• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2017 Best of Florida Aug 25-Sept 1 (Standalone or combined with Labor Day Caymans trip) NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING!!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 08 August 2016 - 05:32 AM

1. NOW OPEN FOR BOOKING HERE!!!

2. USE THIS TOPIC YOU ARE READING RIGHT NOW FOR ASKING QUESTIONS AND TRIP DISCUSSION as well as the topics you will find HERE. (They are all related to this trip and help to better organize information for you.)

3. HOW TO FIND ANY TRIP DISCOUNTS:

You will find them under the purple trip related tabs. Just click and expand.

• www.SingleDivers.com
  • Trips
  • Upcoming trips
  • Best of Florida (scroll down under the picture & pricing matrix to the purple info tabs. Click on the one called Discounts & Rebates for any discounts you qualify for. 95% of all discounts must be taken at booking to qualify for them.

4. READ ALL THE TRIP DETAILS:

Please read all the trip details. They are found under the purple info tabs found under the trip picture and pricing matrix. If you do not see them send an email to admin@singledivers.com for help. Prior to purchasing you will agree to tour T&C's which state that you have read all the trip details prior to booking. Please ensure that you have. :thankyou:

5. WHO'S GOING click HERE!!!

Join us for our BEST OF FLORIDA Trip Aug 25- Sept 1 2017 where we will see the amazing reefs and wrecks from Boynton Beach and Jupiter, as well as the myriad of magical sharks and literally dozens of aggregating Goliath Groupers, PLUS the world famous Blue Heron Bridge fully stocked micro-ecosystem!

• Aug - Best of Florida Aug 25- Sept 1, 2017 

We will be staying in South Florida diving with Starfish Enterprises, Pura Vida Divers and Emerald Charters...three of the BEST dive operators in So Florida!

We will offer 2-3 boat dives a day... lodging....transfers from the hotel and airport to the dive sites (if all works out as this is provided by our local members and those on the trip)....breakfast, a local Happy Hour to meet other So Florida members and more!

Plus.... we'll have some early booking specials for those wanting to save money by booking early! (As with any domestic destination these trips are loss leaders meaning the are run at cost and offer our members a chance to dive without leaving the US!)

AND if all works out well... Pup The Scuba Cowboy may be in So Florida playing so we'll find his gig and enjoy the fun!!!

More info will be coming soon but we will use this topic as our "NOTIFY ME WHEN THIS TRIP OPENS UP" list.

UPDATE:

Because of our pending business move to S.FL, we did not offer a trip to Fl in 2016, so we (Brad, myself and Sylvie) got to do a few days of fun diving. We even got to dive with Zach aka DivZach one of our longtime members back from our Texas days!!!  Zach is an uber boat capt for Pura Vida Divers and we had such a great time not only on the boat with Capt Zach but also diving the wreck corridor WITH ALL THOSE AMAZING AGGREGATING GROUPERS!!!!   As a result we are adding Pura Vida to our BEST OF FLORIDA ALL STAR LINE UP!!!  They will also be helping us with our Blue Heron Bridge dives since they are located on Singer Island and are VERY close to the bridge! :wakawaka:

So this year's staring cast will be Starfish Enterprises, Pura Vida Divers and Emerald Divers via Scuba Works!  WOW!!!!

The agenda will be 2 days of diving with each operator and we will start on Saturday and end on the following Thursday. This allows us to offgas on Friday and fly to Cayman Brac on Saturday!

So whether you are planning our Best of Florida by itself...or in conjunction with our Cayman Brac trip.... YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS OUR ALL STAR OPERATOR LINE UP!!!!  It is TRULY THE BEST OF FLORIDA DIVING!!!

Since a lot of Florida diving is Tidal....if the tide charts are right.... the best line up will be to start with Pura Vida Divers then go to Starfish then end with Emerald.

