• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

MALDIVES: Who's All Going on This Trip??? Please introduce yourself! (EVEN if a Veteran SDer)

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#16 MRDESSERT

MRDESSERT

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:90+

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:55 AM

Hi all

I am mrdessert (I own a bakery in NY - sell to law firms, hotels, corporate dining rooms & the UN)..I have been in love with the water since, well forever...been boating, swimming & sailing since I was Much Much younger...grew up near the water & had a sail or powerboat since I was 10...(now a nearly 40 year old Ranger 23 sailboat the family goes out on in Long Island Sound during the summer).

Started diving on thanksgiving vacations and got certified 10 years ago. Dive whenever I am away and once in Dutch Springs (way too cold...but cool to see the thermocline!!)

Very excited for this trip - my wife is sending me on it and told me to "be careful and have fun!". So, I plan on doing as much of that as possible!!

If any of you want I am thinking about the yellow boat tour or the desert safari tour...maybe we can all do one of these or both together...on 3.3.17, that seems like the most people will be available on that day...

see you all soon!

• WreckWench, little mermaid, susiq and 2 others like this

Peace and Good Diving,

Mrdessert aka Craig   :wavey:  :bam:

#17 ItsScubaJen

ItsScubaJen

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:215

Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:30 PM

Hi, I'm Jen. I've been on quite a few SD trips; I believe this will be #10. Maldives has been on my wish list for almost as long as I've been diving, which will be 12 years in March. I'm on the March 5-15 trip, and this will be my second liveaboard experience. I live in St. Louis, and make as many scuba trips a year as I can squeeze in. When I'm not diving, I'm most likely at a concert - I travel a lot for those, too ;)
I look forward to seeing old friends and making new ones. Just a couple of months away!
  • little mermaid, susiq, dive_sail_etc and 2 others like this

#18 SeaLassie

SeaLassie

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW - NITROX
  • Logged Dives:320

Posted 08 January 2017 - 09:38 PM

Hi all, it's Ellen here....aka SeaLassie.  Gosh when you buy into these trips it's so early on you think it will never be time to GO!  About 8 WEEKS, I'm very excited. I'm from Seattle (GO SEAHAWKS).  I've been on several trips with the Wreck Wench...always have a great time and meet new people.  So stoked that I know several people on the trip.  Candice (Roatan & Fiji), Sandra (Fiji) and Terra (Palau).  I'm playing the airline miles game so coming a crazy route. Had enough miles to get from Seattle to Tokyo to Singapore on the Dreamliner (I'm retired from Boeing-love this plane).  Then bought a ticket from Singapore to Colombo then Mele. I'm week 2 - it's gonna be a great trip!

#19 Wet Wally

Wet Wally

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

Hi fellow week-two divers - actually hi to all you divers!!!

This will be my second SD dive (first one being Best of Mexico) and my first liveaboard dive.  I'm a widower for the past 10 months but can now say that my grieving is just about over and, thanks to my guardian angel in heaven who is pointing my compass, my new life journey is beginning.

I live near Hilton Head, South Carolina having moved here from northern Virginia over three years ago.  I'm retired so have had plenty of opportunities to dive and happy to say did a bunch all over, but mostly in the Caribbean.  But again, this'll be my first liveaboard and am looking forward to fantastic diving and when not doing that, just hanging around wearing tee-shirts and swim trunks just about 24/7!

Looking forwards to seeing Kamala again and meeting you all!

Walt 

• WreckWench, little mermaid, susiq and 3 others like this

#20 Divergirl662

Divergirl662

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200ish

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:57 PM

Hi-

I’m Lindsay aka Divergirl662. I will be on the first part of the trip from Feb. 26th- March 5th.  This is my first SD trip as well as my first live aboard trip!

I first started scuba diving around 1998 when I was in high school for Marine Biology camp. We got to scuba dive, drive a mini submarine, experience a diving bell simulation, and spend the night underwater in an underwater habitat!

