP....

Sadly I have part of our company move to Florida conflicting with this trip. I will not be on the trip and its officially delayed until next year. Once we are based in Florida we will have a lot of trips in our new backyard!

If some of you still want to try and do this trip I will try to set it up so you can dive with the operators we were going to use. They would love the peeps on the boat. BUT...this trip will require that one or more you rent a car to get to and from the diving ops and pick up tanks at the dive shop etc. If you want me to help I will but I am scheduled to be moving this week ...so can not dive. :( - KAMALA aka WRECKWENCH

Hi Might be interested in the florida trip is there more info available yet. need the cost and number of dive days.Oh is there any wrecks on this trip

• Stayyoung likes this

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 21 April 2016 - 08:34 AM

Hi,

Might be interested in the florida trip is there more info available yet. need the cost and number of dive days.Oh is there any wrecks on this trip

Hello Jerry and as you are a relatively new member, Welcome Aboard SingleDivers.com. We notice you discovered us at Beneath the Sea, Our Volunteer Elves say there were lots of interesting dive symposiums on various topics this year, glad you were able to make the event.

This year's Best of Florida trip should be open for booking as soon as Kamala aka WreckWench returns fro leading another trip (a series of rips actually) currently underway in the Western Pacific. (She holds the pink slip so she has to approve the final resort and operator pricing and support contract.) Here is a direct link to LAST YEAR'S Best of Florida trip. The pricing, dive schedule and amenities are well within the ballpark of what we expect this year. I can add that as a veteran of this trip the dive profiles are a mix of about 60% drift reef diving and, current and other prevailing conditions permitting, some pretty good wreck sites as well. Hope you decide to join this or any of Kamala's terrific trips!

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 Stayyoung

Stayyoung

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 April 2016 - 06:55 AM

Thank You

#4 Stayyoung

Stayyoung

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:43 AM

The full trip compared to the half trip ,how  many more dives are available? .Meaning  in the afternoon is it one dive or is it two dives if doing boat?.If shore diving is it one or maybe two? Just to compare the difference 

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,062 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 April 2016 - 08:44 AM

The full trip compared to the half trip ,how  many more dives are available? .Meaning  in the afternoon is it one dive or is it two dives if doing boat?.If shore diving is it one or maybe two? Just to compare the difference 

Best of Florida will not offer any shore diving, and with AM trips every day we leave it to the member to research any shore dive opportunities; the nearest we know of is in the Ft. Lauderdale area, over 50 miles to the south of where we will be based.

The Half vs. Full Trip arrangement did not fly as well in practice as our pre-trip market research indicated it should. I do not believe Kamala will be offering Full Trip / Half Trip packages this year. Instead she will likely offer a Base Package equal to last year's Half Trip, which was one AM two tank boat trip per day on the first three days with our operator in Boynton PLUS a PM two tank boat trip with the same operator as an "Add-On" in the Booking System. The Add-On has a quantity counter, you can order 1 2 or 3 PM boat trips, if less than the max of three you add in the Comments section when the Add-On is purchased or in the Dive Survey specifically which dates you wish to apply the PM dive trip Add-On(s). I am sure there will be a minimum number of PM Trip Add-On slots which must be met for the PM trip to activate, in the case of any of the three days that number is not met the money will be refunded or applied to a different Trip Add-On at the member's discretion. Each of these boat trips were less than $100 each last year, but to be clear final pricing is not yet known for this year.

We always take our Jupiter Shark Encounter trips the last three days of the package - they are three tank trips per day, the operator's max as there is not enough time to run two of his type trips per day. Those cost a little over $100 per trip, again we have no final pricing yet but expect this trip to be finalized and opened as soon as Kamala returns to reliable Stateside Internet and more compatible time zone differences.

You should be able to work out the various number of dives available from the descriptions above; hope it helps...

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#6 Stayyoung

Stayyoung

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 05:45 AM

Thank you for the info

#7 divengolf

divengolf

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech + Rescue + Solo; 500+ dives; Mostly Photo.
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 May 2016 - 09:00 PM

Please notify me when booking opens on this trip.

Thx.

Harry

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 16 May 2016 - 08:59 AM

Hey Harry we will. If all goes well it will be this week. We will not offer the full version but can set up extra diving for members if they want to do more dives. As Brad said we will not have any shorediving but we will do the Blue Heron Bridge at least once!

Are you local or flying in?

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 20 May 2016 - 03:24 PM

IMPORTANT TRIP UPDATE:

Hey gang...we have been doing some hard soul searching and have been wrestling with the following:

1. We are moving the company to Florida hopefully by the end of 2016 (dates are slipping a bit from summer of 2016)

2. We are in a rebuilding phase after coming off a tough 3 years for the wench personally

3. We had some technical issues with the site that thanks to one of our MOST AMAZING MEMBERS turned into a positive vs a negative but cost of a great deal of time and energy expended to rectify and improve

4. We are severely behind in getting this trip opened and risk not fill it.

SO.....

We can do the following

1. Not offer our Best of Florida trip this year but DEFINITELY offer it next year as a lead into our Cuba trip in 2017 around Labor Day and focus exclusively on completing 2017 and 2018's calendar

2. Offer this trip BUT only to those wanting to sign up now and we'll release all other spots on the boat and a few of us will just go diving in two of Florida's best diving venues.

If anyone has already booked this time off for vacation and can not reschedule PLEASE let us now asap so we can just have a few of us go diving. Otherwise we apologize for not being able to get this trip opened in time to ensure it will completely fill.

We have had very little interest in the trip so I am hoping that we can easily reschedule it for next year.   Please let us know your thoughts

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#10 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:09 PM

Any thoughts of offering it as a short pre-trip for Cuba?  I'm planning on coming in a couple of days early and could see diving in the Keys prior to that trip.

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 12:46 PM

Any thoughts of offering it as a short pre-trip for Cuba?  I'm planning on coming in a couple of days early and could see diving in the Keys prior to that trip.

Yes there is thought and I'm looking at it. Trying to see how many people would consider arriving early. But even if just a couple we could still do some local diving! Need to scout out some options for a Keys Krawl for 2017.

formerly...

#12 N.J. Turtle

N.J. Turtle

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW 2005 / Nitrox

Posted 26 May 2016 - 03:07 PM

H,  I put in for my vacation time and got it approved already. I was really looking forward to this trip for this year and it's THE ONLY trip I planned to take this year...am saving my $$$ for Maldives! Please keep me posted, I can change my vacation dates but would love to go there THIS year instead of next year.

:blush2:

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 26 May 2016 - 04:12 PM

Thanks girl... I will let you know. but now It looks like my company could me moving THIS WEEK of AUGUST...so everything is up: in the air.... I hope to have some firm decisions soon. :pray

• N.J. Turtle likes this

formerly...

#14 N.J. Turtle

N.J. Turtle

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW 2005 / Nitrox

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:01 PM

:pray:   ok, keep me posted, I understand, just want to make some sort of plan this year for a dive trip...so far haven't made ANY real vacation plans it seems, DOH!  

#15 SassyLilCutie

SassyLilCutie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Board Status:I NEED the Caymans...
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 01 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

I have also been 'stalking' this trip to see when it posted. I have not made any plans but figured this could be a small (cheaper) trip for me to finish the year off with. 

Keep me posted on any changes.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users