That makes the agenda as follows:

Aug 25 Fri: Arrive in So Florida

Aug 26 Sat: 2 am dives with Pura Vida (we will offer an OPTIONAL afternoon charter for those interested but the main trip will be 2 am dives)

Aug 27 Sun: 2 am dives with Pura Vida (we will offer an OPTIONAL afternoon charter for those interested but the main trip will be 2 am dives)

Aug 28 Mon: 2 am dives with Starfish (we will offer an OPTIONAL afternoon charter for those interested but the main trip will be 2 am dives)

Aug 29 Tue: 2 am dives with Starfish (we will offer an OPTIONAL afternoon charter for those interested but the main trip will be 2 am dives)

Aug 30 Wed:  3 tank dive with Emerald Charters & SHARKS

Aug 31 Thurs: 3 tank dive with Emerald Charters & SHARKS & CHECK OUT FOR DRIVE IN DIVERS

Sep 1 Fri: Off gas day in preparation for Cayman Brac via Miami & CHECK OUT FOR FLY IN DIVERS

Sep 2 Sat: Fly to Cayman Brac for Labor Day Trip...EVERYONE WELCOME!!!

THOSE WANTING TO BE NOTIFIED WHEN THIS TRIP OPENS UP:

1.  Kamala aka WreckWench

2.  Pup aka Neptuner

3.  Brad aka dive_sail_etc

4.  Bill aka grayfins

5.  Elaine aka SeaBreeze

6.  Chris aka bpro

7.  Mark aka DiveGeek

8.  Maura aka NeedAdventure

9. Stan aka NeedAdventure+1

10. Jerry aka Stayyoung

11. John aka Tandoori

12. Brenda aka missbk

13. Sharon aka Ocean Girl

14. Laura aka AirSipper

15. Bob aka pir8

16. Amy aka barracudababe

17. Gary aka grmnnola

18. Jeff aka Sparky103

Edited by dive_sail_etc, 23 June 2017 - 10:03 AM.

• LifHkr likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:14 PM

WHO'S GOING & AVAILABILITY UPDATE:

NOTE: ALL divers must be Advanced Open Water or equivalent CERTIFIED (possess recognized dive agency Cert card). All dives should be done with Nitrox due to depths and long dive times but ALL JUPITER SHARK DIVES REQUIRE Nitrox. See full details even if only doing 1 or 2 days as follows:

- GO to www.singledivers.com

- Click on "TRIPS" -> "UPCOMING TRIPS" -> "Best of Florida" link (the one with the Goliath Grouper image) to enter that Trip Page

- Under the pricing matrix for the dive packages there are purple tabs. READ ALL especially the "Experience Required & Training/Workshops" tab. Each tab opens a specific information box that spells out important information, what is required, etc.

FULL TRIP Booking Summary of 12 spots TOTAL in combo of full package and/or individual days (some suppliers have a few extra spots but 12 is max for full week packages):

Aug 25 - Sept 01 - SOLD OUT FOR FULL PKGS BUT DAY SPOTS AVAILABLE BELOW!!!!

• Drive In D/O =  6 spots  -  6 spots sold   =  0 available (Kamala, Brad, Sharon, Brenda, Leigh, Jody,)
  • Drive In S/O = 1 spots  -  1 spots sold   =  0 available (Brian + extra nite so technically fly in)
  • Fly In D/O    = 4 spots  -  2 spots sold + 2 spots for day trips  =  0 available (Kathy, Joe)
  • Fly In S/O    = 0 spots  -  0 spots =  0 available (converted to day boat spot)
  • 3 DAY SPOTS per day set up for day spots...MANY STILL AVAILABLE...SEE BELOW FOR WHICH DAYS!!!

