• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DOMINICA: Who's All Going on This Trip??? Please introduce yourself! (EVEN If a veteran SDer!)

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

Hello Dominica Trip Goers!!! Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you better before showing up to dive together! Not that divers really need many introductions but one of the really cool things about our group is we do get to know each other a bit before meeting in person! And its so much fun to say "Oh you are WreckWench or You are resqdew!"

So please take a minute to share a little about yourself!  :thankyou: Kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:01 PM

Hi I'm Kamala aka WreckWench!  I found the club by 'founding' the club! :lol: Ok so I won't quit the day job to become a stand up or sit down comic! ;)

I've been diving since 1994 and have become addicted to scuba so much so that I quit my day job to become a scuba bum full time.  Now I mainline diving as often as I can and love meeting fellow divers who love diving as well! :wakawaka:

Not only am I going on this trip, but I will be your trip leader and personal hostess!  :cool1:

Welcome and please introduce yourself as well ! :thankyou:

• EASY likes this

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 bgdiver1963

bgdiver1963

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1055

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:33 PM

Hello Dominica Trip Goers!!! Please introduce yourself so we can get to know you better before showing up to dive together! Not that divers really need many introductions but one of the really cool things about our group is we do get to know each other a bit before meeting in person! And its so much fun to say "Oh you are WreckWench or You are resqdew!"

So please take a minute to share a little about yourself!  :thankyou: Kamala

Hello

#4 bgdiver1963

bgdiver1963

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

Hello All,

This will be my 1st trip with Single Divers.  Week 2.  I have been diving since 1995, AOW Nitrox with 625 warm water dives.  I have been to Dominica before, I think around 2005.  I like morning dives, lunch and a beer or 2.  Non smoker.  If anyone is interested in the hikes or tours in Dominica, I'm in.  From what I remember, you can walk to town, no sidewalks in 2005, but was not that far.  

Brian  aka BGdiver1963

• WreckWench and sallybok like this

#5 sallybok

sallybok

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 06 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

It is nice to know there will be another 'newbie' to SD on week 2. :wavey:  Brian, are you going on the charter on 6/3 out of SXM? It would be nice to know there is someone to join in the adventure. I will be flying from Charlotte NC. I've been diving 10 years with a trip to warm waters about every 3-6 months. Also, I only do 2 dives a day. This is my first time in Dominica.

• WreckWench likes this

#6 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 06 January 2017 - 07:56 PM

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jose aka JesterDiver and I'll be on week #1. I've been diving since 2004 or so. This will be my 10th Singledivers trip since 2013  :wakawaka: , I guess this makes me a veteran LOL! This will also be my second trip to Dominica, it proved to be such a special place to dive Just had to go back! I'm usually good for 3 to 4 dives a day followed by evening cocktails!  :D Like always, I look forward to meeting great new people and seeing old friends again.

• WreckWench and EASY like this

#7 bgdiver1963

bgdiver1963

On a roll now.....

• Premier Member
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:50 AM

It is nice to know there will be another 'newbie' to SD on week 2. :wavey:  Brian, are you going on the charter on 6/3 out of SXM? It would be nice to know there is someone to join in the adventure. I will be flying from Charlotte NC. I've been diving 10 years with a trip to warm waters about every 3-6 months. Also, I only do 2 dives a day. This is my first time in Dominica.

Good morning Sallybok,

I am flying Harrisburg  PA to PHL then SXM arriving 1:01 pm   Charter Winair 7104 at 16:15.   SXM is ez.  I was in Saba in February 16, when you get your baggage there is a  Winair counter to recheck in the baggage area.  Then you go into main terminal to the gate.  Also has a few shops and places to eat.  I will see you there.   

• WreckWench and dive_sail_etc like this

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

HI Brian aka bgdiver1963! We are REALLY happy you found us!  DOM Is one of my favorite places in the world to dive! It is as you remember it... no sidewalks (or only a few) and a short walk to town or a few stores.... no highrises....land that Americans can buy... (whoops did I let my inner dream out???) ;)  And we do two amazing dives in the am...some of us dive more on the house reef and then enjoy an adult beverage or two. People LOVE to go see the island and partake of the hiking and waterfalls and as we get closer we will start having people planning to do the tours available and the hikes. We have several amazing operators who act as guides and rides and are very reasonable priced and much easier than trying to rent a vehicle and do it on your own!  Thanks for jumping in and we can't wait to meet you in person! kamala

Hello All,

This will be my 1st trip with Single Divers.  Week 2.  I have been diving since 1995, AOW Nitrox with 625 warm water dives.  I have been to Dominica before, I think around 2005.  I like morning dives, lunch and a beer or 2.  Non smoker.  If anyone is interested in the hikes or tours in Dominica, I'm in.  From what I remember, you can walk to town, no sidewalks in 2005, but was not that far.  

