• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PUERTA GALERA Wk #1 Philippines Transfers and Who's Arriving/Departing When - IMPORTANT

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 19 October 2016 - 05:13 AM

Hello everyone joining us on WEEK #1 Puerta Galera, Philippines trip (Please see similar topic for Week #2 Transfers)

The pricing is awesome for this trip but the airport transfers can be tricky since its a 3 hr transfer consisting of 2 hr van ride and 1 hr boat ride. Its actually  not too bad as we did it several years ago but its quite pricey if you have the van and boat to yourself. Here is a recap of the pricing again from the trip listing details. - CONSIDER ARRIVING A DAY EARLY IN MNL TO EITHER SIGHTSEE OR REST OR JUST INSURE THAT YOU ARE NOT DELAYED DUE TO THE EXPENSE OF A PRIVATE TRANSFER IF YOU WERE DELAYED.

TRANSFER PRICING RECAP:

AIRPORT/HOTEL TRANSFERS ARE NOT INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE PRICE. Pricing below is one way:

Until we have flight schedule for all who are attending this trip, we will not have a firm transfer price.  These are the prevailing rates and why we request that everyone attempt to schedule arrival in Manila at approximately the same times so we can consolidate vans and lower the cost as much as possible.  The land transfer will take approximately 2 hours and then a boat transfer to the hotel will take another hour.  We will post Kamala's travel itinerary here once her flights are booked so you have an idea of when to arrive.  As you can see in the rates below, if you arrive separately, your transfer will be $320; please take scheduling into consideration when booking your flights so you can share the cost and save $$.

1-6 persons = $320.00        7-12 persons = $480.00          13-24 persons = $960.00

ARRIVAL SUMMARIES:

And here are MY FLIGHTS into the Philippines and we will list everyone's flights here as we receive them to coordinate the shared transfers.

ARRIVAL KAMALA (NOTE I will publish my arrival details here once I have them):

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - Arrive ?? Flight not booked yet as flying window has not opened yet but round trip can be as low as $650!!! WOW!

DEPARTURE INFO:

1. Puerta Galera to Anilao to join us for Week #2:  If you traveling with us to Anilao we are setting up a transfer from one resort to the other. More details will be available soon but we have everything worked out for a smooth and simple transfer.

2. Puerta Galera to Manila Airport to head home or elsewhere but NOT joining us in Anilao:  If you are heading home or elsewhere in the world but NOT going to Anilao with us then PLEASE book your flights for NO EARLIER than12:20 (shortly after noon) on Oct 14 (OR CONSIDER A DAY IN MNL TO SIGHTSEE) so that the transfer does not have to be in the dark. There is an increase in price for a night/early dawn transfer and who wants to get up that early anyway! So depending on when the fights are you need 3 hrs for the transfer and 2-3 hrs PRIOR to your flight at the airport so this is not feasible if your flight is earlier than 12:20pm.

DEPARTURE SUMMARIES:

THOSE ON A TRANSFER FOR PEOPLE  DEPARTING Manila so only doing week #1 and going home must  BOOK FLIGHTS AFTER 12:20 on Oct 14:

1. Kamala aka WreckWench - transferring to Anilao on Oct 14

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Scubadoc

Scubadoc

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:375

Posted 19 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

Arriving BR271 - Friday, October 6th - 11:40am

Departing BR 278 - Sunday, October 15th - 6:45pm

I will be staying in Manila Friday night the 6th and Saturday night the 14th, before and after the transfers respectively.  Where is everyone staying?

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

I will be staying in Manila Friday night the 6th and Saturday night the 14th, before and after the transfers respectively.  Where is everyone staying?

Have you set up your hotel in MNL yet? We will set up a group booking in MNL when I get back from Tobago the 24th. This will save some money AND keep everyone together as a group and be safer too!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 Scubadoc

Scubadoc

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:375

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:07 PM

Have you set up your hotel in MNL yet? We will set up a group booking in MNL when I get back from Tobago the 24th. This will save some money AND keep everyone together as a group and be safer too!

Nope not yet, I was waiting to see if there was any group arrangements being made.  Sounds like a plan. :-)

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:37 AM

Nope not yet, I was waiting to see if there was any group arrangements being made.  Sounds like a plan. :-)

Great minds think a like+ AWESOME!!!!

p.s. I am still in Tobago leading a trip so please nudge me a bit when I get back after the 24th to make sure I post this. Tk you++  My email is kamala@singledivers.com

formerly...