NOTE: 12 spots total except for Jupiter which has 14 spots per day

INDIVIDUAL DAY TRIP Booking Summary (no hotel, no tanks, boat spot only but includes taxes):

Aug 26 - Sept 01

• Pura Vida AM 2 tank trip Aug 26 3 spots for day trips - 3 spots sold = 0 available (Babs, Amy, Bob)
  • Pura Vida AM 2 tank trip Aug 27 3 spots for day trips - 3 spots sold = 0 available (Babs, Amy, Bob)
  • Starfish AM 2 tank trip Aug 28    3 spots for day trips - 3 spots sold = 0 available (Bob, Laura, Gabrielle)
  • Starfish AM 2 tank trip Aug 29    3 spots for day trips - 3 spots sold = 0  available (Bob, Laura, Gabrielle)
  • Emerald AM 3 tank trip Aug 30   5 spots for day trips - 2 spots sold = 3  available (Laura, Gabrielle)
  • Emerald AM 3 tank trip Aug 31   5 spots for day trips - 3 spots sold = 2  available (Shelly, Laura, Gabrielle)

IN PROCESS OF SIGNING UP:

1. Babs aka DiverBabs Room Aug 26

2. Shelly aka sassylilcutie Room Aug 31

WAIT LIST:

SUMMARY WHO IS GOING FOR THE FULL WEEK:

1.  Kamala aka WreckWench (Drive In D/O) PAID

2.  Brad aka dive_sail_etc (Drive In D/O) PAID

3.  Brenda aka missbk (Drive In D/O) PAID

4.  Brian aka bgdiver1963 (Drive In S/O) PAID

5.  Sharon aka Ocean Girl (Drive In D/O) PAID

6.  Kathy aka little mermaid (Fly In D/O) PAID

7. Joe aka Diveski (Fly In D/O) PAID

8.  Leigh aka  Aquata (Drive In D/O) PAID

9.  Jody aka Aquajo (Drive In D/O) PAID

FULL PKGS SOLD OUT...see DAY SPOTS BELOW!!!

WAIT LIST:

SUMMARY OF EVERYONE WHO IS GOING BY DAY:

1. Babs aka DiverBabs - PVD Aug 26 & 27 PAID

2. Amy aka Barracudababe - PVD Aug 26 & 27 PAID

3. Bob aka pir8 - PVD 26 & 27, SE Aug 28 & 29 PAID

4. Shelly aka SassyLittleCutie - EC Aug 31 PAID

5. Gabrielle aka sunshinediver - SE Aug 28 & 29, EC Aug 30 & 31 PAID

6. Laura aka pinkmedic16 - SE Aug 29, EC Aug 30 PAID

7. Tom aka anchorboy - SE Aug 29, EC 30 & 31 PAID

8. Emily aka Cocodiver - EC Aug 30 & 31 PAID

EXTRA NIGHTS:

1. Brian aka bgdiver1963 31 Aug one nite PAID

2. Brenda aka missbk 31 Aug one nite PAID

3. Leigh aka Aquata 31 Aug one nite PAID

4. Shelly aka sassylilcutie 30 & 31 Aug two nites PAID

5. Emily aka Cocodiver 30 & 31 Aug two nites PAID

EXTRAS such as nitrox rental tanks for day divers (you will need to handle fills on your own):

CAN BE A DRIVER FOR BLUE HERON BRIDGE DIVE:

1. Brad aka dive_sail_etc (truck, so cargo & 1 pax)

CAN BE AN AIRPORT PICK UP DRIVER:

2. Amy/Bob :thankyou:

CAN BE AN AIRPORT DROP OFF DRIVER:

WANT TO BE PART OF THE HAPPY HOUR/ SOCIAL EVENT ON FRIDAY AUG 25:

WANT TO BE PART OF THE HAPPY HOUR / SOCIAL EVENT ON SATURDAY AUG 26 (if no BHB dive):

WILLING TO DRIVE PEOPLE EACH DAY DIVING:

Edited by dive_sail_etc, 18 August 2017 - 10:05 AM.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 SassyLilCutie

SassyLilCutie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Board Status:I NEED the Caymans...
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:36 AM

Yay, It's open! I'll only be tagging along on the end but it sounds like a BLAST!

So, I need some info. I will be arriving at PBI (Palm Beach International) on Aug 30 Wed @ 9:30am. I would like to dive with the group on Wed AND Thurs, but I'm not sure what time you guys will be heading out. I may only be able to join your afternoon dive on Wed.

