• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2018-10:Raja Ampat, Oct 12-23, 2018 OPEN FOR BOOKING & DISCUSSION!!

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:40 PM

It was always our intention to try and add several of these trip add on's to this epic trip! If anyone wants to join Bill we can help book it for you. I am hoping to join him in part of his add'l trip legs....I would love to do them all but have not won the lottery yet! ;)

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 14 July 2017 - 10:06 AM

It was always our intention to try and add several of these trip add on's to this epic trip! If anyone wants to join Bill we can help book it for you. I am hoping to join him in part of his add'l trip legs....I would love to do them all but have not won the lottery yet! ;)

​By the time this trip rolls around, I'll be 67, don't know how many more of these trips are left in me. On a trip to Lembeh, I ran into a retired Dr. & his wife, she was celebrating her 79th birthday. They were still making 3 dives/day, had made a 2 mo. reservation at the resort. They liked it so much, they extended for another month!! I'm fortunate, this will be my 3rd trip to Indonesia & Raja Ampat, and probably my last. There are still a couple more areas/mega trips still in my bucket, namely Solomons/PNG & Mozambique/Madagascar/Mauritius.

​Yes, I've chosen to allocate significant resources in order to dive and make this trip. Let me break down what each portion of the trip cost in relation to the total. Dumai liveaboard [longest portion of trip] 30%; Misool 23%; Ambon & Triton Bay 24%; Airfares & in transit lodging 23%. 

​As I indicated in my original post, I don't expect any of you will be able to join me for this entire itinerary, due to time or resource limitations. Instead, I intended it as a statement of what I have planned, and an invitation to join me, if only for a few days in Ambon, or for the week in Misool. I also felt it was necessary to put this invitation out now, allowing time to evaluate the resorts/diving, and arrange for possible 'vacation time', prior to the time for making airline/resort bookings. I first laid out the objectives of this trip, after returning from the last trip I made to RA in Feb/Mar 2013. 

​Bill

ps - I haven't won the lottery - yet

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#33 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:23 AM

We :wub: you Bill!!! And hopefully some others can join you as well as myself for parts of the add'l legs!   We need to start planning the Solomons/PNG & Mozambique/Madagascar/Mauritius trips you want to take soon so we can get them into the SD calendar when you want to do them! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#34 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:29 AM

After the liveaboard, I'm "IN" for at least another week of diving somewhere and would be very happy to follow Bill's great ideas.

LET'S GO DIVING --- MORE!

#35 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 06:12 PM

We :wub: you Bill!!! And hopefully some others can join you as well as myself for parts of the add'l legs!   We need to start planning the Solomons/PNG & Mozambique/Madagascar/Mauritius trips you want to take soon so we can get them into the SD calendar when you want to do them! -ww

​Was working on doing research for the above, and ran into a post by a gentleman, Ron Silcock, who has dived extensively in many areas. I was particularly interested in what he had to say about Ambon/Maluku Dive Resort. Please follow the link, and don't be afraid to navigate to other areas, especially those related to this trip [Raja Ampat]. There's a wealth of information, which IMO everyone should avail themselves to. I'm continuing to seek out info for Solomons/PNG, and will post my thoughts in the "Where do we want to go next" thread.

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#36 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:32 PM

Thanks Bill! You are partially why we are going to Raja to begin with! :wakawaka:

Susan let's talk about what you want to do. I would love to join you.

formerly...

#37 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 19 July 2017 - 07:52 PM

Misool Eco Resort - dive with those who have dived the area every day for the past 10 years – has its own marine protected area [visiting liveaboards must coordinate with the resort to dive within the MPA], granted by the locals, enforced by ranger patrols 

​Thought y'all wound like to know more of the story behind the Misool MPA - I was fortunate to be one of their first guests at the resort - I'm eager to see how it's changed in the past decade

​Bill

• WreckWench likes this

#38 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 01:26 PM

​Darn - guess I'm getting old - I posted a trip report re: my first trip to MER

​I'll save yall the headache of tryin to find it

https://www.singledi...ool-eco-resort/

Briefly visited the resort in March 2013. They now have hot water for the showers, and a full service bar in the dining area.

Bill

#39 ca_dive_queen

ca_dive_queen

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:basic
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 02 August 2017 - 11:29 PM

Please add me to the wait list for this trip.  Thanks

#40 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

Mary you have been added to the Waiting List - remember we will be opening Raj Ampat Jan/Feb 2019 soon, so be sure to follow this link to the Raj Ampat 2109 trip forum and post in the SAVE THE DATES trip topic! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 03 August 2017 - 09:33 AM

Mary you have been added to the Waiting List - remember we will be opening Raj Ampat Jan/Feb 2019 soon, so be sure to follow this link to the Raj Ampat 2109 trip forum and post in the SAVE THE DATES trip topic! :diver:

Welcome Mary! Being so far out there is always some fall out so if its meant to be...it will! Otherwise we have spots avail for early 2019! That trip will be opening soon!

formerly...

#42 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:46 AM

WOO HOO!!  Really looking forward to this epic dive trip!!!!! 

It would be good to start finalizing the add-ons, specifically WHERE and WHEN to dive after the luxury liveaboard. In a few short months we can start searching for flights to and from Bali, or wherever, so that we find the best price for the most expensive part of the flights. All of the local flights can be done much later, so just knowing the flight dates to arrive & depart from Bali, or whenever in Indonesia would be very helpful.

#43 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:03 AM

It would be good to start finalizing the add-ons, specifically WHERE and WHEN to dive after the luxury liveaboard. In a few short months we can start searching for flights to and from Bali, or wherever, so that we find the best price for the most expensive part of the flights. All of the local flights can be done much later, so just knowing the flight dates to arrive & depart from Bali, or whenever in Indonesia would be very helpful.

We are coming to the point where we can buy air in the next few months. Once I am back in the US we will start the process of getting the add on's identified etc. Thanks for the nudge...

formerly...

#44 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 11:33 AM

​I received an email from Triton Bay Divers, in the last week, inquiring if I was still interested. Of course, I'm still interested, the question is if anyone else on this trip, or site is interested. Please see my previous post in this thread regarding my proposed itinerary. The dates for the SD Damai II & Misool Eco Resort cannot be changed. The question becomes, whether to rearrange the itinerary, if anyone else is interested in the Ambon and/or Triton Bay portions.

​It appears air service to Sorong and Kaimana has changed, again! I strongly suggest anyone going on this trip, use an Indonesian travel agent to book Indonesian domestic air reservations. I'm sure there are other web based services which will make the reservation and make payment. But will they be there, when a month prior to the trip, the airline quits servicing the route?

​I will be making a decision soon on finalizing the itinerary, and begin to make the necessary deposits.

Bill

• jesterdiver likes this

#45 TabeaK

TabeaK

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:51 PM

Awesome tips Bill. Do you have any recommendations for Indonesian travel agents? I was hoping the boat could help us figure out the domestic flights. Jesterdiver and I plan to arrive in Bali a few days early, but will have to leave straight back to the US after the boat returns to Sorong.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users