• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2018-10:Raja Ampat, Oct 12-23, 2018 OPEN FOR BOOKING & DISCUSSION!!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#16 EagleRayLover

EagleRayLover

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:402

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:03 AM

Kamala & Scott,

I thanked you via email, but not on the forum. Have to say how well the organization worked to get me booked for the trip. You guys rock :dance:  Getting my docs in today!

Beth

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 October 2016 - 08:12 AM

Kamala & Scott,

I thanked you via email, but not on the forum. Have to say how well the organization worked to get me booked for the trip. You guys rock :dance:  Getting my docs in today!

Aw thank you!  We are THRILLED TO HEAR THIS!!!  We have the MOST AMAZING TEAM OF VOLUNTEERS AND DIVE HEROES THAT YOU WILL FIND ANYWHERE!!!!

Its a small but well oiled team that is always open to EVERYONE to help or partake....

Being a new member we'd love for you to share your thoughts HERE!!! That way other new members may feel more comfortable joining in as well! :thankyou:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 07:34 AM

CABIN & AVAILABILITY UPDATE:

I rec'd a few questions and wanted to clarify a few things. We will be fixing the trip description as well.

1. Yes we have space on the trip.

2. I need to  explain better and clarify the side bed comment on Damai's website under rooming. The side bed is a full twin...so you coin toss for the queen vs the full twin bed. All rooms have 2 beds and are VERY SPACIOUS and VERY BIG easily fitting two people in the room for the little time we spend it. But these are so nice you are tempted to stay in them more!

I hope this helps to clarify. ALL the rooms are BEAUTIFUL and stunning for a liveabaord!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#19 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:24 AM

​As if you need any more reasons to join in this trip. The Nov. 2016 newsletter I received from the foundation which supports the ranger patrol in the Misool area, reporting a pod of whales in the area around the resort.

Edited by ScubaTex, 07 January 2017 - 10:32 AM.

• jesterdiver likes this

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#20 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:47 PM

:welcome: Evelyn aka Blenny and Jeff aka JHeyNow! With the addition of the two of you THIS TRIP IS NOW SOLD OUT!!!!  :wakawaka:

Don't despair...I am working on a date in early 2019 for those who could not get on this one. I will keep you posted!

formerly...

#21 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:57 PM

WAIT LIST RULES & HOW TO BE ADDED TO IT:

1. To be on the wait list you must be a registered member or register as a member. PLEASE CHOOSE A FUN SCREEN NAME as they can not be changed after you set them up. Email admin@singledivers.com for help on choosing a name or getting registered. Mine is WreckWench because I love wrecks...you get the idea!!!

2. Any member can be on the wait list...basic or premium.

3. To be added to the wait list for any trip simply post in the trip's forum topic and ask to be added. We will add you to the manual list in the 3rd post of the topic where we show who is going and who is on the wait list before you!

4. To find the trip you want to be added to...click HERE and then choose the trip forum below for the trip you want and click on it and then click on the OPEN FOR BOOKING topic for that trip and then click on ADD REPLY and make your request then click on POST REPLY and you are done!  YOU CAN ALSO USE THE NEW WAIT LIST TOPIC WE HAVE CREATED IF THAT IS EASIER. NAMES ARE ADDED IN THE ORDER THEY WERE POSTED SO WHICH TOPIC YOU POST IN MATTERS LESS THAN WHEN YOU POSTED.

5. For help email admin@singledivers.com

formerly...

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 30 April 2017 - 08:04 PM

And the dance begins... we now have an opening for 1 male deluxe cabin only. Jeff you are next in line...do you want the spot? Or do you want to wait until you can get your friends on as well?

formerly...

#23 o2dive12

o2dive12

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:53 PM

Kamala-Yes, I'd like to take this spot! Upgrading my Premier membership now...

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 07:03 AM

Kamala-Yes, I'd like to take this spot! Upgrading my Premier membership now...

Excellent! Because the spot that opened up was for a male... the first male on the list was contacted. And so it begins... there will be more such chances AND we will have the same trip AGAIN in Jan/Feb of 2019. :wakawaka:  It will open in May 2017 so stay tuned...

formerly...