Info I need:

1)  Can you tell me what the time schedule is for Wed. so that I can figure out when I can dive with the group on this day?

2)  Where do I sign up for and pay for the add-on diving? I saw an option for an extra night on the booking page but nothing for tagging onto the trip. (Also, if I only dive partial day on Wed. I'm sure we can adjust pricing etc. right?)  (Air is fine, unless Nitrox is pretty affordable)

3)  I will need a room D/O (if possible) for Aug 30 Wed - Sept 2 Sat. How much will this be and where do I sign up for it?

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to tagging along! :diver:

*** P.S.  I now have my Advanced Open Water cert so we're good there!  :wakawaka:

• dive_sail_etc likes this
Posted Image

#4 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:45 AM

Yay, It's open! I'll only be tagging along on the end but it sounds like a BLAST!

So, I need some info. I will be arriving at PBI (Palm Beach International) on Aug 30 Wed @ 9:30am. I would like to dive with the group on Wed AND Thurs, but I'm not sure what time you guys will be heading out. I may only be able to join your afternoon dive on Wed.

Info I need:

1)  Can you tell me what the time schedule is for Wed. so that I can figure out when I can dive with the group on this day?

2)  Where do I sign up for and pay for the add-on diving? I saw an option for an extra night on the booking page but nothing for tagging onto the trip. (Also, if I only dive partial day on Wed. I'm sure we can adjust pricing etc. right?)  (Air is fine, unless Nitrox is pretty affordable)

3)  I will need a room D/O (if possible) for Aug 30 Wed - Sept 2 Sat. How much will this be and where do I sign up for it?

Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to tagging along! :diver:

*** P.S.  I now have my Advanced Open Water cert so we're good there!  :wakawaka:

Hi Shelly, stoked to see you joining us even if only for a couple of days! Kamala is still providing pricing to Traci who will build out the Add Ons for daily dive packages, it is triple the effort as she has to negotiate with each of the three operators involved. I will contact you via PM to help with details like arrival logistics and dive scheduling. *bubbles* :diver:

Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

IMPORTANT!!

All of the Best of Florida dives REQUIRE ADVANCED OPEN WATER AND NITROX certifications. All dives will be subject to moderate to fairly strong current, rarely weak or no current. That is because these dives will be so close as to be almost literally in the Gulf Stream, which also provides the warm and unusually clear water so close to shore, typically less than two miles out with the beaches clearly in view. (The Emerald Charters shark encounters are even farther out, just over three miles, and so even more subject to Gulf Stream effects.)

ANYONE who is considering of signing up for Best of Florida should before booking FIRST ensure they have reviewed all the purple lettered links onto info boxes that contain essential details about the trip, and we highly recommend the initial link everyone review is this one for the minimum in certifications, experience, and safety equipment:

Experience Required & Training/Workshops

#6 missbk

missbk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Cert Level:master diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 10 May 2017 - 03:33 PM

I just paid and signed up for this trip.  Excited  ....  

• WreckWench likes this

#7 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

I just paid and signed up for this trip.  Excited  ....  

Hello Brenda and welcome aboard Best of Florida!  :wakawaka:  A quick check of your profile reveals you are AOW certified, but no mention of Nitrox which is required on the Emerald Charters segment of the trip. There is plenty of time to knock out a Nitrox cert, let us know if you either have it already or would like assistance with completing the study portion (it is onliine now) with completion provided by Kamala who is a Nitrox Instructor on your first day of the trip. :diver:

#8 Ocean Girl

Ocean Girl

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:37 PM

I'll be signing up this weekend! I have friends in West Palm Beach that I will be staying with after the diving is over. Which option do I sign up for if I am planning to stay with them after diving on Thursday?

#9 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:38 AM

I'll be signing up this weekend! I have friends in West Palm Beach that I will be staying with after the diving is over. Which option do I sign up for if I am planning to stay with them after diving on Thursday?