I have received most of my certifications (Advanced, NITROX, Cavern, and Master Diver) through a college course for scientific diving. After becoming a Marine Biologist I worked in two different aquariums and have done many dives in the aquarium tanks! While I was diving the Georgia Aquarium’s tanks one weekend I fell in love with Manta Rays and is why I choose the Maldives as my first trip!

A few years back I moved back to Chicago (where I grew-up) and went back to school for my Master’s degree in Clinical laboratory science. I currently work at a laboratory that specializes in organ transplantation.

I am really excited to have found SD and am looking forward to the upcoming trip!

#21 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:56 PM

I'm Susan (aka susiq), and I'll be on week 1 of this trip. It's finally becoming real.  This is my first liveaboard trip  and my first dive trip outside our hemisphere (if you don't count a 2 tank dive off of Maui). This bucket list trip is my fourth time with SD!   Looking forward to meeting (or re-meeting) and diving with you all; I always have a great time with K and the SD crew.

Diving since 2004 and have a 300-dive mark coming up on this trip.  Since I live in NYC I'm always dreaming about warm tranquil Caribbean destinations of which my favorite is Cozumel, going there at least once a year since 2005. How can I say no to the most amazing reef system in our part of the world and also? Unlimited guac and the best piña coladas with my many friends there.

I'm a classical musician/pianist and work with opera singers! But diving is my mid-life Ferrari! I'm so glad I found this new life-long passion; after spending 2 month on a cruise ship job, snorkeling around the Caribbean, I had to try diving and I was hooked immediately!

See you all soon!! :fish2:  :dazzler:

Edited by susiq, 12 January 2017 - 04:58 PM.

• WreckWench, little mermaid, dive_sail_etc and 1 other like this
The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#22 Cajun Diver

Cajun Diver

I spend too much time on line

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts
  • Board Status:Local diving
  • Cert Level:Open water, nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:900+

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:46 PM

Hi I'm Butch aka Cajun Diver.  I'm on the 2nd week of the trip and have done many trips with the group.

Here's a link to the story of how I found Singledivers so I won't repeat that here.

I just got back from Little Cayman and the trip thread and a link to the pictures are here.

• WreckWench, little mermaid and susiq like this

Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed. Neil Armstrong & Buzz Aldrin on the moon, Michael Collins in the command module orbiting -  July 20, 1969

It looks like it’s going to be another fine day - John Wayne

#23 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

Hi I'm Butch aka Cajun Diver.  I'm on the 2nd week of the trip and have done many trips with the group.

Here's a link to the story of how I found Singledivers so I won't repeat that here.

I just got back from Little Cayman and the trip thread and a link to the pictures are here.

As always it is so great to have you on a trip AND in the club! :wakawaka:

• little mermaid likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#24 DesiDiver

DesiDiver

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 23 January 2017 - 02:54 PM

Hi All - this is Sumant aka DesiDiver from Washington DC, on the first week (26-Feb). 

Looking forward to diving Maldives and especially with SD (3rd trip so far and second live aboard). Been diving for 15+ years, 2-3 trips per year.  

Really hope to see Manta's and maybe Whale Sharks and of course, Maldives before it vanishes...Reaching on Thu (2/24), would like to see some local sites and even local diving.

See you there! 

- Sumant

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this

#25 SassySeaTurtle

SassySeaTurtle

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:Advance Open water diver
  • Logged Dives:13

Posted 04 February 2017 - 01:09 PM

Hello all,
My name is Nadley(aka SassySeaTurtle)...I have been diving for a couple years but this will be my first trip with SD and my first live aboard. I am very excited to experience a new side of diving and hope to see some big beautiful creatures.
I am originally from the Midwest and relocated to California several years ago for my travel nursing career and have never looked back. My last dive was in Monterey bay which was an experience in itself...looking forward to a warm water dive again!
I will be arriving to Male on Feb 25th for the Maldives feb 26-5th trip and can't wait to meet everyone. Not sure how much time I will have to explore but can't wait to put my toes in the sand. See ya'll there!
Nadley
  • WreckWench and little mermaid like this