#6 CherryNYC

CherryNYC

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:168

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

I am looking at airfares now for wk #1 and I'd like some feedback: 

China Airlines R/T$494 Departing JFK Oct 4, Arrives Manila Oct 5th 9:35am

China Airlines Departing Manila Mon Oct 16th 10:35am Arrives JFK 8:15PM

This appears to be a fantastic deal - giving me 2 extra nights in Manila

What is the rest of the trip cost?

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 12:30 PM

I am looking at airfares now for wk #1 and I'd like some feedback: 

China Airlines R/T$494 Departing JFK Oct 4, Arrives Manila Oct 5th 9:35am

China Airlines Departing Manila Mon Oct 16th 10:35am Arrives JFK 8:15PM

This appears to be a fantastic deal - giving me 2 extra nights in Manila

What is the rest of the trip cost?

Glad you are finding good airfare deals!

Here is how you find the trip details:

The main trip forum details HERE SHOULD have sent you to the new booking site for all the details. Please do the following and then let me know anything I need to fill in that is missing. We will help with the transfers from MNL to the resorts...we will have a simple and inexpensive but SAFE local MNL hotel to keep everyone together as a group...safety in numbers.

Here are the full trip details inside our booking system and where you sign up...

• www.singledivers.com
  • Trips
  • Upcoming Trips
  • Click on the trip you wish
  • Look under the pricing matrix/table and you will see bold purple headers. Click on them to expand and see all the trip details.

Now I want to book a spot:

@ the trip details (see above to reach)

be logged into www.singledivers.com and have your membership upgraded*

Click on the BOOK NOW button in the upper right or BOOK ANY PACKAGE under the pricing matrix

Choose your double d/o or single s/o room choice and decide if paying in full or the deposit (be prepared to pay any catch up payments if any) and click the "add to cart" button.

Add any extras such as nitrox or exttra dives and then proceed to check out

Pay as prompted. Use an echeck to get a 3% cash discount or simply pay the price listed with your credit card

Accept the terms and conditions and if your order is successful you will see a blue box at the top of the screen tell you to now proceed to fill out your online forms for your trip.

I need to find the online forms to fill out:

• www.singledivers.com
  • Trips
  • MY TRIPS
  • Click on the drop down to choose the trip you are managing if signed up for more than one trip
  • The required forms have a RED button next to them. As you complete them they will turn GREEN
  • Please complete ALL forms needed withing 21 days of signing up to avoid a $75 document fee
  • Need more time? Take all the time you need up until 31 days prior to the trip and we will add the $75 document fee to your trip balance so you can pay it online. You must complete your forms prior to 31 days before the trip so we can do rooming, dive buddies, transfers, etc.
  • Want someone to do your forms for you? Email info@singlediverrs.com to schedule a time to provide the information needed and one of our trip coordinators will complete your forms for you for a $200 concierge fee.

I need to upgrade my membership:

If you are not currently upgraded to one of our premium levels please do the following so that you can join one of our amazing club trips.

• www.singledivers.com
  • Forums (we use our forums to manage the club membership and to facilitate asking questions about trips, receiving important trip updates and getting to iknow others on the trip and in the community)
  • Take me to the Surface Interval Forums
  • Login to the upper right
  • Once logged in click on the MEMBERSHIP link next to Gallery on the dark blue line under the SingleDivers.com logo
  • It will tell you the status of your membership. If you have no membership pkg then choose one (most choose "premier") and then follow the payment prompts. NOTE: If you choose paypal your membership will upgrade automatically and you can sign up for a trip immediately. BUT if you choose the SingleDivers.com payment portal it will take 2-3 days for your membership to be manually verified and updated. If you are in a hurry PLEASE USE PAYPAL or you can try and shorten the other process by sending confirmation of your dues payment to admin@singledivers.com and asking for one of our volunteers to expedite the membership upgrade from 2-3 days to 1-2 days.
  • Once your membership is upgraded (it will say Premier Member under your profile picture) then you can book your trip or check PM's (private messages) or check other member profiles. 
  • Now follow the steps above for booking the trip

I'm so glad you are interested in the trip. Its a great one. We were there last year!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users