Brian  aka BGdiver1963

formerly...

#9 CommanderH

CommanderH

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:51 PM

Hi All - My name is Holly, aka, CommanderH, and this is my second trip with single divers, the first being an outstanding two weeks in Fiji.  I've been diving since 1985, some years more than others, and I've heard such wonderful things about Dominica - I'm thrilled to be on this trip.  I LOVE night dives and I'm hoping there will be enough interest to get 2 or 3 in the week(1st) I'm there.  Otherwise I like to dive morning and afternoon with a nice relaxing adult beverage to cap off the day.  Kamala, you are living the dream of so many of us divers and I can't thank you enough for this great group you've started and kept going.  

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:26 PM

We are ALSO thrilled you are joining us Sally in one of my fave places in the world to dive!  We will help people connect as we get a bit closer so you can connect and travel in numbers for safely and fun.  I did not know you were in CLT!! I'm pretty close in the update of SC. I hope you love DOM as much as I do! :wakawaka:

formerly...

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 02:36 PM

Hey Jose....you know I think you are a true blessing on our trips! And a blast as well! It is certainly shaping up to be a great group in a great venue!!!  :diver:

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jose aka JesterDiver and I'll be on week #1. I've been diving since 2004 or so. This will be my 10th Singledivers trip since 2013  :wakawaka: , I guess this makes me a veteran LOL! This will also be my second trip to Dominica, it proved to be such a special place to dive Just had to go back! I'm usually good for 3 to 4 dives a day followed by evening cocktails!  :D Like always, I look forward to meeting great new people and seeing old friends again.

formerly...

#12 DiverLori

DiverLori

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Retired MSDT and Full Cave
  • Logged Dives:Lost count!

Posted 21 January 2017 - 07:13 AM

Hello! After a few moments of panic trying to find my charter reservations out of SXM, I finally realized I had SD book them for me. So, now that my heart rate is returning to normal, I'll post my introduction.

Hi! I am also a newbie to SD and I'm booked on week two. I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and just tickled to find this group. I lost my dive buddy in 2009 suddenly to heart disease and have been tossed around on shop trips here and there when another single female was traveling.....not always a sure thing as you sit on the waiting list always in limbo wondering if you are going or not. I have been diving regularly since 2009, so no worries there....it's just been a Russian roulette of "do I get to go?" Or "will the clique be welcoming?" And the ever present will my married dive buddies mind a third wheel?

Is it time to go yet???

#13 sallybok

sallybok

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:130+

Posted 22 January 2017 - 05:57 PM

Lori,

I am happy to know there is another person going to SXM on week 2. I hope you are traveling on 6/3. I will be lugging a red duffle, have short blond hair. One of the older divers. Not sure what I will wear, but hope this will help us hook up in SXM. I often travel as you have with unknown groups, so it just 'feels' better knowing I won't be totally alone on the last leg. I am flying out of Charlotte, NC. Looking forward to meeting you.  Sally

BTW WreckWrench  I live in the San Francisco area but connecting in CLT.

#14 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 23 January 2017 - 08:36 AM

Well since I am going on this trip (Week Two) I better jump in and introduce myself as well. Brad from Southwest Georgia with summers spent aboard my sailboat in Panama City. I enjoy lots of local FL Panhandle diving as well as cool dive getaways, well, like this one. :glare: I am what might be called a veteran SD'er, been with Kamala's club since 2008 and moved up the volunteer ranks to Trip Coordinator (for trips, well, like this one) ;) and Forums Administrator. I have about 10 SingleDivers.com trips under my (weight) belt so far. Looking forward to my first Dominica experience with the rest of the Week Two'ers.

• little mermaid likes this
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#15 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 16 February 2017 - 04:14 PM

I need a distraction so I will introduce myself. Im Scott and I havent had a drink since Dominica last year. I will doing both weeks and this will be my 4th trip to Dom.

Ive been a member and admin since 2008. Dont know how many SD trips Ive done, probably 15-20. I started the same time Brad did. I mainly break things on the site and see if anybody notices to keep the others on their toes. That gets me attention from Traci, Kamala, and Brad. Then sadly, I have to fix it... if I feel like it... and I usually do. Ask them, thats really how it works around here!!! Something magically breaks, they complain, and then I harass them awhile and probably fix it after I feel they have suffered long enough. Its alot of fun... for me.

Looking forward to getting the heck out dodge and starting my 12 step program again.
  • WreckWench, little mermaid, EASY and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users