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:38 PM

:welcome:  It is so nice to have new members joining us! :wakawaka:

Hello all,
My name is Nadley(aka SassySeaTurtle)...I have been diving for a couple years but this will be my first trip with SD and my first live aboard. I am very excited to experience a new side of diving and hope to see some big beautiful creatures.
I am originally from the Midwest and relocated to California several years ago for my travel nursing career and have never looked back. My last dive was in Monterey bay which was an experience in itself...looking forward to a warm water dive again!
I will be arriving to Male on Feb 25th for the Maldives feb 26-5th trip and can't wait to meet everyone. Not sure how much time I will have to explore but can't wait to put my toes in the sand. See ya'll there!
Nadley

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:39 PM

Lindsay you seem WELL PREPARED FOR THIS EPIC TRIP!!! We can't wait to meet you!!!  :welcome:

Hi-

I’m Lindsay aka Divergirl662. I will be on the first part of the trip from Feb. 26th- March 5th.  This is my first SD trip as well as my first live aboard trip!

I first started scuba diving around 1998 when I was in high school for Marine Biology camp. We got to scuba dive, drive a mini submarine, experience a diving bell simulation, and spend the night underwater in an underwater habitat!

I have received most of my certifications (Advanced, NITROX, Cavern, and Master Diver) through a college course for scientific diving. After becoming a Marine Biologist I worked in two different aquariums and have done many dives in the aquarium tanks! While I was diving the Georgia Aquarium’s tanks one weekend I fell in love with Manta Rays and is why I choose the Maldives as my first trip!

A few years back I moved back to Chicago (where I grew-up) and went back to school for my Master’s degree in Clinical laboratory science. I currently work at a laboratory that specializes in organ transplantation.

I am really excited to have found SD and am looking forward to the upcoming trip!

formerly...

#28 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 05:40 PM

:welcome: Craig...way to jump in and splash around! See you soon! :)

Hi all

I am mrdessert (I own a bakery in NY - sell to law firms, hotels, corporate dining rooms & the UN)..I have been in love with the water since, well forever...been boating, swimming & sailing since I was Much Much younger...grew up near the water & had a sail or powerboat since I was 10...(now a nearly 40 year old Ranger 23 sailboat the family goes out on in Long Island Sound during the summer).

Started diving on thanksgiving vacations and got certified 10 years ago. Dive whenever I am away and once in Dutch Springs (way too cold...but cool to see the thermocline!!)

Very excited for this trip - my wife is sending me on it and told me to "be careful and have fun!". So, I plan on doing as much of that as possible!!

If any of you want I am thinking about the yellow boat tour or the desert safari tour...maybe we can all do one of these or both together...on 3.3.17, that seems like the most people will be available on that day...

see you all soon!

formerly...

#29 KeysJohn

KeysJohn

Getting started

• Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:19 AM

Hi to all the first week people,

I'm John aka KeysJohn and am really looking forward to my first trip with SD and to the Indian Ocean as a diver. I spent some time there as a Navy pilot way back when and didn't get a chance to dive.

I live in Key Largo, FL and dive regularly on the reefs and wrecks we have here. I'm always looking for new places to dive. As an airline pilot for 33 years I got to see a lot of the world but now enjoy the retired life in Florida.

February 26 will be here before I know it. Can't wait.

See you soon.

#30 MizTee

MizTee

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 55 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 10 February 2017 - 07:52 AM

Hi. I'm late in introducing myself but I'm Sandy aka MizTee. I see there are a few Sandra's/Sandys on this trip. I'm not Sandra, I'm Sandy T and I'm looking forward to my first live aboard. I know some of you from previous trips and gotten to know some others online. See you soon.
  • WreckWench likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users