#25 o2dive12

o2dive12

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:37 PM

Hey Kamala and all. I'm current on my payments. Excited! JW

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:09 AM

Hey Kamala and all. I'm current on my payments. Excited! JW

AWESOME!!! So are we!!!

formerly...

#27 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

​I've been doing some research on several aspects of this trip - most importantly

​HOW TO GET THERE

​There are many ways to get there, in both directions - west & east, but most concentrate on connections through Singapore [SIN] or Jakarta [CGK] - Of course the key is finding flights which are both economical, but also result in the fewest [if any] layovers

​Generally, the flights through SIN will route you to Manado [MDC], {make a stop in Lembeh for some muck diving} then Makassar [UPG], then onto Sorong [SOQ]

​The flights through CGK will route you either to UPG, or to Ambon [AMQ] {another great place to muck dive!}, before going to SOQ

​In Indonesia, the carriers and the destinations they serve, are constantly evolving. I began researching several months ago, and recently discovered Garuda [national airline] had taken some routes from another airline. 

​There are several Indonesian domestic airlines, most limit their routes, and schedules [only flying routes on certain days] - but to make a reservation via the internet requires a credit card issued by an Indonesian bank. On my previous trips, I've utilized an Indonesian travel agent to make the necessary bookings.

​Hope I've given you some insight, without too much confusion.

​One fact is certain, you will spend 24 hours of 'seat time' each way!!

​IT'S WORTH IT!!!

• WreckWench likes this

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

​I've been doing some research on several aspects of this trip - most importantly

​HOW TO GET THERE

​There are many ways to get there, in both directions - west & east, but most concentrate on connections through Singapore [SIN] or Jakarta [CGK] - Of course the key is finding flights which are both economical, but also result in the fewest [if any] layovers

​Generally, the flights through SIN will route you to Manado [MDC], {make a stop in Lembeh for some muck diving} then Makassar [UPG], then onto Sorong [SOQ]

​The flights through CGK will route you either to UPG, or to Ambon [AMQ] {another great place to muck dive!}, before going to SOQ

​In Indonesia, the carriers and the destinations they serve, are constantly evolving. I began researching several months ago, and recently discovered Garuda [national airline] had taken some routes from another airline. 

​There are several Indonesian domestic airlines, most limit their routes, and schedules [only flying routes on certain days] - but to make a reservation via the internet requires a credit card issued by an Indonesian bank. On my previous trips, I've utilized an Indonesian travel agent to make the necessary bookings.

​Hope I've given you some insight, without too much confusion.

​One fact is certain, you will spend 24 hours of 'seat time' each way!!

​IT'S WORTH IT!!!

Thanks Bill. We will help EVERYONE book the last leg of the Trip via our Indonesian Consolidator! (Thanks for the recommendation!)  So just plan to get to Bali or Manado or Jarkarta (may we suggest you avoid Jarkata for safety reasons)

We will post typical routings soon.

formerly...

#29 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 01:23 PM

Thanks Bill. We will help EVERYONE book the last leg of the Trip via our Indonesian Consolidator! (Thanks for the recommendation!)  So just plan to get to Bali or Manado or Jarkarta (may we suggest you avoid Jarkata for safety reasons)

We will post typical routings soon.

Oops, forgot about the Bali [Denpasar - DPS] option, but I think the connection will again be through Makassar [UPG] then onto SOQ [my route in 2008].

I'm aware of the problems in Jakarta - rated #1 in the world for the WORST traffic - not to mention a perceived terrorism problem - although the Indonesian military has an elite unit dedicated to combatting it.

As I mentioned to you several months ago, I'm planning an extended trip of approx. 40 days, which I will post soon. My plan will take me thru CGK, but only to the extent of making connections within a matter of hours.