Hello Sharon, we are stoked you've decided to join us for our Best of Florida adventure. Kamala is tightly limited on modifying packages as a part of the deal with the hotel. We invite you to email trips@singledivers.com for further discussion - please include "Sharon aka Ocean Girl: Best of Florida" in the subject line to help us expedite a reply. Again, welcome aboard!! :diver:

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:45 PM

Hello Sharon, we are stoked you've decided to join us for our Best of Florida adventure. Kamala is tightly limited on modifying packages as a part of the deal with the hotel. We invite you to email trips@singledivers.com for further discussion - please include "Sharon aka Ocean Girl: Best of Florida" in the subject line to help us expedite a reply. Again, welcome aboard!! :diver:

Thanks Brad and we've had those discussions. The BEAUTY of SIGNING UP FIRST...you set the limits for those who do the fly in vs drive in pkg. The Drive In pkg (even if you fly but want one less night of hotel) are limited but the real limitation is even numbers... i.e. 2, 4, 6 etc. This way we swap rooms evenly allowing people their desired occupancy choice i.e. single or double. That being said...when signing up for a single room...there is no limitation on whether you do 7 nites or 6 nites since there are no possible roommate mismatches. Clear as mud? Hopefully so! LOL!

Great questions and we are THRILLED you are joining us. Again the early bird gets the worm...or in this case...the room choice of preference!!!  :cool1:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:22 PM

DRIVE IN VS FLY IN PKG

Hello everyone! Just a quick reminder....

This pkg has 6 days of diving unlike most week pkgs. So in a typical pkg you arrive on Sat and start diving Sunday and Thursday is the last day of diving with Friday the dry day and leave Sat.

This pkg however has you arrive FRIDAY and start diving Sat and end diving Thursday so the 7th nite of hotel is Thursday. SO if you are doing the drive in pkg you will be checking out of the hotel on Thursday BEFORE diving, then diving 3 dives and then heading home or wherever else.

I have had several questions about this so wanted to clarify how it worked. :thankyou:

formerly...

#12 barracudababe

barracudababe

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

Do you have an option without the hotel for local folks?

#13 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

Do you have an option without the hotel for local folks?

Hi Amy, yes there are dive only packages being prepared but we want to give our Fly In and Drive In members first shot at bundled room and dive packages. As you can imagine, managing the dive spots for in town vs. out of town members will be a real challenge (which incidentally falls largely to me as the TC for Best of Florida this year) :wacko: so it is mostly a matter of timing to ensure we balance room reservations with dive reservations.

Speaking of out of towners, we appreciate you being a loyal member to The Wench and the club since 2006 (longer than ME even) :cool1: but I notice your Profile still has a Utah address and number. :teeth: Updating is easy:
 - Once logged in to the Forums as you did to post your topic reply, find your Member Name in the top right corner of the page.

- Click the small down arrow next to your Member Name and in the list of options which appear select "My Settings"

- The Settings Page opens right there with your general profile info, with panes along the left hand side that link to creating or updating Email, Password, a standard signature slug (aka signature line) and other stuff.

- Wherever you update info remember to scroll down to find the SAVE button (it is sometimes not visible til you scroll down for it) to save those changes! :cool2:

We are also ready to help with any questions regarding our relatively new Home Page and Booking System launched in 2015, so do not hesitate to reach out to trips@singledivers.com if we can assist. :diver: 

#14 barracudababe

barracudababe

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:45 PM

Ok, well we would love 2 spots on Pura Vida days (for both Bob and I) and 1 on the starfish days (for just Bob) and we'll plan to do the bridge as well. So put us down for first on the list....ready to book as soon as you are. We could also assist with airport pickups if needed....we won't be around for the return though. Thanks

#15 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,126 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

Ok, well we would love 2 spots on Pura Vida days (for both Bob and I) and 1 on the starfish days (for just Bob) and we'll plan to do the bridge as well. So put us down for first on the list....ready to book as soon as you are. We could also assist with airport pickups if needed....we won't be around for the return though. Thanks

So noted - will email you to work out details and let you know when we are ready for you to book the desired segments. Thanks again and see you there (Best of Florida is my fave destination every year!)... :diver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users