#30 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:49 PM

The flights to Raja Ampat (Sorong) are long. You can expect to endure 24 hours of ‘seat time’ in various aircraft before you’ll be able to explore the wonders of marine life there. For me, eleven days in scuba diving paradise is not enough!!! I’ve decided to extend my bottom time in Indonesia by the addition of other resorts and destinations. I’ve spent considerable amount of time researching these, have met resort managers, had numerous conversations from divers, and stayed at one of the resorts on previous trips. The itinerary below has been scheduled to minimize surface interval between segments while meeting the timing requirements of the resorts [2 of the resorts are in remote locations with set transfer days, transit to & from these resorts on ‘off’ days can be expensive]. I hesitate to provide any information concerning flights between the destinations, as the flight schedules and airline service changes frequently. On my first trip, less than 30 days prior to the start of the trip, I was informed the route and lay over accommodations had to be changed, since an airline was no longer in business. Luckily, my Indonesian travel agent [the same one Kamala will be using] was able to make the necessary changes, and had another agent meet me enroute to provide airline tickets and a voucher for accommodation.

I’ve provided links to the resorts , so you may perform your own due diligence. I’ve also provided a map and GPS coordinates, so you may utilize Google Earth, to pinpoint where you’ll be travelling. I realize the trip I’m planning exceeds the 30 day visa on arrival. I shall be required to get an extended visa prior to departing on this journey. While my previous trips to Raja Ampat, have not required me to get a West Papua [Irian Jaya] travel permit [Surat Julan]. It’s my understanding as long as you stay in coastal areas, and don’t travel to the interior, a permit is not required. I will confirm this with the travel agent, when I request assistance in booking domestic Indonesian flights.

Oct. 3-11 [beginning date is flexible] – Maluku Divers Resort [3o, 42’, 57.65”S 128o, 5’ 39.4”E] – sharpen your ‘macro eyes’ for the Raja Ampat cruise - ranks with Lembeh for muck diving with its unique species, such as, Ambon Scorpionfish & Psychedelic Frogfish [you might not remember the late sixties, but you won’t forget seeing one of these]  - the resort is conveniently located on the bay [near the airport] for short rides to the dive sites -  also offers reef & wall diving on the ‘ocean side’ of the island – Cost [published rates thru 6/30/18] $1,830 -7nts/6 days/3 tanks/day/ppdo  – incl. meals [w/water, tea, coffee], and 17% tax – not incl. airport transport $15 each way & $8/tank EAN – addt’l nights w/dives $261

Oct. 12 transit – Ambon [AMQ] >>> Sorong [SOQ]-[0o 53’ 39” S, 131o 17’ 13.9” E]

Oct. 12-23 – SingleDivers.com – Damai II Raja Ampat cruise

Oct. 24-31 – Misool Eco Resort [2o 14’ 42” S, 130o 33’ 22.6” E] – a luxury land based resort in southern Raja Ampat – you’ll be able to dive sites you missed on the Damai, to dive with those who have dived the area every day for the past 10 years – has its own marine protected area [visiting liveaboards must coordinate with the resort to dive within the MPA], granted by the locals, enforced by ranger patrols  – Cost [published rates for our 2018 dates] – Accomodation $2,825 ppdo – incl meals [w/water, tea, coffee] and tax  - Unlimited diving $1,045 incl. EAN [other pkg.  or ala carte  diving available]  - Transfer from/to Sorong and 1 nite accommodation at Swiss Bel Hotel $335

Nov. 1-2 – transit Sorong >>> Ambon [1 day layover in either city]

Nov. 3-10 – Ambon [AMQ] >>> Kaimana [KNG]-[3o 38’ 35.5” S, 133o 41’ 46.1” E] – transit & transfer to Triton Bay Divers [3o 52’ 37.4” S 134o 03’ 41.5” E] – a remote basic resort  - liveaboards rarely have dedicated cruises here, instead spending a day or two during a relocation to/from Raja Ampat  – diving has been described as similar to Raja Ampat but with slightly different sub-species, due to fresh water flows into the bay – Cost [thru June 2018] 1,950C /ppdo or 2,475C /so – incl. meals [w/water, tea, coffee], 3 dives/day, transport from/to Kaimana and 21% tax – not incl. soft drinks or juices, marine park fee 500,000rp [approx. $40], night dives 50C – EAN not available

Nov. 10 – transit Kaimana[KNG]>>>Ambon[AMQ] – start long trip HOME [?]

I realize you will not be able to join me for this entire itinerary, but you may want to join me for a portion of it. No matter what portion you choose, I’m confident you’ll have many memorable dives.

Bill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users